Metamons!

Oooh, this looks compelling, I'll give it a shot (don't be too harsh, this is my 1st time)

Name: Electrode
Stats: 70 / 90 / 80 / 90 / 80 / 140
Typing: Electric / Water
Abilities: Soundproof / Static / Drizzle
Movepool Changes(if any): +Liquidation, +Scald, +Surf, +Hydro Pump, +Rapid Spin
Other Modifications?: None
How does this fulfill the concept?: Electrode can now be a fast lead pokemon for rain teams due to its high speed and Drizzle, allowing its new Water moves to do some good damage. Not only that, but it can also spin hazards away as well, which helps since many rain teams are often grounded.
Electrode @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Taunt
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch / Explosion

Name: Aurorus
Stats: 105 / 70 / 70 / 118 / 95 / 72
Typing: Rock / Electric
Abilities: Volt Absorb / Sturdy / Galvanize
Movepool Changes(if any): +Boomburst, +Power Gem, +Wild Charge, +Volt Switch, -Aurora Beam, -Avalanche, -Blizzard, -Freeze-Dry, -Frost Breath, -Powder Snow
Other Modifications?: N/A
How does this fulfill the concept?: This becomes a very powerful wallbreaker, shooting out Galvanize-boosted Boombursts to OHKO all non-Electric resists, and for Ground-types that come in to block it, it still retains Ice Beam to hit them hard. Oh, and it can now pivot with Volt Switch.
Sample Set:
Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Galvanize
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid / Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power
(Hey, isn't this the set for Xurkitree in BH?) :blobthumbsup:

Name: Tyrantrum
Stats: 88 / 120 / 92 / 51 / 80 / 91
Abilities: Strong Jaw / Magic Guard
Movepool Changes(if any): +Knock Off, +Dragon Hammer, +Accelerock
Other Modifications?: Dragon Hammer is now a Dragon-type Double-Edge clone
How does this fulfill the concept?: MAGIC GUARD HEAD SMASH BOIIIIZZZZ!!! Now it can spam Head Smash and the revamped Dragon Hammer without recoil, switch in on hazards and Toxic, and run Life Orb! It also gained a new form of priority in Accelerock as well.
Sample Set:
Tyrantrum @ Life Orb
- Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- Dragon Hammer
- Earthquake / Knock Off / Accelerock

Last edited:

Typing: Steel / Electric
Stats: 70 / 87 / 95 / 70 / 80 / 143
Abilities: Reckless / Aftermath | Volatile (HA)
Movepool Changes(if any): +Stealth Rock, +Iron Head, +Slack Off
Other Modifications?: Volatile - when this pokemon falls below 33% HP, it immediately uses the move Explosion
How does this fulfill the concept?: It explodes at unexpected times! There's pretty much nothing more exciting than that! In all seriousness, it's superb at leading off for a fast paced team as it can use Taunt and Stealth Rock with blistering speed and moderate bulk. Steel type opens up the option for more of a pivot role by giving it a lot of resists; that set would function as more of an Electric-type Crobat.

Typing: Ice / Rock
Stats: 180 / 120 / 95 / 65 / 55 / 45
Abilities: Sap Sipper / Pressure | Snow Warning (HA)
Movepool Changes(if any): +Slack Off, +Superpower
Other Modifications?:
How does this fulfill the concept?:
Absurd physical bulk, an ability that negates one weakness, and great offensive presence should be enough to make up for the fact that half of the opponent's team will be able to do double if not quadruple damage to it. It's still got bad SpD so it won't completely dominate every attacker that doesn't have a type advantage.

Typing: Rock / Dark
Stats: 155 / 110 / 90 / 70 / 60 / 75
Abilities: Strong Jaw / Pressure | Reckless (HA)
Movepool Changes(if any): +Slack Off
Other Modifications?:
I've seen attackers with Rock Head Head Smash + nonSTAB Earthquake a thousand times, and Outrage blows. Stronk Jaws Crunch gives a reliable secondary STAB and possibly no need for Earthquake, while a 155 base HP lets it run Head Smash without Rock Head. Besides, look at him and tell me he's not a bitey boy.

