SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurray, you can run out of Beast Balls and yet still receive more from Looker.
One.
Who thought this would be a good idea? These Balls are worse than regular Poké Balls when used on regular mons and we are supposed to carry one at a time?! Game Freak...!

But rejoice! There's a way to cheat the game on this. Just give your Beast Ball to your Pokémon. The game only checks your Bag and gives you another Beast Ball if there aren't any in there.

Hurray, you can run out of Beast Balls and yet still receive more from Looker.
One.
Who thought this would be a good idea? These Balls are worse than regular Poké Balls when used on regular mons and we are supposed to carry one at a time?! Game Freak...!

But rejoice! There's a way to cheat the game on this. Just give your Beast Ball to your Pokémon. The game only checks your Bag and gives you another Beast Ball if there aren't any in there.
Nice, I want to breed my Zigzagoon/Wurmple babies in Beast Ball. :pimp:

Is it confirmed that Hyper Training works on transferred Pokemon? I wanna know before I go on a mass synchronize fest.

Well Spotlight is going to be confusing to all german-speaking Pokemon players.

For those not in the know: Follow me is already called Spotlight in german.

I can imagine a lot of people searching for sets online being like "But this can't even learn spotlight..." xD

Guys, I'm trying to SOS Chain Mareanie...
Is the chaining considered broken if the one who appeared is another Corsola?

Well Spotlight is going to be confusing to all german-speaking Pokemon players.

For those not in the know: Follow me is already called Spotlight in german.

I can imagine a lot of people searching for sets online being like "But this can't even learn spotlight..." xD
Even better...

The Ultra Ball is called Hyperball in German.
The Beast Ball is called Ultraball in German.

Have fun in Wi-Fi all you Germans.

Last edited:
Are Shellos/Gastrodon forms strictly version-exclusive? I haven't found a single West variant in Moon, but I didn't exactly looked very thoroughly and they might differ in rarity between the games...

^My guess would be to catch a Surskit, level it up to lv. 30, then breed with female Wimpod. In the Sun version there's also Tirtouga (lv. 15), but I'm not so sure it would be compatible with Wimpod.

Is there a list of all the Battle Tree teams out there?

I plan on making a well-organized guide for it, like what I did for the Gen VI Battle Maison.

regarding the wild pokemon calling for help, can you kill the first one, and the summonned can still summon more helpers(efectively making struggle self damage not a problem) or only the initial can summon more help?
You can Sketch a move Sketched by a Smeargle (they are easy to meet in Route 2), or Sketch a transformed Ditto.

Yup, since the fighting Pokémon is placed in the first party slot, the Synchronizer needs to be fighting if you want it to affect the allies. Having a KO Synchronize in your party will not affect them. (tested and confirmed)

Well, I really need to try the Smeargle + Skill Swap +Synchronize combo to see if it works.

So the way to go is with kadabras with foreplay?

Last edited:
regarding the wild pokemon calling for help, can you kill the first one, and the summonned can still summon more helpers(efectively making struggle self damage not a problem) or only the initial can summon more help?
From whats been seen so far, as long as the summoned pokemon is of the same evolutionary line(eg. Bagon calling Mence) the ally can summon. However if the ally is of another line(eg Corsola->Mereanie) the summoned mon cant call for help any further.

Image guide

E: Corrections/more info

Metarkrai said:
Certain Pokémon from an evolutionary family can't call for allies (like Salamence or Snorlax).
Each Pokémon has a value that influences their chance to call for allies (it has been named "Call Rate"). The higher the value, the higher the chances to call for an ally (it probably influences the success chance of a call too).
Pokémon that have a Call Rate of 0 can't call for allies at all (like Minior or Wimpod, unfortunately).
Here is the list of Pokémon with non-zero Call Rates : http://pastebin.com/Uv3k3QYW

Last edited:
Vulpix can breed with Smeargle, which is available very early this time around. Find a way to Sketch a Moonblast (or whatever you need) and breed away.

So the way to go is with kadabras with foreplay?
It seems so.
I'm still testing if you need the Pokémon to have Synchronize as its original ability to get it to work, or if a copied Synchronize works. (It seems that you need to have Synchronize originally. Kadabra who lost Synchronize with ForePlay seems to still affect the nature of new allies).

From whats been seen so far, as long as the summoned pokemon is of the same evolutionary line(eg. Bagon calling Mence) the ally can summon. However if the ally is of another line(eg Corsola->Mereanie) the summoned mon cant call for help any further.

Image guide
Certain Pokémon from an evolutionary family can't call for allies (like Salamence or Snorlax).
Each Pokémon has a value that influences their chance to call for allies (it has been named "Call Rate"). The higher the value, the higher the chances to call for an ally (it probably influences the success chance of a call too).
Pokémon that have a Call Rate of 0 can't call for allies at all (like Minior or Wimpod, unfortunately).
Here is the list of Pokémon with non-zero Call Rates : http://pastebin.com/Uv3k3QYW

Is there a shiny charm or something like that in this game?
I just want to know if its worth chaining for shinies before beating the game. If there is some kind of shiny charm post-game then waiting is probably the best idea.

Also, do pokemon call allies of multiple species, or do we always know who they will call? Is there a resource for this?

And how much does the Adrenaline Orb seem to increase the Call Rate by?

Is it confirmed that Hyper Training works on transferred Pokemon? I wanna know before I go on a mass synchronize fest.
Can someone confirm or deny this. Still have all my event pokes to download and gave up a while ago trying to get perfect Ivs on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)