Mergemons 2.0: 'Dex Merge! SEE POST #75 FOR A HUGE ANNOUCEMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally wouldn't be opposed to a complex ban with Contrary + Serperior, but banning Serperior would just be fine as well. It's definitely broken with all of the high power boosting moves it gets, especially since V-Create and Superpower give it defense boosts, making it harder to take down with priority or faster Pokemon.

yes ban serp contrary serp used to be bad in original since his moveset was lacking it now has much more moves including overheat superpower and v-create so yeah ban him

I'd rather do the complex ban, imo. Overgrow Serp is perfectly fine and not broken in the slightest. In fact, I might consider unbanning some 'mons that are only banned for their Abilities and just doing complex bans, like Blaze Blaziken or Sand Force Landorus-I.

I'd rather do the complex ban, imo. Overgrow Serp is perfectly fine and not broken in the slightest. In fact, I might consider unbanning some 'mons that are only banned for their Abilities and just doing complex bans, like Blaze Blaziken or Sand Force Landorus-I.
I'd say if you're going to complex ban a thing you should have a reason why the others are not broken but still viable.
Sep would probably be fine because it has V-Create/Leaf Blade/Earthquake/Coil but I'm not sure Blaziken or Lando gets enough to be viable without good abilities

I'd say if you're going to complex ban a thing you should have a reason why the others are not broken but still viable.
Sep would probably be fine because it has V-Create/Leaf Blade/Earthquake/Coil but I'm not sure Blaziken or Lando gets enough to be viable without good abilities
Are you kidding me? Blaziken gets Sceptile and Swampert's movepools, which are really good for a mixed attacker like Blaziken. Lando gets flipping KYUREM AND KELDEO, so it'll be fine.
Edit: Sheer Force Lando-I and Contrary Serperior are now banned, while Blaze Blaziken and Torrent Greninja are unbanned. Discuss.

Last edited:
looks really cool that's the problem with most mons they get banned cuz of a certain ability see protean greninja and speed boost blaziken while their other abilities aren't that much broken

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast/ Flare Blitz
- Ice Beam
- Leaf Storm

Remember walls?

Notable new moves: Cosmic Power, Earth Power, Extreme Speed, Recover, Judgment, Dragon Claw, Calm Mind, Roar, Ice Beam, Earthquake, Sludge Bomb, Stone Edge, Swords Dance, Rock Slide, X-Scissor, Poison Jab, Flash Cannon, Dark Pulse, Surf, Waterfall, Draco Meteor, Aqua Tail, Giga Drain, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Tailwind, Defog, Leech Seed, Leaf Blade, Coil, Leaf Storm, Dragon Tail, Glare, Pursuit, Knock Off.

So you forgot a few notable moves that are actually rather notable in refresh and spacial rend (not gonna mention dragon pulse cuz this is just better)

Victini actually seems terrifying lol. Something like

Victini w/ White Herb
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance

So it's not the best coverage ever and it's still resisted by Flying/Rock dual-types, and thus checked by Mega Aerodactyl. White Herb is to let Victini click V-create once without being weakened enough that it has to switch out. Swords Dancing just to switch out after two attacks might be a bad plan, especialy since it only gets to do it once. But at the same time, losing a wall to +2 V-create, only to have to sack something else to +2 V-create thanks to White Herb, could easily be very crippling to a team if/when Victini is able to switch in and set up. And if something manages to live the second V-create, Victini still has Extreme Speed available to it.

Are you kidding me? Blaziken gets Sceptile and Swampert's movepools, which are really good for a mixed attacker like Blaziken. Lando gets flipping KYUREM AND KELDEO, so it'll be fine.
But what set would blaziken run that's better than Flare Blitz/Close Combat/Brave Bird/Swords Dance which it already had and wasn't viable in most tiers in gen4.
Lando might be fine with a set of Earth Power/Secret Sword/Ice Beam/CM or something

tl;dr: keep blaze ban lando oughta be fine

But what set would blaziken run that's better than Flare Blitz/Close Combat/Brave Bird/Swords Dance which it already had and wasn't viable in most tiers in gen4.
Lando might be fine with a set of Earth Power/Secret Sword/Ice Beam/CM or something

tl;dr: keep blaze ban lando oughta be fine
there's no harm in unbanning Blaziken
also it doesn't get CC anyway

there's no harm in unbanning Blaziken
also it doesn't get CC anyway
HJK but the harm is that it's harder for newer players to get into mergemons because they'll think "Oh Blaziken's legal" and try to use speed boost but it'll tell them they can't use it(new players never fully read OP) and there's no reason to complex unban blaze because it's not really viable(outclassed by both infernape and emboar).
Ontop of this it's generally harder for coders to make complex bans and most of them hate adding them.

HJK but the harm is that it's harder for newer players to get into mergemons because they'll think "Oh Blaziken's legal" and try to use speed boost but it'll tell them they can't use it(new players never fully read OP) and there's no reason to complex unban blaze because it's not really viable(outclassed by both infernape and emboar).
Ontop of this it's generally harder for coders to make complex bans and most of them hate adding them.
Actually, the part where it says that Blaziken is legal also says that SB Blaze is banned.

