OMPL V: Discussion Thread

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I think everyone is getting shit talked tbh. I doubt anyone actually thinks you're bad, don't worry.
I wish I can confirm this, but a ton of people are judging my team and the Mimikyu's team literally on just 1-2 users. Especially when they got at least half of their team filled with highly solid players who can shine at any given moment. What if people like gmu actually go undefeated after playing at least twice? It's probable, especially since not all of Pokemon is based on the skill level of players.

I think everyone is getting shit talked tbh. I doubt anyone actually thinks you're bad, don't worry.
I get that banter is all fun and stuff, I'm just referring to the comments on posts and on PS that are peoples actual opinions.

PS. It also wasn't about me it was just about the elitist mindset people get when they are popular/successful

I get that banter is all fun and stuff, I'm just referring to the comments on posts and on PS that are peoples actual opinions.

PS. It also wasn't about me it was just about the elitist mindset people get when they are popular/successful
If you think they're wrong prove em wrong

I wish I can confirm this, but a ton of people are judging my team and the Mimikyu's team literally on just 1-2 users. Especially when they got at least half of their team filled with highly solid players who can shine at any given moment. What if people like gmu actually go undefeated after playing at least twice? It's probable, especially since not all of Pokemon is based on the skill level of players.
[21:48:45] %Peef Rimgar: chuun are you throwing
[21:48:50] Pikachuun: yes

Very different critisism of their team

dw in the near future u will rekt these scrubs

I hate normally gettin into these kinda arguments, but I thought I might just say this once. I agree it's a bit harsh for people to be brushing over inexperienced/unproven people and classing them as a bad draft pick, but tbh instead of getting mad at this, just prove urself in the tour! Ur manager has backed you to the point of drafting you, so embrace it and prove they were right to draft you! All it takes is 1-2 good wins and people's opinions will change very quickly, I speak from experience trust me. Actions speak louder than words!!

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok to avoid being harsh and hurting anyone's feelings I'm gonna make really bad predictions in favor of for the person I've never heard of instead of the dude who performed well in the Open, or the team comprised of GS finalists rather than the one with Pepa or GMU. Seriously this is a non-issue, if you're getting predicted against or rated lower there's a reason for that but it has absolutely nothing to do with how you're actually going to perform, that's entirely down to you. The posts complaining about this have been ridiculous, stop martyring yourselves.

Getting predicted is part of the social competition.
Playing one match in two weeks with luck elements involved does not allow serious predictions.

Take morogrim f.e, he was my favorite, but he lost.
I still cant remember the winners name.

Personally i always read and call him "monogrim".
I can build more positive imagines with the word "mono", compared to mor... , on, tal

Getting predicted is part of the social competition.
Playing one match in two weeks with luck elements involved does not allow serious predictions.

Take morogrim f.e, he was my favorite, but he lost.
I still cant remember the winners name.

Personally i always read and call him "monogrim".
I can build more positive imagines with the word "mono", compared to mor... , on, tal
Ultimate respect

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Well, what the fuck has this thread turned to, it used to have memes and shit.( I guess still does) ;_;

So now that Week One has been completed, let's take a look at some stats! All stats collected can be found [here]!

So comparing this first week we get...
  1. Accelerating Aegiblades [4] - King Kois [2]
  2. Bedroom Blisseys [4] - Optimistic Mimikyus [2]
  3. Five-Star Jolteons [3] - Untitled Unfezants [3]
Or if we order them by wins, it's AA = BB > FSJ = UU > KK = OM. Take of this what you will, but this seems to align fairly well with the power rankings that have been posted here! Crazy how that works huh.

Individually, the most used Pokemon in each metagame were...
  • Almost Any Ability: Buzzwole [5 / 6, or 83.3% usage]
  • Anything Goes: Arceus [11 / 6, or 183.3% usage]
  • Balanced Hackmons: Chansey and Groudon [4 / 6, or 66.6% usage]
  • Mix and Mega: Marshadow [4 / 6, or 66.6% usage]
  • Monotype: Magearna [3 / 6, or 50.0% usage]
  • Sketchmons: Tapu Fini [3 / 6, or 50.0% usage]
Another common theme in Monotype was the use of Psychic teams, with each match except the double Fairy mirror match having them! The Fairy team was odd in that they faced each other, but as it goes.

What do you guys think? What surprised you the most? Any weird usage stats that surprise you?

Last edited:

Fardin

Tournament Banned
So now that Week One has been completed, let's take a look at some stats! All stats collected can be found [here]!

So comparing this first week we get...
  1. Accelerating Aegiblades [4] - King Kois [2]
  2. Bedroom Blisseys [4] - Optimistic Mimikyus [2]
  3. Five-Star Jolteons [3] - Untitled Unfezants [3]
Or if we order them by wins, it's AA = BB > FSJ = UU > KK = OM. Take of this what you will, but this seems to align fairly well with the power rankings that have been posted here! Crazy how that works huh.

Individually, the most used Pokemon in each metagame were...
  • Almost Any Ability: Buzzwole [5 / 6, or 83.3% usage]
  • Anything Goes: Arceus [11 / 6, or 183.3% usage]
  • Balanced Hackmons: Chansey and Groudon [4 / 6, or 66.6% usage]
  • Mix and Mega: Marshadow [4 / 6, or 66.6% usage]
  • Monotype: Magearna [3 / 6, or 50.0% usage]
  • Sketchmons: Tapu Fini [3 / 6, or 50.0% usage]
Another common theme in Monotype was the use of Psychic teams, with each match except the double Fairy mirror match having them! The Fairy team was odd in that they faced each other, but as it goes.

What do you guys think? What surprised you the most? Any weird usage stats that surprise you?
All of those mons excel in their meta, so the usage stats isnt that suprising to me tbh

Slightly surprised that Mega Ray wasn't featured on more balanced hackmons teams because you can basically run ANYTHING offensive on it.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Slightly surprised that Mega Ray wasn't featured on more balanced hackmons teams because you can basically run ANYTHING offensive on it.
Because Primal Groudon has very spammable STAB V-create and Chansey does something more worthwhile than Mega Ray over the entire match.

Triage is screwed by Imposter once the sub is broken, Aerilate set is walled by common-steel types without carrying random V-create or Precipice Blades, and physical set is outclassed by pdon in every way.

Meanwhile Pdon can just kill anything with Tinted + Band except fur coat and fur coat user is crippled by Trick unless they carry z-crystal.

Because Primal Groudon has very spammable STAB V-create and Chansey does something more worthwhile than Mega Ray over the entire match.

Triage is screwed by Imposter once the sub is broken, Aerilate set is walled by common-steel types without carrying random V-create or Precipice Blades, and physical set is outclassed by pdon in every way.

Meanwhile Pdon can just kill anything with Tinted + Band except fur coat and fur coat user is crippled by Trick unless they carry z-crystal.
or something like tina griseous, which boosts core/spectral damage through the match anyway and lets you slap darkinium z or w/e on w/e

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)