International Wi-Fi Tournament - 2012 Spring Friendly - WON BY JIVETIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone happens to face me, I'm Sam from New York.

Forgive me for blowing up this thread, but if anyone sees Fabv with a high rating (1700+) - beware. He disconnected when the match wasn't going his way. Runs a sand team.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Finally managed to get back to 1800s for like the 500th time.
But now my connection seems to be acting up, causing me to drop after finishing my battles. Seems like they really like messing with me whenever I'm crossing to another 100's bracket. Which is unfortunate since I had a good match with Ben7000 shortly after reaching 1801, but couldn't save a recording.

EDIT: apparantly, the battle was a bit too unrelated, I thought I saved a battle video in the tourney, but didn't so I think I ended up uploading what I had beforehand. sorry about that.
EDIT again: was asked to take the video ID down.

dang, you might the whole thing at this point with a rating that high already...
Haha, I hope so! Thankfully my last exam was Wednesday and I ended up staying up all night studying for and when I got home I fell asleep and woke up at around 7. I ended up staying up all night and played all night which is why I am where I am rating wise. I am just nervous because I played around 105 matches but have like 25 disconnections...I hope my disconnection rating is not going to get me disqualified...

Day 2 for me! Just suffered my first loss from some guy I beat yesterday, and added Valen (sun symbol here) from Mexico to my d/c blacklist. I now stand at 27/1/3 with over 1750 points (probably).

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Stopping at 100 battles played.

Record: 76-11, 13D/C
Rating: 1827

I seem to be following similar trends to my record and rating as the last two Wi-Fi competitions. Hopefully I won't have to spend the remainder of the tourney getting over 1900, like the other times. Third time's the charm right?

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Phew, went through this thread now, noted all the battle vid numbers up till now, thanks a ton guys :D expect them to be youtubed after the tournament is over :D

So, I entered this tournament! I was merely entering to test out teams (or... I guess just one team), not really expecting to win big or anything.

It's strange... I got 12W - 1L - 3 DC (Wins) today. Even though it was only one loss, it was like, the more I battled, the less I liked my team it seems, even though I was still getting those wins (My loss was on 3rd battle, so it's 13-0 after that loss including DCs). Maybe just a matter of confidence. I think I know what to do to make my team better (or make another team entirely). Of course, out of the 16 matches today, probably only 6-ish of them had competitive teams.

Anyway, on my last match, I beat a person with 1798 rating who seemed to know what they're doing (and he didn't DC, so I give him more respect for that rating). That's the highest rated player I beat so far (my loss was to someone with 1800+), so maybe the team's ok. O, I did get a lucky crit though that OHKO'd one of the threats that could have turned things around, so maybe just a lucky win.

Anyway, last time I checked my rating was a lowly 1610, but that was 2 wins (against 1570 and 1798 players) ago, so maybe it's around 1640-ish. Who knows...
EDIT: Ah ok 1647, updated...
EDIT2: Oh! 1798 player = 7014gree??? (7014 username?)

O yeah, @R Inanimate, Sally played against you (and lost obviously). She was the one with a rain-room team that didn't have a Gastrodon in it... I think she told me she KO'd your ludicolo and gastrodon and then lost. I don't know. She just told me over skype. Good job!

have battled 7014gree (1-0) and theashattack (3-0)? (2-0)? so far

@theashattacks: so sorry for double rock slide flinch turn 1 ;____; and for bringing down your ranking... D:

30-7-9 right now
i am sick of all the hax losses (crits mostly) in this tourney, lol. seems like in any given game the odds are all with you or all against you. B(

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I played one match. It took me about 10 minutes to find, and I got the standard DC when I was about to mop up for the 4-0. This is why I'm not playing this time, so good luck to all of you in this one, don't get too mad at disconnectors.

EDIT2: Oh! 1798 player = 7014gree??? (7014 username?)
Are you the guy who got a Shadow Ball crit on my full health Metagross, and then went on to stall out my Rotom-W and Latios (with the assistance of a Draco Meteor missing) with a Cradily ? Yeah, that might have had a small impact rofl, especially as Metagross does a minimum 70% with Meteor Mash

oh well dont really give a fuck anymore. I went unbeaten for like the first 40 matches even against gay stuffs like double flinches and getting crit or a draco meteor miss t1, then shits like Sand Veil Garchomp and random crits have left me with like 52-7, so I am at 1770 at the moment. The only game I think I lost fairly was against Maski, oh well rofl

so many fucking dcers as well lol

EDIT: rofl, just lost to a Discharge crit and Ice Beam freeze. pokemon :D

Well, this is pretty upsetting... currently 0-2-5, with all 5 of those being wins but they left because, of course, they lost.

So, no wins because DCers. Grh.

EDIT: Finally, 1-3-5. I know, I'm horrible... this is my first ever tournament, though. :<

Everyone needs to see this battle. 25-92783-32670
I'm gobsmacked at what happened! Crazy how you turned the match around just like that - BAM!

Phew, went through this thread now, noted all the battle vid numbers up till now, thanks a ton guys :D expect them to be youtubed after the tournament is over :D
Looking forward to it, particularly as I haven't even jumped in for a battle let alone plan to collect any videos myself! You'll be posting here once done?

I'll be playing as 'Brendan' from QLD, Australia, should I match up with anyone from here. :) I think I'm set as a psychic or Ace Trainer perhaps? Should check that... Planning on a few good matches, though likely not into it as much as previous WiFi tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)