np: UU - The Brave and the Bold (Nominations) (TOO LATE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright! It's time for the Bold Vote for the BL suspects. Just a few rules for this thread, which will be open for 7 days.

1. You can nominate as many suspects as possible, with good reasoning. Please Bold the Pokemon you nominate as suspects.
  2. While we will not be imposing a limitation on the number of suspects you choose to nominate, we ask you to keep it to a reasonable number of nominations to your post.
  3. Use your own reasoning and not something like "DP Crobat cause RB Golbat has good reasoning"
  4. You can't nominate against a Pokemon.
  5. If you want to Nominate Abomasnow and Snover both, make sure you mention this.
  6. Do not reply to other people's posts in this topic.
  7. Depending on the quality of your arguments, your vote might not be counted. To see past examples of what votes met criteria, please read posts 14, 17, and 25 of this topic.
  8. Only one post. Edit all your suspects into 1 post.
  9. Any posts that aren't nominating suspects will be deleted.
  10. If you have any questions, PM Caelum or me.
  11. Votes will not be counted until after this thread is closed.
  12. While any and all users are open to nominations we ask for the sake of the integrity of the process that these votes be based on adequate experience and testing. We will not be investigating individual ratings, but we hope you will only submit a nomination if you have consistently played throughout the testing period.

Remember to use the following criteria when voting Pokemon as suspect/BL.

Offensive Characteristic

A Pokémon is BL if, in common battle conditions, it is capable of sweeping through a significant portion of teams in the metagame with little effort.

Defensive Characteristic
A Pokémon is BL if, in common battle conditions, it is able to wall and stall out a significant portion of the metagame.

Support Characteristic
A Pokémon is BL if, in common battle conditions, it can consistently set up a situation in which it makes it substantially easier for other pokemon to sweep.
This can also be a helpful reference when trying to use the "definitions" when creating your reasoning.

My first nominate is

Staraptor
I nominate Staraptor for the Offensive BL. Right now CB Staraptor is capable of 2HKO'ing EVERY SINGLE pokemon bar a very small amount of Pokemon, who cannot take sustained hits in UU. Staraptor is an amazingly destructive force, and can only be 'stopped' by status. Intimidate only adds to its power, though it is not a reason I consider Staraptor to be BL.

Staraptor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
---

Two incredibly powerful STAB moves, plus Close Combat for Rocks and Steels means the only Pokemon who resists this set is Rotom, whose low Defense means it is usually 2HKOd by Brave Bird, meaning it cannot switch in. Some Staraptors even use Pursuit. The only decent switchin to Staraptor is a Luxray with Intimidate, and even then, switching into a Return is not something it wants to do. Even Registeel, famed as one of UU's greatest walls, is 2HKOd by most Close Combats. This set alone deserves my nomination for BL. LonelyNess also asked me to mention the SubRoost set, but I have not much experience on that and will leave it to the other people.

That's my only nomination for now, I may make more throughout the duration of this thread.

Gallade

I nominate Gallade as an offensive BL. His great movepool and stats make him UNWALLABLE after a Swords Dance. The only way to stop Gallade is to know his movepool, which is a difficult feat.

Gallade (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 48 HP/252 Atk/208 Spd
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

LN's set is indeed destructive. This set is only stopped by a Nidoking or Toxicroak that is bulky enough to take at least two Shadow Sneaks, or by being revenge killed. And 'revenge killed' is not a good criteria for keeping it UU. Add to this Gallade's ability to come in on a majority of Pokemon and set up, and I definitely think Gallade can sweep the majority of the metagame with little to no effort.

Results
Thorns: All | Rejected, rather vague =( (0 noms).

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll be editing in the rest of my suspects later.

The first suspect I will be nominating is:

Gallade

This is just a copy paste right from my post on him from the last thread.

Gallade (M) @ Life Orb
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
---

Do not question the EVs as I have already done plenty of research on them. The Speed outpaces everything significant that Gallade might want to, and the 48 HP EVs afford Gallade a small amount of bulk that allows for Swords Dancing on Specially based walls (like bulky waters). The only thing the lack of full speed means is that you fail to tie with other Base 80s and personally, I find using speed ties as a reason for maxing speed to be a pretty poor argument. But I digress.

---

Now that we have established the proposed set that may define Gallade as BL let's look at our options regarding stopping this Pokemon. Basically we have two options

Option 1: Bring in a slower Pokemon that can take at least 2 regular hits, or 1 Swords Danced hit and OHKO Gallade.

Option 2: Bring in one faster Pokemon that can take at least 1 regular hit, outspeed and OHKO. Or avoid being OHKOd by Shadow Sneak after a Swords Dance.

There is also one option that I believe people should stop using as a means to call one Pokemon not broken. This option is Revenge Killing. Let's just think about what this actually means. It means that Gallade has just killed one of your Pokemon, and you are bringing in a faster Pokemon that has the ability to OHKO it. But this means that Gallade already did its main job and that was take out at least 1 Pokemon, thus proving its usage on your team worthy (If a Pokemon can take out one Pokemon on your team it is worth having been put on your team). Not to mention that there is NO Pokemon that can guarantee Gallade's death whether it decides to stay in or not. If Gallade were weak to Dark, I might be able to see Revenge Killing as a viable check, because there is Honchkrow who can Pursuit, but it's not. Which means that Revenge Killing is at best going to force out Gallade, which just means that it will come back in later and kill something again. Lots of things can be revenge killed. Rayquaza comes to mind as being revenged quite nicely by a Life Orb Mamoswine. This doesn't mean that Rayquaza is fit to be in OU.

Ok, now that that tangent is out of the way, let's get back to these two options.

Let's look at the possible candidates for option 1.

Slowbro
Spiritomb
Uxie
Weezing
Sandslash
Mespirit
Claydol
Nidoqueen
Vileplume
Venusaur

Ok, these Pokemon look to be bulky enough to at least take one Swords Danced hit. Let's see how they fair against Gallade.

252 HP / 252 Def Bold Slowbro vs. +2 Life Orb Stone Edge (51.78% - 60.91%) - Survives

252 HP / 252 Def Bold Spiritomb vs. +2 Life Orb Stone Edge (67.76% - 79.93%) - Survives

252 HP / 252 Def Bold Uxie vs. +2 Life Orb Stone Edge (51.13% - 60.45%) - Survives

252 HP / 252 Def Bold Weezing vs. +2 Life Orb Stone Edge (57.49% - 67.66%) - Survives

252 HP / 252 Def Impish Sandslash vs. +2 Life Orb Close Combat (103.39% - 122.03%) - Doesn't Survive

252 HP / 124 Def Bold Mespirit (The Standard) vs. +2 Life Orb Stone Edge
(64.29% - 75.82%) - Survives

252 HP / 212 Def Bold Claydol (The Standard) vs. +2 Life Orb Shadow Sneak (54.32% - 64.20%) - Survives

252 HP / 216 Def Bold Nidoqueen (The Standard) vs. +2 Life Orb Close Combat (57.81% - 67.97%) - Survives

252 HP / 252 Def Bold Vileplume vs. +2 Life Orb Stone Edge (61.58% - 72.60%) - Survives

252 HP / 252 Def Venusaur vs. +2 Life Orb Stone Edge (60.44% - 71.43%) - Survives

Ok, so all but Sandslash fit the first criteria of option 1 and that's to survive at least ONE Swords Danced hit. However, as you will see all of these Pokemon are 2HKOd. This obviously means that it is absolutely necessary that they be able to OHKO Gallade during the one turn they get to hit it. So let's see what these Pokemon can muster versus our Gallade.

vs. Slowbro
Surf vs. our Gallade (31.49% - 37.37%) - Fails to OHKO Gallade

vs. Spiromb

Ok, our Gallade does (67.76% - 79.93%) to Spiritomb. That's a 2HKO regardless of whether or not Spiritomb burns us with Will-O-Wisp so doing that is out of the question. Our only options are Shadow Ball if we're specially based, or 2 Shadow Sneaks if we're Physically based.

Shadow Ball vs. Our Gallade (49.83% - 58.82%) - Fails to OHKO Gallade
Shadow Sneak vs. Our Gallade (40.14% - 47.75%) - 2HKOs Gallade after 2 Life Orb Recoils

With Shadow Sneak we are guaranteed to kill Gallade, but unless we roll above average damage while Stealth Rocks are on the field, we are still losing Spiritomb. But I guess Spiritomb counts as a viable counter if you're running Shadow Sneak.

vs. Uxie

Shadow Ball (even though it's never used) vs. Our Gallade (27.68% - 33.22%) - Fails to OHKO Gallade

vs. Weezing

With Stealth Rock on the field, much like Spiritomb, Burning results in a 2HKO anyway. So the only way to beat us is to OHKO with Sludge Bomb. You could obviously use Explosion... but that has the negative side effect of killing Weezing too.

Sludge Bomb vs. Our Gallade (23.18% - 28.03%) - Not even close.

vs. Mespirit

Shadow Ball vs. Our Gallade (29.07% - 34.26%) - Fails to OHKO Gallade

vs. Claydol

As we've shown before, if you're attacking with a weak special attack, you're not getting anywhere. So let's go with Earthquake and see how much that does to it.

Earthquake vs. Our Gallade (39.79% - 47.06%) - Fails to OHKO Gallade.

vs. Nidoqueen
This could be promising seeing as how a it can attack somewhat from the physical side, as well it is the only Pokemon on the list that gets to abuse a -1 Def because it's hit hardest by Close Combat. Let's see how we fare!

Earthquake vs. -1 Gallade (70.93% - 84.08%) - OHKOs with 2 Life Orb recoil a little over half of the time.

Looks like if you have Stealth Rock that Nidoqueen can function well as a counter, but you're going to lose Nidoqueen in the process, just like Spiritomb.

vs. Vileplume

Energy Ball vs. Our Gallade (26.30% - 31.49%) - Fails to OHKO

vs. Venusaur

I'll even throw you a bone on this one and say that it's using Leaf Storm although come on... a 252 HP / 252 Bold Venusaur using Leaf Storm? I digress

Leaf Storm vs. Our Gallade (46.71% - 55.02%) - Fails to OHKO

--------------------

As you can see, there are 2 Pokemon that fit Option 1. These two are Spiritomb and Nidoqueen. However both of these must sacrifice themselves in order to take out Gallade.

It is true that Slowbro and Uxie can Paralyze them, but these are not only not seen on every set (Slowbro frequently uses Calm Mind or Grass Knot over Thunder Wave and Uxie uses the screens / uturn / psychic / a variety of other moves), but they don't stop the fact that Gallade is going to take out Slowbro and Uxie... and even perhaps continue with a sweep.

Let's get to Option 2.
------------------

It's pretty obvious that the only things faster that are switching IN on a Gallade are those that can survive a Close Combat. anything else risks getting OHKOd by a Gallade spamming Close Combat (which DOES happen).

So let's narrow down the list of faster opponents with the ability to OHKO that do not get murdered by either a +2 Shadow Sneak after switching in on a Swords Dance, or that get killed by a Close Combat.

Crobat
Jumpluff
Scyther
Charizard
Staraptor (Although not if Stealth Rock is in play as it gets OHKOd by Close Combat then)
Arcanine (Same thing applies to Arcanine that applies to Staraptor)
Moltres
Venomoth
Articuno
Pinser
Nidoking
Toxicroak

That's it. Everything else is OHKOd by a Close Combat. Now, do you see anything remarkably similar about all of these Pokemon? That's right, with the exception of Toxicroak and Nidoking, they are ALL weak to Rock. You can check the calcs if you want to, but let me assure you that every single one of these Pokemon are going to be OHKOd by a Stone Edge on the switch if there are Stealth Rocks on the field. That means that with just a little bit of scouting, I can kill your "check" to Gallade and rampage your team. (And a side note, Nidoking is 2HKOd by a combination of Close Combat and Shadow Sneak).

This brings down the feasible counters to Gallade to three: Spiritomb / Nidoqueen / Toxicroak.

And two of those Pokemon have to kill themselves to beat Gallade, and the latter has to run max speed, and even then is taking over 50% of its health JUST TO FORCE IT OUT.

---------------------

If this doesn't show that Gallade is BL material I don't know what will. It can set up its Swords Dance on a variety of weak Physical and Special attackers, and its coverage is such that it can deter the faster threats that would be able to come in on a Close Combat rather than a set up move.

===============

The second Pokemon I believe fits the offensive criteria for BL is

Staraptor

Staraptor (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Substitute
- Roost
---

Alright, unlike with Gallade, I won't bore you with the details of a lot of damage calculations. That's because quite simply, I don't need to. Everyone knows that this Staraptor 2HKOs the entire tier with the exception of Luxray. The reason I believe that this Staraptor is the one which is a "cut above the rest" is because with Substitute, it completely throws the prediction aspect out of the window. Safely hiding behind your Substitute after a switch, you can destroy the counter that your opponent brought in without ever having to think twice about it. Granted, your opponent will more than likely be able to force it out, but Staraptor's ease of which it has switching in coupled with its ability to force switches allow for it to regain its health from Roost after its taken out its counter. A high health Staraptor versus your counter-free team will spell doom for the majority of players not packing an unreasonable amount of checks to it. I once played Eo Ut Mortus who used three checks to Staraptor: Luxray / Omastar / and Spiritomb and even he had trouble with the SubRoost set because he could not kill it before his counters went down.

The raw power coupled with the survivability of the SubRoost Staraptor makes it so that it can outlast teams with even a ridiculous amount of potential checks to it.

And this is only with one set. Add choice sets into the equation like Scarf which allows it to beat most of its revenge killing counters such as Raikou, and Choice Band which has a chance to 2HKO even Luxray with Stealth Rock on the field and you have something that is obviously able to "sweep the majority of teams with little to no effort"

Results
Lonelyness: Gallade | Accepted . Staraptor | Rejected, rather vague. (1 noms)

Double Checking: Gallade | Captured the offensive characteristics of Gallade very well - however I feel as if the argument was way too slanted towards one method of playing. Could have been expanded but it is good enough. Accepted

Well, I would like to suggest Raikou for the BL tier.

Raikou@life orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 6 hp / 252 sp.att / 252 speed
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- thunderbolt
- HP grass/ice
- calm mind
- substitute

With 115 base speed and special attack, Raikou has enough potential to rip through teams if he has enough calm minds in its belt. Thunderbolt pretty much 2HKOs everything in the entire UU metagame except for special walls or those who resist Raikou's main stab. What thunderbolt can't hit, HP grass/ice is able to take care of the rest.

edit: since blissey and snorlax are pretty much omnipresent in UU, the only definite counters for this guy are Muk and the Regis imo.

I'll try and add more suspects in here.
Offensive Characteristic
A Pokémon is BL if, in common battle conditions, it is capable of sweeping through a significant portion of teams in the metagame with little effort.

Gallade (M) @ Life Orb
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Shadow Sneak/ice punch
- Swords Dance
Gallade has powerful moves, and decent speed. He is able to further increase his attack with swords dance, allowing gallade to absolutely decimate anything that is not resistant or immune to its fighting attacks. Shadow sneak deals with fast psychics and ice punch deals with vileplume and Scyther.

I'll say that Gallade should go to BL because it is able to single-handedly 2HKO almost everything in the UU metagame.

Medicham@choice band
Ability: pure power
EVs: 4 hp / 252 att / 252 speed
Adamant/Jolly nature
- psycho cut
- brick break
- ice punch
- fire punch
Similar reasons to gallade, but instead of swords dance, Medicham boasts a solid attacking power of 438 (398 is you're jolly), boosted further by a choice band. This guy pretty much 2HKOs the entire UU metagame, and I would love to see this guy move up to BL because of it.

