OMPL V: Discussion Thread

3d

Prada shoes cuz she prada me
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
friendly reminder that eevee general is a snake

Reactions: dom
Chloe-Today at 5:14 AM
jolteon is trash
dbw-Today at 5:17 AM
you wont say that when we clip your wings
Chloe-Today at 5:18 AM
im a sword
dbw-Today at 5:18 AM
ill electricute your shaft then
GL Volkner-Today at 5:26 AM
dbw - Today at 10:18 PM ill electricute your shaft then
DBW what the fuck

dbw - Today at 5:26 AM
did i spell electricute wrong?
whats up?

Chloe - Today at 5:26 AM
lol
GL Volkner - Today at 5:29 AM
chloe gets it
dbw - Today at 5:30 AM
no i mean i get it, i just dont see the issue
ill draw it up for you

Chloe - Today at 5:36 AM
O_O

Mono: I guess it would have to be, because there aren't any other options,
[21:11:15] @ Pikachuun: .nom scarfwynaut
[21:11:15] *Scrappie: Player not recognized. Usage: ``.auction nominate PLAYERNAME``.
Are you not aware of my placing 3rd in what could possibly be the most prestigious Monotype tournament the world has ever seen? Beating top Monotype players such as xXHOTCOFFEEXx, dannydeth, Stunfisk_The_Great, Beauty_Catherine, Blake Courser and czimmermann, in the strongest Winner's bracket run in MOTA history, only to be swiftly eliminated in winner's final and loser's finals (who was using Electric vs my Water?? Really???CTEAM??) really, i should just play for the jolteons myself instead of buying other players

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
While we all agree that the Aegiblades got the best draft by far, it's important to realise that unlike the Aegiblades, other teams have gaping flaws that must be addressed.

Untitled Unfezants - The Unfezants started strong by drafting two of the best players in the auction Thimo and Jordn followed by an extremely competent BH pick in jasprose. However, other than their solid Monotype drafts the remainder of the team looks quite inexperienced. aesf has barely played Pokémon this generation, wishes hasn't played any of these metagames extensively and Bondie, Ubers isn't in OMPL. While these flaws do exist, they have a solid starter in each slot bar Mix and Mega which looks like they'll just slot Jeran in. If aesf manages to play his games and Jeran doesn't lose his temper at opponents too often then I can see the Unfezants doing very well and even coming second.

Five-Star Jolteons - While Ransei wasted 3k kinda early in on the draft, his team does look quite solid. Two of the best Sketchmons picks, one of the best BH picks, one of the best AG picks and a solid Mix and Mega player. The remainder of the team is somewhat underwhelming. They lack an AAA main so will probably slot racool or Fissure into it. terrors is their Monotype pick but I don't know much about that metagame so I'll just assume he's solid? I don't know why DBW was bought, or why Glyx was bought over an AAA main but overall a substantial draft from Ransei, just like last year.

Bedroom Blisseys - TI went straight for a 19k splurge on Flint, a 14k expenditure on Fardin and another two large investments in Laxpras and Lycan. TI's draft looked incredibly solid until the second half. He purchased a Mix and Mega player with shockingly limited experience, and definitely not up to par with the other Mix and Mega picks. Whereas in his Sketchmons slot he went for Leru, someone I can conclude has had very limited experience in any OM. draegn as a replacement BH player is nice but The Ruins of Alpha/Drampa's Grandpa hasn't expertise in any of these metagames. Not to mention that Laxpras is currently M.I.A and probably won't be here for the first few weeks. The AG/BH/Mono slots will have to carry for the remainder of their team members. My thoughts for the Blisseys are simplified in this minor exchange:
[20:04:27] #Chloe: what does drampa's grandpa not play
[20:05:18] ScorrchingTheaph: pokemon
King Kois - The Kois definitely have some good team members in PurpleGatorade and rozes; however, the rest of the team looks weak. They can't have GL Volkner playing two slots so Chazm will have to play Mix and Mega. Sabella for Monotype, I don't know how good they are but apparently they're the goat so idk. darksylvion in Sketch I suppose. jrm is an average BH pick, and the only notable reserves are Yuga and fsk. Shiba hasn't played AAA since last gen, soulgazer the OM main, ihhca for the seventh STABmons slot, HNBL as a subpar monotype player and Roseybear, which I honestly didn't know played OMs but I guess when enough tournaments in the tournaments room appear you're bound to join some and beat all the COPPA-illegal users that join that room like parivard, submit replays and screenshots to the gullible Eevee General and get drafted (sry rosey =[ u seem cool dont hate me).

Optimistic Mimikyus - Okay let me start by saying I still can't get over how poorly Pikachuun drafted this auction. Not to say that the team is bad, there are definitely some solid picks, but for the most part it feels rushed, not cared for and quite meh. To say that this team will do well is very optimistic to say the least. When Pikachuun drafted GmU I knew it was all over but then he spent 9.5k on an average AG player and then kept all his credits until late in the auction. Started dishing out 3k on everyone he could think of. The only player on the team that cost over 10k was motherlove (expectedly). Other than motherlove, Funbot, Donno, Clearly and maybe Lax, this team was very poorly drafted. Which ORAS player are they going to put in BH, the easily counter-teamable anna says hi (hi i bring stall every match), or the esteemed aki0s? Alternatively if they put motherlove in BH, which is an option, they lack a solid way to fit their Sketchmons slot as Funbot will move to AAA and Zephyr will move to M&M, unless they put Lax/Bluxio? (again, why did you draft Bluxio) in AAA and don't move anyone or alternatively put the guy that just came back a week ago - Dr. Phd. BJ in Sketchmons and pray that his opponents don't know how to play the metagame. Illusio the 4k pick that went up in price from 3k, even though he hasn't played Pokémon since last auction. yoman5 returned a week ago, sin(pi) is an inverse player which has never been in an OMPL as far as I know. This might seem like a massive attack on Chuun, and I recognise the fact that he had something going on at that time (hence the requirement to have Klang there just in case) but seriously you had two weeks to research who played Pokémon and you didn't even take that opportunity.

