Monotype Battle of the Week! - Phase 1 Week 3 - Paleo vs. Scpinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
All right guys lets get on with week 3 of battle of the week! Commence the nomination stage! Remember to nom THREE users from the community in this stage.

My votes: iVid, 6TI, Anttya

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Also I won vs my man The Thorn 2-0 in one good game and one totally based on matchup.
g1 http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/origin-monotype-330032 Electric v Psychic

So looking at this matchup to start i felt a bit threatened by victini hoopa and gardevoir as i didnt have very good switch ins to them and victini while i did have rotom forces a ton of my mons out. Luckily the sets I had on Ampharos and Thundy helped a ton in this match and I knew they would if i could get thundurus in as much as i could. One key turn for me was turn 11 where I was able to double knock off jirachi preventing him from getting rocks up. Turn 13 was unfortunate for thorn bc i crit him on a volt switch putting him in range of knock off next time thundurus came in and in range of a tbolt from amphy (ill explain later). Turn 18 was a bit of a weird turn but a very important one. This was the calc of knock on latios which was at 90% 68 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Latios: 263-309 (87.9 - 103.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock. Im not sure why i didnt just kill of the Lati but regardless him living actually won the game. He chose to recover the next turn as i saved my 2% thundy so that i could either kill gardevoir late game or kill victini after using v create. So he chooses to draco one more time as i volt out with my rotom and i go into ampharos on turn 22. This is where i won the game i stayed in my regular form knowingg i survive draco and clicked agility. He sent in victini I agilitied again ensuring I outspeed everything which I believe i did at +2 but I knew i easily lived two v creates. I then just clicked tbolt and dpulse and swept the rest of thorns weakened team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/origin-monotype-329999 fairy v dark

Not much to say here I clicked super effective attacks and won. There was one crucial turn. Turn 15 I knew if he used swords dance the game was over so I used flamethrower w clefable to put bisharp in aj range from azu. After that i clicked SE attacks and won.

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also I won vs my man The Thorn 2-0 in one good game and one totally based on matchup.
g1 http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/origin-monotype-330032 Electric v Psychic

So looking at this matchup to start i felt a bit threatened by victini hoopa and gardevoir as i didnt have very good switch ins to them and victini while i did have rotom forces a ton of my mons out. Luckily the sets I had on Ampharos and Thundy helped a ton in this match and I knew they would if i could get thundurus in as much as i could. One key turn for me was turn 11 where I was able to double knock off jirachi preventing him from getting rocks up. Turn 13 was unfortunate for thorn bc i crit him on a volt switch putting him in range of knock off next time thundurus came in and in range of a tbolt from amphy (ill explain later). Turn 18 was a bit of a weird turn but a very important one. This was the calc of knock on latios which was at 90% 68 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Latios: 263-309 (87.9 - 103.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock. Im not sure why i didnt just kill of the Lati but regardless him living actually won the game. He chose to recover the next turn as i saved my 2% thundy so that i could either kill gardevoir late game or kill victini after using v create. So he chooses to draco one more time as i volt out with my rotom and i go into ampharos on turn 22. This is where i won the game i stayed in my regular form knowingg i survive draco and clicked agility. He sent in victini I agilitied again ensuring I outspeed everything which I believe i did at +2 but I knew i easily lived two v creates. I then just clicked tbolt and dpulse and swept the rest of thorns weakened team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/origin-monotype-329999 fairy v dark

Not much to say here I clicked super effective attacks and won. There was one crucial turn. Turn 15 I knew if he used swords dance the game was over so I used flamethrower w clefable to put bisharp in aj range from azu. After that i clicked SE attacks and won.
This right here is why this project is awesome. Top level stuff. That battle was fun to watch guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)