Metamons!

Name: Smeargle
Stats: 85 / 100 / 85 / 100 / 85 / 100 ( 555 BST)
Typing: Normal / Fairy
Abilities: Trace / Technician | Protean (HA)
Other Modifications: Sketch works the same in battle but reverts back to Sketch at the end ( no longer allows it to learn every move ). Z-Sketch still boosts all stats 1 stage.
Movepool Additions:
Physical: Play Rough, Double Edge, Quick Attack, U-turn, Brick Break, Throat Chop, Shadow Claw,
Special: Hyper Voice, Moonblast, Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere, Vacuum Wave, Psychic

How does this fulfill the concept?: This Smeargle is an offensive pivot and has several traits that help it hold a team together. First, it has revenge-killing ability thanks to strong coverage and prioirity. It can also serve as a win condition with Swords Dance or Z-Sketch. It has decent bulk to check faster attackers, although it's more focused on revenge killing than switching in. Finally, it has Stealth Rock and Taunt to let it serve as a hazard setter or hazard lead, and Healing Wish for a possible Protean Scarf set.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I just want to post this in case I'm doing something wrong with this. Is there a limit to how many moves I can add? This particular case will require a lot.

WIP
Name:
Smeargle
Stats: 95 / 95 / 95 / 95 / 95 / 95 (570 BST)
Abilities: Protean
Movepool Removals: -Sketch,
Movepool Additions:
WIP

How does this fulfill the concept?: First of all, Sketch does NOT promote a "team glue" pokemon, it promotes a "cheese with the game's most broken moves" pokemon. "Team Glue" is almost always a pivot, and if not it's at least something with some switch-in ability. In fact what's normally meant by team glue is "checks a lot of attackers and has good switch-in opportunities". Therefore, I'm rebuilding Smeargle from the ground up to more of that type of pokemon. I'll try to keep it flavorful.
There's not really a set limit to how many new moves you can add. Even if there was, I'd think the fact you're essentially totally rebooting Smeargle's movepool by removing Sketch is more than enough to justify an exception.

A spreadsheet has been added to the OP! This should give us some better visualisation of the stats we're working with atm
I notice that all the speed stats are mostly grouped towards extremes, in that theyre all either in the 50-60 range or above 100. This is something Id like to see addressed in future slates, spread the slates around more.

Also, going into new slates (not this one since its already started), Id like to see submissions address the existing pokes wherever possible, whether that be posting calcs to prove the bulkiness/sweepiness of a particular submission or just addressing which pokemon in the meta can beat it atm. Regardless, after the next slate (the one after the current one) I'll see about getting the meta coded and we'll have a playtest of sorts, which should be fun. Thank you all for participating so far, we couldnt have done it without your amazing submissions!

So last time I had a theme going. So this time I've also got a theme going. Defensive mind games.

Name: Avalugg
Stats: 105/117/154/44/86/28
Typing: Ice/Steel
Abilities: Punching Bag/Fire Forged/Sturdy
Other Modifications: Fire Forged - Takes no damage from fire and raises lower defense stat.
Punching Bag - Draws Fight moves towards it and restores up to 25% hp.
Ice Whirl - Ice type rapid spin.
Movepool Changes(if any): Ice Whirl, Stealth Rocks
How does this fulfill the concept?: Still Ice type. With unblockable spin, Avalugg plays mind games. Which quad weakness will you aim for? Flip that coin. Avalugg can feign one ability by switching out of a fighter only to make the enemy think its not a punching bag. Ice/Steel still isn't great defensively, but an immunity to a 4x is nice to mindfuck with.

Name: Bastiodon
Stats: 90/32/168/47/143/25
Typing: Rock/Steel
Abilities: Sturdy/Punching Bag/Dirt Chew
Other Modifications: Dirt Chew - Absorbs ground moves healing 25%.
Movepool Changes: Mirror Coat, Knock Off, Shore Up
How does this fulfill the concept?: I actually lowered its physical attack. How's that for defensive focus. Bastiodon is also mindfuckery this time with immunities to Ground or Fight. It doesn't provide spikes switchin immunity but if an enemy uses spikes while you're switching into a dirt chew, you will block them. The ability you choose can wall so much. Most dragons have quake but not fight moves. Or go fight immune to dead end something like Hawlucha. Even if it SDs in to max, Acrobatics is a 4hko.