Who am I kidding, go Reckless and spam HEAD SMASH

Last edited:

Stats: 75 / 50 / 80 / 90 / 95 / 145
Typing: Electric/Fire
Abilities: Soundproof/No Guard (Aftermath)
Movepool Changes(if any): Inferno, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Fire Spin, Sunny Day -Volt Switch
Other Modifications?: None
How does this fulfill the concept?: As far as supporting goes, Trode here provides the shock and burn. Unlike say Mix and Mega's Pidgeotite ban, Electrode hasn't gained 65 special attack. Even off 95 SpAtk, it's not going to sweep anybody without a boosting move. Granted using Choice items is safer in a world without Arena Trap, but you really want the power to predict a switch and nail with the right status effect. You might even want to invest in defensive stats instead of offensive ones so you can spread more status. At best this is way to work around taunt. After all...

252+ SpA Electrode Zap Cannon vs. 248 HP / 232+ SpD Celesteela: 254-300 (63.9 - 75.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Not much of a sweeper, and and its new Fire typing gives it some new problems. Unlike Rotom of the same type, this thing isn't airborne. Any tremor kills it even with its boosted defenses and ability to burn (as it will often be faster)

But other than burning and paralysis, Electrode doesn't do much except maybe set up the weather or Screens. Accelgor has spikes and webs and can U-Turn.

That's right to take away this thing's risk of oppressiveness I'm removing its momentum! I'm not that crazy to leave no-risk, untauntable burn and paralysis without some sort of balancing act. It certainly gives it room for more support options, if you wanna try and stay positive.

Stats: 133/67/82/104/92/58
Typing: Rock / Ice
Abilities: Climate Change (Inverse battle effects for its defensive typing, although immunity is untouched)/Refrigerate (Snow Warning)
Movepool Changes(if any): +Boomburst, Spikes, Aurora Veil, Quiver Dance, Shore Up, Power Gem
How does this fulfill the concept?: The new ability doesn't technically break the garbage typing rule. Rock/Ice is still D tier a typing... just with a well utilized ability to compliment

All 3 abilities provide 3 very unique niches to hopefully incentivize consideration. Either you become a decent defensive mon quad resistant to fight and Steel with resists to rock, ground, water, grass... in exchange for weaknesses to poison, flying, ice and normal. I'd take that trade any day.

Or there's Boom Burst -ate (and I'm not the first submitter here for Boomburst -ate so don't single me out here!) and there's Aurora Veil and snow. 3 very distinct playstyles. 58 speed however is slow, but not slow enough for Trick Room abuse. Even with Quiver Dance, it's just too slow to abuse its respectable power. So Aurorus' best niche is that all 3 abilities have 3 very different countermeasures (Climate Change most especially) and that unpredictability is hopefully enough to carry it to OU.

Stats: 87 / 121 / 109 / 69 / 64 / 86
Abilities: Contrary/Strong Jaw (Magic Guard)
Movepool Changes(if any): +Dragon Hammer, Slack Off, Hammer Arm, Flamethrower, Leech Life, Wild Charge
Other Modifications?: Leech Life now boosted by Strong Jaw
How does this fulfill the concept?: Yes yes Magic Guard Head Smash. It's in like 2 other submissions. I wanna talk Contrary. With Super Power and Hammer Arm, there's great creeping power to get to a nasty Head Smash. There's also Contrary Draco Meteor... off 69 SpAtk with way less speed and support movepool than Serp and less Super effective hits than Grass (and an immunity type that walks all over it)

The Headsmash incentive is still there, as this mon can Contrary Superpower and Slack off the pain. Or you could Magic Guard DDance or use Strong Jaw to have Leech Life heal off your recoil. Not that many rock switchins take much from bug moves.

The thing about Tyrantrum is that the incentive is there, but enemies predicting and prepping for Head Smash might just get outplayed by another game plan.

