SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a double battle that can be redone to get moves onto Smeargle in Sun/Moon? Cause I don't remember if you can rebattle trainers.
You can Sketch a move Sketched by a Smeargle (they are easy to meet in Route 2), or Sketch a transformed Ditto.

So when a wild 'mon calls an ally, you have to have your synchronizer currently in battle for it's effect to apply to the newly summoned 'mon?

And oh well about Gallade's SuMo availability, I'll just use something else until postbank
Yup, since the fighting Pokémon is placed in the first party slot, the Synchronizer needs to be fighting if you want it to affect the allies. Having a KO Synchronize in your party will not affect them. (tested and confirmed)

Well, I really need to try the Smeargle + Skill Swap +Synchronize combo to see if it works.

You can Sketch a move Sketched by a Smeargle (they are easy to meet in Route 2), or Sketch a transformed Ditto.

Yup, since the fighting Pokémon is placed in the first party slot, the Synchronizer needs to be fighting if you want it to affect the allies. Having a KO Synchronize in your party will not affect them. (tested and confirmed)

Well, I really need to try the Smeargle + Skill Swap +Synchronize combo to see if it works.
Sketchception..

And thanks. XD

Why I cant find bagon on island 1? it is on route 3 isnt it? Anyone have tips?
It is that rare...
I spent more than 30 minutes before I encounter my 1st 1% Bagon...

So I checked the IV of the Salamence, and it got 4iv in Def, SpA, SpD, and Spe...

Which got me thinking, if I chain lots of Ditto, can I get 5iv or 6iv?

Oh yeah, False Swipe + Thief + Skill Swap + Subsitute and you're good to go. Too bad that it can't be obtained with the Island Radar. (Edit : Gallade doesn't have Synchronize, my bad.)
Else, you gave me the idea for another set :
Kadabra, Synchronize : Synchronize, .. , .. , ..
Smeargle : Ingrain, Minimize, Substitute, Baton Pass
Smeargle : Skill Swap, False Swipe, Ice Beam, Substitute (and a specific nature)

With this, you can get back Synchronize on Smeargle, be strong and bulky behind a Substitute, False Swipe a Pokémon to 1 HP (except Ghosts, else I would need another Baton Pass), kill allies with Ice Beam, and check for the HA using Skill Swap (using it twice to get back Synchronize on Smeargle).
You need a good amount of Leppa Berries to make this work, but they can be easily farmed.

However, I wonder if a Pokémon who copied Synchronize acts as a Synchronizer for allies. (Else it won't work) This needs to be tested.
So, start a battle, do Skill Swap, baton pass/switch to Smeargle, do Skill Swap again so that Smeargle now has Synchronize?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anywhere that shows all the new pokeymanz in the Pokemon-amie? Seemingly everything else is on the web so I want the cuteness.

PSA: The IV judge is breeding related. I had to breed (almost) a box of Pokémon and then he finally recognized me as worthy. This is the only thing that worked for me and other people are reporting the same.

I used this opportunity to breed a bunch of Synchronize Abra.
What is the breeding location like? Has anyone found an infinitely looping spot to hatch eggs, yet? Does obtaining eggs work the same as past gens? (Drive-by continously waiting for him to turn around)
And is breeding available early/mid game?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, I'm itching to get started on a vgc team and I want to start planning things out.

What is the breeding location like? Has anyone found an infinitely looping spot to hatch eggs, yet? Does obtaining eggs work the same as past gens? (Drive-by continously waiting for him to turn around)
And is breeding available early/mid game?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, I'm itching to get started on a vgc team and I want to start planning things out.
On a related note, I heard that Pokepelago allows you to incubate boxes of eggs. If this is true, what are the rates like? I'm not expecting it to be that quick considering how slow the EV function is, but I am curious.

EDIT: Also so that me replying to DistantGoat's post isn't completely pointless, I remember reading that the nursery is accessible quite early and has the usual 'straight route back and forth' right in front of it. I can't say for sure though since I don't have access to the game myself.

Guys, in the datamine thread under Pokédex entry leaks, does anyone know which list comes from Sun and which one comes from Moon?

Guys, sorry in advance...
I'm on my phone now and can't find earlier post about trainer's pose, could someone show it again?

Thanks in advance

The fact that it's a nursery rather than a daycare is actually good news for breeders. Now there's no risk in leaving an underleveled Pokémon there and having it forget crucial egg moves.
Oh shit really? That's great

I actually completely gave up on competitive breeding in XY because of a bad experience. After many excruciating hours of breeding and hatching I finally got the right combination of Abilities, IVs and Nature on a Pokemon, only to find that a crucial egg move was missing because the Daycare had overwritten it.

So this is wonderful news for me.

I've known about the Nursery deal for a little while now. Such a massive upgrade. So many times I've woken up tired, started breeding then taking something out only for it to forget its egg moves, wasting heart scales to relearn them. x-x

It is that rare...
I spent more than 30 minutes before I encounter my 1st 1% Bagon...