Stats: 95/50/75/50/75/95
Typing: Normal
Abilities: Art Imitates Life
Other Modifications: Art Imitates Life -Becomes the type combo of the first two moves in its set. (This like that one meta where your typing becomes that of your first two moves.)
Movepool Changes: No
How does this fulfill the concept?: Being able to be any type makes this pokemon very splashable. It can even be single type by setting your move order as 2 moves of 1 type in 1 slot. Its defenses aren't great, I mean they're decent, sure, but if you pick a great typing you can overcome that hurdle. The question is, what moves do you choose? If you need a dragon, what dragon move with you honestly use on 50 attack stats? Ghost moves aren't that splendid either. Its bug and grass moves like Spore and Sticky Web, are great, but horrible as a defensive typing. This thing is so versatile yet let down by a stat total under 500. Steel is never a bad defensive typing but what steel moves will Smeargle actually use other than possibly King Shield. Choose Roost if you need ground immunity, or Shore Up if you need Electric immunity, or take both. Work with it carefully to craft its typing. And beyond that it's a more durable Smeargle with a controllable type. If that's not a pokemon that can fit on most teams easily (which iirc is a glue if my understanding is correct.) It's still not an offensive beast but it can do more than set hazards and die now. It can pivot if it needs to.

So as we can see, the theme here is mind games, and to a lesser extent dual steel types overcoming quad weaknesses. Smeargle is pure mind-game

In truth the stats can be altered to balance things out; I don’t care as long as the ability set remains the same. Especially for smeargle to be that one mon with any type and any move.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
So last time I had a theme going. So this time I've also got a theme going. Defensive mind games.

Name: Avalugg
Stats: 105/117/174/34/86/18
Typing: Ice/Steel
Abilities: Punching Bag/Fire Forged/Sturdy
Other Modifications: Fire Forged - Takes no damage from fire and raises lower defense stat.
Movepool Changes(if any): Ice Whirl, Stealth Rocks
How does this fulfill the concept?: Still Ice type. With unblockable spin, Avalugg plays mind games. Which quad weakness will you aim for? Flip that coin. Avalugg can feign one ability by switching out of a fighter only to make the enemy think its not a punching bag. Ice/Steel still isn't great defensively, but an immunity to a 4x is nice to mindfuck with.
I'm a little wary about this Avalugg. Upon taking a look at our current roster, Delphox stands out to me as the only thing that can consistently break through it, and even then it has to take a 50/50 between Focus Blast or Fire STAB, with the wrong move choice potentially allowing it to be demolished by Earthquake. Unlike your Bastiodon, this doesn't suffer from passivity in the slightest: I could actually see this being pretty absurd in Trick Room with Gyro Ball and such. IMO chop its physical defense way down (30-40 points) and put some of that into Speed and Special Attack to make it less min-maxy.

Why are people making significantly buffed smeargles when Smeargle with just 95 speed would already be a cheese offense staple
With the only change being +20 speed it would be a suicide lead, right? I mean that’s nifty and all but we already have faster web and hazard setters who might not die to an unStab Quick Attack.

No expert here, just asking if as you suggest, 20 speed alone would make it an offensive threat, or as I assume you actually mean, a good Pokémon to ease your setup sweeper in with.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
With the only change being +20 speed it would be a suicide lead, right? I mean that’s nifty and all but we already have faster web and hazard setters who might not die to an unStab Quick Attack.

No expert here, just asking if as you suggest, 20 speed alone would make it an offensive threat, or as I assume you actually mean, a good Pokémon to ease your setup sweeper in with.
20 speed alone would make it a premier suicide lead- the issue with buffing Smeargle is that it’s best role will always be lead (due to its endless movepool) so unless one was to vastly buff offensive stats, which would just create a shell smash Espeed bot, Smeargle will always be a cheese suicide lead with sketch. Being frail means nothing when it’s leading with sash and has exclusive access to sticky web and a currently unblockable spore