Tuthur

haha
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Stats: 65 / 40 / 65 / 85 / 85 / 150 | 490
Typing: Electric / Ice
Abilities: Aftermath, Static | Snow Warning
Movepool Changes(if any): Weather Ball, Ice Beam, Aurora Veil, Frost Boom
Other Modifications?: Frost Boom is a Special Ice-type Self-Destruct clone.
How does this fulfill the concept?: Electrode is very fast pivot which can either run Choice Specs or Aurora Veil. It also has one of the best STAB combination in the whole game, tho it gets walled by Ampharos and has a no defensive utility. It will be a staple in most HO.
Sample Sets:
Electrode @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Frost Boom
- Volt Switch
- Taunt

Electrode @ Choice Specs
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Weather Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Frost Boom

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
OH JEEZ OH CHRIST I FORGOT TO START VOTING

Same rules as before apply

Electrode: Scoopapa, Yung Dramps, Anaconja
Aurorus: Scoopapa, Anaconja, Dilasc
Tyrantrum: Demon Dragon, Yung Dramps, Dilasc

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Electrode: Scoopapa, Anaconja, Yung Dramps
Aurorus: Scoopapa, Anaconja, Yung Dramps
Tyrantrum: Scoopapa, Anaconja, Yung Dramps

Last edited:
Electrode: Anaconja, Dilasc, Yung Dramps
Aurorus: Dilasc (Love this spin on the concept), Scoopapa, Anaconja
Tyrantrum: Yung Dramps, Demon Dragon, Scoopapa

Its cool to see all the different variations of Electrode and Aurorus that were submitted this slate btw. You guys did an amazing job of keeping things diverse and fresh while still staying true to the concept and heres hoping that trend continues in later slates. Special mention to Demon Dragon 's Electrode, which I wanted to vote for but it was redundant to vote for two weather based varieties on the same slate.

Electrode: Anaconja, Scoopapa, Yung Dramps
Aurorus: Anaconja, Scoopapa, Yung Dramps
Tyrantrum: Yung Dramps, Anaconja, Scoopapa

Cool ideas all around, but it seems like we have widely differing views on balancing this tier. I know we're just getting started, but we do already have one slate chosen. This gives us some idea of objective balance and I think some of the posters' submissions were insanely overpowered this time around.

anaconja

long day at job
I'm in agreement with Scoopapa - a lot of subs were broken here. Electrode was fine, but the other ones are clearly overcentralizing.

Stats: 88 / 120 / 92 / 51 / 80 / 91
Abilities: Strong Jaw / Magic Guard
Tyrantrum is already good due to Rock Head Head Smash, so why do you need Magic Guard? This pressures stall way too much.

Stats: 87 / 121 / 109 / 69 / 64 / 86
Abilities: Contrary
Man do I love a pretty fast wallbreaker with the ability to attack and boost up at the same time and also heal any damage it receives jajajajajaja

use Strong Jaw to have Leech Life heal off your recoil.
man do i love using a 120 bp non-stab move with a bad offensive typing to attempt to heal while i have slack off jajajajajajajajajaj

Stats: 105 / 70 / 70 / 118 / 95 / 72
Typing: Rock / Electric
Abilities: Galvanize
Movepool Changes(if any): +Boomburst
Abilities: Refrigerate
Movepool Changes(if any): +Boomburst
-ate Boomburst is a big no-no, especially with a higher SpA than Noivern (which wallbreaks very easily in AAA with 97 SpA)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Galvanize Aurorus Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 268-316 (38.1 - 44.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (Demon Dragon)
+1 252+ SpA Refrigerate Aurorus Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 246-289 (34.9 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (Dilasc)
On another note, how the hell does Aurorus use Quiver Dance, a move exclusively for graceful Bug-types with wings?

Abilities: Climate Change (Inverse battle effects for its defensive typing, although immunity is untouched)
Climate Change throws the whole point of the submission guideline out of the window - making a Pokemon effective despite its many weaknesses it has due to its typing. Now you have a 133/82/92 wall, more bulk than Mew, with like 7 resistances, and more versatility than many mons in OU. Why is this even approved?

In conclusion, if these submissions are voted for, they should immediately be nerfed.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
On another note, how the hell does Aurorus use Quiver Dance, a move exclusively for graceful Bug-types with wings?
That's another thing I wanted to touch on: A lot of the subs just aren't very thematically appropriate. The whole appeal of this mod to me is that unlike something like Clean Slate, which radically changes mons' flavor and function for the sake of viability, this one keeps to the designers' original intent while expanding upon it and making it work. Where the heck does Electrode get types like Fire, Water and Ice? Why does an ancient T-Rex mon get Magic Guard? And as Anaconja stated, why does a bulky Ice dino get Quiver Dance? While we should allow for creative changes, I feel blatantly nonsensical things like that should be kept in check.