Defensive Characteristic
A Pokémon is BL if, in common battle conditions, it is able to wall and stall out a significant portion of the metagame.

Milotic: While Milotic's movepool certainly isn't large, her solid defenses allow milotic to take hits from both sides, while her decent special attack allows her to attack fragile sweepers with her stab moves. This guy is probably the reason why raikou and shaymin are on so many UU teams of late, because everything else can't 2HKO without setting up on this guy. It's also risking a sleep from hypnosis if sweepers do try to set up.

Support Characteristic
A Pokémon is BL if, in common battle conditions, it can consistently set up a situation in which it makes it substantially easier for other pokemon to sweep.
I'll try and get the defensive and support suspects later.

Results
Misa: Raikou | Rejected, not specific enough & bad reasoning. Gallade | Rejected, bad reasoning. Medicham | Rejected, vague. Milotic | Rejected Factually wrong, demonstrates bad theorymon. (0 noms).

maddog

is a master debater
is a Contributor Alumnus
I would also add Staraptor to the list, based on the offensive characteristic. It's massive base 120 Attack and great base 100 Speed makes it one of the best Scarfers in UU. Staraptor uses the massive power of Brave Bird and Close Combat, along with Return, to break even some of the toughest physical walls in the format. One of the only Pokemon that resist its entire moveset, Rotom, is actually 2HKOed by Brave Bird, which is a testimate to how powerful it is. It can sweep a team in the middle or late game with no setup, while being faster than most of the Metagame. A Choice Band set is a good way to break teams in the early game. It is way too overpowered, and the current metagame cannot handle the threat that it is.

I will also nominate Raikou as another potential suspect. Calm Mind, a base 115 Speed and base 115 Special Attack, and Substitute, with a potential for use of Life Orb, makes it walled by very few, including Sesimic Toss Chansey, Lanturn, Earthquake Registeel and very little else. Even so, Laturn can only wall it, but not beat it unless it uses a large amount of attack EVs and Waterfall. With very little setup, Raikou can devistate most teams with little effort, and causes a huge amount of centeralization. It fits the defination in my opinion.

One defensive Pokemon that I would like to nominate is Registeel. Registeel, with its incredible defenses, can only be 2HKOed by extremely powerful super effective STAB attacks, which allows it to stall a significant amount of the metagame with little or no effort. Registeel has a good support movepool that includes Stealth Rock, Toxic, Thunder wave and others. It has a decent attack stat, but it is best known for stalling most of the metagame out of the game. Strong fighters are the only one's that have a chance to 2HKO.

Milotic and Slowbro both stall out most of the metagame, and probably break the defensive characteristic. Because Raikou is likely to be made BL, both of these Pokes will stall out most of the metagame. With their access to instant recovery moves and their incredibly high base stats, these things are at times impossible to take down. While Milotic is more of a wall and Slowbro is a better tank (thanks to Calm Mind), I felt that grouping these two together would be benefitical.

Hail teams cause too many problems, so Abomasnow and Snover should be banned to BL, based on the support characteristic. With this support, Walrein becomes something that breaks the Defensive Characteristic, and Froslass starts to really break the Support Characteristic because of Snow Cloak. Glaceon, it can be argued, also breaks the Offensive Characteristic because of access to Blizzard with its sky high Special Attack. Instead of just banning Walrein or Froslass or Glaceon, I believe that the problem is the hail, and not the Pokemon who abuse it. Therefore, I believe that permanent hail is too strong of an ability in UU, at rightfully, should be banned.

Along with Typhlosion, which has insane power with a Choice Specs set which is unbalancing and should also move to BL, I think that these bans will bring a balanced metagame that we can futher test after this 1st step is done. We should be liberal in what we ban.

Results
maddog: Staraptor | Borderline Rejecting. Raikou | Borderline Accepting. Registeel | Rejected, some factual inaccuracies make the vote questionable. Milotic / Slowbro | Rejected, not specific enough. Abomasnow / Snover | Borderline Rejecting. Typhlosion | Rejected, no where near detailed enough. (1 noms)

Double Checking: Raikou | "Overcentralizing" is not a valid argument, nor is ever a "reason" why we are considering - it is exactly as vague as the characteristics themselves. I don't think the argument is solid enough. Rejected

My BL nomanations are as follows.

Clefable-

Offensively Clefables base is a meager 70 making it hit 262 when maxed out. And its special attack is healthier at 85 (295). However Clefables Bulky Drummer set is probably the best example of clefable as an offensive beast. Clefable as a sweeper is actually possible. The only thing that really counters it are ghosts. And phazers. But Clefable would most likely be able to outstall them anyway. Once it gets even 2 Cosmic Powers in its basically un-knock-out-able. However without that set it really isnt that big of a monster attacker. Anybody can get around an all attacking Clefable. And seismic toss isn't a definition of beastly attack. Clefable can also make for a helluva boltbeamer with CM equipped. Also Flame Orb Facade Clefable gives Facade a base of 210 attack. This set is a solid choice for an offensive Clefable. However the popularity of this set has declined in favor of a more Defense/Support based Clefable. Offensive Clefable is probably Its weakest area.

Defensivly Clefable has a base of 95 HP (394) 73 Def (269) 90 SDef (306) Clefable is completly able to defend itself in almost every situation. It is weak to a single type. Fighting. I liken it to a Bronzong with Recover. And if Bronzong were to ever get Recover it would most likely become the main toxicstaller of OU. I could see a Recovering Bronzong moved to Ubers. It gets Softboiled, Wish, Protect, Cosmic Power, Amnesia, Calm Mind, Dual Screens, Reflect and Light Screen. Protect. Tricking Flame Orb.

Supportive Clefable is probably the most supportive pokemon in UU. With attacks like Wish, Toxic, Thunderwave, Clefable uses the move Knock Off better then any because it can recover directly. Encore is also supportive which can allow another friendly poke to set up if the foe stays in. Stealth Rock. Fake Tears and Charm. Follow me, in doubles battles allowing for setup. Reflect and Lightscreen. Safe Gaurd. Again Trick.

By biggest argument for why I think Clefable is broken lies in Clefables ability. Clefables ability is basically like 4 abilities in one. It takes no damage from Hail or Sandstorm ( Airlock ) It is impervious to Toxic or Burn ( Immunity+ ). It takes no damage from Stealth Rock or Spikes ( Mountaineer+) And moves such as Leech Seed and Pain Split have no effect on Clefable whatsoever. Which leads me to beleive that Endeavor would do nothing aswell if somebody can confirm this. It takes no residual damage or indirect damage. Magic Gaurd is Clefables ability. Thus making Magic Gaurd the best ability in UU by a longshot. And argeuably one of the best if not the best in all of OU and hence the entire metagame!

Clefable has the ability to stand out and shine in all respective areas of Offense, Defense and Support makes it my one and only candidate for BL

Results
7AY: Clefable | Rejected, listed sets w/o describing impact on meta isn't helpful. ( 0 noms)

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My suspects:

Raikou

- I feel that Raikou is a powerful pokemon that can sweep a majority of the metagame with ease. So it is my first suspect.

Offensive Characteristic
Let us establish the set used for my calcs:

Raikou@ Shuca Berry
Timid, 252 Spe, 252 Sp. atk,6 def
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Hidden Power Ground/Ice
Substitute/Shadow Ball/Signal beam

These are the most common moves used by Raikou(I know, its movepool is shitty)

Raikou finds it incredibly easy to set up in the UU environment. Its decent bulk allows it to take a hit, CM, and then fulfill the offensive charecteristic,i.e., destroy everything in sight. Your only hope is to outrun it and deliver a good hit, or use scarfers. However, Raikou has 115 base speed. In UU, this is only outrun by Crobat, Sceptile, Swellow, and Electrode.
Crobat cannot hope to beat Raikou. Ever.

Sceptile, admittedly, has a very good chance of beating Raikou.

Earthquake with max+ attack and Life Orb on min HP Raikou: 92% - 109%

Max+ attack Sceptile is not common. The mixed sweeper would not run that much attack. Plus, there's Shuca Berry.

45 | Sceptile | 3536 | 4.05
Leaf storm, choice specs, neutral nature on the same Raikou: Exactly the same as earthquake.

This assumes that Raikou does not have a Calm Mind boost.

Electrode can not do anthing apart from Exploding.

Neutral nature max attack(lol) Explosion on 40 HP Raikou: 58 - 68%

It should also be noted that none of these pokemon bar Electrode and Sceptile can even switch in safely. So, the only option left is to use Scarfers to revenge kill. And depending whether Raikou is behind a sub or not, it might be for vain.
Also, the very fact that you need to revenge it means that it has served its purpose.
Raikou, meanwhile, hits back with T-bolt, Shadow ball, signal beam, or a hidden power. With 115 Special attack and a calm mind boost, it annihilates nearly the whole metagame.

This is obvious, Raikou has multiple viable sets. So I could go into a game, be prepared for Sub CM Raikou, and WHAM! Specs Raikou nails me. So Raikou, while not as unpredictable as Clefable and Salamence(forgive the OU comparison), isn't as predictable as Walrein or heck, Staraptor.
The Shuca Berry set has served me well over the test, allowing Raikou to survive DD Feraligatr Earthquakes and OHKO him to hell.

So, the counters.

Registeel, Steelix, Chansey, Regice

Chansey is a ridiculous pokemon that no one should be forced to use. It is set up fodder for a lot of stuff, and apart from walling raikou, does almost nothing in a metagame with Staraptor, Shaymin, Gallade, and Mismagius running amok.

Steelix is regarded as the best counter to Raikou.

+1 neutral nature Hidden power Ground/Fire on standard steelix(354 HP, 200 sp.def) : 72 - 82 %

while Steelix OHKOs with Earthquake? No! Shuca Berry lets it survive the earthquake, and finish it off. And if Steelix switches in on Hidden power, it's toast.

By the way, Shuca Berry isn't a gimmick.

Registeel, my personal counter to this dog.

+1 Neutral nature Thunderbolt on max HP, max+ special defence registeel: 31 - 37%

This is one of the only things that can take more than 2 hits from Raikou, and one third of all Registeels run Very High - Max Sp.Def EVs according to DJD's stats.

Regice walls it almost completely, but can't do much back. Raikou can just switch out and come back later, while Regice has to take SR damage every time it switches in to wall it. If Raikou gets one CM off, its subs are unbreakable by Regices Ice Beam, allowing it to eventually reach +6, and then god help Regice. Regice has Seismic Toss, but only one fourth of all Regice run it.

54 | Regice | 3082 | 3.53
As you can see, even Regice isn't used very much.

So to sum up, I say that Raikou is a suspect based on the offensive charecteristic of an uber.

Second suspect:

-Staraptor

Yes, we all know what this beast is capable of, it 2HKOs the entire metagame. The only "counters" are max/max+ defence Rotom and Luxray. These are good examples of overspecialised counters. This shows how much influence Staraptor has on the metagame.
Staraptor can enter the field _almost_ at will, with Intimidate and immunity to Ground and Ghost. It then proceeds to U-Turn back out of there, netting some damage in the process(many people forget U-Turn has 70 BP). It can even try to be a little unpredictable using SubRoost. This SubRoost set can even bluff a Choice Band(with Sharp Beak or Expert Belt), so it's too late by the time you realize the fact that it's not banded.
It is almost like Garchomp in a way(though not to his extent): you know what it is going to do, but you can't do anything about it.
Staraptor may be weak to SR, but it has the ability to roost off the damage.

Results
Erazor: Raikou | Borderline Accepting. Staraptor | Borderline Rejecting, pretty vague & didn't say much about it's presence in the metagame. (1 noms)

Double Checking: Raikou - Makes a very good case for Raikou's offensive characteristics, and the lack of many Pokemon to do something back to it, and goes through many cases. Accepted.

Oh yes, I have been waiting for this :D. I would like to nominate........the imfamous ABOMASNOW!!!!

Abomasnow doesnt have a single "SET" that makes it Bannable. Though his toxic/leech seed/protect set is pretty tough to deal with.

I actually also going to Nominate Snover. Snover fits this just as much as Abomasnow, but its alot weaker, still fits this definition though.

Abomasnow/Snover fit the the definition:

Support Characteristic

Pokemon like Froslass and Glaceon have a very easy time sweeping with either their already sickening SAtk(Glaceon), or Sickening Speed(Froslass) to allow themselves to use scarf/specs and sweep respectively. It gives them a 120 BP STAB move, thats rediculous to start. It also gives them free evasion which is another topic. I thought we were trying to minimize the possibility of hax. If this stays then logically Double Team should to, but just be made illegal with Baton Pass.

The Evasion is fairly rediculous because of, well obviously Froslass has this move called "Spikes". Free Spikes on a team with a Ghost or two on it, especially in the UU environment is absurd.

So indeed the interesting case is that on top of the first definition, they also make Walrein fit this description:

Defensive Characteristic

Lastly, the most obvious reason. Stallrein. Walrein is broken. Just simply broken in endless hail. It can set up on nearly any slow attacker, or wall. This pokemon makes 101 subs, has amazing 110/90/90 Defenses, and is impossible to take down without a strong Water/Ice resisting Toxic Immune attacker. And its attack has to have a pp of over 40 to take out Walrein, as it doesnt lose HP per turn. It can also be beaten by Clefable, it has one legitimate counter. Ice Body+sub+protect heal 25% per turn. Thats rediculous by any standards. UU sweepers dont have the same staying power that OU does to deal with hail, such as viable sweepers with Roost(E.G. Salamence, latias etc.). Gallade cant even kill a smart player with Walrein(Thankfully, that seems to be an oxymoron with common Walrein users). So Walrein is definately getting nominated if for some reason Abomasnow/Snover arent Banned. Not to mention it has access to encore.

These are some examples, other pokemon such as Glalie become very powerful like walrein, but the subs break at least. Piloswine gets snow cloak as well.

The 6.25% is nearly unresisted by all of UU, its fairly rediculous to deal with, minus the other reasons. Hails weakness are easily remedied by 2 pokemon such as Slowbro, and Claydol, there are so many.

Snover and Abomasnow make this Hail Stall too much of an "I win button". Yes i have tested it, it was terribly boring, but nearly impossible to lose. I even used Snover and went 5-0.

My intentions are not to ban Walrein if Abomasnow and Snover get banned, but it has to be nominated just in case.

Also: I agree with Gallade, Staraptor and Raikou, they need to go. Registeel cant really go yet, its the ONLY thing stopping Mismagius from running rampant.

These fit the description:
Offensive Characteristic

Gallade is effectively uncounterable. This is partly because of the amazing movepool he has coupled with amazing attack stats and typing. It even has a priority move. Too strong for this metagame.

Staraptor also, has no counter. Staraptor has intimidate as well, it can switch in on any ground or ghost attacks, which are common and proceed to kill something as it 2HKOs everything in the metagame. Earthquake is the most common move in the game in fact. Mainly, its too easy to switch in, and Kill something.

Raikou is WAY too easy to set up. It can set up on nearly any Special attacker, and with the 4th fastest speed, it can stomp through a team.

Results
HeysUp: Abomasnow / Snover: Borderline Accepting. Vague reasoning but I can see where he was going with it so I'll allow it. Walrein | Rejected, nomination depends on something getting banned, that's bad reasoning. Gallade | Rejected. Staraptor | Rejected. Raikou | Rejected. Last 3 were very pathetic noms. (2 noms)

Double Checking: Abomasnow / Snover: Rejected. Argument of Support Characteristics show very little understanding of the game. This means the only reason you are considering Abomasnow/Snover banned is specifically for Walrein - which is silly.