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Fire Forged - Takes no damage from fire and raises lower defense stat.
I’m pushing back against abilities like these: mons don’t need a bunch of immunities to be good, and with 105/154/86 bulk, a Steel typing, and reliable recovery, this is certainly not the case. At the very most, only provide the immunity.
It doesn't provide spikes switchin immunity but if an enemy uses spikes while you're switching into a dirt chew, you will block them.
That’s not how Storm Drain/Lightning Rod works, so Dirt Chew would not work like this either.

plus dirt chew sounds dumb af how does a mon become immune to eq by chewing dirt lmao

Very unnecessary; Rapid Spin works just as well, and would probably make stall overcentralizing.

or just add a ice immune lando t XDDDDDD

Stats: 90/32/168/47/143/25
Can we stop the minmaxing? It had good bulk already, and now it’s bulkier than Registeel along with recovery.

So as we can see, the theme here is mind games, and to a lesser extent dual steel types overcoming quad weaknesses.
This theme is inherently flawed - mindgames are cool and all but it only works out on setup sweepers. Walls can’t do much to punish a misplay other than set hazards or Toxic something, so that kind of approach won’t be successful.

also lol at the steel avaluggs losing their niche in checking ground types

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
This theme is inherently flawed - mindgames are cool and all but it only works out on setup sweepers. Walls can’t do much to punish a misplay other than set hazards or Toxic something, so that kind of approach won’t be successful.
Personally, I think Avalugg has the Attack stat to actually use the concept pretty well. I also feel the minmaxing is justified on Bastiodon since that was already minmaxed to hell and it kinda needs it to compensate for its passivity. As for the whole Ice/Steel Avalugg issue, I feel we gotta wait until playtesting before we make judgment on whether that's OP or not. Until then, just vote for non-Steel variants when voting begins.

Speaking of which, I'm prolly gonna start voting tomorrow. The bulk of our regular submitters' submissions have already happened.

In truth the stats can be altered to balance things out; I don’t care as long as the ability set remains the same. Especially for smeargle to be that one mon with any type and any move.
That’s my stance on all this. If Avalugg or Bastiodon now has too much HP or defense to take it from untiered to Ubers then alter as needed, afterwards. I assume there will tweaking slates.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Voting time!

Avalugg: Anaconja, Yung Dramps, Demon Dragon
Bastiodon: Anaconja, Yung Dramps, Dilasc
Smeargle: Scoopapa, Yung Dramps, Dilasc

Avalugg: Anaconja, Demon Dragon, Yung Dramps
Bastiodon: Anaconja, Yung Dramps, Dilasc
Smeargle: Scoopapa, Yung Dramps, Dilasc

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Voting shall end in 10 hours, give or take. Stay tuned for some very exciting news when the end of voting is called!

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Voting has ended! Let's take a look at our winners.

Avalugg: Uh oh! This one's a tie between me and Anaconja's submissions. If anyone wants to swoop in and break said tie, feel free to do so. As for the other two mons...

Name: Bastiodon
Stats: 65/47/148/47/148/45 (500 BST)
Typing: Steel
Abilities: Filter/Sand Stream
Other Modifications: N/A
Movepool Changes(if any): +Seismic Toss, +Slack Off
How does this fulfill the concept?: Bastiodon's versatility comes from its ability to support the team with sand, chipping many other walls, setting rocks, and phazing.
Sample Set:
Bastiodon @ Smooth Rock / Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream / Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Toxic / Roar
Stats: 85 / 100 / 85 / 100 / 85 / 100 ( 555 BST)
Abilities: Trace / Technician | Protean (HA)
Other Modifications: Sketch works the same in battle but reverts back to Sketch at the end ( no longer allows it to learn every move ). Z-Sketch still boosts all stats 1 stage.
Movepool Additions:
Physical: Play Rough, Double Edge, Quick Attack, U-turn, Brick Break, Throat Chop, Shadow Claw,
Special: Hyper Voice, Moonblast, Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere, Vacuum Wave, Psychic

How does this fulfill the concept?: This Smeargle is an offensive pivot and has several traits that help it hold a team together. First, it has revenge-killing ability thanks to strong coverage and prioirity. It can also serve as a win condition with Swords Dance or Z-Sketch. It has decent bulk to check faster attackers, although it's more focused on revenge killing than switching in. Finally, it has Stealth Rock and Taunt to let it serve as a hazard setter or hazard lead, and Healing Wish for a possible Protean Scarf set.
Now, for the big announcement! Our next slate is gonna be our last slate before we look into getting this meta coded and play-tested. As such, we figure we'd end "Phase 1" with a bang!

