Sports Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Matt Striker is really good yeh, but i'm still old fashioned and prefer JR and King, even if they make mistakes every now and then.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone else think Matt Striker is the best color commentator?
Yeah, I think Striker is brilliant on commentary. Striker should replace Tazz on Smackdown as color commentator, because him and JR together would be great. Maybe I'll get my wish at this years draft.

Does anyone here have a favorite pro wrestler? those are mine below
Raw - Chris Jericho
ECW - John Morrison
Smackdown - Undertaker
TNA - AJ Styles
ROH - Bryan Danielson
Japan - Kenta Kobashi

I remember back when Pro Wrestling wasnt so very gimmicky(though there were still some gimmicks) and it was actually kind of cool.
A few of my faves from BACK in the day were
Ultimo Dragon (WCW)
Diamond Dallas Page (WCW era)
Harlem Heat and also the Outsiders were cool. especially the toothpick throw.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I remember back when Pro Wrestling wasnt so very gimmicky(though there were still some gimmicks) and it was actually kind of cool.
A few of my faves from BACK in the day were
Ultimo Dragon (WCW)
Diamond Dallas Page (WCW era)
Harlem Heat and also the Outsiders were cool. especially the toothpick throw.

I think it used to be way more gimmicky than it is now. Come on and go deeper in memories..

The Million Dollar Man
The Honky Tonk Man

Doink the clown.....

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Raw: Shawn Michaels / Randy Orton
SmackDown!: Edge
ECW: Christian (why did they put him on ECW -_-')
TNA: AJ Styles

I quite like Tag Teams too, so my favourite Tag Team right now would have to be Beer Money Inc. without a doubt, the best in TNA and one of the best anywhere.

Raw: Shawn Michaels / Randy Orton
SmackDown!: Edge
ECW: Christian (why did they put him on ECW -_-')
TNA: AJ Styles

I quite like Tag Teams too, so my favourite Tag Team right now would have to be Beer Money Inc. without a doubt, the best in TNA and one of the best anywhere.
My favorite wrestler in WWE is Shawn Michaels hands down, has been for years.

I also like the Undertaker, Chris Jericho, Edge, Christian, Big Show, and Triple H (although I hate that he gets godpushed so much).

In TNA, I like Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, and Samoa Joe a lot.

As far as tag teams go, I like Miz and Morrison, Cryme Time, and Beer Money right now.

Anyone watch ECW and see the awesomeness that was Chrisitan and Jack Swagger match this week. I'm sure nobody else watches ECW, but they gave it like half the show and it was great.

I think it used to be way more gimmicky than it is now. Come on and go deeper in memories..

The Million Dollar Man
The Honky Tonk Man

Doink the clown.....
Wrestling seems to go in cycles.

It'll be gimmicky, then it won't be as gimmicky (the 90's was reasonably gimmick free once the Outsiders crossed over to WCW), then it will be again like it's getting now.

Does anyone here have some favorite matches? One of my favorites are CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe for the ROH World Championship at Joe vs. Punk II and Low Ki vs. KENTA for the GHC Junior Heavyweight Championship at Final Battle 2005.

Raw: Randy Orton
Smackdown: MVP
ECW: John Morrison
this

though I obviously love a lot other ones; Swagger, Benjamin, Edge and Jericho pretty much consistently have amazing matches in my opinion, I love Kendrick and the Miz is getting consistently more enjoyable as time goes on.

Does anyone here have some favorite matches? One of my favorites are CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe for the ROH World Championship at Joe vs. Punk II and Low Ki vs. KENTA for the GHC Junior Heavyweight Championship at Final Battle 2005.
Yeah Kenta Kobashi vs. Mitsuharu Misawa for the GHC Heavyweight belt in 2003, in recent history though it is the Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk series.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RAW: 2nd March 2009

The way King hyped up his annoucement made me think it'd be something bigger. Title match tonight, Edge vs Cena.

Wrestlemania WWE Title News
Randy Orton will face Triple H at Wrestlemania

There was a random Diva's Tag Team Match, but no one cares about the result if you can't see the action.

Rey Mysterio vs Mike Knox vs Kane (Money in the Bank Qualifier)
Outcome: Kane wins, quite surprising actually.

Shawn Michaels vs Vladimir Kozlov (Winner to face Undertaker)
Outcome: Wow, Kozlov's undefeated streak gone, just like that.. We get our Wrestlemania :)

Edge vs John Cena (World Heavyweight Title Match)
Outcome: John Cena wins via DQ, Edge hits Cena with the title.

Vickie makes an annoucement!
The new No.1 Contender for the World Heavyweight Title is The Big Show! What does this mean for Cena? I expect a Triple Threat Match between the three to be honest.

RAW: 2nd March 2009

There was a random Diva's Tag Team Match, but no one cares about the result if you can't see the action.
I didn't understand why Maryse was there as commentator with Melina. It was cool when Maryse gave Melina a DDT though Lol. Maybe there is going to be a Champion vs Champion thing at Wrestlemania, and unify the 2 belts?

So what are everyone's thoughts on Mark Henry in the Money in the Bank Ladder match? You'd think he pull a 450 Splash?

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Good move on behalf of WWE to put the IC Title on JBL. This gets him out of the main event spots, hopefully freeing up some space for Punk (but more likely a returning Batista), and maybe he'll even get a storyline to go with his title reign, unlike many of the past champions in recent memory. 'Cause let's face it, the last IC champion who actually got any attention was Santino.

Put up the Honk-O-Meter!

John Bradshaw Layfield might retire soon he is having back problems again, retiring as Intercontinental Champion would be cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)