Offensive Characteristic

Pokemon that I feel violate the this characteristic so far are Raikou, Staraptor, and Gallade.

Raikou: He violates the offensive characteristic simply because the combination of his speed and sp attack allows him to come in on many walls that use neutral sp attacks to it, CM up, and with that carrying the ability to wreck an opposing team depending on the hidden power. While many people have cited Steelix or certain ground types to be counters to Raikou, it really only has one counter in Chansey, meanwhile certain Hidden Powers can 2hko most of its so-called "counters" (Steelix, Camerupt, etc)

Staraptor: This bird violates the offensive characteristic because at 100 base speed it's decently fast and has the attack stat to utilize close combat and brave bird extremely efficiently being able to 2hko most steel types with close combat, and 2hko or 1hko most pokemon with Return/Brave Bird. This when combined with people's fear of choice items, gives your opponent a massive headache as you're able to exploit Staraptor's predictability with things like SubRoost sets or play mind games with U-turn. Staraptor's counters include highly defensive Rotoms and Luxrays which are able to only be 3hkoed by its best efforts.

Gallade: With 125 base attack and 80 speed, Gallade seems a bit too frail and slow to sweep a team, but it's mediocre speed is enough to outspeed almost all walls in UU currently making it a perfect wall-breaker. With 115 base spdef it can come in almost all special attacks get in a Swords Dance or fire off an attack to pretty much rape anything that it opposes. Almost nothing can fully resist the aresenal that Gallade packs, being only vulnerable to faster pokes and Spiritomb (though crotomb can still be beaten after multiple SD's).

Defensive Characteristic

I haven't been able to find any pokes that have been able to fit the defensive characteristic, simply because the metagame is so offensive that their isn't any one wall that can't be broken down by the plethora of wall-breakers.

Support Characteristic

Crobat: I nominate Crobat simply because besides Electrode, it's the fastest Sunny Day/Rain Dancer in UU currently. However, I'm not simply nominating Crobat for its ability to set up weather, there is also many other options for Crobat which makes it so lethal to a team. Crobat is pretty much the most common starter in UU and with its ability to taunt any starter without impunity and roost off any damage. Unlike other tiers, in UU the start of a match is perhaps the most crucial point in a match in which the setting of spikes/SR/sleep, is vital to the victory of a team. Crobat's ability to deny a team of its early set up gives the user a powerful advantage against other teams. The most unsettling trait that Crobat has is it's abilities outside of support. While it can provide the team with a fast haze, taunt, or weather, crobat is also able to provide your team with a bit of insurance. Its massive speed stat, slight bulkiness, and power stab attack in brave bird, makes it a decent late game revenge killer.

Uxie: I nominate Uxie because of it's versatility in providing a team with a variety of boosts. While Uxie can't do much collateral damage, it's ability to set down rocks, induce status, set up screens, and trick harmful items is very threatening to an enemy team. While setting down SR, inducing status, and tricking choice items onto a team is hardly "broken", the ability to set up dual screens and use memento is the primary violation of the support clause. While one cannot compare uxie to Deoxys-e, uxie is able to set up dual screens and use memento in a different way than Deoxys-e. Instead of using speed to outright outspeed its opponents. Uxie is able to outspeed a massive number of pokes in UU and then tank hits like no other with its 130 base defenses. The only real way to stop uxie is switch in a taunter at first sight, but seeing as Uxie's can run a variety of sets not just trick sets you can be switching your taunter into a variety of traps.

Clefable: I nominate Clefable because of it's ability to destroy stall teams outright with its presence. The set:
Clefable @ Leftovers
252hp/252Spdef/4 def
Nature: Calm
Ability: Magic Guard
-Softboiled
-Thunder Wave
-Encore
-Seismic toss
This set is able to cripple sweepers, encore walls, heal up any damage it may ever take, and seismic toss to damage any walls that don't have any reliable recovery. While this set can't do much to ghosts, Froslass and Mismagius which are the two most common ghosts won't like getting hit by Twave and any threat from CM sets is neutralized by encore and allows the safe switch in of pursuiters. Due to Clefable's natural ability to instigate switches and its remarkable ability to take no residual damage, Clefable is the worst nightmare of Stall Teams, being one of the only pokes to welcome damaging statuses, and annoy teams to no end.

Results
demon238: Raikou | Borderline Accepting. Staraptor | Borderline Accepting. Gallade | Borderline Rejecting, shaky reasoning too much hyperbole & inaccuracies. Crobat | Rejected, didn't use the characteristic well. Uxie | Borderline Accepting, vague but I could see where he was going. Clefable | Borderline Rejected, used the support characteristic very poorly, should have been done under the defensive characteristic. (3 noms).

Double Checking:
Raikou - rejected. the argument is as vague as the characteristics you're trying to argue, or it's just the characteristics with a little fluff.
Staraptor - "borderline" rejected - same deal with Raikou except you tried to integrate unpredictability but didn't do it very well
Uxie - borderline accepted - Your argument should have concentrated on dual screen + memento, and "what pokemon is broken with it". What does dual screen + memento break exactly?

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Support Characteristic
Abomasnow
Abomasnow is, as you all know, the only fully-evolved pokemon capable of setting up endless auto-weather. As such, it gives hail teams a distinct advantage in an opponent cannot easily counter the hail without either wasting a turn to change the weather, running a weather-based team that can abuse that weather, or running one of a select few pokemon (Clefable comes to mind) that do not mind hail teams.

On top of that, it's not really "making it substantially easier for other pokemon to sweep" that's Abomasnow's problem (although, 100% accurate STAB Blizzards are not easy to take repeatedly), but "making it substantially easier for other pokemon to stall." Of course, I'm looking at Walrein and your typical hail-stall team. I know that's not technically part of the support characteristic, but I feel that it should be. Especially with no real way to balance out the weather short of running Hippopotas or another weather team.

You "could" make the same argument about Sandstorm in OU, but the difference here is, of course, that there is a distinct shortage of hail-immune pokemon. Not to mention Walrein, who would do nothing without Abomasnow.

To anyone who tries to argue "should we ban Snover too?" I will respond with "yes, if people consistently use him after Abomasnow is banned and hail is still a problem."

As for the offensive threats, they seem to largely balance eachother out.

Results
Syberia: Abomasnow | Borderline Rejecting, far too vague but he did hint at the Walrein bit but didn't elaborate. (0 noms).

For whoever is counting the votes... sorry that it is such a wall of text. I'm just trying to prove to you that these pokemon deserve to be suspects :).

If there is multiple people counting up the seperate pokemon, you may want to read the section on Staraptor to figure out why I am analyzing the pokemon this way.

Note that I'm only doing multiple sections on the pokemon I feel need to most critically be removed. I'll still mention the rest, just not in as much detail. Also, the text formatting is to make it easier for you to read.
OFFENSIVE NOMINEES

My first suspect nominee... Staraptor

Staraptor has the capabilites of destroying the best of UUs walls when equipped with a choice band. Here are some examples from the standard 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense Choice Band Set: You will notice that all of these are 2HKOs with Stealth Rock, although some may have a minute chance of becoming a 3HKO with Lefties.

Before I start, let me explain why these damage calculations exist with non-realistic pokemon, having 252 Defense, and 252 HP. It is important to realize that Staraptor will rarely, if not ever face these. However I must prove BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT that these pokemon should be tested, so I picked the worst possible situation for the sweeper, that is, 252 Defense, 252 HP.

STAT BASED SECTION:

Shuckle 252 HP/252 Defense
-Brave Bird 46.83% 50.40% 55.16%

Shuckle is only slightly less defensive than Cressalia and Brave Bird makes it bite the dust. Furthermore, Staraptor is not going to get much recoil for this one. Also, encore won't really do anything to a choiced pokemon, so one of Shuckle's options is virtually useless.

Regirock 252 HP/252 Defense
-Close Combat 48.35% 52.20% 57.14%

The best Defensive Tank (not considering typing) in the game. This thing lasts forever to special attack in Sandstorm and then dies to a Close Combat. Ouch. Has to revenge kill and hope Stone Edge hits :(

Relicanth 252 HP/252 Defense
-Close Combat 60.40% 65.35% 71.29%

Used to be the best Defensive Tank (not considering typing) in the Old UU. This takes even more than Regirock. Has to revenge kill and hope Head Smash hits :(

Uxie 252 HP/252 Defense
-Brave Bird 62.99% 68.08% 74.58%
-Return 48.31% 52.54% 57.06%

We all hoped one of our favorite Levitating Psychic types could take on the dangerous bird, but no, both Brave Bird and Return seal it's fate, doing over 50% damage. Considering that Uxie is good at surviving even supereffective moves, that is scary. The only hope for Uxie is to use yawn and hope they switch. However, Uxie can set up Stealth Rock beforehand.

Torkoal 252 HP/252 Defense
-Brave Bird 51.69% 55.93% 61.02%
-Return 47.09% 50.87% 55.81%

Torkoal isn't used much but is on average more defensive than Uxie. However, Return still deals lethal damage, and of course, Brave Bird does the job as well. Torkoal would have to burn and switch in order to counter properly.

Tangrowth 252 HP/252 Defense
-Brave Bird 92.57% 100.99% 109.90%
-Return 43.32% 46.78% 51.24%

I knew Brave Bird would be lethal, I just wanted to see how much return would do (the recoil from using Brave Bird on Tangrowth is huge).

Slowbro 252 HP/252 Defense
-Brave Bird 52.03% 56.60% 61.68%
-Return 48.73% 52.54% 57.36%

Used commonly for Blaziken, I decide to try him out. No luck. Worse, I run him on my team as a defensive tank. My team is TR, so usually it has little problem, but the fact it can power itself through Slowbro is a fact to consider.

Luxray 252 HP/252 Defense WITH INTIMIDATE
-Return 43.96% 47.25% 51.92%

Hailed as the only counter (Rotom doesn't work) for Staraptor and it isn't even guaranteed. You have to endure a hit, hope it hits for Min, and Discharge back. Staraptor's counters are getting way too specific.

You will notice I left out certain things like Spiritomb. It is because pokemon with stronger HP and Defense were hit with a neutral move (spiritomb's advantage is having no weak spots), and 2HKOd. Therefore, it would be kind of useless to ask whether Spiritomb is 2HKOd by Brave Bird when Uxie already is.

MOVEPOOL BASED:

My movepool based section basically shows the diversity a pokemon can carry to get around the other pokemon in the metagame. In other words, it shows how difficult it properly is to stop a pokemon from sweeping.

Staraptor as you can see, is very close to unstopable. If you don't have a resist or immunity to it's attacks...gg. Really, the only way to kill this thing is to revenge kill. Because it is almost a 100% chance that it will 2HKO the thing that switches in.

Also, this pokemon can run sets with Expert Belt and have move choice. It can run quick attack with those, killing many counters. It also can use roost on predicted switches. U-Turn can be used to get it out of there, but Staraptor is mainly played staying in, to minimize Stealth Rock Damage. Staraptor (although it rarely has this) can hit fleeing opponents with pursuit to. Intimidate also weakens those non STAB based attacks so that Staraptor has a small chance of surviving them.

Also, Staraptor's high base speed allow it to hit fast with it's attack, and flee with little damage after a U-Turn.

All of these options make it to easy for Staraptor to sweep. It can pick a move based on the pokemon currently opposing, and unless the opponent has a very solid resistor or immunity, gg.

EXPERIENCED BASED:

The experience section shows that I have played the pokemon and battle, and my thoughts on it. Basically, it shows that I played enough to understand the pokemon.

I, having a Trick Room team have only been swept by Staraptor once. However, how it swept me that one time, KOing the rest of my pokemon one after another was VERY, VERY scary. Overall, it doesn't give my team problems; it gives the metagame problems. Walling becomes useless and you have to revenge kill. And even then, it is not guaranteed. The amount of pokemon it can force out to start it's sweep is just huge. And the momentum it starts has a very, very hard time being stopped. Not that it isn't a bad idea to carry priority, but it just requires you to carry it.

CONCLUSION:

As you can see, it can sweep too well with an easy setup and is only stopped by priority, therefore it meets the offensive requirements for BL. It's attacks rip apart the metagame as the things that resist or are immune to them are either to weak or hit by something else hard. It's only needed to switch-in on something safe, and this pokemon will sweep (or highly damage for your clean-up pokemon).

Overall, Staraptor is just a bit too much for UU in my opinion.
Now, for my Second Offensive Threat Nominee... Gallade

Much like Staraptor, except Gallade gets it's power from Swords Dance. Here's the calcs from 252 Attack +Nature Gallade vs the same maxed/maxed +natures I compared Staraptor with. Also note that Gallade either runs Stone Edge or Psycho Cut, so I will be including both just to be sure I covered everything. Item equipped is Life Orb and Swords Dance.

STAT BASED:

Shuckle 252 HP/252 Defense
-Close Combat 86.07% 92.62% 101.23%
-Stone Edge 47.54% 51.64% 56.15%
-Psycho Cut 50.41% 54.51% 59.43%

OHKO... Close Combat... You need a double resist don't you :). Once this thing get's a swords dance (pretty easy if you can make the other pokemon to switch) no tank is standing up to it.

Regirock 252 HP/252 Defense
-Close Combat 128.57% 139.01% 151.65%

In posting in the UU thread, I accidently said that Starptor did this :). Still that is really, really, really scary. You definately need a double resist.

Relicanth 252 HP/252 Defense
-Close Combat 160.89% 174.26% 190.10%
-Psycho Cut 47.03% 51.24% 55.69%
-Stone Edge 44.80% 48.51% 52.97%

If Regirock couldn't stand a chance, don't ask about this one.

Uxie 252 HP/252 Defense
-Close Combat 45.76% 49.72% 54.24%
-Stone Edge 51.13% 55.37% 60.45%
-Shadow Sneak 41.24% 45.20% 49.15%

Close Combat does this much??!!! Gallade wouldn't be using it on Uxie but the amount of damage it does is saying something. It also looks as if the opposing pokemon needs to be resistant to ghost and rock.

Torkoal 252 HP/252 Defense
-Close Combat 89.83% 97.09% 105.81%
-Psycho Cut 52.62% 56.98% 62.21%
-Stone Edge 99.42% 107.56% 117.44%

Both Close Combat and Stone Edge make it through this guy, and psycho cut also does hefty damage if you don't want to miss.

Tangrowth 252 HP/252 Defense
-Close Combat 82.67% 89.36% 97.52%
-Psycho Cut 48.27% 52.23% 57.18%
-Stone Edge 46.29% 50.25% 54.70%

Same as Torkoal really, Close Combat and gg.

Slowbro 252 HP/252 Defense
-Close Combat 46.45% 50.25% 54.82%
-Stone Edge 51.78% 55.84% 60.91%
-Shadow Sneak 41.62% 45.18% 49.24%

After the results with Uxie, I really did not expect this to live any better. It almost did :(. Slowbro pretty much goes to the extreme in terms of physical defense for a fighting resist. And it can't even survive.

I'll even throw in Spiritomb, perhaps the most looked at counter, for you.

Spiritomb 252 HP/252 Defense
-Stone Edge 67.76% 73.36% 79.93%

Spiritomb is 2HKOd. It needs Shadow Sneak to properly revenge kill Gallade. And this is probably anyone's best hope.

Other useful Calculations (we will assume using stone edge for Spiritomb)

Claydol 252 HP/252 Defense
-Close Combat 58.33% 62.96% 68.52%
-Shadow Sneak 52.47% 56.79% 61.73%

Shadow Sneak does high damage to Claydol's lesser but still massive physical defense. Priority means that Claydol gets one move to revenge kill.

