Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ah, that should be good enough, I would hope. I guess what I need to do is go through, get an initial seed feed it to the JP program and then compare the pid of a few eggs to what I get out of that. I'll do that now. Would like to verify that I am providing what that program wants as an initial seed, ya know?

(and part 1 of that program is basically for doing an IV->Seed calculation, similar to what I do. Part 2 shows a list of of RNG seeds going backwards from that point and you're supposed to use that to choose an absolute initial seed to feed his PID generator. I think you're using my stuff for steps 1 and 2).

Omg I'm sorry. If you get the info again and want to try again, I can give you the number. Or you can wait for me to verify that it works with me getting a shiny.

Don't worry about it, it's fine. I'm gonna give it a break for a bit and see if I can get the Japanese app to download. I'll probably give it another shot tomarrow. Good luck.

Hey guys I'm back. Did you work out how to find the Initial seed from the scented pokemon's seed? and also I didn't mention it before but you should adjust your IRN to reach the desired one -1 because the last seed is consumed as the egg is laid at the day care.

one point off the friendship checker and one more off the coin flip app...that's what the article suggested.
EDIT : by the way I still haven't understood If at this point someone has figured how to determine the initial seed

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Jonny -- I think I have a handle on getting the initial seed, but I am feeding it to JP application (and the one before and after it) and not coming up with anything quite yet. Once I use any of these seeds I am still not able to find the pid of the egg that I just caught, so it's a bit discouraging.

Jonny -- I think I have a handle on getting the initial seed, but I am feeding it to JP application (and the one before and after it) and not coming up with anything quite yet. Once I use any of these seeds I am still not able to find the pid of the egg that I just caught, so it's a bit discouraging.
do you mean hatched egg or caught pokemon?
Now that I think of it...one method to determine the initial seed could be to hatch the first egg and check its PID...Is it possible to find out the PID with the nature-ability-gender information? or you need the gender value to form the pid?
by the way I'm going to read and translate the article once more to see how this is done with the JP program

mingot

free agent
do you mean hatched egg or caught pokemon?
Now that I think of it...one method to determine the initial seed could be to hatch the first egg and check its PID...Is it possible to find out the PID with the nature-ability-gender information? or you need the gender value to form the pid?
by the way I'm going to read and translate the article once more to see how this is done with the JP program
I meant hatched.

But I do catch a pokemon first to help me locate my initial seed.

Well what I do is take the IVs and nature of a captured pokemon and use this to find the SEED (might be more than one) and then use the year, month, date, hour, and minute to start searching backwards with a reversed RNG to find one that meet the criteria (cycling through 0-59 seconds and a 0-36000 delay variable) and then basically put together a list of probably canidates for initial seeds. It's very easy to see which one was yours because it's always offset by about -50 frames and has a delay of around 600.

It works pretty nice, you should download it.

(and honestly figure out what the shit step 2 is and how they are determining it...:P)

I'm not at home so I can't explain this as well. I know how to use the jap app. On the first section bottom right, insert ids and starting seed, have both boxes checked, and click the one box with opens a list in notepad with the shiny list. I think eggs don't have the same shiny as wild pokemon.
said boxes are there if your're using diffferent nationalities partents and/or want only shiny PID results. I don't know which is for what but if you checked them both be sure you're using parents of different nationalities because this affects the shiny probability

I meant hatched.

But I do catch a pokemon first to help me locate my initial seed.

Well what I do is take the IVs and nature of a captured pokemon and use this to find the SEED (might be more than one) and then use the year, month, date, hour, and minute to start searching backwards with a reversed RNG to find one that meet the criteria (cycling through 0-59 seconds and a 0-36000 delay variable) and then basically put together a list of probably canidates for initial seeds. It's very easy to see which one was yours because it's always offset by about -50 frames and has a delay of around 600.

It works pretty nice, you should download it.
mmm of course I downloaded it :) but I still have the feeling that there's something missing. the action of sweet scent and a wild encounter also consume one seed each...Shouldn't this be taken into account when going back through the reversed RNG?

mingot

free agent
FUCK YEAH :) No shiny, but I can find pids using my initial seed that I get from RNG reporter. Jonny clued me in with the checkbox for the international parents. There is a checkbox above the bottom right button that says pid. Uncheck that shit unless you have international pokemon. SO. Now I plan to work on figuring out how the hell to generate that bred pid list for myself.

FUCK YEAH :) No shiny, but I can find pids using my initial seed that I get from RNG reporter. Jonny clued me in with the checkbox for the international parents. There is a checkbox above the bottom right button that says pid. Uncheck that shit unless you have international pokemon. SO. Now I plan to work on figuring out how the hell to generate that bred pid list for myself.
team work ftw!

I got one !!!!!!

ok thanks to jonny and everyone else.

Take the frame that gets a shiny, divide it by 12. take that number -1, thats how many times you need to double tap app 6.

The remainder of your ( number / 12 ) -1 equals how many time you need to flip the coin.

ex.

mine was 1192. 1192/12 = 99 R4

So double tap app 6, 98 times and flip coin 3 times.

mingot

free agent
So was there any deduction for switching applications or the one for the egg itself or just straight up take the number, divide by 12 and then do remainder on coin flip?

IE. Why only 98 taps of the happiness application? Also, I assume you're double tapping on empty space and counting the jumps?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)