Dude. The only place it says that Blaze is unbanned is the place that says that SB Blaze is banned. So most new players won't even know!

With Mergemons introducing more Stealth Rock setters, I'd like to talk about some of the new effective setters in the meta. Stealth Rock has a very wide distribution and there are many new and old viable users to choose from. These are ones that I noticed when teambuilding.
Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn / Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail / Toxic
Zygarde looks like a very nice defensive Rocks setter. Its Dragon Tail phazing allows it to get a few rounds of Stealth Rock damage on the other team and deals with switch-ins fairly well and it gets STAB Earthquake for decent offensive presence. U-turn is another great move for a Rocks setter to have to gain momentum on things that would love to switch into it and it helps to provide setup opportunities for its partners. Flygon can run a similar set with Roost or Rapid Spin/Defog on the last slot, though it has much less bulk than Zygarde.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive / Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin / Toxic / Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Recover
Milotic is another intersting setter since it can run Rapid Spin and Stealth Rock on the same set and it slightly deters Defog with Competitive. It also has reliable recovery so it can continue to provide support throughout the match. Offensive sets might be possible to fully abuse Competitive, but I need to look into that.

Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonlight
- Flamethrower
- Toxic / Thunder Wave
Ninetales @ Heat Rock / Focus Sash
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast / Thunder Wave / Healing Wish
Ninetales works as interesting sun support with Stealth Rock. I can go bulky now especially since it has Moonlight now (and maybe Softboiled) for reliable recovery. Offensive sets allow it to get the rocks up more quickly and do damage before switching out or dying. Healing Wish is notable for blocking Rapid Spins and Defogs while Thunder Wave can provide opportunities for Ninetales' teammates to get in. Focus Blast deals with Tyranitar and Heatran notably.

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald / Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Encore / Sleep Powder
- Scald
- Toxic / U-turn
Politoed also gets SR. Bulky offense sets can run Giga Drain to prevent some anti-rain Pokemon like Gastrodon from getting in its way while Defensive sets can make use of Sleep Powder to give teammates opportunities to get in. U-turn is useful on both sets.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Immunity / Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- U-turn / Defog / Earthquake
- Body Slam
Snorlax is a pain in the ass with reliable recovery and it has even more utility than just stalling with Stealth Rock. It can use Defog as well to act as the major hazard control for a team or U-turn for switches if Defog/Rapid Spin support is already covered.

That's not all, but teams have a ton of great options in Mergemons 2.0 to use for SR support.

Infernape @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast/ Flare Blitz
- Ice Beam
- Leaf Storm

Remember walls?

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 52 Atk / 204 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Growth
- Flare Blitz
- Solar Beam / Energy Ball / Ice Beam / Weather Ball / Fire Blast
- Earthquake / Aura Sphere / Weather Ball / Fire Blast

Calcs after a boost said:
+2 52 Atk Mega Charizard Y Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 559-658 (87 - 102.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 52 Atk Mega Charizard Y Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Sylveon in Sun: 409-483 (103.8 - 122.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 204 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 351-414 (91.8 - 108.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 204 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sableye: 261-308 (85.8 - 101.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
52 Atk Mega Charizard Y Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Clefable in Sun: 186-220 (47.2 - 55.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 204 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 522-616 (129.2 - 152.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 52 Atk Mega Charizard Y Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 596-704 (154.8 - 182.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 52 Atk Mega Charizard Y Flare Blitz vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Gliscor in Sun: 348-411 (98.8 - 116.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 204 SpA Mega Charizard Y Ice Beam vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 352-416 (110.3 - 130.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 204 SpA Mega Charizard Y Ice Beam vs. 216 HP / 228 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 356-420 (94.4 - 111.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO without Stealth Rock
+2 204 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Tyranitar: 586-690 (145.4 - 171.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 52 Atk Mega Charizard Y Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 16+ Def Filter Mega Aggron in Sun: 204-243 (59.3 - 70.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock AND pre-Mega Intimidate
+2 204 SpA Mega Charizard Y Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Altaria: 424-500 (119.7 - 141.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 52 Atk Mega Charizard Y Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Altaria in Sun: 143-168 (40.3 - 47.4%) -- 54.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Do I really need to calc Skarm, Ferro, or Forretress?
I don't either.
The only real problems with mixed Growth Zard Y are that it gets completely neutered when sun runs out or another weather switches in, it doesn't last very long, and base 100 Speed isn't that much. Still, it's a godly wallbreaker.

Sorry for the double post, guys, but this is HUGE regarding the future of Mergemons.

A little while ago, I attempted to submit a similar metagame to Mergemons in Merge Mania, which is basically Mergemons 2.0 with not only moves merged, but Abilities merged as well. However, I was given a proposal: for Merge Mania to be approved, I'd have to abolish Mergemons 2.0. I don't want to do that, but the mods remain adamant that there is only one Mergemons thread up. So, which Mergemons do you guys want to have a thread? Do you guys want the current one to keep its thread? Do you guys want Merge Mania, under the name of Mergemons 3.0, to get a thread? Do you guys want the original Mergemons, with alphabetical merges, to get its thread back?
Vote here. Poll closes on the day before my birthday, February 7.
The fate of Mergemons depends on you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)