Megapants' Art Thread

Hey everyone, I've lurked around the Smogon forums for a while and decided to finally make an account. Being an aspiring young artist, I thought this place would be a good place to start. I hope you guys like my artwork and I promise to try and draw some stuff that you like.

I'm willing to take requests, but I do tend to flake on those so my apologies ahead of time if I do happen to do so. But if you pester me enough, I'm sure I will get the idea that you truly want to see it made. :)

Anyways, here are some Pokemon related drawings that I did yesterday. Please tell me what you think.

[Don't Touch Mama Ursaring's Baybeh!]

Ursaring is one of my favorite Pokemon, and I imagine this to be a very common occurrence. I was gonna draw her crushing a Pokeball, but I got lazy. This took me about 40 or so minutes.

[Worst Gym, Coolest Gym Leader]

I hated the stupid mirror room thing that Koga had going on in his gym in the original Red and Blue, but I love poison-types and this guy is the O.G. of Poison. Plus he's a totally awesome ninja. This one took me about an hour and a half.

Rocket Grunt

✁ - - - - - - - - - -
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Dude these are ill as hell, haha. Koga is wicked fresh with really interesting perspective, and I love Ursaring's expression. What're you using, oekaki?

Awesome Ursaring!

"But if you pester me enough"

Yes, I got some requests! Character requests to be precise! *pestcoughpest*

Thanks for the compliments everybody. Much appreciated. :D And Rocket Grunt, I pretty much only use Photoshop or MS Paint (with a tablet).

I have a few new ideas so I might have a drawing or two up by today. If you have any ideas, feel free to ask. Inspiration is hard to come by these days, hehe.

Those are two quality pieces of artwork sir. I thoroughly enjoyed them. What I like specifically is that they are in two completely different styles, but both incredibly awesome. I can't decide whether I like the sketchy style or the hard-black-outline style better, but Koga is definitely the coolest gym leader.

Thanks, UberMunch. Yeah, I have a lot of different styles. Really just depends on my mood. Here's another perfect example!

[How to learn HM08]

Ever since they had pictures of the items in the games and they revealed that TMs/HMs are actually like, discs, I was really, really confused. I've always imagined that it would be something along these lines. The only other possible method I could think of is some sort of mind control helmet that you install (more like, force) the ability to use Strength or Return into their brains. I got lazy after coloring the HM so I stopped coloring. :P

What I love about the Ursaring piece is it has so much movement and intensity!! Also it's sketchy and awesome without being messy which I think is sweet.

Also I just love the Pikachu I cant put it into words properly

Hahaha. That pikachu is so priceless man. I love it.

I too am often confused by a lot of the things in the games. They seem so natural when you're playing them, but then when you actually think about it you're like "wtf?" Its cool when artists do comical renditions of these odd situations.

You don't have to get confused with the Disc Idea.

If you'd read the manga "Jojo's bizarre Adventure", you would learn that to have a power, you get it from a Disc! So, like, totally, when Pokemon has this idea...I was "eww...rip off?"

Chances are, I imagined things

Not Pokemon related, but I hadn't drawn anything in a couple days and my painting skills were gettin' rusty. So here's a close-up on the eye of some old guy.

Poor Pikachu, but awesome art. Nice. :)

I'd like to see what you would do with Arcanine if you have the time.

As you requested Fuzznip, here is a drawing of Arcanine that I just finished. It's kinda big so I'll just put a link to it.

http://i31.tinypic.com/2s9vy3l.jpg

I tried to make an epic looking one but I have a lot of trouble with kanine anatomy so it was quite difficult to make a good pose, so I just stuck with a simpler one and made it sleep instead. :P

EDIT: To prevent double posting.

Here's another one I did today. Pokefans have always seemed eerie to me. More like Pokeperv, if you ask me.

These are great man. The more stuff you produce, the more i like your style (which is very stylistic =]) I love the cartoonyness of it, haha.

Thought this deserved a bump.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Really liking the NPC drawing (especially Pokefan, lol).

Can I request you do something with the shorts Youngster?

Here's the lineart for the youngster that was requested. Probably gonna add a Rattatta and a Pidgey or something in there at some point.

I will probably color this one and the Pokefan one eventually. Just don't feel like it at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)