So I meant to post this earlier, but here is my power rankings for ompl. Just my opinion, and I havent been overly serious with this, so I would appreciate it if I didnt get an onslaught of angry comments, ive had a shit past week already without them. Anyways.....

1. Untitled Unfeazants
DEG and Bondie really shut down the haters with this draft, quite simply its incredible. Thimo and Jordan are like the 2 best picks and theyve got both of them. Jasp is BH open winner, and a very solid bh player, aesf is fucking incredible at aaa, and apparently Vid is a very good mono player to top it all off. Jeran is being kinda brushed over, but he did win mnm open and make playoffs, so for 7k that seems like a steal tbh. If they play their strongest team, I cant see any team matching them. Idrk any of their subs tho, so presumably theyr banking on no activity issues.
2. Accelerating Aegiblades
2. 5-Star Jolteons
So, time to analyse my own team. Honestly, a pretty mixed draft, but the end product is quite a solid looking team. Hunter for 8k is ridiculous, as he is like top 2-3 AG and AG open winner, so yeah that was an incredible buy. Terrors for 7k is also fantastic. Top tier mono, and also an omgs playoffs qualifier, great drafting from ransei in this regard. IT11 for 8k is a solid purchase, and although I have no clue bout bh, apparently moro is like the second best bh player in ompl, so yeah thats probs a really good pick as well. So now for the downsides, aka the sketch/aaa balance. In all honesty, this just makes no sense to me. Im very flattered that you nommed me first, and spent 13k on me, but I really am not worth that, especially when you buy OF afterwards. We might have 2 of the top 3-4 sketch players (i think there are only like 5 sketch players in total tho lol) but what we lack is an aaa main. I hope I can prove you right that I am not shit at aaa, but my hopes are not high in this regard. As for subs, well this is rather mixed. Pepa was a terrible buy imo, way too early in the auction to waste 3k on a sub player who will in all likelihood probably never play (maybe one honorary match of pepa vs gmu but thats it). Salvation, aka f6tornado is apparently a great AG player according to a few reliable sources, so that seems like a great purchase. Idk DBW, and glyx is solid in general, but when you think that we coulda had illama, who incidentally beat klang in aaa open, you feel as though subs coulda gone a bit better. Overall tho, a solid team, and hopefully they can carry me to ompl victory! (apologies in advance when i get fucked by either jrdn or aesf week 1)
3. Bedroom Blisseys
An unbelievably strong start to the draft from TI, although I must echo chloe's sentiment that the auction kinda fizzled off in the later stages for TI, resulting in some very questionable choices. Flint, laxpras (if he can play), fardin, and lycan are all top top tier picks, with a great tier spread. Mark k however is where things started going a bit wrong, as honestly there were about 10 better mnm picks available. idk draegn, and I never knew leru played oms so I wont comment on those 2. Newly room-voiced the ruins of Alpha is a nice user, very friendly, but I have no idea what tier he will be playing on this team. Presumably sketchmons, in which case I think he might struggle in ompl, as he will be competing against mard, jrdn, OF/me, and geerat, however he might be able to get a win vs dr. phd. Bj if they play each other.
4. King Kois
A solid looking draft on paper tbh. Rozes, Purple, VD, geerat, yuga, and ihhca are all very good om players in general. Apparently sabella is incredible as well but idk. Shiba, soulgazer, and Roseybear arent that experienced in oms from my knowledge, but its a bo1 tour and theyr good mons players so anything can happen. The only reason I am rating kois so lowly is because they dont have as many reputable om players as the teams above, but I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if kois won the whole thing.
5. Optimistic Mimikyus
So yeah this looks interesting. I honestly hate being mean to anyone, so im just gonna leave it at "chuun's draft is definitely the most unique one." In fairness, motherlove, funbot, and donnothefirst are all great players. Lax is really good, but ive heard that activity will be a serious issue with him. Perhaps it woulda been more fruitful to go maybe more for bigger purchases than just loads of 3k ones, as only 6 people play per week.
6. Accelerating Aegiblades
Snakes

So yeah I hope you found these either amusing, or entertaining, and if not I do apologise, im just tryna pass the time before it all starts :p
Also, stay tuned for my week 1 predictions ;P

People that call people they don't know or haven't seen bad or subpar sounds so arrogant. If anything the people that are drafted that are not considering 'top players' (myself included) should be shown at least the tiniest shred of respect by being called unproven its not like you've studied every battle/tour they have played and know they have 0 potential.

People that call people they don't know or haven't seen bad or subpar sounds so arrogant. If anything the people that are drafted that are not considering 'top players' (myself included) should be shown at least the tiniest shred of respect by being called unproven its not like you've studied every battle/tour they have played and know they have 0 potential.
I think everyone is getting shit talked tbh. I doubt anyone actually thinks you're bad, don't worry.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
I don't know if it is just me but it really sounds like you are complaining about this
upload_2017-7-5_13-31-22.png

and of course you shouldnt be

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)