This slate is going to be a pseudo-FFA slate. I say pseudo-FFA because while you can choose your own set of Pokemon to convert into viable candidates for this meta, they must be one of or a combination of the 4 remaining unrepresented types in Metamons: Grass, Ground, Fighting and/or Bug.

You don't have only the option to buff a formerly useless mon, either. For the first time, we are allowing you to nerf non-mascot legend Ubers and top tier OUs to make them a part of Metamons! Some viable candidates for this treatment include vanilla powerhouses like Pheromosa, Landorus-Incarnate, Shaymin-Sky, or even Kartana and Landorus-Therian. Adding one of the 4 types to a submission that doesn't normally have it is perfectly acceptable too.

Whatever you decide to bring in for this slate, just make sure it fits in with and expands on your choices' original niche(s). If someone else submits a mon you wanted to do, don't sweat it: Just focus on making your version unique. 2-3 submissions (maximum 4) are recommended to cover the all the needed types. Good luck, have fun submitting, and maybe vote in the Avalugg tiebreaker while you're at it!

Wait so Bastiodon, who has no hands or bipedalness, can learn SToss but let’s all get enraged about trying to consider giving a glamorous dinosaur quiver dance?? But hey it’s much more reasonable than chewing dirt to heal from ground moves.

Not trying to stir the pot so to speak, but is there something I’m not getting here?!

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Wait so Bastiodon, who has no hands or bipedalness, can learn SToss but let’s all get enraged about trying to consider giving a glamorous dinosaur quiver dance??
Y'know, I uhh... I can't really argue with you there. The only other quadrupedal Pokemon that gets Seismic Toss in vanilla is Arceus, which probably could produce a Seismic Toss by virtue of being god. We can probably just replace it with a custom clone like my sub's Dragon Rage or something similar if that's OK with Anaconja.

As for the whole Dirt Chew thing, I think the reason it was taken issue with was because of the weird Spikes absorption thing. The name's kinda silly imo, but it gets the job done.

now vote for tiebreaker pls

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Voting for Anaconja
Reserving Kartana for Grass, Landorus-I for Ground, and Pinsir for Bug / Fighting
Hey there! First off, you already voted Anaconja's Avalugg as your first choice. I've always managed tiebreaker votes by waiting for someone to change their original vote to give one of the tied a lead, or for someone who hasn't voted yet to come in and upset the balance. Also, you don't need to reserve your choices for this slate :]

Oh, sorry, I was not aware of that, but thanks Dramps, and I will make my submissions now so this isn't a stupid one-liner post:
Grass (Kartana):

Name: Kartana
Concept: Pokemon that uses a defensive typing offensively
Stats: 73 / 127 / 103 / 47 / 61 / 79
Typing: Grass / Steel
Abilities: Beast Boost / Hyper Cutter
Movepool Changes(if any): +Slash (i know it's useless but how does it not get this?!), +U-turn
Other Modifications?: Hyper Cutter: Boosts power by 1.3x on slashing moves (Cut, Slash, Night Slash, Leaf Blade, Sacred Sword, etc.) (-ate abilties clone)
Cut: 70 BP, Steel-type, hits Grass-types super effectively (Freeze-Dry clone)
How does this fulfill the concept?: Kartana is basically like it was in standard OU, except it has an actual Special Defense stat so it doesn't get hurt by a Toxapex's Scald LOL, and it now has a great ability for Swords Dance sets in the buffed Hyper Cutter, which can allow it to muscle past bulky threats like Avalugg and Bastiodon. Cut is now a reliable Steel-type move that can now hit the other planned Grasses that would otherwise wall it, and U-turn was added as a nice pivoting option on Choiced sets to not lose momentum.
Sample Sets:
Swords Dance (Kartana) @ Grassium Z / Steelium Z / Fightinium Z
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Cut
- Sacred Sword

Choiced Attacker (Kartana) @ Choice Band / Choice Scarf
Ability: Hyper Cutter / Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Cut
- U-turn

