Official NBA 2011-12 Season Thread

well even if lebron has a poop fourth quarter you can't say it's his fault that they lost -_-

also the pushups that the celtics are doing is just as much of a delay of game as lebron throwing the ball out of frustration with hisself :l

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Not much they can do, not just because Miami can't miss. More because they just can't hit. They have carved up the Heat defense with ball movement the whole game and missing wide open shots and point blank layups.

Ehhhhhhh.....

Not a good sign for the Celtics. LeBron is playing like he's on a mission, and he kind of is with all those championships he promised. When someone is playing lke he is today,it's no wonder the life seems to be drained from the Celtics.

Guess we'll have to get um on Saturday...

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Celtics will win Game 7 and Lebron James will be criticized for not showing up as strong as he did today. Calling it now.

Girl 1: oooooo gurl, did u see dat last episode of the LBJ show?

Girl 2: yeh gurl, dat man was amazing. the way he did......

ok ok imma stop :/

Funny enough, Miami didn't really get the mentality they needed to win this game, as a unit. LBJ did, though....sorta: instead of "coming together", he put the team on his back and carried them through game 6. Not the best way to handle the situation, but it typically works if you're a superstar of LeBron's caliber. Miami literally didn't have to do much of anything.

Pretty boring game, honestly. Not so much because Boston lost, but because I'm just not a big fan of "one man shows" in a supposedly team sport. So I'd say the same thing if Boston won the same way Miami did tonight. Boston played absolutely terrible though and could not execute for the life of them.

If nothing else, my prediction from the beginning of Boston Celtics in 7 just might come true. We'll find out Saturday.

I guess the NBA doesn't care if the Finals doesn't showcase sound fundamentals.
go watch euroleague. Don't get me wrong, I'm for basics and fundamentals when teaching kids some basketball, but these guys are NBA players.

Basically, Celtics are done with their fairy tale show.

Of course you "gotta" favor them, home teams win this situation at least 70% of the time.
I did some digging. The team who wins game 6 of the conference finals is 4-9 in game 7 in the past 20 years. Of course, the home team is 10-3 in that time, with one of the road teams' wins being the screwed up Sacramento LA series in '02

I did some digging. The team who wins game 6 of the conference finals is 4-9 in game 7 in the past 20 years. Of course, the home team is 10-3 in that time, with one of the road teams' wins being the screwed up Sacramento LA series in '02

I am not interested in just looking at conference finals, that is too closeminded. I decided excluding round 1 would be about enough to weed out the ludicrous series, since most round 2 series that are still jokes end in sweeps or close to it, so I look at all of round 2-4.

In general, to suggest that winning is bad is ludicrous, particularly on the road like the Heat just did.

non-playoffs, all teams all the time since 1994-1995:
off of away win and now at home: 65% win
off of away loss and now at home: 56% win

playoffs, all teams only since 2002-2003 :(
off of away win and now at home: 67% winner
off of away loss and now at home: 65% winner

(after round 1, 66% and 63%, same order as usual)

your statistic is a coincidence :|

I think that is because the team who wins game 6 is generally the team who is at home in game 6 and thus on the road in game 7 (and also the weaker team by seed).

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Situational Winning Percentage is only significant if it drastically skews one way or another from the base case. For example, compare the percentages you got from the stats you pulled, to the general stat of Home Winning Percentage, effectively taking off the situational bias? If it's sitting somewhere in the middle, then it begs the question of whether this stat tells us anything truly meaningful.

Also, out of curiosity, what is the winning percentage of a team who just lost at home and is now away? Is it directly opposite of the stat you just posted?

Well it's not like any other team could come in and win that game...

edit: hey ck, where did you go to find those stats? I'm assuming you compiled them yourself from some stat dump, but I'm just wondering - sometimes I like to do the same myself!

The odds of LeBron winning a game after listening to "In the Air Tonight" are pretty high I hear. You better hope he doesn't listen to it or or the Heat easily got this!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)