Mergemons 2.0: 'Dex Merge! SEE POST #75 FOR A HUGE ANNOUCEMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting...I guess if we're doing complex bans this makes sense, but something tells me that this is taking it a bit far. Might as well ban Meleotta P altogether. I think that only Abilities and maybe signature moves should be taken into consideration with complex bans. Idk though, I need to think this through some more.

That's interesting...I guess if we're doing complex bans this makes sense, but something tells me that this is taking it a bit far. Might as well ban Meleotta P altogether. I think that only Abilities and maybe signature moves should be taken into consideration with complex bans. Idk though, I need to think this through some more.
That's a decent point, and I was considering banning Melo-P altogether. Then I realized that it probably isn't broken without setup.

leng loi

Twinkaton!
is a Tiering Contributor

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roar

This. Is. The. Shit. The insane bulk that these two share is only compounded upon by their typing. The amount of threats that these two handle is crazy. There are certain mons of course, that break this core down.

For example:

252 SpA Galvantula Energy Ball vs. 248 HP / 80 SpD Rhyperior: 456-540 (105.3 - 124.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Galvantula Bug Buzz vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Celebi: 348-412 (86.3 - 102.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Sheer Force Camerupt Scald vs. 248 HP / 80 SpD Rhyperior: 768-904 (177.3 - 208.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Sheer Force Camerupt Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Celebi: 402-474 (99.7 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

There are bound to be more, but regenerator cores plus the prevalence of unaware and status moves could make stall a VERY powerful playstyle, especially so after the proposed ban of Meloetta-P.

Scrappy Explosion should never exist period, let alone STAB 136 base attack explosion.

Mega-Lopunny
HighJumpKick/FakeOut/Explosion/SuckerPunch

I don't know why this wouldn't be S rank, as literally everything that resists Explosion falls to HighJumpKick, and vise versa.

Also, Jellicent with spore... I just don't want to think about that...

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roar

This. Is. The. Shit. The insane bulk that these two share is only compounded upon by their typing. The amount of threats that these two handle is crazy. There are certain mons of course, that break this core down.

For example:

252 SpA Galvantula Energy Ball vs. 248 HP / 80 SpD Rhyperior: 456-540 (105.3 - 124.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Galvantula Bug Buzz vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Celebi: 348-412 (86.3 - 102.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Sheer Force Camerupt Scald vs. 248 HP / 80 SpD Rhyperior: 768-904 (177.3 - 208.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Sheer Force Camerupt Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Celebi: 402-474 (99.7 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

There are bound to be more, but regenerator cores plus the prevalence of unaware and status moves could make stall a VERY powerful playstyle, especially so after the proposed ban of Meloetta-P.
>Uses Fridge Smash Walrein
>Everything (including this core) dies

+2 252 Atk Refrigerate Walrein Return vs. 248 HP / 180+ Def Rhyperior: 396-468 (91.4 - 108%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Refrigerate Walrein Return vs. 248 HP / 0- Def Celebi: 696-822 (172.7 - 203.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Also

>Using Gentle nature when Calm is an option

Also, any Ice-type tears that core apart. js

Last edited:

Typhlosion @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Speed/4 SpD
Timid Nature
Fire Blast
Scald
Energy Ball
Ice Beam

Manectric @ Leftovers
Ability:Pure Power
EVs: 252 Attack/252 Speed/4 SpA
Hasty Nature
Wild Charge
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Volt Switch

This is 2 sets i've been using lately Sheer Orb Typhlosion and Pure Power Mixed Mega Mane for those who didn't know typhlosion gets sheer force from feraligatr and gets really good moves to abuse them with he now gets scald and ice beam from gatr and energy ball from meganium it's really straightforward while mega mane gets pure power with base 75 attack and it's not too shappy and also medicham gave him a lot of moves both physical and special i used wild charge ice and fire punch and volt switch for scouting.

Last edited:

leng loi

Twinkaton!
is a Tiering Contributor
Um... I'm sorry to say, but wouldn't you be better off running Life Orb or Leftovers on Manectric? Pure Power isn't applied after mega-evolving, Manectric's ability is then changed to Intimidate.
Manectric @ Manectite
Ability:Pure Power
EVs: 252 Attack/252 Speed/4 SpA
Hasty Nature
Wild Charge
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Volt Switch

leng loi

Twinkaton!
is a Tiering Contributor
While I agree that Typhlosion could be a threat, Mega-Camerupt is a much more powerful sheer force mon, with similar and arguably better coverage. It has it's disadvantages, such as taking up a mega-slot - something that I personally usually fill with a Meloetta-P check - and it's speed. However, I don't see Pure Power Manectric being very effective. It seems great on paper, with BoltBeam coverage and one of the most coveted abilities in any OM, but until I run calcs I don't think that Manectric will make much of a mark on the meta. I also have a few problems with your set, and I'll give you an example of what I would use below.

