Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread.

Do you think there will be a sequel?

• Yes

Votes: 487 96.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering about the regi's locations. Where would they be in sinnoh?

Since battle island is already getting remodeled. I think it would only be fitting that it goes in fight area.

Regice - will be somewhere near resort area. Ice = beautiful, as seen in contests.

Registeel - Survival Area, "Survival" since it can take hits from both ends of the spectrum, not to mention you need to get to SA inorder to get heatran, a fellow steel type.

Regirock-Fight Area. The only remaining area in the island.

I think there will be some type of "Ruins" where you have to activate the caves by having certain pokemon/moves (dig/wailord/relicanth in 3rd gen), and then the caves will errupt. Regice will probably be in the lake, in resort area. Where there are golduck. Registeel's cave will appear in stark mountain, a crack in the wall of somesort. And regirock will have his own unknown cave in the BF like smeargle did.

But they are also renovating sinnoh, to a lesser extent. Regice would definatley be somewhere near snowpoint temple or somewhere along that road. Registeel would have to be at mt.coronet, since steel types evolve throught here (magnezone/Probopass). But then again, regirock could also inhabit it too. Maybe they both live in it but at different parts. Mt. Coronet is a big mountain, as long as sinnoh length wise.

What do you think :D:toast::nerd:

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
They also could be all in Snowpoint Temple. Regirock in the first (underground?) level, Regice in the second and Registeel in the third. It seems Regigigas won't be catchable in this game (which is noted by the Movie Regigigas distribution), so the Regis living in the Temple isn't a weird idea, IMO.

They also could be all in Snowpoint Temple. Regirock in the first (underground?) level, Regice in the second and Registeel in the third. It seems Regigigas won't be catchable in this game (which is noted by the Movie Regigigas distribution), so the Regis living in the Temple isn't a weird idea, IMO.
Now that I think of it, regi would be useless to be in the game. Maybe when you go to the statue or regigigas with a movie-gigas, it makes some type of cutscene, and releases several passage ways to get the regis.Or the rock shatters, and the 3 regi's were in the regigigas statue, and then they run off to points in the temple or sinnoh/fightarea.

24 days to go?

Mario With Lasers

Now that I think of it, regi would be useless to be in the game. Maybe when you go to the statue or regigigas with a movie-gigas, it makes some type of cutscene, and releases several passage ways to get the regis.Or the rock shatters, and the 3 regi's were in the regigigas statue, and then they run off to points in the temple or sinnoh/fightarea.

24 days to go?
LOL NO XD

But now I don't know, those statues could be either in Snowpoint Temple or in random caves over Sinnoh... Well, now I think Snowpoint Temple will be just to open the passages for the Regis' caves. In RSE, you needed Relicanth and Wailord, now you just need Regifail. Fair enough.

By the way, there was a video whose link I've lost (-__-) that showed Regirock's room. You know the statue in the first floor of the Snowpoint Temple? That was the statue the trainer talked to. Once he did so, the statue just cried as Regirock and the battle started. Just an interesting fact.

The Regis would probably have their own ruins like in the advance. If Regigigas isn't obtainable in Platinum without trading. Then Regice would be in the temple, or they could make the "temple" different/smaller..etc.

I didn't literally mean running off as moving legs or running legends like cress. I meant it as moving places >.>

By the way, MwL, I don't think that it talked to a statue, and then battled regirock considering regirock has its own room like shown in serebii pics. Unless you mean in regi's tomb, there was a rock, and you were referring to that.

And to make it clearer, it IS IMPOSIBLE for the regi's to be "running legends." Because of the rooms of 2 regi's being confirmed.

Mario With Lasers

I didn't literally mean running off as moving legs or running legends like cress. I meant it as moving places >.>

By the way, MwL, I don't think that it talked to a statue, and then battled regirock considering regirock has its own room like shown in serebii pics. Unless you mean in regi's tomb, there was a rock, and you were referring to that.

And to make it clearer, it IS IMPOSIBLE for the regi's to be "running legends." Because of the rooms of 2 regi's being confirmed.
Actually, three. We had Registeel and Regice's rooms in CoroCoro, and I saw Regirock's room in the trailer. There was a statue in the room, and you had to talk to it to battle the Regi.

Actually, three. We had Registeel and Regice's rooms in CoroCoro, and I saw Regirock's room in the trailer. There was a statue in the room, and you had to talk to it to battle the Regi.
I payed close attention to registeel/ice's room, they have long statues. Do you mean those statues?

Mario With Lasers

Yeah, they are the Regis, or so it seems. I find it funny that they aren't exactly like the Regis... except for the big head with the dotted face, which remind me of Regigigas, I don't see why they preferred to use those statues instead of real overworld sprites.

It could happen. I could easily see it having a new form or way of getting Giratina, and the gyms might be different, and they might actually make it something more than just "xxx used move! the foe's xxx fainted! player wins!" or do SOMETHING that will make it feel like nothing we've seen yet.

Erm, what exactly are you talking about? I can't tell if you are trying to be funny or if you really didn't read anything in the 53 pages of this thread. There is a new game coming out, there is a new form of Giratina and a new way to capture it, and the gyms are different.
I don't think he was impling weither or not there would be a new game, and he said that in battles it would be different. But I think the battles are perfectly fine.

I plan on ordering this game from Play-Asia since I like Japanese stuff, and hopefully I'll learn it some day when I'm not so fucking lazy, but is it worth me ordering this game from Play-Asia even though I don't know japanese?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
All the speculation on those floaty things make me wish I had better photoshop skills so that I could post up an official looking bunch of Magikarp in different shapes.

I plan on ordering this game from Play-Asia since I like Japanese stuff, and hopefully I'll learn it some day when I'm not so fucking lazy, but is it worth me ordering this game from Play-Asia even though I don't know japanese?
I thought the same. When I played through the diamond in japanese, I was pleased.Many people are ordering it even though they don't know japanese.

Hopefully i'll have an R4 by the time it's released so i don't have to wait :\

And i just wish they'd let us know whether we get move tutors or not (*cough*punches*cough*)

I'm just interested in these Rotoms. I wonder if they'll all end up in UU again. But then, its great typing + ability probably would allow its Defensive form to last a while..

The text doesn't look like anything corocoro would print at all. Look at that hideous background! You can barely read anything! The art looks plausible at best, but the rest of the "scan" looks absurd.

Also, the Japanese looks like it was run through a translator... it's nonsense. The TINY, nearly unreadable and aesthetically poorly-placed text that reads "Rotom" is ridiculous.

The white blobs are amateurish.

If this is real, I'll eat my hat.

Personally I don't see how rotom can even have 6 different forms with the same typing (they all look electric/ghost to me...) and presumably the same base stat total. The white stuff in back of the forms did it for me, looks like a load of bull, and thanks for the other insight aninymouse heh

Personally I don't see how rotom can even have 6 different forms with the same typing (they all look electric/ghost to me...) and presumably the same base stat total. The white stuff in back of the forms did it for me, looks like a load of bull, and thanks for the other insight aninymouse heh
agreed, thats an awful lot of variation.

Not to mention the video claimed to have gotten it from a magazine weeks in advance, and removing it in less than 12 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)