So I checked the IV of the Salamence, and it got 4iv in Def, SpA, SpD, and Spe...

Which got me thinking, if I chain lots of Ditto, can I get 5iv or 6iv?
Thanks, I encountered bagon after 15-20 minutes wandering and salamence spawn after I kill about 16 bagon. I've got a modest salamence! yippieee

I've known about the Nursery deal for a little while now. Such a massive upgrade. So many times I've woken up tired, started breeding then taking something out only for it to forget its egg moves, wasting heart scales to relearn them. x-x
I was hoping for a daycare mechanic that would let me lock in movesets for that exact reason. GF seems to have found an even simpler alternative, not leveling them up at all. Nobody used daycares for that anyway. A very welcome change!

Anybody know exactly how many boxes there are, for living dex purposes? Sorry if it's been answered, didn't see it in the opening posts of any threads nor on the first page of this one, and 65 pages of a still very active thread is a lot to scour through

I was hoping for a daycare mechanic that would let me lock in movesets for that exact reason. GF seems to have found an even simpler alternative, not leveling them up at all. Nobody used daycares for that anyway. A very welcome change!
I did. Was handy for levelling up Pokemon for evolving while getting their base forms... Still though, small loss for no risk of losing egg moves

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Unlocking the IV Judge:

Up until now, I couldn't figure it out. It's not finishing the post game, rebattling the E4 x amount of times, having a Battle Tree streak, or finishing the Alolan Dex.

Nelson Tangela gave away a good tip.

After checking periodically, I can confirm that the IV Judge is unlocked after hatching at least 20 eggs.

EDIT: Forgot about the Eevee Egg in the beginning of the game. Could be 21 (so at least 4 batches + another) but regardless, the code is cracked.

Last edited:
Just my personal opinion here, but I think the Ultra Beast designs are such a healthy addition to the games. Ignoring some of their crazy stats, and just going in by design alone. They breathe new life into a game mostly known for popular animal/object/mythology designs over weird humanoids/demons.

Hopefully with the idea of finding Pokemon from other dimensions (no story spoilers pls) they allow more of crazy/risky designs or a combination of favorite designs with "Ultra Beasts" in the future. Sure, we didn't get new Megas, but at this point I'll accept these guys as a great replacement for a while.

Just my personal opinion here, but I think the Ultra Beast designs are such a healthy addition to the games. Ignoring some of their crazy stats, and just going in by design alone. They breathe new life into a game mostly known for popular animal/object/mythology designs over weird humanoids/demons.

Hopefully with the idea of finding Pokemon from other dimensions (no story spoilers pls) they allow more of crazy/risky designs or a combination of favorite designs with "Ultra Beasts" in the future. Sure, we didn't get new Megas, but at this point I'll accept these guys as a great replacement for a while.
I love the concept of the Ultra Beasts and I think they executed the "otherworldly" look really well. My only concern is that if future games pull an ORAS and try to cram as many previous-Gen Pokemon in as possible, we might end up with Ultra Beasts showing up in a scenario that makes no sense from a story standpoint. ORAS was bad enough with Hoopa's rings showing up everywhere just to give us random Legendaries from previous games. Imagine Ultra Beasts dropping into the middle of a Unova remake with no explanation just for the sake of Dex completion.

I love the concept of the Ultra Beasts and I think they executed the "otherworldly" look really well. My only concern is that if future games pull an ORAS and try to cram as many previous-Gen Pokemon in as possible, we might end up with Ultra Beasts showing up in a scenario that makes no sense from a story standpoint. ORAS was bad enough with Hoopa's rings showing up everywhere just to give us random Legendaries from previous games. Imagine Ultra Beasts dropping into the middle of a Unova remake with no explanation just for the sake of Dex completion.
they already have a built in "dont need an explanation" thanks to the interpol plotline. They've got wormholes they can show up litearlly anywhere at any time if they want.

certainly less eregius than "Latios/Latias are just wandering an abandoned lab facility" and "there's actually a tower in johto that groudon/kyogre/rayquaza will hang out at" and the classic "the legendary birds are just roaming sinnoh now, don't ask why"

Actually, that one made sense. They are large, predatory birds, and Sinnoh is in range of Kanto
that are wandering at least 200 routes away from Kanto, their native home.

In universe there isn't a reason given. It's just oak going "hey you know those birds? they've been sighted in sinnoh"

Unlocking the IV Judge:

Up until now, I couldn't figure it out. It's not finishing the post game, rebattling the E4 x amount of times, having a Battle Tree streak, or finishing the Alolan Dex.

Nelson Tangela gave away a good tip.

After checking periodically, I can confirm that the IV Judge is unlocked after hatching at least 20 eggs.

EDIT: Forgot about the Eevee Egg in the beginning of the game. Could be 21 (so at least 4 batches + another) but regardless, the code is cracked.
Thank you for this info.. I've been lurking around to know how to awaken him, luckily I just got shiny alolan vulpix from breeding today so I got it unlocked. :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)