Toxicroak 252 HP/252 Defense
-Close Combat 68.92% 74.59% 81.08%

Toxicroak never stood a chance.

MOVEPOOL BASED:

So yeah - Gallade is deadly. Very Deadly. These show you that unless you run a revenge killer with priority... you are dead meat. Probably the safest one would be Silk Scarf Ambipom (after they have killed one of your pokemon), however, Close Combat means goodbye. Azumarill could do the job to but takes quite a bit from Shadow Sneak. With so many deadly options that all work extremely well against the best walls with Max stats, I would say Gallade belongs in BL. It just is too easy to predict a switch, Swords Dance, and sweep. Shadow Sneak takes out all the fast counters, while the power behind Close Combat (and occasionally Stone Edge) takes out the others. Much like Staraptor, it requires the use of priority moves, or sacrificing many pokemon, in order to beat it. It is just too powerful for it's physical weakness to truly be exploited. Not only that, but it has a priority move of it's own, meaning it will still get some damage on you.

EXPERIENCE BASED:

The main problem with Gallade is it's priority. If it didn't have a priority move, it would probably not be BL. Even in my TR enviroment, priority hits first. Luckily, my Marowaks defense is very good, so it usually isn't game ending (Marowak has basically an 100% chance to kill Gallade as it survives a Shadow Sneak), but it is devistating to those not using TR. You can't outrun it except by using priority of your own, from a FASTER pokemon.

CONCLUSION:

It meets the offensive requirement for BL under the same condition as Staraptor. It sweeps too easily, too well, and requires priority moves. It has powerful moves for slow pokemon and priority for the fast ones. If you have decent prediction, you can SD and gg.
My last offensive threat is Shaymin. As mentioned above, I do not feel as strong about this one, so I'm not going to go through the large paragraphs of text for this pokemon.

Shaymin is here, on the offensive threat list, simply because it is such a hard sweeper to kill. Basically, the opponent can Rest at any time, withdraw Shaymin, and bring it back in later on in the match. Not only that, but because it's method of healing is so effective, it can run Life Orb with very little negative side effects. It cannot be Statused, Stalled (because Seed Flare has a chance to lower Special Defense) or offensively killed very easily (it can just rest when low on HP). Basically, a battle with Shaman goes like this

1) Shaman switches in
2-?) Shaman spams it's offensive moves (spamming smartly, for type effectiveness, but spamming all the same)
?) When Shaman has more or less 30% HP, it rests off of it's very good 100 Base Speed.
? + 1) Shaman switches out and is cured of it's sleep.
??) The cycle starts over

Luckily, I got so tired of Shaman, Abomanasnow, and Explosion Registeel, that I put a counter on my team, but not all teams use such. My counter was Leech Seed HP Fire Venusaur (Sub for Seed Flare). However, even with a supereffective move, Shaman was only damaged about 40%, which wasn't quite enough, and this was coming from 252 Special Attack Venusaur (not + nature though).

Basically, this thing heals to effectively to be allowed to play offense. It is to hard to KO in the limited time your pokemon will stay alive. It is to effective of a strategy to LO Spam and then Rest on this pokemon, resulting in it's ability to hurt most of the UU metagame. Because although it may not be as fast a killer as the other two, it sure is alot more bulky.
DEFENSIVE NOMINEES

My first defensive nominee is... Spiritomb

My problem with Spiritomb is that only Taunters are able to stop it, unless you have a powerful Stat-Uper or Choice User (like Gallade and Starptor)

For this pokemon, I'm not going to damage calculations, but I will tell you what I have expereienced about him.
1. When EVd right, he walls Special Attackers that do not have enormously powerful moves. My Camerupt even failed to him.
a. He can setup Calm Mind on those Special Attackers
2. Because of no weaknesses and sturdy defenses, it is considerably easy for him to Rest Talk and becomes considerably harder for him to be KOd because of the Calm Minding.
3. He is a beast on hail teams. You have to spend turns healing while his leftovers cancel out the damage. He can Calm Mind till you've damaged him enough, rinse, and repeat.

The commonness of this set
| Spiritomb | Move | Rest | 64.3 |
| Spiritomb | Move | Sleep Talk | 52.0 |
| Spiritomb | Move | Calm Mind | 46.6 |
| Spiritomb | Move | Dark Pulse | 45.7 |
In other words, all 4 moves hit the top of the chart for Spiritomb.

I have noticed that he is played much like Raikou (except he walls, and sweeps later on). He comes in on the generally weaker Special Attackers and starts setup. Often times, those sets carry higher initial physical defense, so sending in an attacker is going to give him a chance to Calm Mind, fortifying his weakness. And the fact that you cannot hit him supereffectively means you are virtually just "waiting for a crit to happen". And the crits still do not do enough.

Maybe I'll do some damage calculations later, but for now, that's all I have to say on him.

It is to easy for him to set up Calm Mind, as he runs Rest Talk very commonly. Unless you have an active sweeper with a boosted neutrally effective physical attack, you are just fighting a losing battle. His defenses are to strong, so he walls, boosts his somewhat minor Special Attack to a massive level, and starts sweeping. If you're Taunter's dead, you are very vunerable to this pokemon, considering most teams only have one Taunter.
SUPPORT NOMINEES

My final nominee, under support category, Crobat.

Crobat is not overwhelmingly powerful, nor superdefensive (though I will discuss it's relative position later). So what makes it such a nominee? The fact that no other lead in UU can Taunt and set-up so easily as Crobat. I'm not using it as evidence, but I see a Crobat lead on 85% of my matches about. Another 10% are Frosslasses. The extra 5% is everything else. Obviously Crobat is effective, but let's take a look at what makes it work so well.

1) Taunt - The big one. Crobat is only challanged in terms of Taunting Speed by Electrode, who usually is a one-time setup who explodes. Crobat, on the other hand, like staying around a while longer.
2) Inner Focus - The fact that this pokemon cannot get Flinched prevents everyone from using Ambipom to solve their Crobat problems. This pretty much guarantees Crobat is going to be doing something.
3) Rain Dance / Sunny Day - Crobat sets these up better than Electrode, as Crobat survives longer.
4) Good Defenses for a Speed Pokemon - Crobat's defenses are quite decent and he comes with a handy 4X resist to fighting and immunity to ground. He has decent enough HP, Defense, and Special Defense that he can switch in multiple times.
5) Roost - Coupled with good defenses, this means Crobat is not going anywhere.
6) Brave Bird - If Crobat was just a supporter, pokemon would set up on him, but no, Crobat hits with a powerful STAB Brave Bird. Ouch. Even from 90 base Attack, that hurts! And for recoil, roost.
7) Hypnosis - Not much use with 60% accuracy now days, but still, a fast sleep can be nice.

With Crobat's myriad of support options, it almost always is able to set up and give a bonus to one of it's team mates be it Taunt, Rain Dance, or a bit of damage on the opponent. However, because of the lack of faster Taunters, Crobat's job is too easy, and it can setup in almost any situation, thus meeting the requirement for BL.

For whoever spent the time reading this, have a good day/afternoon/evening, and I hope I convinced you to test these pokemon. : )

Results
Relictivity: Gallade | Borderline Accepting. Remaining | Rejected, just listing calcs doesn't tell me anything about how it performs; several instances of bad reasoning / factually inaccuracies.(1 nom)

Double Checking:
Gallade - Rejected - Nice Hyperbole. Too extreme to be considered a serious argument.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Primary Disclaimer: First let me say that the pokemon I am going to nominate here are not necessarily pokemon that I believe this is BL! Ban it! I was really impressed with a recent post by Imran where he explains why we should be more liberal in nominating suspects-- to insure greater commitment and attention towards testing/following a large number of pokemon.

Secondary Disclaimer: There will be a lot of comparisons to OU below. I am in no-way suggesting UU should be like OU, except that in that UU should also be balanced. OU is the only existing balanced tier, so there in lies reason for comparison. I hope that what comparisons I draw lie within this frame of mind.

With that said, the pokemon I would like to nominate (in order of "strength"):
-Abomasnow/Snover
-Raikou
-Froslass (especially if Abomasnow and Snover would be allowed to stay)
-Clefable
-Spiritomb (especially if Froslass stays)

Abomasnow/Snover

Regarding "support," Abomasnow creates support instantly that creates extremely advantageous situations for hail pokemon. Of course its ability to set up hail is flawless, barring a hippopatas double switch. Once hail is in play, the shape of the field is changed arguably far more than setting up SR could.

Advantages:
-Hail Damage (effective reverse leftovers) against all non-ice types
-100% Accurate Blizzard
-Activation of Snow Cloak (Froslass, Glaceon, Pilloswine)
-Activation of Ice Body (Walrein)

Of course everyone knows what hail does, and I am sure we were all interested what it would be like for hail to have its own dominant tier like sand in OU or rain in Ubers. However, just like Rain in Ubers leads to anything but a balanced metagame, I would argue continuous hail is far more injurious than sand in OU, to the point of being broken.

UU Hail > OU Sand:
-Ice is a rather rare typing, and one seen even more rarely outside hail teams. In OU, even on none-sand teams one would expect to see a number of ground, rock and steel types-- especially steel types. In other words normal OU teams are much more capable of dealing with sand damage than non-hail teams in UU can deal with hail damage.

-There are no "Anti-Hail-Ice" pokemon. Even if you are packing your own Ice pokemon, that doesn't help jack really. What I mean by this is that in Sand, one could use even a common-place pokemon like Scizor, Swampert or Rhyperior to counteract sand teams, being both immune to sand and dealing out super effective damage to a lot of members. Amongst sand-immune pokemon, Ground and Steel types have the advantage over Rock Types (who most benefit from sand). In Hail, only Ice types benefit from Hail, and Ice types are Resistant to Ice attacks so there is no "Anti-Ice" Ice type.

-100% Blizzards are very accessible. Unlike the 50% s.DEF boost sand gives to the very few usable (let alone combinable) rock types in OU, 100% accurate Blizzards are available to a huge breadth of pokemon, including every single Ice and Water Type. 120 base power and 100% accuracy on arguably the most injurious attacking type in the game is flat out insane. Suddenly even mediocre-statwise offensive pokemon like Froslass and Abomasnow can hit HARD, and the likes of Scarf Glaceon (or heck, specs) simply becomes ridiculous. An absolute void of Ice-Immunes allow for truly brainless spamming of a move that is completely BETTER than Outrage.

-Unlike Sand in OU, the viable pokemon who can benefit from hail via abilities is much greater and more dangerous. Facing Scarf Glaceon or Froslass provides the same anxiety we all lived under Garchomp's Tyranical rule. While the two cannot sweep hole teams, the fact is that every free turn gained for either of these pokemon is guaranteed to be productive, as Froslass' Spikes and Glaceon's spammed Blizzards are extremely hard to stop even when you know exactly what's coming. I won't even touch on Stall-rein's abilities.

*Note: Some have the convaluted idea that the main issue of hail is stallrein. This is far from true. I am purposefully ignoring stallrein in this summary, to underscore the fact that stallrein is simply one small part of the hail-team equation. If it were only stallrein, I'd say that it would be easy to build counter measures for it. It's the other factors of hail that are of bigger consequence.

The fact is that while non-weather teams in OU can still fight on almost an even level under sand, non-weather teams in UU are pretty much fighting handicapped as soon as hail comes up unless they are going to carry the turn-wasting-non-beneficial-potentially-dangerous rain dance/sunny day somewhere in their team. Even tried and true rain/sun teams have trouble against hail due to the fact that Abomasnow sets up infinitely more easily.

All this accomplished by a pokemon just appearing on the field. Abomasnow (snover) is definitely my #1 suspect. Let me mak it clear one more time: I am making this recommendation greatly independant of both Stallrein's abilities, and the difference between Snover and Abomasnow's base stats. Anything with "Snow Warning" is suspect for UU.

*For many reasons hit upon in comments about OU sand, I do not see Hippopatas in the same category at this time.

Raikou

I am not about to say that Raikou is completely broken. The fact is that he has a number of checks and true-book counters. There are also much more powerful sweepers. These are not the reasons Raikou should be put under suspicion. Before I continue let me say:

Just because a pokemon has no counters does not mean it's broken. In the same way just because a pokemon has counters that does not mean that it is not broken.

If you want to go by the offensive characteristic mentioned at the top of this thread, Raikou fits this definition to a tee. Though there are definite counters to Raikou, the fact is (as we all know), not all 6 pokemon are active throughout the whole game.

Raikou's counters can be drawn out and defeated before Raikou is defeated even against a strong opponent. Raikou's very presence creates Pressure (pun intended).

Just by being there Raikou forces the opponent into a corner:
-Either face a potential Raikou Sweep that can destroy a whole team
-Or by "saving" his Raikou counter cut his fighting force from 6 to 5 from the very start of the game.

The fact is that while a good number of pokemon can counter Raikou, an even greater number are Raikou's set-up fodder-- and once Raikou gets going, it doesn't stop. Even bouts between very similarly skilled players and well built teams, Raikou can turn an otherwise close game into a 6-0 sweep with relative ease. If there is anything broken about Raikou, it is this simple fact.

Similarly to Yache-Chomp, there is something broken about a pokemon who has a common set, and that set won't be stopped even when the opponent knows exactly what's coming. Thunderbolt/HP Ice/Calm Mind/Substitute has been a standard set since GSC-- everyone knows its coming. That doesn't mean Raikou can't do it just the same and kill off the entirety of the remaining team.

Froslass

There's something broken about a pokemon who, even knowing exactly what's coming, can do it regardless. I want to make it very clear that I am proposing Froslass regardless of the status of hail-- as it very well could deserve BL status from its own abilities.

At 110 Speed, Froslass is the fastest non-uber spike user in the entire game. In a metagame lacking Tyranitar (or any auto-sand outside of Hippopatas), it's an almost unstoppable lead.

Its Ghost type makes it immune to the bane of all sash-leads: Fake Out, and unlike something like Gengar this thing is packing a terrific support-movepool. Unless you are planning to use the (relatively weak) Kangaskhan just for the purpose of scrappy-fake out, Froslass is pretty much going to do its thing. It's thing includes spikes, taunt, thunderwave, and you cannot even beat it with force without fear of just being taken out with Destiny Bond. For that reason too, even the aforementioned Kangaskhan is not even a real solution.

Also there's the fact that the number of leads who can beat froslass with a faster taunt is low, and amongst them the Ice-Weak Crobat.

In Hail, Froslass is ridiculous as spikes give it an instant-advantage gainer for all those free turns from snow cloak. 100% accurate Blizzards are insane too.

Even without hail though, Froslass is a set-up pokemon without peer in a meta lacking tyranitar. It was broken before the BL release, and yet is still broken, as nothing that came in really weakened it at all.

Huh, in retrospect I should have put Froslass before Raikou.

Let me close up with this: Rapid Spin is a shitty-ass move, and a shitty-ass strategy. You have to waste time to use it too, and by the time you do, the spikes/rocks have already been doing their thing. Add ghosts into the equasion (including froslass!), and the fact that Rapid Spin is a shitty ass move is just underscored even move. Getting Rapid Spin to work takes up far more time, energy, and health than setting up spikes is for Froslass.

I'd say Froslass in UU is even better at setting up than Skarmory or Foretress in OU.