Yeah, I see your point Ana, and Im sorry I wasnt available more this week to help veto some of the submissions. I should be available more freely next week though, so hopefully we can balance it out then.

Lilligant has quite the wingspan. I mean you can argue Auroras has the wing sails on its neck and is elegant. Either way 58 speed is... too middle of the road on its own to be effective. Not slow enough for TR, not fast enough without it even with a QD iirc.

Did I mention 58 speed isn’t sweeping and Contrary with 86 speed and 69 SpAtk is oppressive but 75SpA and 113 speed is okay? Honest question here. Yea okay it hits hard physically sure but 86 speed isn’t fast enough to sweep and if you wanna contrary boost you need 2 moves to power up, both fight type btw.

I fee your analogies are skewed. Mews movepool is endless and it’s far faster than Aurorus. It moves slow and if refrigerated it can easily be outsped and quad hit can it not? Do I need to call some fight types or steel typezs? It also has

I’m more a creator than a player.
Rather than snark and crassness, we could be less hissy in tone and convey far more.

Sometimes I think you wanna find the bad to skew votes.

All this said I don’t want to be enemies. I promise I don’t want drama.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
Lilligant has quite the wingspan.
Lilligant also looks like it has a dress and therefore can dance gracefully. Aurorus does not have a dress, and calling the sails on its head "wings" is ridiculous. Are you going to give it Fly then?

Either way 58 speed is... too middle of the road on its own to be effective. Not slow enough for TR
You know what's a super good Trick Room user and abuser? Magearna, which has 65 speed, and even Zygarde, which had 95 speed. As long as it underspeeds most walls after minimizing its EVs and IVs, it's good in Trick Room.

not fast enough without it even with a QD iirc.
Base 58 at level 100 with 31 IVs, 252+ EVs at +1: 354. (outspeeds base 110)

Did I mention... Contrary with 86 speed and 69 SpAtk is oppressive but 75SpA and 113 speed is okay? Honest question here.
You forgot the fact that Serperior has one shitty offensive type and barely any coverage moves, while Tyrantrum has two good offensive types and great coverage in Ground/Electric/Fighting.

86 speed isn’t fast enough to sweep and if you wanna contrary boost you need 2 moves to power up, both fight type btw.
You don't need Hammer Arm, if the meta adds a Sticky Web setter (which it very likely will).

Mews movepool is endless and it’s far faster than Aurorus.
I wasn't comparing Mew's movepool to Aurorus', although Aurorus has a couple moves that Mew doesn't (Haze and Spikes). And why the hell does speed matter if both are walls? Does Chansey need speed? Does Toxapex need speed? Does Quagsire need speed? Does Clefable need speed? Does Ferrothorn need speed? Does Sableye-Mega need speed? Why does speed matter if your job isn't to outspeed and hit first?

It moves slow and if refrigerated it can easily be outsped and quad hit can it not?
1) you gave it quiver dance
2) man do you ever let your wallbreaker get quad hit if you can prevent it
(you bring it in on passive walls and click boomburst repeatedly until something inevitably dies)

I’m more a creator than a player.
So not being experienced lets you sub broken stuff?

Sometimes I think you wanna find the bad to skew votes.
You are totally correct, let's let bad subs into the meta just for the fun of it!

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Leonard is right. Case in point...
Firstly, we are starting with a blank metagame. No existing Pokemon are usable in this hypothetical metagame, and as such it has no banlist, just the Sleep Clause Mod and the Species Clause.

So not being experienced lets you sub broken stuff?
Inexperience is absolutely a valid excuse for not submitting well-balanced pokemon. How many hours of play contribute to your sense of balance? It's probably more than you can realistically expect from everyone who wants to post here. In the future let's give these types pf criticisms before the vote starts, so people have a chance to change their subs.

