Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread.

Do you think there will be a sequel?

• Yes

Votes: 487 96.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that really makes that shot look fake to me is the card-like shape behind four of the five forms. A professional graphics designer would not repeat such a prominent element only 80% of the time. Given the similarly unprofessional white blur and text this is almost certainly somebody's effort to take an old advertisement, in which four card-shaped things already existed, and pass it off as Pokémon.

To me what makes it look fake is how uncreative it is. Those also dont look like there getting new types so essentially were getting deoxys's spread across 5 pokemon instead of 3 which would mean each being used for only one stat like one with only high spdef only. We probly wouldent get one with both good def stats if this is real but to me this looks faker than bigfoot.

I plan on ordering this game from Play-Asia since I like Japanese stuff, and hopefully I'll learn it some day when I'm not so fucking lazy, but is it worth me ordering this game from Play-Asia even though I don't know japanese?
The only reason im not ordering it just quite yet is because i want to know about the tutor moves first (mainly if there are any). Once that is cleared ill do my best to suffer through the foreign text lol. Im going to need to go buy a Japanese dictionary. Besides im sure that a lot of people on the forums will buy the Japanese version and perhaps we could all work together and help eachother out when we get stuck :D

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Interesting pictures pajama. Scan 5 seems to give a bit more momentum to the supposed "fake" Rotom theory:

Those eyes seem a little too familiar. Hmmm...

i think i just woke up my girlfriend laughing at the "rotom" in the bottom left.

i thought people were speculating the one in the middle to be a different weather version of castform?

If Castform got a Rock transformation that would certainly help its cause: if only its stats were a bit higher. I hope one of them IS a Castform transformation...but the others I suspect will be the rumoured Rotom transforms, or maybe transforms for another Pokemon...*spooky finger waving*

If there are new moves (move tutor or other changes) along with the transformations in Platinum, how long after they are confirmed before we will be comfortable adding them to Shoddy? Will we need a "D/P only" and "Platinum included!" option/tab?

btw, I will have my copy on launch day! Anyone got a translation guide for the move names and whatnot? I know I'll have to wait for guides to the story, but there are plenty of other in game things that should have already been translated.

If there are new moves (move tutor or other changes) along with the transformations in Platinum, how long after they are confirmed before we will be comfortable adding them to Shoddy? Will we need a "D/P only" and "Platinum included!" option/tab?

btw, I will have my copy on launch day! Anyone got a translation guide for the move names and whatnot? I know I'll have to wait for guides to the story, but there are plenty of other in game things that should have already been translated.
Sorry, I don't. But maybe an R4 or N5 would help. Cheats (not having to do certain things you can't read) are really helpful. It also helps you get items.

I wonder what new moves will be availible via move tutors - if there are any in Platinum - and what conditions, also. Elemental Punches and Fangs will probably make an appearance...but what else? A simple rehash of Emerald's moves would be helpful for those who don't have a copy...but only to a certain extent.

A dutch forum has some pictures of the new corocoro scans (as far as I can tell they're real)

http://www.pokemeadowforums.nl/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=315
The links in the first post lead to the scans.
The first four are real; the last one is fake. It has the same page number as the previous page; someone just put the eyes on top of it. If for some reason the eyes don't give away (I mean, look at the lower left one...) it being fake, that bit of carelessness should.

Yeah that googly-eyed one in the bottom left does look like it could be a fake, some move tutors in Platinum would be nice and that would probably defeat the whole purpose of Emerald.

You people shouldn't be counting your eggs before their hatched. With all the jynxing your doing, were not going to have any move tutors by the time it comes out. :X

You people shouldn't be counting your eggs before their hatched. With all the jynxing your doing, were not going to have any move tutors by the time it comes out. :X
We live on the wild side of life. We tempt fate.

As long as Platinum is as simple to finish as Diamond...

Softboiled would be nice, especially if Cresselia/pixies are able to learn it or maybe a Recover tutor. Maybe this way Weezing or something bulky with no reliable 50% recovery move can be more effective assuming that it'd be able to learn it of course.

As long as there are equal boosts for attackers to help stop the onset of stall teams with reliable recovery moves for those Pokes, I wouldn't mind. Just hope no-one recommends Cressy for Uber if it gets Softboiled/Recover...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)