Clefable

One thing I consider in assessing a pokemon is how much "relief" I feel when it is taken down. I feel very little relief when I take down something like Registeel, Crobat or Umbreon who is going to go down eventually anyway and is relatively easy to use as set-up bait for a number of pokemon. I feel a lot of relief when I take down very threatening offensive pokemon like Gallade or Starapter, and a lot of relief when taking down very durable enemies like Chansey or Stall-rein.

Arguably, I feel more relief when Clefable goes down than any other pokemon.

Solid defenses + Recovery + a Versitile Movepool spells a winner pretty much regardless. Throw on Magic Guard and you have a true monster. immunity to all passive damage? GF must have been on crack when they made this ability. Toxic Orb adding immunity to sleep/paralysis and trick/flame orb adding additional potential really pushed Clefable over the top in terms of how much threat it could pose to the enemy.

SR, Encore, Trick, Wish or Soft Boiled along with a massive movepool has made it versitile to a point where "It's counterable if you know its move-pool" falls on deaf ears already.

It's certainly not ripping through whole teams, but it is an insanely durable and versitile support pokemon who can brainlessly answer a host of situations. It is a pokemon that can be brainlessly spammed.

Spiritomb

First let me say:
-I admit Spiritomb is really not that scary, either support-wise or offensively.
-Spiritomb is also set-up fodder for just about anything with substitute.

Then let me re-iterate:

Rapid Spin is a shitty-ass strategy, especially when there is a ghost who is not weak to pursuit.

The thing about spiritomb is that all it has to do to be good is sit there on its fat ass. It's also very good at sitting there on its fat ass. No weaknesses and passable defenses make it a perfect pokemon to sit in front of would-be spinners and laugh its ass off. Heck, it doesn't even need to be awake to be an asset to the team, apparent in the number of spiritombs who have gone the rest-talk route.

With no weaknesses, particularly none to dark, there is very little a player can do to prepare against a spiritomb. Yes, its defenses are very "mediocre" and it will fall to continued assaults from strong sweepers, but it's not getting 1hko'd by pretty much anything. This means it is very good at its job:

All spiritomb has to do to be good is sit there on its fat ass.

A Note About Sweepers

I am sure you will note that the pokemon I have listed are distinctly free of sweepers, barring Raikou who is more of a set-up pokemon really (the standard set hits pitafully weakly until it sets up and is easily countered). The reason I have done this is to purposefully underline this point: People are far to easily scared and up in arms over sweepers.

The last thing I want for UU is to see it revert back to what it was before this shift: A ridiculously boring circle-jerk between stall teams. When GF created 4th gen, they really did us a service by producing sweepers who actually had what it takes to beat the walls, and make the game fast-paced and well . . . interesting. Pokemon should be beaten by skill and strategy, not by throwing out "x" brainlessly-usable counter and sitting on your fat ass. Defensive/Support pokemon should exist, but they should all have a healthy fear of the top sweepers. While Gallade, Starapter and Shaymin are certainly strong, I highly doubt they have what it takes to impose balance-- ie. they are still too weak. Certainly when compared to the likes of Salamence, Infernape or Scizor, these pokemon are, proportional to the existing walls, much weaker than OU standards.

Results
ChouToshio: Abomasnow | Borderline Rejecting, didn't really connect the dots for me, iffy reasonings in spots, not very specific. Raikou | Borderline Accepting, iffy reasons but I get the gist of it. Froslass | Borderline Accepting. Clefable | Rejected, the nom didn't tell me much but obvious facts. No meta analysis / implications etc. Spiritomb | Rejected, the nom even admitted it's not scary support / offense wise so why was it nominated ?__?. (2 noms)

Double Checking:
Raikou - it sounds like what Obama can do to the economy!... but how? It would have been an argument if we figured out HOW Raikou did this and why. You make it sound like Raikou comes in and "it wins". I don't think it is detailed enough to be valid. Rejected
Froslass - It was interesting until you mentioned rapid spin sucks. But eh, I get the point. Accepted

Here's my input on what needs to be tested:

Offensive Characteristic:
Staraptor
Its one of the premier threats in UU currently. When it comes in on something slower, you either predict right and force it out, you lose a pokemon, or it U-Turns out to something that will beat your wall of choice. A couple of calcs:

Adamant CB Staraptor CC vs 252HP/252Def/+ Regirock:
558 Atk vs 548 Def & 364 HP (120 Base Power): 176 - 208 (48.35% - 57.14%) - 2HKO with SR

Brave Bird vs 252HP/252Def/+ Uxie:
558 Atk vs 394 Def & 354 HP (120 Base Power): 183 - 216 (51.69% - 61.02%) - 93% chance of 2HKO without SR

Since it is able to 2HKO the pokemon with the best defense, the pokemon with the highest defenses that Staraptor does not hit for SE damage, it goes without saying that Staraptor can 2HKO any pokemon in the metagame except for pokemon that can resist both attacks or have a special ability that can stop Staraptor. They are as follows:

Brave Bird vs 252HP/252Def/+ Rotom:
558 Atk vs 278 Def & 304 HP (120 Base Power): 129 - 153 (42.43% - 50.33%) - 30.90% chance of 2HKO with SR

Return vs 252HP/252Def/+ Luxray
372 Atk vs 282 Def & 364 HP (104 Base Power): 148 - 175 (40.66% - 48.08%)- 3.81% chance of 2HKO with SR

That's it, two pokemon which can survive an onslaught from a Staraptor out of the entire metagame, I don't know what is more fitting for the Offensive Characteristic based on theorymon. Based on actual test experience, I managed to get an average of 2 kills a match with it, and only 2 because Brave Bird damage eventually took its toll on Staraptor. Last thoughts: Starpator is a wall-breaker in the same way a sledgehammer is, as opposed to a wall-breaker the way a mouse that slips through its cracks is.

Gallade
Gallade is an absolute horror to any team. It can come in and threaten about half the metagame and set up on them. It has little fear setting up on weaker special attackers and those without any investments in Sp. Atk due to its 115 Sp.Def stat. After it is set up, it can OHKO or 2HKO just about everything in the metagame with the same set, which forces the player to make the same difficult decisions he or she would when facing a Staraptor. Now I'll do some damage calcs for redundancy... no I won't. But to be honest, I only have been on the recieving end of the beating stick that is Gallade in this test, so I can only say that it is impossible to wall, nearly impossible to stop once it is set up, and that only risky prediction and poor playing from the opponent lets me stop it without losing a pokemon.

Results
guoguo: Gallade | Borderline Accepting. Staraptor | Borderline Rejecting, vague & didn't say much. (1 nom)

Double checking - Gallade - Accepted. While lacking in detail, it captured the dilemma that the players face very well

For much of this, I'm assuming we all have a basic understanding of what each pokemon listed can do. Everyone knows Staraptor has Brave Bird, Return, and Close Combat at it's disposal, so there's little use in just listing those characteristics and saying 'obvious BL'. Also, while the Uber characteristics are amazing tools to aid us in this discussion, I don't think referencing them directly is the best course of action. You'll notice I actually do include parts of the same phrases in my own arguments, however, and it should be clear that I've used them as guidelines at the very least. The only reason I make a distinction is that I feel that actual explanations carry more weight than just listing a suspect and saying which characteristic it happens to meet does.

Staraptor

This will probably be the most popular suspect, honestly. It's not hard to believe, either, seeing what Staraptor was able to do to the metagame in such a short amount of time. In UU, where there are no steel typings which aren't also weak to fighting, Staraptor threatens nearly everything. How good is the combination?

| Staraptor | Move | Close Combat | 99.1 |
| Staraptor | Move | Brave Bird | 99.1 |

Enough that nearly every competitive Staraptor is using both. As a result, the best defense (unless you're using max defense Luxray) is to hope you can play around it. However, it usually ends up playing around you, which is the single most important part of it's consideration here. Because Staraptor is so threatening that it forces you to make one of a few (usually very predictable) switches, it can freely abuse other tactics other than straight-up attacking. It usually is 2HKOing rather than OHKOing bulky pokemon, and, because of that, attacking early on with a choice set isn't especially effective. That's where two key ideas come in: U-turn and Substitute.

U-turn allows the Staraptor user to stay ahead of their opponent, and control the pace of the game. On many pokemon, U-turn is a way to escape a threatening situation, or to scout. However, due to the fact that Staraptor forces your opponent to make such predictable switches, you can actually gear your team toward taking advantage of the pokemon it brings in on the U-turn. Whereas a pokemon like Flygon becomes predictable using U-turn because it has 'dangerous' STAB moves it would rather not get locked into too early, the threat Staraptor poses at all stages of the game is too great to ever really 'predict' a U-turn and stay in.

Substitute Staraptor sets further tear apart any hopes of it being suitable for UU. While SubRoost on a defensively challenged pokemon seems suicidal, especially with Brave Bird, the fact that Staraptor can force switches like none other allows him to pull it off. STAB Brave Bird with Close Combat as coverage is amazingly effective in UU, as we all know, but the ability to choose your attacks after seeing what your opponent has brought in against you completely ruins most 'strategies' for dealing with the bird. I feel the SubRoost set is the most important of all: with two attacks alone, Staraptor is able to dispatch most of the pokemon in this metagame.

Gallade

Gallade seems to be underwhelming for some, but I'm really not sure why. It seems to be mostly based off of the fact that while Gallade will often set up and kill something, it will not alone sweep your team. That's true, to an extent, but only due to the fact that STAB Brave Birds are all over the place (read: the fact that almost everyone uses at least one of Crobat and Staraptor). Gallade presents a problem much like Salamence in standard - it has a ridiculously good movepool and can kill more or less anything out there given the set. That's not the only way Gallade is linked to mence, though. Gallade's biggest problem in OU is that even if it does kill something, it tends to let faster and arguably more dangerous pokemon, like Salamence, get in and cause a switch. Much like that, in UU it allows Staraptor to come in and wreck up the place, making any kills actually seem less spectacular than before.

I suppose this one comes down to your interpretation of the offensive clause. Does Gallade actually sweep through a significant portion of teams with little effort? I believe it does. The destructive power Gallade reaches after a single SD has been discussed at length, and LonelyNess has provided the most compelling of arguments both here and elsewhere. The few things that can actually survive the CC/SE/SS/SD set are usually easily KOd by another of the large variety of moves Gallade learns and often puts to use, such as Psycho Cut, Night Slash, X-Scissor, or Leaf Blade.

It seems the presence of just a couple (potentially suspected) pokemon is the only thing that keeps Gallade from being the overwhelming suspect in UU right now. Still, the very notion that a threat requires teams to run something faster than it which can KO in order to be able to even force it out after a kill is outrageous. While stall teams can benefit from running a fast semi-bulky pokemon or two, it's not always reasonable to do so in UU, where the field of 'semi-bulky, fast, and powerful pokemon' is at a bare minimum.

Froslass

Froslass is a lot like past pokemon which were banned from OU to Uber due to the fact that even when you knew their set, you couldn't stop them from doing what they wanted. Now, Froslass doesn't always carry the exact same set, but it does always serve the same goal: give a team a large amount of nearly unstoppable support. A lot is said about Froslass 'always' getting Spikes up, and most of that is true. Much like Staraptor forces switches, the threat of either Taunt, Destiny Bond, or a strong STAB attack allows exploitable situations every single game. Right when you think you have it figured out, Froslass has tricked a scarf onto you and still will likely get some Spikes down and rack up some more residual damage.

Froslass poses a prediction nightmare. Even the simple threat of Destiny Bond is enough to make most teams fearful of attacking and losing their Spiritomb (or other pokemon which can usually handle Froslass straight up) to it. Do I really want to lose my spin blocker, which is also my only hope against other huge threats? What further complicates prediction is the fact that many of the same-speed or faster pokemon which could potentially ruin Froslass are either weak to Froslass' STAB moves, or can't afford to take a strong STAB hit anyway. Raikou, a likely suspect itself, is the only faster pokemon which makes an alright switch-in most of the time.

So what do you do? 'Outpredict your opponent', which is not a valid strategy in circumstances such as these. It's not as if you're switching into a Choiced attack, and you're going to have to correctly predict (and play excessive mind games) at least 2-3 turns in a row to dispatch of Froslass without it doing serious damage. You might say: 'Why not stall out it's low PP moves?' In order to do so, you're going to be taking heavy Spikes damage, which will likely cause you as much damage as simply saccing a pokemon to Froslass does in the first place.

Even though I believe Froslass is a suspect regardless of the status of auto-hail in UU, it's difficult to deny hail makes things much, much worse. Snow Cloak is a bitch, and adds to the likelihood of another layer of Spikes getting set up or another of it's attacks getting through. However, like with most pokemon in hail, it is Blizzard which presents the biggest problem. Froslass is not the most fearful special attacker, but a STAB 100% accurate Blizzard certainly does a lot to put it up there (see Abomasnow). The threat of taking a Blizzard, which may even freeze your 'counter' in addition to the large amount of damage it causes, is much more than that of a simple Ice Beam. For instance, standard max/min Spiritomb is 2HKOd by Blizzard if it has to switch into either SR or just a single layer of spikes. The same Spiritomb easily survives two Ice Beams, and recovers even better due to it's Leftovers actually healing when hail is absent.

Abomasnow

The strength of hail teams in UU is undeniable right now. There are serious concerns about their incredible stall potential and ease of victory, and the ultimate question to be asked is: 'Where does the problem lie?' I believe it lies with Abomasnow. While Abomasnow is the 'easy' culprit, it is also the one which actually causes the most grief and damage. If I felt just a single pokemon in hail were broken, I would nominate that one, but Abomasnow brings multiple other pokemon to the suspect level (and Froslass beyond it, imo). A few quick mentions:

Walrein
Auto-hail takes Walrein from 'pretty crappy Water/Ice pokemon' and pushes it all the way to the limit of the defensive characteristic. We all know about the whole '32 turns of stall', and it's even more effective in UU where the only auto-weather changer is weak to both Walrein's STABs and has pretty awful defenses to boot. In case it isn't obvious that Abomasnow is the culprit here and not Walrein, please note that in January Walrein was only seen 2.45% of the time without Abomasnow (interestingly enough, the amount of Thick Fat Walrein were 2.4%). Meanwhile, on teams that carry Abomasnow, over 23% of the time you would not find a Walrein. While Walrein completely depends on Abamasnow, the opposite seems much more like: 'If I'm running Abomasnow, why not run Walrein too?' (Much thanks to Doug's newest teammates stats, which are amazing)

Froslass
See above suspect explanation.

Glaceon
I remember making a long post about Glaceon's raw power in hail back in the day. With Specs and Blizzard, there are few safe switches, and with Snow Cloak added to it's decent defenses, it can actually stick around a while. Blizzard also allows to to change quite a few resisted 3HKOs into 2HKOs, even on non-Specs versions. Hell, even min/+max Chansey takes at minimum 35% from a Specs Blizzard, and unlike other strong moves like Eruption (which isn't available to a pokemon with as much SpA as Glaceon), It's power doesn't decline after taking damage. On average, Chansey will die if switching in to SR and just one layer of spikes - not an uncommon situation when you consider Froslass will also be on the same team.

In addition to allowing those pokemon to run wild, hail causes problems that even the abundance of sandstorm in OU does not. There are very few pokemon which work well to combat hail, and unlike sandstorm where you have Steels, Rock, and Ground types benefiting, there is only one type which does not take damage while in hail. While Ice pokemon often do well to combat hail teams, most of them are at a serious disadvantage the rest of the time unless you choose to run hail yourself. Furthermore, due to the fact that there are so few pokemon which retain leftovers recovery in hail, the common SR weakness hail teams normally have a lot of trouble with is minimized. Other teams have to deal with SR and the lack of leftovers, while every hail team will at the least have half their team able to heal in hail (and of course, walrein, who heals even moreso).