Piggybacking on Anaconja's thoughts:
Anaconja said:
Tyrantrum is already good due to Rock Head Head Smash, so why do you need Magic Guard? This pressures stall way too much.
Ok, in hindsight, maybe Magic Guard was too OP. I now realize the ability to just spam LO Head Smashes w/o recoil was a bit too much. Unfortunately I can't nerf it now, but I'll try to keep my subs balanced next time.
Anaconja said:
-ate Boomburst is a big no-no, especially with a higher SpA than Noivern (which wallbreaks very easily in AAA with 97 SpA)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Galvanize Aurorus Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 268-316 (38.1 - 44.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
I thought that it would be balanced with its horrible typing and mediocre bulk and speed, but I do agree 118 SpA was a lot for an -ate Boomburst spammer. Letting it keep Ice Beam may have also been a little borked.
From now on I will try not to make my subs overly broken unless I have a specific reason for doing so.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
And now for our winners! If I did a fucky wucky with counting, lemme know.

Stats: 50/90/50/90/50/150
Typing: Electric/Dark
Abilities: Soundproof/Aftermath/Bulletproof
Movepool Changes(if any): +Knock Off, +Pursuit, +Zing Zap, +Dark Pulse, +Nasty Plot
Other Modifications?:
How does this fulfill the concept?: Electrode can Pursuit trap Psychics and Ghosts, even those with Focus Blast.
Sample Sets:
Electrode @ Choice Band
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Soe
Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Volt Switch

Electrode @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Soe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Typing: Ice / Rock
Stats: 180 / 120 / 95 / 65 / 55 / 45
Abilities: Sap Sipper / Pressure | Snow Warning (HA)
Movepool Changes(if any): +Slack Off, +Superpower
Other Modifications?:
Absurd physical bulk, an ability that negates one weakness, and great offensive presence should be enough to make up for the fact that half of the opponent's team will be able to do double if not quadruple damage to it. It's still got bad SpD so it won't completely dominate every attacker that doesn't have a type advantage.

Stats: 82 / 115 / 89 / 69 / 61 / 104 (520)
Abilities: Rock Head, Reckless, No Guard
Movepool Changes(if any): +Dragon Rush, Swords Dance, Wild Charge
Other Modifications?: n/a
How does this fulfill the concept?: It may be marginally weaker and way less physically bulky than its vanilla counterpart, but the immense boost to its speed (hopefully) more than makes up for that. Its trademark Head Smash now has a slew of new ways to be exploited. Pick your choice: No recoil, a further boost to its absurd damage output, or 100% accuracy alongside other neat coverage like Dragon Rush, Iron Tail and even Stone Edge for those Rock-weak foes that you don't need to expend HP on?
Sample Sets:
Sweeper (Tyrantrum) @ Rockium Z / Dragonium Z / Fightinium Z
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance / Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake / Superpower

Choice Scarf (Tyrantrum) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Dragon Rush
- Iron Tail / Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Earthquake

Choice Band (Tyrantrum) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head / Reckless
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake
- Outrage
Now take a look at who's next on the chopping block!

Banette
Concept: Ghost-type Physical Attacker

Restrictions:
-Must be Ghost type.
-Attack must be highest or second highest stat.

Delphox
Concept: Versatile Special Attacker

Restrictions:
-Stats and typing must remain the same.

Swellow
Concept: Flying-type Guts Abuser

Restrictions:
-Must be Flying type.
-Must retain Guts and have its exploitation be its primary niche.

Type: Ghost / Normal
Stats: 55 / 115 / 105 / 120 / 110 / 50
Abilities: Cursed Body / Insomnia | *Possessed (HA)
Movepool Changes(if any): +Quick Attack, -Calm Mind
Other Modifications?: Possessed - Ghost type -ate
How does this fulfill the concept?: Okay this is a little troll but I couldn't help myself. It is a physical attacker though, with 122 BP Ghost-type Returns threatening everything that isn't Normal or Dark type. That's where Normalium-Z comes in, giving you a one-time, powerful alternate STAB to smack them with. It has a lot of weird upsides and downsides balanced against each other; great typing, STAB, and power, but low speed and (somewhat) lack of dual STAB. It gets Trick Room so it's the beginnings of a core with Bronzong ( though they share a Dark weakness )

