Monotype Monotype Fall Seasonal II - Round 3 (Losers Bracket)

Larry

formerly Leru
is a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion

Banner by Zarif
Approved by Paleo and Eien

Welcome to the second installment of the Monotype Seasonals! This tournament is the second tournament of the Season! Entering and winning in this seasonal earns you points for an overall Monotype leaderboard. After four seasonals, the top 16 players on this leaderboard will enter a seeded playoffs, where the winner of the tournament will become the Monotype champion!

SPECIFIC RULES:
  • This is a standard Gen 7 Monotype tournament
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown, on the Main or SmogTours servers.
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, the game will be coinflipped regardless of whoever won.
Aegislash, Arceus, Battle Bond, Baton Pass, Blaziken, Damp Rock, Darkrai, Deoxys, Deoxys-A, Dialga, Genesect, Gengarite, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Hoopa-U, Kangaskhanite, Kartana, Kyogre, Kyurem-W, Lucarionite, Lugia, Lunala, Magearna, Mawilite, Medichamite, Metagrossite, Mewtwo, Palkia, Pheromosa, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Salamencite, Shaymin-S, Smooth Rock, Solgaleo, Tapu Lele, Terrain Extender, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zekrom, Zygarde
Please note Landorus-I, Deoxys-D, and Deoxys-S are allowed

Monotype Sample Teams

Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Baton Pass Clause: Baton pass is banned
  • Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type, both before and after Mega Evolution
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Moody Clause: Moody is banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Fire-type" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Round 3 matchups made by Shadestep
[15:48] Shadestep: please do give me a shoutout tho
[15:48] Shadestep: and tell everyone how much you love me

terrors vs. Attribute
xFRZ vs. zugubu royale
JKSm vs. Ikey
Mysterious M vs. Haruno
KingPiloswine vs. Wanka
Aminith vs. Casparov
RIPMyLifeFIR vs. Santu
EricSaysHi vs. Soap_In _My_Eyes
Vodoom vs. InfernoMonferno
TheImcaness vs. Pak
Jase Duken vs. Isotonex
iLlama vs. Zaker
Lotus Wincon vs. Dlanyer
Twix vs. GotCookies
Escoffier vs. Eien
Sabella vs. Shine Drive
Dondyxd vs. JeromeSeiko
Holy Break vs. Infectrix
neomon vs. Hayburner
YRN vs. Bushtush
MiyoKa vs. Izaya
GoldenTorkoal vs. Ur Boi UT
KevinELF vs. Mr. Miner
StarBlim vs. dusk raimon
HNBL vs. King Billu
NLSlayer21 vs. Garry2Scary
Bluxio vs. didi
Algeria4Ever vs. Trichotomy
Sun vs. Crashy
Luckyboy123 vs. Megazard
EonsGalaxy vs. Lax
Alpha-Harpreet vs. Zukushiku

Extension deadline is Wednesday October 25th 11:59PM GMT-4
Round two deadline is Sunday October 29th 11:59PM GMT-4

POST YOUR REPLAYS OR I WILL COINFLIP YOUR SERIES

Last edited by a moderator:
terrors vs. Attribute - both are goats but gonna have to give it to att
xFRZ vs. zugubu royale - stay fruity
JKSm vs. Ikey - don’t know either of these too well but always going with the guy with the cooler name
Mysterious M vs. Haruno - see above
KingPiloswine vs. Wanka - double-u-oh-ay
Aminith vs. Casparov - cooler name
RIPMyLifeFIR vs. Santu - cooler name
EricSaysHi vs. Soap_In _My_Eyes - Eric has an advantage playing an opponent who can’t see
Vodoom vs. InfernoMonferno - he’s not as bad as the capmon with the same name
TheImcaness vs. Pak - honestly don’t know the other player too well so this is a bit of a wild guess
Jase Duken vs. Isotonex - same as above
iLlama vs. Zaker - no comment
Lotus Wincon vs. Dlanyer - can easily see this guy getting the activity W. can’t wait for the 30 min prep video.
Twix vs. GotCookies - chips ahoy vs twix? I got chips
Escoffier vs. Eien - will be a pretty fun match but to be fair can’t really see escoffier winning
Sabella vs. Shine Drive - better player
Dondyxd vs. JeromeSeiko
Holy Break vs. Infectrix - don’t know other player too well
neomon vs. Hayburner - roasts starblim for playing NU but he’s here oml..
YRN vs. (Loser of Leru vs Bushtush) - think whoever loses wins
MiyoKa vs. Izaya - will be a good match but I got izaya
GoldenTorkoal vs. Ur Boi UT - another good game imo can go either way
KevinELF vs. Mr. Miner - “kelpie”
StarBlim vs. dusk raimon - don’t know other player all that well
HNBL vs. King Billu - should be another good match
NLSlayer21 vs. Garry2Scary - which Garry will we be seeing?
Bluxio vs. didi - played him last round, definitely think he’s a good player and can win
Algeria4Ever vs. Trichotomy - better player
Sun vs. (Loser of Waszap vs Crashy) - depends on who loses
Luckyboy123 vs. Megazard - haven’t seen him play much mono so kind of a blind pick
EonsGalaxy vs. Lax - yes
Alpha-Harpreet vs. Zukushiku - good match, but I think Zuku can win

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
terrors vs. Attribute - It's gonna be a spooky match but my boi will scoot right through.

xFRZ
vs. zugubu royale - He has x in front of his name I'm surprised this man isn't staff yet, x, WoA, SoA we out here.

JKSm
vs. Ikey - I don't like how the other guy's name makes the Radiant Hero's name sound cute...

