Guide to building the Shoddy Battle 1 server from source

Yep, I put it into the Linksys area via my browser

EDIT: I also added the 30000 port as it said on portforward.com now, and according to their port testing program they are open. I even added the 30000 port to the firewall exceptions, and still nothing.

It's late, and I'm sure the answer is listed somewhere. I've installed the Shoddy Battle Server, and have everything running, but it doesn't seem all the movesets are loaded. For example when loading Scizor it states that it can't learn bullet punch. however the file was saved from another shoddy battle server. Is there any update/patch files that I'm missing? If you don't want to explain, if you can point me in the right direction, I'd much appreciate it. Thanks.

I get this problem:

What do I do? I've read over the guide a couple of times, I'm not entirely sure what it means by: "navigate to the folder where you have the sources"

Thanks for any help.
Still need help here. I'm doing this on Window's Vista, if that helps.

You're not supposed to use the MySQL command line. Use the command line, commonly known as "cmd" or "/command", or "command". Open it type:
Code:
cd *Location to the ShoddyBattle Folder*
Then it should come up to something like *Location to ShoddyBattle Folder*>

Then type
Code:
java -cp dist/ShoddyBattle.jar shoddybattle.AccountEditor username password 2
Be sure you've built the project first.

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I'm attempting to create the first user, and when I use the command prompt, this always happens:

(Not user and password, name whited out.)

I'd really like to know what I've done wrong or haven't done as I'd like to get this done soon.

Thanks.
Ok, I'm also having this problem now. I've read over the server guide up-teen number of times, and I can't see what I'm doing wrong.

I'm having some difficulty creating my first account. I'm following the Shoddy guide of course, but I'm slightly confused on how to go about making the account. Now I've read through this thread, and I had the problem with the \C is not a recognized command and all that good stuff, but then I read that it's not supposed to be done on the MySQL Command Line, but just the "Command Line".

What does this mean, and where can I find it? >.<

Yow, sorry, my english is not perfect ... I'm french .
So, with one of my friends, we decided to create a server for shoddy battle .
The name on the server is FR - POKEMON TRASH .
We decided to create for all POKEMON TRASH members (and whoever wants to connect) .
I followed the tutorial in the shoddy battle website . But the link at the end doesn't work (the link where we must ask for the permanent listing...) .
I just want to now what I can do to see our new server in the shoddy battle servers list .
Help Us

Thanks, Ace .

When I download NetBean, it says I don't have an IDE and doesn't let me continue with the installation. What do I do?

Hi,

I'm having trouble setting up my shoddy server (as you would assume). I have everything set up fine up to the "Creating a user" step, where I get an error in the command line. I can navigate to the folder, then I type in the java command and I get this:

Command Line said:
C:\Documents and Settings\*My Name*\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\ShoddyBattle>java -cp dist/ShoddyBattle.jar shoddybattle.AccountEditor *username* *password* 2
Loading properties file...
Loading metagame definition file...
Connecting to database...
SQLException: Access denied for user ''@'localhost' <using password: YES>
SQLState: 28000
VendorError: 1045
Failed to initialise the account registry.
Thanks for the help.

Hi, i have a little problem with my server.
Do you know how i can add the HGSS move and the Platinium move in this new nserver ?
I followed the tutorial on ShoddyBattle website.
http://shoddybattle.com/downloads_server

Hum.. I have to use a patch file ? If it is the solution, does sombody can give me the code please ?

Thanks.

(sorry for the bad english)

@Pkftmfw - If you have mac, its Terminal. If its windows, Run -> Command Prompt/CMD.
@Kebilito - You have the password for MySQL (the one in netbeans) wrong.
@1059860 - Download the Netbeans 6.7.1 + JDK bundle.
@Kachalski - You have the name of the host wrong, or the user/pass/db.
@DanielC - You need to patch your server.

Hey whats up, sorry for bumping an old thread, but I figured this is the best place to ask for help.

I'm making a Shoddy server following this guide and got really far. I have my own server through bluehost.com.

Ok so I made the MySQL database no problem.

I got the Shoddy project on my computer and had it connect to the database located on my bluehost server no problem and made the first admin account.

I can run Shoddy on my own comp and connect to it.

I moved all of the files onto my server, went in with SSH to try and run it and that's where I get my problem.
At first I tried it with my server settings having my database server set to followingrevolution.com and it wouldn't work on the connecting to database part and said it was rejected or something.
I forgot that now since I'm running it on the server and not my comp, it should be local host so I edited it, rebuilt, and put the files on my server and tried to run again and I get this when I run it:

Code:
followi1@followingrevolution.com [~/public_html/shoddybattle]# gij -jar dist/ShoddyBattle.jar
Shoddy Battle (June 2007) - http://shoddybattle.com
  By Colin James Fitzpatrick and Benjamin Gwin.
  This program is free software.
  Licensed under the GNU General Public Licence. No warranty.

Loading pokemon database...
Unimplemented intrinsic ability: Stall
Loading move types for the Jewel generation...
Initialising hold items...
Loading masses...
SQLException: Unexpected exception encountered during query.
SQLState: S1000
VendorError: 0
followi1@followingrevolution.com [~/public_html/shoddybattle]#
any idea what the problem is trying to connect to the database?

Checking for update...
Loading pokemon database...
Unimplemented intrinsic ability: Stall
Loading move types for the Jewel generation...
Initialising hold items...
Loading masses...
Initialising random number generator...
Loading battle mechanics...
Creating server...
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:468)
at java.lang.Integer.valueOf(Integer.java:553)
at shoddybattle.Main.main(Main.java:329)
Java Result: 1
BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 15 seconds)
I'm not such a Java wizard, so if I may ask... What does this mean? This is when I tried to run my server.

bearzly

Shoddy Battle dev
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It means that in your server.properties file the field for the server port or the server capacity was left blank.

How would one go about making new ladders and/or adding new pokemon? I've got my server up, and now I want to experiment a bit :).

@pikachu25 - You can add new pokemon by using a patch. You can add new ladders by editing the ladders.txt file, with banlists, and using a simple SQL Query.

If you want to put in a patch, open server.properties. Set server.patch = patch.txt
Save, and in the server/ directory make a file called patch.txt
Open that patch and put this code. Remember to make your modifications to it.
Code:
Add Pokemon: Name, Type1, Type2 [None if blank], HP, Atk, Def, Spe, Satk, Sdef;
Then in the line under it in the patch. Use this
Code:
Pokemon Name: a+ability1, move1, move2, move3, etc;
To add a new ladder, open ladders.txt and use this format
Code:
LADDER:name
banlist in ABC order. Make sure it fits the speicies database [eg: Porygonz, isnt Porygon-Z in the database. Its porygonz
PM me for the SQL query... You'll also need to fix another bug, and I'll tell you how to do that too.

hey i need some major help im kinda new to all this and i was wondering what to do at this part

Now that you've done that, go back to server.properties and scroll to the bottom. Fill in database_user with your username for MySQL (probably root if you followed this guide). Put your password for database_password. If you never selected a password, the default root password is blank. For server_database, put the name of the database you created (in my case, shoddybattle)

@monster18
Code:
Username: root
Password *what you put during installation of MySQL*
Host: localhost
Database: *whatever database you made*

server.properties is a file. C:\*whatever*\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\ShoddyBattle\server.properties.

If you can't figure out where that is, you probably should not create a server.

Hey there, I'm on windows and I have a problem I don't know what my host is... I was wondering where I might could find it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)