Abomasnow is also a huge asset to hail teams on both the offensive and defensive fronts - a fact which often seems to get lost in these discussions. Due to Blizzard's high BP, it doesn't need to run a lot of Special Attack, and can use those EVs for defensive purposes, or to become a mixed attacker due to Wood Hammer. With a 120BP STAB on both sides of the attacking spectrum, Abomasnow is extremely threatening. Add that to the fact he threatens Sub/Seed to stall with (and Blizzard to hit grass types who want to switch in on Leech Seed), and you can easily see how Abomasnow is a strong member of any team, regardless of if it's running full hailstall or not.

Crobat

Take a look at the top 5 attacks for Crobat in January:

| Crobat | Move | Taunt | 74.8 |
| Crobat | Move | Roost | 71.7 |
| Crobat | Move | Brave Bird | 68.4 |
| Crobat | Move | U-turn | 65.2 |
| Crobat | Move | Hypnosis | 14.6 |

Yes, that's about the most predictable moveset a pokemon can have. Much has been said about knowing exactly what a pokemon can do, and still being unable to stop it, and Crobat, as you can see, fits the description well. Consider that at the height of Garchomp's peak, it wasn't even using Yache over 50% of the time, and it's fifth move was around 45%. Crobat is already far more predictable than that, and it's only been a month.

Crobat was the top lead in January, and considering it beats most everything at the job, it's usage only seems to be increasing. The thing is an absolute support monster, shutting down just about every lead strategy, while subsequently setting up it's own. Ask yourself: What would I like to do on turn 1? Crobat most likely does it best.

Would you like to put up the weather while shutting down your opponents'? Well, the only time you're going to miss out is if Electrode taunts you. Interestingly enough, Electrode, while seeing usage of only about a fourth of Crobat's usage, and seemingly limited to the niche role of fastest lead taunter and rain dancer, carries Taunt only 69% of the time (to Crobat's 75%).

Would you like to shut down any sort of nonsense your opponent is going to try to set up? With a Taunt coming from 130 Base Speed, and respectable defenses (85/80/80) with reliable recovery in Roost, which removes 3 weaknesses, Crobat stops nearly everything that can't severely cripple it with a strong attack. Hell, with a small HP investment (standard), Crobat doesn't ever die to Timid Froslass' Ice Beam and can even risk a Taunt on her, and attempt to Roost off some of the damage.

But while a staggering 71% of Crobats were leads, it's effectiveness is hardly limited to the first turn of battle, unlike many of the suicide leads in Standard. If you don't have a solid answer for Crobat, and keep that answer alive, it is going to eat holes in your team. Whether it's Taunting your stat-ups and Roosting off any damage, or just threatening a Taunt or Brave Bird and U-turning ("the best move in DPPt") through to another counter, Crobat can single-handedly ruin your strategy if you're not careful. Stall teams are particularly vulnerable, but Crobat's Brave Bird is a huge threat to offensive teams ripe with Shaymin, Gallade, Blaziken, Roserade, and Hitmontop as well. Consistently is the key word in the Support Characteristic, and Crobat fits it to a T.

Raikou

I'll admit, Raikou sometimes seems like less of a problem than he was a month ago. However, noting that fact alone seems to be disingenuous. Raikou is one of those pokemon, which (as you'll see with my next suspect) you're generally at a disadvantage if you're not using. That statement seems awfully vague, but it's more than true. I've been using it on my stall team for the vast majority of the last month (a consistently top 10 team, right around 1800/40 at the time of this writing), and it has worked exceptionally well in what at first seems like a role it's not meant for.

Consider that Raikou is a very serious threat to a team. Also consider that Raikou is usually one of the better answers to itself when carrying Roar. With great base Specials, it doesn't even need much EV investment, if any, to do well. Instead, you can max it's HP and use some Defense EVs so it can shrug off Brave Birds and take unboosted EQs. You're left with a Pokemon which can always switch into other Raikou, and at the same time come into Crobat (something every stall team needs) and Staraptor and scare them off or KO them. Why not use a Steel? Well, Raikou provides much more to my team than a steel would. It adds a fast, strong, STAB attack to finish off many pokemon that would otherwise give me trouble. It can take a CB hit of any kind from Staraptor, outspeed it, and OHKO (and only Return has a chance to 2HKO from the scarfer), unlike steels who are extremely vulnerable to Close Combat. It also threatens more pokemon than the UU Steels do, making U-turning through Raikou less of an optimal proposition. Furthermore, it can still present a serious threat after a Calm Mind or two - Cursing steels are pathetic in comparison. Raikou also is less prone to losing to other Raikou than many of it's other common switchins, which die to a super effective Hidden Power or one of Raikou's other special attacks.

Obviously, this is not all about some niche set I've been using. However, the mention of it's workings does a great service in showing just how good Raikou is in UU.

The real key here is that Raikou is 'too good not to use' - even to counter itself. Even offensive Raikou running Roar sets up on other Raikou not carrying HP ground and has a good chance of decimating afterward (with the added benefit of laughing at stuff like Psych Up Regice, especially with SR on the field). Overall, Raikou is much like Staraptor in that it forces out a very specified 'counter', which you can usually note and take care of - if you haven't already built your team with that in mind. The fact that Raikou can carry attacks to easily beat groups of those pokemon itself adds significantly to the problem. You can usually 'deal with' Raikou once you learn which moves it's carrying, but how many pokemon will you lose before that happens? Perhaps more importantly, how many pokemon which can take a CM Tbolt do you have to carry before you're overspecializing your team? It's clear that, at worst, Raikou meets the offensive characteristic we're looking for. The real problem, though, is how it simultaneously becomes a monster on the specially defensive side at the same time, limiting potential answers to 'strong Earthquake' and 'Chansey'.

Clefable

Even more so than Raikou, I find that teams are at a disadvantage when not carrying Clefable. This is especially the case for stall teams, and often times the presence of Clefable on mine has given me wins over other stall teams seemingly 'by default'. It's not just stall that Clefable shuts down, though - a large variety of strategies are affected.

Setting up with Clefable around can be a serious problem, due to both good defenses and possibly the best use of the move Encore out there. Clefable easily ruins:

- Every curser. Including Regirock, Registeel, Steelix, Muk, Umbreon, and more. If they curse, they will be encored and killed off with Seismic Toss. While Clefable usually prefers to come in on the Curse itself, it generally fares just fine as Clefable is best used running at least some defensive EVs - even if you run a Reflect set like I do.

- Every other slow stat up user. This includes some of the most common CMers in Spiritomb and Slowbro, which Clefable easily switches into - only fearing Slowbro's Thunder Wave (and only if it's not already statused by other means). It also includes Spiritomb or Slowking trying to Nasty Plot.

- Many fast stat up users who cannot kill it after a boost. Both Mismagius and Raikou carry easily exploitable moves, and Clefable definitely has the defenses to take a CMed hit. It will Encore Raikou's Tbolt and switch to an immunity or resist, and the same is true with Mismagius' predictable HP fighting.

- Resttalkers if they dare to Sleep Talk.

It's ability to use Encore is obviously not the only suspect part of Clefable's UU play, though. Rapid spinning in UU is as troublesome as it gets, and, as gimmicky as it sounds, Foresight Hitmontop is often the best way to actually get a spin off. The presence of Clefable on one's team greatly reduces the amount of damage Spikes and SR will do, limiting need for a spinner. These facts, combined with the ability to actually stall out a large portion of stall teams on it's own, allow Clefable to provide nearly every team with an inordinate amount of support. Yes, even offensive teams can benefit from it's ability to stop pokemon which might otherwise cause serious problems.

Magic Guard also allows Clefable to exploit it's vast movepool and use Trick in conjunction with Toxic or Flame Orb to great effect. So if for some reason Encore doesn't screw up enough UU pokemon for Clefable's liking, it can always Trick a status orb on something. This even comes with the added benefit of Sleep and Paralysis protection, and because you aren't locked into a choice item like most users of Trick, your opponent will never know if or when Trick is coming. Toxic Orb even allows you to use STAB Facade without any drawback, hitting things much harder than anyone switching into Clefable might expect. Magic Guard even opens up opportunities for more gimmicky sets, such as the level 1-2 versions of the evolution line which abuse Focus Sash + Endeavor in hail. While not completely unstoppable, most non-hail teams end up losing a key pokemon or two, especially when you can never be sure the Clefable your opponent switched in isn't it's normal level 100 self.

I'm obviously not going to list every great use of Magic Guard here, as I think this sums it up nicely enough. Those are definitely the most effective ones, at least. After all, it's not that any singular aspect of Clefable is absolutely suspect on it's own - it's the overall combination of it's supportive and defensive abilities that we need to look at.

Results
Qibingzero: Staraptor | Accepted. Gallade | Accepted. Froslass | Accepted. Abomasnow | Accepted. Crobat | Accepted. Raikou | Accepted. Clefable | Accepted. (7 noms)

Double Checking: zzzz tldr;

Everything except Clefable - Accepted. Clefable - Rejected - it's not convincing - Okay, it can use Encore - but what stops Raikou or curse/restalks from switching out after? So what if it makes spikes/SR less viable? Tricking Orbs is only a level little higher than using Toxic / Will o Wisp - so "why is this bad"? You need to be a little bit more detailed with some of this bits and connect it before it's anywhere near convincing that it's "too much"

Glad to see this thread up and running! I will be nominating a good number of pokemon to insure that the suspect list can be as comprehensive as possible. I don't necessarily think all these pokemon are broken, as nUU is pretty stable for being a clusterfuck of pokemon.

Abomasnow - I don't think that hail is completely overpowering. However, let's compare Abomasnow to Hippopotas. I've used Hippopotas to decent success. It has average bulk, generates weather, and has a decent support pool. Abomasnow has all these characterstics and an incredible movepool with stats to use it. It is able to run as a sword dancer, subseeder, mixed sweeper, bander, scarfer, specs user, etc. Because of the unpredictability and coverage, I believe it should be a suspect due to its offensive and supportive characteristics. (I don't think Snover should be a suspect because it'd be more similar to Hippopotas and Hail isn't exactly broken.)

Gallade - I agree with several posters in this thread about Gallade. Due to its decent bulk, SR resist, and access to sword dance and the not as common trick, setting up Gallade is a breeze. With its amazing coverage and power, it can rip apart so many pokes with just one turn of setup. Offensive suspect.

Staraptor - Intimidate to go with great stats and movepool make Staraptor a beast. I often hear people complaining about the banded and scarfed versions, which are incredibly deadly. However, I've found that LO Staraptor proves to be even more dangerous with the ability to switch between attacks or have sub + roost at the cost of coverage loss. I believe it was in Lonelyness's warstory that Staraptor carried whirlwind as well. Because of the panic Staraptor stirs, whirlwinding on the switch could add up a lot of residual damage, especially in an entry hazard heavy metagame. Suspect due to incredible offense and coverage, as well as slightly supportive to a team because of intimidate as well as posing an incredible threat, causing switches.

Ambipom - Although I don't think this pokemon is obviously broken, it is an incredibly common lead. Stab technician fakeouts are nothing to scoff at. With its incredible speed, it can taunt anything that tries to setup. If Ambipom is on the receiving end of an attack, he can u-turn to an appropriate counter with little punishment. He can be used as a revenge killer and starts the game off with some free damage. Offensively he isn't a joke, but I believe Ambipom is a suspect more because of his supporting characteristics.

Froslass - Another incredibly common lead. Guarantees spikes with its speed, typing, and access to taunt + destiny bond. Its effectiveness lies in its simplicity. By sheer usage, this thing should be looked at as a suspect. Its support movepool is fantastic combined with its amazing speed. Support suspect.

Crobat - As many others have mentioned, Crobat is an incredible lead due to its speed, decent bulk, great support movepool, and utility. It's ability to set up both rain and sun with a fast taunt and u-turn to scout the switch, Crobat is a support suspect without a doubt. Brave Bird does decent damage, and it has the ability to run the nasty plot set. With a 4x resist to fighting and the ability to roost, its SR weakness is remedied and Crobat is able to support its team incredibly well.

Raikou - Raikou can be walled, but only by a select few pokes available in UU. With its sheer stats, running a CM LO set wrecks havoc against a majority of the metagame in just one to two turns of setup. Because of the very few available counters to Raikou, revenge killing is usually the best option against this beast. Offensive suspect.

I might post more later.

Results
Vrolok: All | Rejected, far too vague and lacks in specificity. (0 noms).

I am now happy with the Pokemon that i have nominated here. i am confident that the rest of the suspects have been discussed enough by other people. i shall leave it at this =)

First of all can I give my thanks to all of those who helped out in the "Portrait of an Uber" / BL thread. Having a definition of a bannable Pokemon, no matter how subjective it might be, is really useful. It allows one to focus on meaningful arguments that apply to said definition rather than the old arguments revolving around "overcentrilisation" and other such subjective phrases.

Secondly, I do not nessecarily believe that any of the Pokemon are BL material, what I do want to see if all of them being thoroughly tested so that we, as a community, can reach the right descision about all of the controversial Pokemon.

Offensive Characteristic

Shaymin - Shaymin was perhaps the earliest Pokemon that people considered suspect, and the hype caused people to over-react to it. Since then, it's usage has died down, due to the fact that people now have mulktiple checks to it on their team. It, nevertheless, managed to make 3rd position in the usage statisitcs, which shows that it really is a force to be reckoned with. With a STAB Seed Flare that has a 40% chance to lower Specail Defence, your only real safe switchins to Shaymin are Regice and Registeel, the first who sucks, mainly due to the presence of Stealth Rock, and the second who is currently also a suspect, if Registeel does, Shaymin will do a good job of dominating the metagame. Chansey doesn't like taking repeated Seed Flares with the Special Defence drop and can only sit there repeating Wish / Protect until Seed Flare runs out of PP or gets another SpD drop, meaning Chansey is forced out. Obviously this doesn't happen every time time, but this "lack of safe counters" is a quality that means that we should at least be taking a closer look at Shaymin.

Shaymin can also diversify, it can play a large number of roles from a stalling sub seeded to an aromatheraptist, and it's 100 / 100 / 100 defences meant aht if EVd defensivly it is very hard to take out, akin to Celebi, except without the pursuit weakness. It can't do a lot of things as well as Celebi, but it definately pulls off offensive sets better and can run a similarly annoying sub seeding set. These factors amount, in my opinion, to Shaymin being "a suspect" something that we should test, in order to get a better understanding of it's role in out metagame.

Defensive Characteristic

Registeel - Registeel has the ability to wall a good part of the metagame, with the combination of Earthquake and Iron Head it has the ability to prevent the majority of the metagame setting up on it, and this coupled with the fact that it can utilise Thunder Wave to cripple Pokemon that try to set up on it without a Substitute. There are only a few Pokemon in the game that can safely deal with it with powerful Ground or Fighting moves, most notably Staraptor and Gallade, who will both probably be considered suspects. I would not like to see Registeel in this metagame should those two be removed. I am sorry if I am extrapolating that a little too far.