Ground (Garchomp):

Name: Garchomp
Concept: A Pokemon that succeeds using low BP moves
Stats: 88 / 118 / 72 / 65 / 72 / 85
Typing: Ground / Dragon
Abilities: Sand Veil / Technician
Movepool Changes(if any): +Ice Fang, +Thunder Fang, +Knock Off, +Draco Strike
Other Modifications?: Fang moves: nerfed to 60 BP to make use of Technician
Draco Strike: 40 BP, Dragon type, Physical, +1 Priority
How does this fulfill the concept?: Garchomp is now a powerful wallbreaker thanks to its access to Swords Dance and Technician and two great STABS that get boosted by it in Bulldoze and Dual Chop, as a bonus, the latter also breaks subs. Furthermore, the Fang moves now become powerful 90 BP Fire, Ice or Electric moves to knock out a specific threat, and Draco Strike gives it a powerful form of priority to revenge kill a weakened threat.
Sample Sets:
Swords Dance (Garchomp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bulldoze
- Dual Chop
- Draco Strike / Fang moves

Bug / Fighting (Pinsir) seriously how did it not have this typing in the first place?!

Name: Pinsir
Concept: Physical Bug-type that uses its abilities to overcome a poor defensive typing
Stats: 70 / 115 / 100 / 55 / 75 / 90
Typing: Bug / Fighting
Abilities: Sap Sipper / Moxie / No Guard
Movepool Changes(if any): +Megahorn, +Gunk Shot
Other Modifications?: N/A
How does this fulfill the concept?: Pinsir is a very threating wallbreaker and/or sweeper that manages to get around its trash typing by using the combination of its Fighting STABs excellent offensive power and a choice of three great abilities, Sap Sipper to wall Grass-types, Moxie to snowball into a powerful wrecking ball, and No Guard to abuse its inaccurate moves which it'll use most often. Oh, and it got Gunk Shot for coverage against those pesky Fairies and Megahorn for a new STAB THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN IN THE FIRST PLACE, SRSLY WTF GAMEFREAK?!
Sample Sets:
Choice Band (Pinsir) @ Choice Band
Ability: No Guard / Moxie / Sap Sipper
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Gunk Shot

Swords Dance (Pinsir) @ Buginium Z / Life Orb
Ability: No Guard / Moxie / Sap Sipper
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge / Gunk Shot / Earthquake

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Name: Chesnaught
Concept: Bulky Offense with Support options
Stats: 88 / 107 / 122 / 74 / 75 / 68 (534)
Typing: Grass/Fighting
Abilities: Overgrow, Iron Barbs
Movepool Changes(if any): +Circle Throw, Counter, Seismic Toss, Synthesis
Synthesis: 16 PP
Other Modifications?:
How does this fulfill the concept?:
Similar to Delphox it hasn’t been changed a whole lot sans some ability and move changes. That said, it can perform its previous role better now with some new tools.

Name: Pheromosa
Concept: Glass Cannon
Stats: 71 / 122 / 37 / 122 / 37 / 121 (510)
Typing: Bug/Fighting
Abilities: Wonder Skin, Limber
Movepool Changes(if any): -Drill Run, Ice Beam
Other Modifications?:
How does this fulfill the concept?:
With these changes, Pheromosa can now be beaten more easily by scarfers, as well as getting walled pretty handily by Salazzle and Bulk Up Swellow. The loss of Beast Boost also prevents dumb snowballing scenarios. Despite this, its speed and strength are still way above average, and it can make the foe second-guess as to whether its physical or specially-based.

Name: Stunfisk
Concept: Bulky Ground type with Water-based elements
Stats: 106 / 66 / 94 / 94 / 99 / 56 (515)
Typing: Ground/Electric
Abilities: Static, Water Absorb, Swift Swim
Movepool Changes(if any): +Aqua Ring, Hydro Pump, Liquidation, Parabolic Charge, Soak, Volt Switch, Waterfall, Whirlpool
Parabolic Charge: 80 BP, 16 PP
Other Modifications?:
How does this fulfill the concept?: Its bulky, can heal and pivot and has ways to surprise foes with Water techniques.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)