Mysterious M vs. Haruno - Plays FE.

KingPiloswine vs. Wanka - King Piloswine may be cold but not cold enough to cool down the chorizo...

Aminith vs. Casparov - WTF?

RIPMyLifeFIR
vs. Santu - Pickin my boy against knock off Santa.

EricSaysHi
vs. Soap_In _My_Eyes - Picking Eric because last time I picked against him he bitched at me for picking against him and won. Wonder if reverse will work here Soap_In_My_Eyes is my dark horse to win it all. Eric gonna complain about bad plays when he gets Stevie Wonder'd OML.

Vodoom
vs. InfernoMonferno - You can't beat something that isn't even real.

TheImcaness vs. Pak - If it was the "Incaness" I might pick the other guy.

Jase Duken vs. Isotonex - Sounds like isotoner and iirc you can use that to WIPE OUT a lot of mistakes no bad plays just bold predictions.

iLlama
vs. Zaker - /s

Lotus Wincon vs. Dlanyer - When your name is wincon and you lost. :triumph:

Twix vs. GotCookies - Not picking left or right twix this time fuck all y'all.

Escoffier vs. Eien - Wtf he lost well better take a Great Leap Forward past all that hax and RNG.

Sabella
vs. Shine Drive - Bout to eat this man's team's booty like groceries.

Dondyxd vs. JeromeSeiko - WTF?

Holy Break vs. Infectrix - Ask holy people what happened when they got hooked up with that yung bubonic he's about to infect you all.
neomon vs. Hayburner - Going to burn the hay and neomon sounds like some white supremacist Digimon.

YRN vs. (Loser of Leru vs Bushtush) - Gang gang.

MiyoKa vs. Izaya - Durararararararararararararararara.

GoldenTorkoal
vs. Ur Boi UT - Mans has submitted more DPP Mono teams than I know what to do with.

KevinELF
vs. Mr. Miner - Kelf bout to BUST open that pocketed bagged milk.

StarBlim
vs. dusk raimon - dusk is probably on drugs as I'm writing these predictions.

HNBL
vs. King Billu - Mono isn't even a real tier. Neither is loser's bracket.

NLSlayer21 vs. Garry2Scary - Change your name to MLSlayer21 and I'll pick you next time.

Bluxio
vs. didi - "Have you seen what the esteemed Lotus League is doing? MPL doesn't even matter kappa" - Dethroner

Algeria4Ever vs. Trichotomy - Lowkey nothing to say here tbh.

Sun vs. (Loser of Waszap vs Crashy) - Gonna crash all your hopes and dreams.

Luckyboy123 vs. Megazard - Probably will use some combination of PU mons to meme the competition.

EonsGalaxy vs. Lax @gay abusive mods

Alpha-Harpreet vs. Zukushiku - Zuku is one of the nicest people whenever I figure out who knocked him out of winners bracket I'm going to ban tf out of them.

Since I don't have a match this week

xFRZ vs. zugubu royale - Always a favorite to win
Vodoom vs. InfernoMonferno - I wasn't even gonna predict this match up, but he might have felt left out if I didn't
TheImcaness vs. Pak - He shouldn't have any bad luck left to stop him
Jase Duken vs. Isotonex - Don't let up now
MiyoKa vs. Izaya - ex-Arbiter showdown, fun match up, but I'm rooting for Izaya
KevinELF vs. Mr. Miner - Not this early please
Sun vs. (Loser of Waszap vs Crashy) - Rooting for whoever wins between these two
Alpha-Harpreet vs. Zukushiku - Let's go, Harp!

I'll take a crack at this prediction whoring:

Escoffier v Eien: Eien is definitely the better player, but hax and RNG are ruthless creatures, and they'll make sure escoff takes the dub
Holy Break v Infectrix: This is pretty much only cuz I've seen Infectrix play more, and he's pretty good, but who knows
Lotus Wincon v Dlanyer: Same thing, I've never heard of the other player, and even if i did, i'd still think wincon would win (con)
terrors v Attribute: Subroost Kyurem
Jase Duken v Isotonex: Didn't Isotonex say he was dropping out in the last round?
EonsGalaxy v Lax: He brought Pilo Ice last round, so I feel like this is an obligation

terrors vs. Attribute - H/L match, going w/ terrors seeing how hes bodying this gen
xFRZ vs. zugubu royale - xatu & shell smash he already won
Mysterious M vs. Haruno
KingPiloswine vs. Wanka - goat
Vodoom vs. InfernoMonferno - vodoom cant win games for the life of him
TheImcaness vs. Pak
Jase Duken vs. Isotonex - my boi gonna bring some HEAT
iLlama vs. Zaker -
Lotus Wincon vs. Dlanyer - that excel file sheet on a random player will be so deathly that i'll be shook if he doesnt ff r1
Twix vs. GotCookies
Escoffier vs. Eien - escoffier would be good but he purposely brings shit teams for god knows what reason
Sabella vs. Shine Drive - been away from mono but still goat
Dondyxd vs. JeromeSeiko
YRN vs. (Loser of Leru vs Bushtush)
MiyoKa vs. Izaya - H/L match, except both are trash
GoldenTorkoal vs. Ur Boi UT
KevinELF
vs. Mr. Miner - give him the Jr.
StarBlim vs. dusk raimon
HNBL vs. King Billu - lmao
Bluxio vs. didi
Algeria4Ever vs. Trichotomy - i rmr this name
Sun vs. Crashy
Luckyboy123 vs. Megazard
EonsGalaxy vs. Lax
Alpha-Harpreet vs. Zukushiku

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)