Of the top 20 UU Pokemon there are only a handful of Pokemon that can take it on without fearing either Thunder Wave or one of those two attacks mentioned, and Registeel can be paired quite nicely with other Pokemon (Crobat for example) who can take the threatening Fighting or Ground attacks very comfortably. In my eyes Registeel "walls enough of the metagame to be considered a suspect" and is very threatening when you combine it with decent resistances and Toxic Spikes (just as an example of an envireonment or "team plan" that really will abuse Registeel to it's fullest)

Milotic - Milotic reached number 5 in UU usage, which in itself is not a problem, but what worries me is that it is pokemon number 5 and pokemon number 3, Railou and Shaymin, that keep it in check. Milotic is notoriously hard to OHKO without a powerful, and sometimes boosted, STAB attack such as a Seed Flare or a Thunderbolt. I have no doubt that if Shaymin and Raikou are taken out of the metagame that this will clearly fit our definition of a Defensive BL Pokemon. Of the top ten our best best against Milotic are Roserade and Froslass, who are "OK" at best, Froslass does pittance with Thunderbolt, and although Roserade will deal significant damage / OHKO with a Choice Scarf Leaf Storm.

What really worries me about Milotic is how there are 3 powerful Pokemon in the top ten that deal with it very well, yet it still manages to stay so high in the statistics. If we then go on to ban two of those three, it will definately be able to "wall or stall out a significant pert of the metagame." I want Milotic considered now, rather than later, the sooner we have an established tier the batter. I don't want to have a banning syndrome of banning x, realising it makes y too powerful, banning y etc...

Support Characteristic

Crobat - This Pokemon is starting to fit the definition of an ideal lead. It is almost as if, when stuck for a lead, one can simply just take Crobat, and it will work out well. It can immediately shut down the set up of any other lead barring Electrode (whom Crobat himself pretty much outclasses anyway) with Taunt, and can proceed to scout with U-Turn, giving the the user the early game advantage the majority of the time. Brave Bird is by no means a laughable attack, it hits extremely hard, even when a bulky EV spread is being used, and it has the ability to heal back all of the recoil damage with Roost.

Applying this more directly to the support charachteristic, Crobat is the ideal lead for any kind of weather team. I have had battles against weather teams, where my win or loss has come down to whether my Crobat won the Taunt war or not, bringing back memories of the old Deoxys-E Taunt-ties. The ability to repeatedly come in and set up Rain Dance / Sunny Day is very potent, and there is very little that can stop it from setting up 8 turns of weather repeatedly, due to its decent defenses, Taunt, and perhaps most noticably it's ridiculously high base Speed. Its speed means that it does not need to worry about running Focus Sash and can more reliably run Damp / Heat Rock, giving 8 turns of Rain, as opposed to 5 which makes a huge difference. It does not need to worry about being beaten by other Taunters, and it allows it to Rain Dance in front of a lot of "set up sweepers" before it is KOed, and instantly turn the tide of a battle.

Results
Imran: Shaymin | Accepted. Registeel | Rejected, see Milotic. Milotic | Borderline Rejected, bad reasoning based on "if x gets banned". Crobat | Borderline Accepting. (2 noms)

Double Checking

Shaymin - Borderline - I hate you for pulling that "we need to test this to better understand" card because that makes me feel like a heathen if i reject it. I'm on the edge with this one particularly because "no safe switchins" isnt' a complete reason and no amount of testing (since testing is.. .without shaymin) is going to help "explore" this case so your science card is very misused. However I do believe you provided all the dots to connect, which is why it is "borderline"

Crobat - Accepted. I wish you and Qibing both "completed" the argument on why "same pokemon with taunt being both #1 leads who can set up for X team" but we can connect the dots here!

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I may as well throw my 2 cents.

Offensive Characteristic BLs

Offensive Characteristic
A Pokémon is uber if, in common battle conditions, it is capable of sweeping through a significant portion of teams in the metagame with little effort.
Staraptor

Probably the most "obvious" of them all. With your everyday Choice Band set (BB, CC, Return and Quick Attack) you are capable of 2HKOing every single pokemon allowed in the nUU tier with SR support. The only poke who has a good chance of not being 2HKOed is Max/+Max Intimidate Luxray, whose only purpose is specifically to counter it in the first place. Even some of the greatest walls (in terms of raw stats) in the game, like Regirock and Registeel are 2HKOd by Close Combat with SR support. And, as if that wasn't enough, it also packs a very respectable 100 Base Speed, capable of outrunning the majority of UU threats, even without a positive nature to go with it. And if you want to have a better chance against those faster threats, you can easily run a scarf, outrun every common poke in the nUU tier and STILL be powerful enough to handle most offensive pokes with no defense EVs. To give you an example, 4/0 Intimidate Tauros is easily 2HKOed by Close Combat and it is equally easy to 2HKO 252/0 Azumarill with Brave Bird, and you won't find any sweeper bulkier than those. Finally, if everything I've said so far wasn't enough, it has Intimidate and Roost, making it much less vulnerable than other sweepers like Gallade and fully capable of running a LO set with BB, CC, Return and Roost or a more defensive one.

Damage Calculations

-CB Adamant Staraptor CC vs Max/+Max Regirock (rare as hell): 48.35% - 57.14%

The most defensive poke hit SE by Staraptor. 2HKOd with SR support 100% of the time.

-CB Adamant Staraptor BB vs Max/+Max Torkoal: 50.58% - 59.59%
-CB Adamant Staraptor BB vs Max/+Max Shuckle: 48.36% - 56.97%

The two most defensive pokes not hit SE by Staraptor. Both are confortably 2HKOd with SR support.

-CB Adamant Staraptor Return vs Max/+Max Intimidate Luxray: 39.84% - 47.25%

The only poke that can withstand Staraptor's power (Rotom can still be 2HKO 30% of the time, me thinks). Needless to say it needs a big deal of power to make you use such a defensive Luxray

-Adamant Scarfraptor BB vs 252/0 Azumarill: 60.89% - 71.53%
-Adamant Scarfraptor CC vs 4/0 Intimidate Tauros: 65.07% - 76.71%

The bulkiest sweepers I could think of. Even without any boosts, Staraptor outspeeds and 2HKOs the huge majority of non-walls you can think of.

-Adamant Scarfraptor BB vs Max/+Max Spiritomb: 45.72% - 54.28% (93% chance to 2HKO with SR)

...and some walls as well.

I guess you can imagine what this can deal to the less bulky pokes, right?

Support Characteristic BLs

Support Characteristic
A Pokémon is uber if, in common battle conditions, it can consistently set up a situation in which it makes it substantially easier for other pokemon to sweep.
(I guess we all know who will come now)

Abomasnow

Ah, the big yeti. Ironically one of my first actually good teams was a Hail Team. Good Times.

As many people has said before, Hail itself is very troublesome. 6.25% damage per turn to virtually every poke on your team (unless you use Ice types) is not only annoying but can also turn 2HKOs on 3HKOs (think SR) and, when coupled with Life Orb or Entry hazards, means that your sweeper will have only a couple turns to break through your team.

But the worst part are the abilities triggered by hail. To put it lightly, under hail hell breaks loose, shit happens and..well...you catch my drift. Under Hail conditions, Froslass, which is already a very effective spiker, can use Confuse Ray together with Snow Cloak to make it virtually untouchable and laugh at how moves like Stone Edge and Fire Blast aren't good options to fight it like before. Glaceon can use a scarf and fire off Blizzards from a 130 Base SAtk, something powerful enough to OHKO the likes of Raikou with SR support, which is even worse if you remember that any attempt to stop it only has 80% chance of succeeding due to Snow Cloak and will have to pass through Glaceon's considerable bulk. There is also lvl 1 Clefable/Clefairy/Cleffa who is guaranteed to revenge kill at least one poke (two if you switch) with Endeavor coupled with Magic Guard and hail damage, unless you pack either a Ghost or an Ice type (who will still have little to no HP left). And of course, let's not forget the stall machine, Insta-death in 16 turns for pokes without recovery, most annoying poke on earth Stallrein, who I really don't need to explain, right?

All that packed together, adding Aboma's own destructive power (decent attacking stats, 120 BP STAB moves from both sides of the spectrum, decent defenses, boltbeam counter typing and others), makes Hail too much to handle. Way too much, and since Aboma sets up Hail, it should suffer the banhammer.

Damage Calculations

Modest Glaceon Blizzard vs Standard CM Raikou: 88.76% - 104.73%
Timid Froslass Blizzard vs 252/116 Careful Spiritomb: 53.62% - 63.49%

Even though Hail is mostly known because of stall, those are fairly interesting numbers, don't you think?

BTW, I just chose two random commonly used Specially Bulky pokes, but it should give you an idea of the destructive power it can have.

Froslass

Upon further consideration, I've decided to nominate Froslass as well. Even though it isn't as striking as Aboma or Staraptor, Froslass is a incredibly effective poke, mainly as a lead, and is able of, most of the time, getting easily 2 layers of spikes (sometimes even 3 if the opponent doesn't have a strong lead/fast sweeper), which equals 19% damage to pretty much every poke around (except for the 4 or so viable levitators around and the flying types who receive at least 25% damage from SR). If you have seen any damage calculation in the past year or so, you will notice that the number of OHKOs increased greatly after people started taking SR in account, so I believe I don't need to explain why the extra damage spikes will provide you falls into the category of "makes it substantially easier for other pokemon to sweep", do I?

But the same can be said about every spiker around, right? Wrong. The difference here relies on the fact that almost nothing can stop Froslass from setting up and most of the viable pokes that do will be taken out by either Ice Beam or Destiny Bond. Let me explain myself: from the top 10 leads, only Crobat (#1), Ambipom (#2) and Electrode (#9) outrun Froslass and pack taunt and, guess what, all three of them are 2HKO'd by Ice Beam! You need to go to the #48 lead (Purugly) to find a poke that can actually stop it, and that is not a very good perspective, don't you think?

Last but not least, Rapid Spin is much more difficult to pull off on nUU than on the old UU metagame. With Spiritomb and Mismagius being fairly common (#11 and #12 most used respectively) and the common rapid spinners not being able to do much against them (mainly against spiritomb), RP is almost an impossible task. Because of that, stopping them from being set up in the first place is usually the best strategy (which is noticeable when you check the most common leads) and, as I've said before, that is not the best strategy to use against Froslass.

All the above plus decent offensive stats/movepool, the constant threat of Destiny Bond, Snow Cloak and Confuse Ray make Froslass a suspect IMO. But that is me.

Damage Calculations

252 Timid Froslass Ice Beam vs 4/0 Electrode: 51.53% - 61.07%
252 Timid Froslass Ice Beam vs 104/0 Crobat: 80.12% - 94.96%
252 Timid Froslass Ice Beam vs 4/0 Ambipo:54.45% - 64.04%

Only Electrode has any chance of not being 2HKOed with Leftovers (3.62% chance to be more exact), which proves my point that all the most common leads will lose to Froslass if she attacks from the begining while they taunt, making them very shaky counters at best.

Results
Frosty: Staraptor | Borderline Accepting. Abomasnow | Borderline Accepting. Froslass | Borderline Rejecting, too vague and non-specific. (2 noms)

Double Checking

Staraptor - Rejected - "It can 2hko everything" .... "So what?" You act like the staraptor user will always be in the position and always be in control and always guess right whenever something comes in.

Abomasnow - Accepted - I think you captured the support characteristics decently.

First of all, I also want to say that I agree with Imran and ChouToshio here.
Imran said:
I do not nessecarily believe that any of the Pokemon are BL material, what I do want to see if all of them being thoroughly tested so that we, as a community, can reach the right descision about all of the controversial Pokemon.
Thats why I think too so without further ado, here's my list:

Offensive Characteristic
A Pokémon is uber if, in common battle conditions, it is capable of sweeping through a significant portion of teams in the metagame with little effort.
Raikou:
Raikou actually has some counters, which are kinda reliable. But Raikou can easily destroy an opponent team due to its Speed and attacking Power. If your Raikou counter has been gone, Raikou will rampage through the team in a not-so-great way and the bad thing is, you couldnt do anything about it =c. I dont know why, but many people used the SubCM set which could be easily getting rid of. I was more scared by offesive CM or SpecsKou, both of which could dispose of their designated counter.

Raikou is by far not a monster like Garchomp was, but its pretty easy to play with and it'll take a good chunk out of you before leaving the battlefield.

Defensive Characteristic
A Pokémon is uber if, in common battle conditions, it is able to wall and stall out a significant portion of the metagame.
Spiritomb:
This one isnt broken too, but its very hard to beat since it has no weaknesses ( although it has crappy defenses ). It can severely annoy your team with either moves like WoW or simply the fact you cant kill this bastard who just doesnt die ! Its probably more subjective but Spiritomb is so hard to kill down in UU where it can cripple the physical attackers and Calm Mind up ( I've always thought about WoW and CM on the same set, but thats unimportant. May not be a good reason for it to be banned but its seriously hard to kill.

Support Characteristic
A Pokémon is uber if, in common battle conditions, it can consistently set up a situation in which it makes it substantially easier for other pokemon to sweep.
Abomasnow:
Many stated why Abomasnow should be banned and I am agreeing with most of them. Snow Warning enables lots of advantages for you and a lot of disadvantages for your opponent.

First, there is the Hail itself, which damages every non-Icy-type Pokémon, dealing 6 % ( was 6 right ? ) to them and by that, removing the important Leftovers some of the Pokémon might carry, disabling the only recovery some of the Pokémon have. This cant be compared to Sand Storm since every team in OU is guaranteed to have a Steel-, Rock-, and / or Ground-type Pokémon in their team, while there are just a dozen of Ice-types in UU, all of which lose 25% when SR is in play, making them rather unattractive ( there will be one Ice-type Pkm in a team at most).

Furthermore, Hail grants the Ice-types to spawn 100% accurate Blizzard, which are extremely hard to stop ( like Glaceons ). Something like Glaceon freely spawning Blizzards ( if Hippopotas or weather inducers are used ) is kinda scary.

The last point is that many abilities are triggered when Hail is in play. The most famous example is Walrein who gets incredibly increased strength ( stall ) in Hail through Ice Body ( which he gets together with Glalie ). Then there are the occasional Snow Cloak Pokémon Glaceon and Froslass, two Pokémon which can be merciless if you miss to hit them.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Crobat:
Crobat is undeniably one of the best leads in UU. It can support the team in many ways and it almost gives the player using it an important advantage from the beginning every time.

With Taunt, Crobat gets ahead of many leads he encounters, almost always going first due to his above avarage speed. It cant be flinched too ( his ability ) which gives it another advantage.

But what makes me put it in here is how easily it can set up any weather and it doesnt even matter if its Rain Dance or Sunny Day as Crobat can effectively use both. And unlike the likes of Bronzong, who just went B00m after the weather move, Crobat can just U-turn to the counter / sweeper. This works almost every time and Crobat can just switch in later too. The SR damage is just half bad since Roost can heal it off.

Results
UsainBolt: Raikou | Borderline Rejecting, rather vague. Spiritomb | Borderline Accepting. Abomasnow | Borderline Rejecting, rather vague. Crobat | Borderline Accepting. (2 noms)

Double Checking:

Spiritomb - I wish you backed up your reasoning more, with damage calcs or something. This is strictly Borderline since you have the structure, just not enough details.

Crobat - see Spiritomb

I'll toss my two cents in, although I may not be as experienced nor are my essays of that good quality.

My nominations are going to the Support and Offensive catagories, as Stall may be perfectly viable, it's not downright broken. Something like Clefable is annoying, but it can be beaten out despite its bulk. So I hold off on that for a little while.