Type: Fire / Psychic
Stats: 75 / 69 / 72 / 114 / 100 / 104
Abilities: Mold Breaker / Quick Feet | Technician ( HA )
Movepool Changes(if any): +Psycho Boost, +Stealth Rock, -Grass Knot, -Thunderpunch
How does this fulfill the concept?: Technician gives it variable coverage with Hidden Power, its choice of Psychic STAB is a tradeoff of power vs. reliability, and it can set Stealth Rock or focus purely on offense. Both Choice items and Z crystals could work well for it. This is a very versatile attacker that can fill any type of special attacking role. It wants to spam Psycho Boost, but watch out for Electrode.

Type: Normal / Flying
Stats: 80 / 110 / 90 / 60 / 65 / 90
Abilities: Guts / Big Pecks | Gale Wings (HA)
Movepool Changes(if any): +Brick Break, +Knock Off
Other Modifications?: Big Pecks is now a Marvel Scale clone
How does this fulfill the concept?: It gets super powerful Guts boosted Facade to break walls with, as well as decent bulk and Roost. Brick Break and Knock Off should be adequate coverage without blasting past big dinosaur and rhinoceros things that should probably be able to beat Swellow. Big Pecks becomes a Guts-esque ability in the spirit of the concept, while Gale Wings is a niche that can suprise faster pokemon, but these are lower tier abilities compared to Guts.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job

Type: Ghost/Electric
Stats: 70/115/95/85/95/75 (535 BST)
Abilities: Cursed Body/Insomnia/Power Surge
Movepool Changes(if any): +Thunder Punch, +Ice Punch, +Hexing Claw
Other Modifications?: Power Surge: Merciless clone but with paralysis; Hexing Claw: Physical Hex clone
How does this fulfill the concept?: Powerful wallbreaker, although it relies on the opponents being paralyzed.
Sample Set:
Banette @ Life Orb
Ability: Power Surge
Adamant Nature
- Hexing Claw
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Wave

Type: Fire/Psychic
Stats: 75/69/72/114/100/104 (534 BST)
Abilities: Blaze/Regenerator
Movepool Changes(if any): +Focus Blast, +U-Turn
How does this fulfill the concept?: Can use Choice Specs, Choice Scarf, Life Orb, Z-Crystals, and Assault Vest well.
Sample Sets:
Delphox @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf / Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock / Psychic
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

Delphox @ Life Orb / Firium Z / Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock / Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Delphox @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Psyshock / Psychic
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

Delphox @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Will-o-Wisp
- Wish
- U-turn / Protect

Type: Normal/Flying
Stats: 80/105/75/75/75/125 (535 BST)
Abilities: Guts/Scrappy
Movepool Changes(if any): +Superpower, -Boomburst
How does this fulfill the concept?: Fast and powerful wallbreaker, although it can struggle with Ghost-types if not using Scrappy.
Sample Sets:
Swellow @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- U-turn

Swellow @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- U-turn

Gratz to the winners! I want to emphasize right now that after playtesting (Which should be hopefully when we have 15+ pokemon down, so another couple of slates) we will hold a nerf/buff slate for Pokemon that arent as balanced during playtesting as we would like.

As for my submissions:

Name: Banette
Stats: 80 / 115 / 95 / 75 / 65 / 106 (536 BST)
Typing:
Ghost / Fairy
Abilities:
Mummy / Vital Spirit / Aftermath
Movepool Changes(if any):
+Play Rough, +Shadow Bone, +Swords Dance
Other Modifications?:
None
Mummy is a woefully underexplored ability in standard, and one that I think Banette as a physical ghost type attacker would truly benefit from. With enough speed to be the fastest attacker in the metagame, it can prove troublesome for Pokemon that depend on their ability, for example our current Rock Head Tyrantrum. 115 without an insanely powerful attack or boosting ability is balanced, I believe, and its mediocre defenses mean it will usually be a hit-and-run revenge killer, rather than a powerful Swords Dance sweeper, but Banettes very good movepool alongside Mummy and Aftermath means it will often be a very disruptive attacker to an opponents team.

Will edit and add the rest later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)