Manectric @ Leftovers/Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Wild Charge
-Ice Punch
-Knock Off/Bulk Up/Substitute/Switcheroo
-Volt Switch

Ok, this might be a bit premature but I think we should start thinking about bans. First of all, huge power and pure power should be banned from passing. Too many pokemon are overpowered as hell thanks to this. Arena trap and shadow tag should also be banned. Mega Gardevoir might need a look at due to the fact it now gets quiver dance. Mega Metagross gets dragon dance, along with a much better fighting move in superpower. Hydregion is another pokemon that gets quiver dance that might need to be looked at. Volcarona already has quiver dance but now gains amazing coverage moves from hydregion. Tornadus and thundurus both get nasty plot and stab hurricane. Landorus and Kyurem both get sheer force sets with perfect coverage and rock polish, and fucking kyurem-b... oml. Keldeo suddenly gets coverage, making it very hard to counter. M-Diancie gets way better coverage along with dragon dance. All of these pokemon are amazing sweepers (at least in theorymon) and should probably be banned, or banned from merging if thats what we're gonna go with in this meta.

So did we decide on staying with 2.0 or starting 3.0? simsims2800 if you're moving on to 3.0 please start a new thread.
I would say that the decision is made on 2/7... but the vote is basically already decided. I'll start a new thread for 3.0 ASAP.

Edit: That might not be for a while, though. I have school...

Last edited:
Huge power/Pure Power obtainers:
Greninja: NO
Talonflame: NOPE
Bellosom: 80 atk not bad
Sudowoodo: 100 y'all
Sableye: 85 atk not bad
Aggron: Nope. Nope.
Manectric: God that's fast. No thanks.

At least half of the obtainers would be stupid strong, AND fast. Azumarill's allready top OU with 50 atk and no speed worth talking about. I think we can safely ban the ability overall from everything that doesn't naturally get it unless you really want to see Sudowoodo running around with stone edge of the gods.

Perhaps some initial quick bans, and a testing period for the weaker mons, at the very least.

Last edited:
Huge power/Pure Power obtainers:
Greninja: NO
Talonflame: NOPE
Bellosom: 80 atk not bad
Sudowoodo: 100 y'all
Sableye: 85 atk not bad
Aggron: Nope. Nope.
Manectric: God that's fast. No thanks.

At least half of the obtainers would be stupid strong, AND fast. Azumarill's allready top OU with 50 atk and no speed worth talking about. I think we can safely ban the ability overall from everything that doesn't naturally get it unless you really want to see Sudowoodo running around with stone edge of the gods.

Perhaps some initial quick bans, and a testing period for the weaker mons, at the very least.
Azumarill also has good HP, an excellent typing, STAB priority of an excellent type, and Belly Drum. That's a misleading comparison. Medicham has 60 Attack and better Speed, but until Mega Medicham came along nobody cared that much.

Greninja: Got banned from Ability Shift, although it took a while. On the other hand everything is powered up in Mergemons, so I'm not remotely convinced it's actually ban-worthy.

Talonflame: Has to give up priority, keep in mind. Quick Attack from Diggersby is not a replacement for Gale Wings Brave Bird, and Vivillon's movepool is not exactly an amazing boost for it. Quiver Dance is nice, but not synergistic with Huge Power.

Bellossom: On its own it only gets Leaf Blade and Drain Punch, which is a bit meh. However, it's getting Azumarill's movepool (So it can do the Belly Drum sweep, only it has more Attack) and also Ampharos' movepool, which actually adds a surprising amount of coverage, not to mention Cotton Guard.

Sudowoodo: Oh god it already has Sucker Punch innately.

Sableye: Its base attack is 75, not 85. Double-strength Foul Play that it gets STAB on (Yes I know Huge Power claims to double Attack but it still boosts the user's Foul Play), gets STAB Sucker Punch from Mawile (And Delcatty, actually), can already heal itself, has a superpowerful Fake Out... oh, and it gets Cosmic Power too, because Delcatty has it. So run a defensive Sableye with Cosmic Power and double-strength Foul Plays, as one possibility.

Aggron: I agree, mostly because it gets both Mawile's movepool and Medicham's movepool -so Swords Dance, Sucker Punch, and Bullet Punch are all within its grasp, meaning it doesn't even need to Rock Polish -it can just Swords Dance and start the murder. Or you can Rock Polish and go for the Head Smash sweep, either way.

Manectric: Ir gets Medicham's movepool and... Plusle's. 75 Attack is better than, say, Azumarill, and it has actual Speed, but Electric moves are crap Physically if you're not Zekrom, Kyurem, or Pikachu, and it's still going to be painfully fragile. I'm not that scared of it.

Talonflame has 126 speed. That's an amazing non mega speed tier to be carrying 522 attack. Pick your choice between adamant choice scarf or jolly choice band. They'll both smash or outspeed everything. The choice band Brave bird shreds a hideous 40% off of fully invested Defensive Heatran, pushing it out of safe switch in territory.
252 Atk Choice Band Huge Power Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Heatran: 147-174 (38 - 45%)

For some reason I thought Manectric had 115 speed, but it's just 105. It's not nearly as scary as I originally imagined.

Guys, I have a clause in mind: anyone with 81 or more Attack can't get Huge Power. (Same with anyone with 91 or over Atk OR SpA and Parental Bond, AND anyone with 81 or more Def and Fur Coat.) Anyway, Eevee General lock this thread once my new one is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)