SUPPORTING:

I got three in the catagory support. Two of those being Abomasnow and Snover, who in my opinion go together. Why, you ask? If Abomasnow didn't have auto-hail tagged on to it, it would have been an interesting Pokémon, not warranting a ban given its mediocre stats, interesting movepool and type combination and huge amount of weaknesses. But simply due to that instant hail, it becomes too good. This is also why Snover should go with it - its not the stats that make it too awesome. As interesting as Abomasnow is in the meta, its not about him. The problem lays as outlined above a few times - very low amount of viable hail-resisters outside of hail teams, the huge power Blizzard gains in the hands of something like Glaceon, the easy spike setup by Froslass who pairs it with a powerful move (that same blizzard), the annoying stall by Walrein...in the end, Hail harms the metagame too much, IMHO. Sad as it is, it should go, leaving the hail team members as viable but lesser used Pokémon (Froslass is still awesome without hail, Scarf Glaceon is still very painful to face, Walrein is a rather good tank in its own right, and so on).

After that, there is Crobat. Crobat is in its very own speed tier in this metagame, and although one could say there is Electrode, that thing generally doesn't do a lot more but setting up rain. Crobat is therefore almost achieving what Deoxys-S did; it essentially messes with the speed in the game in a way. Then, there's the amount of tricks it has up its sleeve. It may not set up spikes or anything but it will prevent you from laying down yours, it can hypnotize you, it can stall you a bit with Roost, it can U-Turn to chip off some health and get safe switches in, it can Brave Bird for pretty heavy damage...it's versatile. Maybe a bit too much for its own good.

Now, my two attackers.

Staraptor is just nuts. NUTS I say. It's a powerhouse that is just impossible to hold off for too long in UU, particulary due to its access to Close Combat. While somewhat compareable birds like Swellow or Dodrio just get laughed at by most Steels and Rocks, Staraptor can CC them for a big amount of damage, potentionally 2HKOing stuff like Steelix. That is just nuts. Coupled with Intimidate and a few handy immunities, it can come in relatively well. Then you could say that with all the recoil it tosses at itself with Brave Bird and Stealth Rock it will kill itself, but in general it will do more damage then it ends up taking. It also has U-Turn to just nab quick bits of damage, and if that's not enough, it can also take a defensive route banking on Intimidate and Roost. A pure monster that should be stopped immediately. Although when it does, Gallade might need a second look as well, although I think he isn't such a problem due to his low speed and a few other checks.

The other attacker is Typhlosion. It's sad since I really like the hedgehog-thing, but certain sets that are a near-guaranteed 2HKO on pretty much ANYTHING in the game (Sun-boosted Specs Overheat is just silly) make it broken. You could say Flash Fire it, but Houndoom and Ninetales are nowhere to be seen, and Arcanine tends to be an Intimidator. The setup granted with Crobat and a few other very viable sunny day users, particulary when Abomasnow is gone, is silly. Sunny Day setuppers that also benefit from the sun (I saw Jumpluff recently, thats odd) may not be the fastest, they are certainly a threat on their own (Exeggutor anyone?). Granting Typhlosion to a Sunny Day team...is just murder. There are other good fires available in the afformentioned Flash Fire Pokémon, as well as stuff like Moltres or Camerupt, let them be the fire star of the Sun team.
ScarfPhlosion is deadly in its own right but suffers from a few problems, mainly the much lower power, that is. Still, it doesn't do favors to its UU cause.

Finally, there is a little tidbit I should note. In the event of both Staraptor and Crobat getting the banhammer, Gallade should definitely be looked at again. Crobat happens to be the only thing he doesn´t outspeed with a Scarf when Adamant (And Electrode, but...) and it won't do too much to Crobat, and Staraptor acts as some form of check as well. If both of these are gone, Gallade might just be too much. Might. I'm not too sure.

Results
LouCypher: All | Rejected. Far too vague and didn't even both using the characteristics effectively (0 noms).

Offensive

Staraptor
:
Staraptor is sort of like Tyraniboah in ADV; you need a specialized counter that is otherwise dead weight to stop this thing. People are using max hp/def luxray like it's going out of style for pete's sake. SR weak, but capable of 2HKOing anything, even many resists. It can also be bulky with roost and intimidate. The clincher is Close Combat, which is a practically perfect counterpart to that insane Return.

Raikou:
It isn't as bad as i thought it would be (mostly thanks to Chansey), but Chansey is beyond broken. Abomasnow, another fine counter, is also suspect. With all of its best counters either already OU or most likely soon to be BL and its ability to conveniently sweep most nUU teams regardless of what the future holds, Raikou is definitely worth nominating.

Shaymin:
Its only two counters are Crobat and Chansey and both are extreme suspects. Absolutely decimates anything else (with the exception of Regice, although it still wins). It can even beat Chansey with a bit of luck. Seed Flare is what breaks it.

Defensive

Clefable
:
Was suspect all along, and nothing has changed. Magic Guard is too good and its movepool is too huge. Easily pairs up with a ghost to deal with the majority of what could threaten it. Those defenses combined with all the stat-up moves, recover, and immunity to passive damage makes the sigh of relief after killing this thing able to knock down skyscrapers. You can't even set up against it to counter its own effortless setup thanks to encore.

Chansey:
Chansey is no different than Blissey, and Blissey is obviously too strong for UU. Almost impossible to bring down.

Support

Abomasnow
/Snover:
While not broken on their own, NUU is helpless against the hail team in my experience. Stallrein is insanely effective in nUU, and subbing froslass is extremely hard to deal with in an environment without scizor and metagross. I do not believe that froslass is suspect without hail.

Crobat:
I was iffy on nominating this because it's difficult to explain exactly why it's broken, but it has to at least be voted on. Its speed and resists combined with moves like taunt, hypnosis, roost, u-turn and brave bird make it too much for the environment to handle. Not enough counters, and any that do appear just get put to sleep.

Results
Rai: All | Rejected, too vague & bad reasoning. (0 noms).

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Offensive Characteristic
A Pokémon is BL if, in common battle conditions, it is capable of sweeping through a significant portion of teams in the metagame with little effort

Staraptor
: As has been previously noted in this thread, Staraptor's combination of power, speed and surprising durability due to Intimidate allow it to sweep entire teams with little effort. It's ability to 2hko everything in the metagame except Luxray (and it can 2hko Luxray when factoring in Stealth Rock and Hail) makes it exceptionally dangerous, and even worse it can destroy the vast majority of UU Pokemon using only one move, its powerful STAB Return/Frustration. To keep Staraptor from sweeping, a team needs either a dedicated counter (which essentially means Luxray, since Steels fear Close Combat) or a faster revenge killer. As LonelyNess has astutely reminded us, if all you can do to a Pokemon is revenge kill it, it has already done its job.

Defensive Characteristic

Walrein: The most common battle condition to be found in UU at the present time is Hail. Hail has come to dominate the UU metagame, and no Pokemon benefits more from it than Walrein. With Hail, Walrein's Ice Body ability allows it to regenerate 1/8 of its health each turn, and combined with Protect, Substitute, and Roar allows it stall out the vast majority of the metagame with relatively little setup; it has one true counter (Clefable), but this counter is the only one capable of consistently beating Walrein in Hail once it has a Substitute.

A little must be said about my choice to nominate Walrein rather than Abomasnow. Technically, I think that given the wording of the DC and the SC, either could become BL, but not both at the same time. Just by entering the game, Abomasnow sets up the "common conditions" that allow Walrein to meet the DC. However, no other Pokemon is boosted so greatly by Hail as Walrein is, raising the question of whether we should simply consider Hail as "common battle conditions", and ban Walrein on the basis of the Defensive Clause.

Results
reachzero: Staraptor | Accepted. Walrein | Accepted. (2 noms).

Double Checking: Staraptor - rejected. Not nearly as detailed enough and i felt as if it was mostly fluff.

Walrein - Accepted. Short, concise, straight to the point.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reasoning completed. I have listed all my Suspects.

Abomasnow: I've been feeling, for much longer than any of the others, that this guy is broken, and thusly, this is the (possible) suspect that I feel most strongly about. Abomasnow does not, it is true, have the stats of Raikou, Shaymin or Registeel, other (possible) suspects, and the danger he presents from direct offence is negligible, although his movepool is a great asset to his claims of superiority, boasting the presence of powerful STAB moves like Wood Hammer and Blizzard (which pairs nicely with his ability), useful STAB moves like Ice Shard, and an excellent movepool in both physical and special terms to boot. His defences, too, are nothing to write home about; despite being able to wall to a certain extent Raikou and non-HP Fire Shaymin, as well as having adequate defences for the average pokemon, his typing rather lets him down as a defensive pokemon, granting him four resistances at the expense of seven weaknesses (including a massive Fire weakness), each easily exploitable without unnecessary moves my almost all the top sweepers of nUU. His 'reliable' recovery move (Synthesis) is negated by his own hail, and he therefore has to rely on Leech Seed for fast healing. So we come to the final 'segment' of official smogon standards of uberyness, the Support Factor. Aside from Leech Seed and Light Screen, Abomasnow's movepool offers little in the way of Team Support. So we arrive at the final factor, Abomasnow's ability. Snow Warning, which summons perma-hail, is nearly impossible to stop in nUU without Tyranitar ruining your fun, and Hippopotas being scarcely seen. Abomasnow can ruin (or at least severely handicap) weather teams by simply switching in. I haven't tried out a hail team myself (yet) but I've seen it used in battle more times than anything else, and it isn't so much the Yeti himself, as the way he helps his team. Some of the old UUs, like Froslass and Walrein, profit as much as anything can from a weather effect, by utilising Hail to its fullest. They have exploitable weaknesses, but the fact is that they win battles for their user. All in all, in my opinion, Abomasnow is more than worthy of the classification of Suspect for the support it gives its team.

Raikou: Excellent Special attacker. Both its speed and its special attack are above average, with particular emphasis on the speed, since it is faster than Gengar. Raikou has fairly decent bulk to it, chiefly on its special side, and this allows it to come into certain pokemon, force switches, scout with Substitute and, in its own time, raise its stats with Calm Mind. The fact that so many Special Sponges in nUU (eg. Regice) are also specially orientated on the offensive as well, means that Raikou can, given time and the absence of Seismic Toss, make itself impenetrable to attack from Special moves and more than able to sweep, as very few things now outspeed it. Stand-alone variants have more difficulty, owing to an insufficient movepool, so more often than not Sub CM is a more viable option. Although HP Ice was used early-on to give excellent coverage, some have started using HP Ground to combat Steel-types (which gives things like Claydol and Sceptile an advantage when lacking Shadow Ball) and off of a considerable attack score makes a dent in nigh-on everything. If its movepool were a bit more substantial (or if it could make 101 HP Subs), it would be a suspect NQA, but in its present condition the case remains open. I believe that it can, assuming the correct Hidden Power is used, 2HKO every pokemon in nUU, barring Chansey, who is perhaps Raikou's best counter, but who offers a free switch-in for the heavy-hitting physical pokemon, and Registeel, who needs to run a fair amount of SpDef EVs to not be 2HKO'ed by +1 Thunderbolt. Although I have not run into much trouble with these, but there is the unmistakable feeling that it could quite easily sweep most of the teams in the metagame; my method of dealing with it has almost always been, when it switches in on Milotic, to spam Surfs until it gets bored of Substituting, fails to OHKO with Thunderbolt and Milotic (usually) kills (Recover off the damage later), or to simply Hypnotise it as it switches in (don't laugh, it works) and this 'fear', no doubt, accounts for the large number of Registeel, Chansey, and occasionally Regice hovering around, since many other specially-defensive pokemon in the current UU have much more difficulty taking it on.

Shaymin: 100/100/100 defences, and easy healing, courtesy of Natural Cure + Rest, make it defensively a force to be reckoned with. One should note that, for the most part, the sweepers of UU are much less defensively apt than Shaymin, which immediately steps it forwards as one of the 'better' choices. This is further reinforced by a special movepool that has increased dramatically after the introduction of the Platinum Move Tutors, meaning that Shaymin can utilise Earth Power to fight its Steel adversaries, as well as Air Slash to combat Bug and Grass-types, as well as not fearing Burns, Poison or Paralysis. Not only this, a phenomenally powerful STAB move with no drawback, other than low accuracy, pretty much defines Low Risk --> High Reward. Shaymin can also act as a Team Cleric; although unable to use Wish (and Healing Wish is a poor substitute) it can also utilise moves such as Leech Seed and Aromatherapy, although this is unpopular. Although it can be said that Shaymin is, for the most part, going to run the standard Seed Flare/Earth Power/Substitute/Rest sort of movepool (just that sort of guideline, not that exact set) the possibility of many different sets exists, as you may find out to your cost if you switch in your Chansey in the face of a Swords Dance variant.
Its speed is above par, its offense is above par, its defence is above par. It has a poor STAB choice, made up for by one of the best STAB moves. There are, really, no universal checks no Shaymin (save Crobat, since Psychic is uncommon on even Specs variants, and possibly Registeel). Shaymin would not be so bad if it could only do one of these things, but since it can do all of them, and above the current UU standard, that I deem it worthy of Suspect testing.

Results
Bugmaniacbob: All | Rejected. Mediocre really, lacked a lot of support. (0 noms).

Staraptor

It can 2HKO almost every pokemon in UU with Brave Bird, Return and Close Combat, and with its great speed and Intimidate, it's enough bulky to take down. Furthermore, it can use the U-Turn+Intimidate combo to be even more annoying, while a Life Orb set can use Roost to restore all its health lost from SR, Life Orb and Brave Bird.

Raikou

The Life Orb + Calm Mind set is a big beast, because only Chansey, Registeel and Regice can stop it. That's the reason why I think its overpowered: only three real counters, while theatening the rest of the tier... it deserves to be BL.

Thyphlosion

It has a too strong Eruption and a great speed to UU. Only Chansey can really stop it, and a Sub Punch set is the ban of Chansey's existence. We shouldn't forget that even Chansey is 2HKO'd by Thyphlosion with Max HP Eruption with Choice Specs under the sun.

Crobat

Do you fear Rain Dance or Sunny Day teams? Crobat is their leader almost always. Why? Because it can use Rain Dance or Sunny Day with 130Speed, with good defenses, Roost, and U-Turn. While Electrode just sets the weather and Explodes, Crobat can come back again and again. Furthermore, the Nasty Plot set is a real pain, but the support one is the most difficult to fight.

Shaymin

Seed Flare is really annoying, and with Rest + Natural Cure, when you think that it's dead, it comes again with full HP!!. Its stats are too bulky and dangerous to UU, and Earth Power and HP Ice give great coverage with Seed Flare. In my opinion, it's too strong in every way to UU.

Results
Trust: All | Rejected. Poor attempt (0 noms).

Staraptor

Decent speed, very high-powered STAB attacks, Intimidate, Roost, and U-turn. Can hit very hard, can Subroost, and once again is fast. Is a freakin' powerhouse.

Crobat
This thing is the best lead, period. Taunt, no concerns about Fake Out, not bad defenses, the ability to Roost, etc. etc. The fact that it can come in over and over again and set up Weather is bonus, as it is incredibly versatile, has good defenses, and has a pretty powerful Brave Bird. U-turn is another bonus, as you can place a light hit and figure out your counters. Fits the Support Category from my opinion.

Results
Kay: All | Rejected. No detail, lacks support etc. (0 noms).

Ambipom
Fits two categories in my opinion.

Offensive Characteristic
Flinch and Flee is deadly 2HKOIng almost anythign non-resistant, with Life Orb thrown on it can severly dent Steels with Brick Break, and Pursue Ghosts with Pursuit or Payback. CB Return or Double Hit will break even the bulkiest of opponents.

Support Characteristic
You can't counter Ambipom due to a 361 Spe U-Turn allowing you a easy switch to Counter their so-called counter. It has Taunt and is fast enough to make use of it; allowing easy U-Turn to a set-up sweeper or Choice User.

Results
Tucker: Ambipom | Rejected, no real detail or reasoning. (0 noms).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)