Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't find anything on it but from what I've read am I to assume that online battling this gen will only allow you to use one mega evolution?

Been seeing the term 'mega slot' thrown around a lot lately and just wanted to confirm what it meant.

If you feel like watching this (
), it goes through the Mega Evolution basics through testing stuff out.

Short answer is yes, you can only have 1 mega evolution in a battle.

I have a breeding question. I finally managed to capture an Abra with Magic guard. It is male. I also have a male timid Abra. Would the best method be to breed until I have a female Abra with Magic Guard and then breed that female with the Timid one equipping the male one with an Everstone to archive a Timid Abra with magic guard?

where is this IV checker guy? Pre or Post E4? I'm just about to get into the E4 and right after I'm going to start on breeding, so I'm making a check list =P.
He's in the Pokemon Center in the post E4 town, Chiloude or something like that.

Couldn't find anything on it but from what I've read am I to assume that online battling this gen will only allow you to use one mega evolution?

Been seeing the term 'mega slot' thrown around a lot lately and just wanted to confirm what it meant.
Yup, only one. It's not just an online limit, it's enforced in single player too. 1 Mega transformation per battle.

Imposter Ditto + nonDW pokemon has been reported (somewhere in the forums) to not pass down the "hidden ability marker" to the baby

Have you guys discovered a way of teaching the shard Tutor moves in this game?

Low kick, Superpower, Ice Punch, etc.
I'd like to know this too. I assume no though, as it's been almost a week already, so we'd likely know by now if there were. Also, GameFreak always does it this way. They save the proper move tutors until the 2nd release, so we'll get them likely in Pokemon Z (featuring Zygarde on the cover).

Do we know much about the move Electrify, like if it gets priority or what Pokemon use it? I'm thinking it might be useful on a Pokemon with something like Volt Absorb or Motor Drive could take advantage of turning their opponents move into a free boost/Heal Pulse.

Does anybody know if Xerneas's move pool is more focused on Physical attacking or Special attacking? I am planning to obtain it with a Jolly or Timid nature. this is of course for future VGC events, but because you cant progress till you catch the blasted thing.... (I tried.)

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Does anybody know if Xerneas's move pool is more focused on Physical attacking or Special attacking? I am planning to obtain it with a Jolly or Timid nature. this is of course for future VGC events, but because you cant progress till you catch the blasted thing.... (I tried.)
The rules aren't out yet, but I will bet you money that Xerneas will not be legal in VGC play.

That being said, Xerneas is a special sweeper.

From user Avarice29

Hi guys... I was doing my first run thru pokemon x and I managed to find my first ever shiny.. a female haunter with hasty as its nature...
I managed to evolve it into a gangar with the help of a friend..then evolved it into a mega gengar.. its a really cool color and Iid really like to add a modest or timid mega gengar to my team.
How should I go about getting a desired nature shiny ghastly?

When using Transform/Imposter, do the stats on the summary screen show up as that of the Pokemon you transformed into?

This could make SRing for legends and wild pokemon a lot faster by simply checking a transformed Ditto's stats.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Everything is unbanned presumably (besides the 'obvious' ubers like Arceus and co.) and then the broken stuff is subsequently banned in a series of suspect tests. That's what happened in gen V and presumably what will happen again.

I have a breeding question. I finally managed to capture an Abra with Magic guard. It is male. I also have a male timid Abra. Would the best method be to breed until I have a female Abra with Magic Guard and then breed that female with the Timid one equipping the male one with an Everstone to archive a Timid Abra with magic guard?
Males can pass the hidden ability now, so breed any Abra until you get a female Abra with the father trair and then breed with her and the other Abra.

Xerneas has a mixes moveset. But i think is better as a special sweeper. You can see its moveset in the research forum.

Where's the best place to get Synchronizers? Catching Ralts is a huge pain, only 1 or 2 appear in a span of 10 minutes. Thanks!
Catch a Ralts. Breed it a lot of times.

Rumors say that due to a programming error all wild unbreedable pokes include babies like riolu and azurill now have 3v ivs, which was originally only intended for legendaries.
Is this comfirmed? So I have just got a jolly frogadier from safari, and I just need to evolve a wild azurill, slap a destiny knot on that and wait for 5v?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Rumors say that due to a programming error all wild unbreedable pokes include babies like riolu and azurill now have 3v ivs, which was originally only intended for legendaries.
Is this comfirmed? So I have just got a jolly frogadier from safari, and I just need to evolve a wild azurill, slap a destiny knot on that and wait for 5v?
This is holding true from the stuff the OI guys are finding from catching mons... Nidorina I found had 3 perfect IV's and I have heard Mime Jnrs having the same thing.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Given Mega Blastoise's ability, Mega Launcher, how does Water Pulse's power compare to surf?
It has equal power (90), making it the superior choice for mega blastoise due to its effect. However, a doubles blastoise may prefer surf for spread moves. It's equal power in-game, at any rate.

So someone on irc told me if I breed two wobbuffets with encore, baby wobbuffet will have encore too. Has this ever been true, as it hasn't worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)