Regionals to be in November and April!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it better not be wonder launcher. I've been on the wrong side of the timer two times too many lol. With my only match losses at worlds being to the timer honestly I can't say I'm keen on it.

Yeah the timer stinks. But anyways my predictions for the rules going by this "reliable" source would be around Monday or Tuesday next week in the afternoon. This is just based on past year's rules when they came out in Japan, it was the afternoon there. But hopefully if it isn't next week, it's soon.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Woah it's Pablo. I haven't seen you in forever. You're username used to be PabloMsomething didn't it? Are you thinking of switching from TCG to VGC?

Woah it's Pablo. I haven't seen you in forever. You're username used to be PabloMsomething didn't it? Are you thinking of switching from TCG to VGC?
Hehe it's me indeed, and my username varies but I've always been Pablo on smogon, might Pablo Meza or some variation of that in other places.

And not switching, playing both competitively :). I'm hoping to go to the Regional confirmed for South California, and compete in both TCG and VGC events and excel at them both ;).

I know how it sounds, and if you knew more about the mexican scene I could go more in depth, but my source is one of the owners of 'Pokemex', biggest Pokemon site in Mexico and has official links and direct contact to TPCi and thus they are pretty reliable.
Roundtree?

Yves isn't affliliated with Pokémex (he's only TCG). I think Pablo might be talking about one of like four people (probably Grow LOL )

EDIT: So if it's Grow, I wouldn't get my hopes so high. He's a little....emmm...inconsistent with his decisions (ehemvanmutherfockerfanelehem)

Nope, someone else. AFAIK Roundtree isn't really involved in the VGC area but I'm not sure.
Yves isn't affliliated with Pokémex (he's only TCG). I think Pablo might be talking about one of like four people (probably Grow LOL )

EDIT: So if it's Grow, I wouldn't get my hopes so high. He's a little....emmm...inconsistent with his decisions (ehemvanmutherfockerfanelehem)
If Yves is a PTO down there, then he very well may have more involvement in the VGC here soon.

He's been here for a long time (at least 5 years) and he's done nothing for VGC, not even try. I'm sure he'll stick to TCG this year, and VGC will have to get anyone else.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mexico doesn't have VGC yet. If they do, and they're tied to TCG, then your existing PTOs will likely have a hand in it. That's sort of why the events discussed in this thread are happening.

He's been here for a long time (at least 5 years) and he's done nothing for VGC, not even try. I'm sure he'll stick to TCG this year, and VGC will have to get anyone else.
Mexico doesn't have VGC yet. If they do, and they're tied to TCG, then your existing PTOs will likely have a hand in it. That's sort of why the events discussed in this thread are happening.
QFT Firestorm.

Yves may not have done anything yet with the VGC, but that is because of the lack of support. If everything about regionals+ being both TCG & VGC, i am sure that ALL PTO's (And TO's) will be needing at least a crash course in the basics of a VGC tournament.

Quoting my own source:
"Make sure you get your background check done. I need you as a verified TO soon."
"Also, if you take the professor test now, it would be useless. Wait a bit before you take it - you will know when."
And above all:
"And before the end of the month, i need you to get me numbers of video game players at all your local leagues. Like i said before, i am bound by an NDA, but that does not mean i cannot prepare my judges a little for the BIG changes that are going to happen."
So yes, i have a little info that my PTO has trusted me with - but what i know is not worthwhile (Or relevant to any upcoming rules).

The only person here who (was peeping where he shouldn't) knows what i am talking about is Huy - and i am sure that he won't leak it for me. I trust him to keep it secret for my own sake.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
leak leak leak leak leak leak leak leak

but in all seriousness i'm probably done with pokemon. switching to tcg.

But if you guys play TCG before worlds who am I supposed to discuss the merits of playing irl anime style battling instead of tcg and stare blankly at the game with now

Gec I need yooooooooooou

I like you more already ultimatedra. ^_^

Also probs gonna learn some TCG myself.
You know me - wanting to please the ladies ;-)

And it is good to know at least the basics of the TCG andrea - it means that you have more to bring to the table come worlds volunteering time.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
But if you guys play TCG before worlds who am I supposed to discuss the merits of playing irl anime style battling instead of tcg and stare blankly at the game with now
lol irl cap asb

i could imagine that

andrea

/me cresselias
Why exactly did we not do that on the beach again?

And it is good to know at least the basics of the TCG andrea - it means that you have more to bring to the table come worlds volunteering time.
I've started playing. Got myself a legit competitive deck (for the most part) so we'll see how well I learn over the next couple months. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)