Event Discussion

So, apparently we' re getting videos with insights on the designs of the month's featured legendaries?

not much on Dialga and Palkia but apparently they where pretty much created whole cloth

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So, apparently we' re getting videos with insights on the designs of the month's featured legendaries?

not much on Dialga and Palkia but apparently they where pretty much created whole cloth
That's a bit cutting the story short, how they presented the idea for them to Masuda was cute: they turned off the lights in the and had everyone go underneath their desks so it was like they were retelling them a myth inside of a cave.

Also Roar of Time and Spacial Rend (Subspace Tear in Japanese) are really cool sounding names.

GF, you're such lovable dorks... now get to *put here something you've been waiting for GF to do that seems perfectly logical yet GF hasn't done*.

Also at the end they tell us we should get them because they're powerful Pokemon, as if they're new Pokemon no one has. I've got like 3 of each, including a Shiny pair.

Shiny Poipole is lit.

It'll be distributed at stores across Japan as a serial code. These stores include Aeon, Aeon Supercentre, Aeon Style, Aeon Retail Store, Ito-Yokado, Edion, Ge-O, Joshin Denki, Tsutaya, Toys-R-Us, Nojima, Bic Camera, Kojima, Sofmap, Futaba, Book Square, Heiwa-do, Yamada Denki, Yodobashi Camera, WonderGOO, Pokemon Centres, Amazon, Rakuten.

This Poipole will already have Dragon Pulse, so it'll evolve upon level up.

Shiny Poipole is lit.

It'll be distributed at stores across Japan as a serial code. These stores include Aeon, Aeon Supercentre, Aeon Style, Aeon Retail Store, Ito-Yokado, Edion, Ge-O, Joshin Denki, Tsutaya, Toys-R-Us, Nojima, Bic Camera, Kojima, Sofmap, Futaba, Book Square, Heiwa-do, Yamada Denki, Yodobashi Camera, WonderGOO, Pokemon Centres, Amazon, Rakuten.

This Poipole will already have Dragon Pulse, so it'll evolve upon level up.
I wonder in which Poke Ball it will be in, considering the trailer that 'revealed' Naganadel incorrectly showed it in a Beast Ball.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Aren't like all distribution mons in Cherish ball generally?
They usually are, Siggu is just wondering if this will be one of the rare cases it won't be since it is an Ultra Beast. But since you can catch Ultra Beasts in other kinds of Poke Ball and this is just a plain ol' distribution I think it'll probably be in a Cherish Ball.

Yeh, I was mostly wondering if actually there's been any distribution in last years that was not in a Cherish Ball, can't really remind

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Master Ball Event:
Not sure if I posted this, but that long promised Master Ball for registering your game on the PGL finally went live a weeks ago. You have until the end of March to get it. Just log into the PGL, look for its announcement post on the news updates, and follow the link to get your code.

March's Regigigas & Heatran:
It's been confirmed that in North America the codes for March's Legendary, Regigigas & Heatran, will be given out via the Pokémon Trainer Club newsletter. You HAVE TO SIGN UP BEFORE MARCH 1ST to be eligible. To sign up, you need a Trainer Club Account, go to Edit Profile, and check the "Email Preferences" to receive promotional material.

And, like with Dialga and Palkia, we have yet another Developer Interview! Now since Regigigas and Heatran aren't related they talk about them separately. So what about their development could they talk about? Some ideas:

Regigigas:
Was it thought up around the same time as the Golem Trio?
If it was, what was the decision process to keep it until a generation later?
If not, how was it decided to give the Golem Trio a master?
Why in ORAS did you need a nicknamed Regice holding an ice item to unlock it?

Heatran:
What is it?
Why even make it if it has nothing to do with the story nor relation to anything else?
Why does it have genders?
What's it connection with the Magma Stone?

So what did we get?
Discussion about their Abilities which tells us nothing except what they do.

Okay, now for Regigigas this had merit. Why did GF feel they had to give Regigigas such debilitating Ability instead of making it have lower stats? But for both of them and they only talked about what the Ability does? WE KNOW THAT!

Like if they wanted to talk about something they both had in common how about why Sinnoh had so many extra Legendary Pokemon and maybe how you decided what these extra Legendary Pokemon would be, or maybe even talk about their freaky and intense battle theme?

Who decided this? Or who thought the answer given was worth making the video on? We have the developers of the game talking about two of the more mysterious Legendaries, one of the rare times which they are, and what they decided to talk about was something everyone knew (and honestly sounds like they're trying to push Regigigas which, yeah, good luck, maybe lower Slow Start's counter to at least 3 than we'll talk).

Looking at the other Legendaries, Regigigas and Heatran are the only odd pair so hopefully the others we'll learn some development info on. Though Raikou & Entei (April) and Tornadus & Thundurus (July) are more of a trio than a pair so they may be in danger of getting something odd (though I don't think anyone would care if they just talked about their group altogether instead of just the two being given away). Also we'll see what they say about the Shiny Zygarde.

Master Ball Event:
Not sure if I posted this, but that long promised Master Ball for registering your game on the PGL finally went live a weeks ago. You have until the end of March to get it. Just log into the PGL, look for its announcement post on the news updates, and follow the link to get your code.

March's Regigigas & Heatran:
It's been confirmed that in North America the codes for March's Legendary, Regigigas & Heatran, will be given out via the Pokémon Trainer Club newsletter. You HAVE TO SIGN UP BEFORE MARCH 1ST to be eligible. To sign up, you need a Trainer Club Account, go to Edit Profile, and check the "Email Preferences" to receive promotional material.

And, like with Dialga and Palkia, we have yet another Developer Interview! Now since Regigigas and Heatran aren't related they talk about them separately. So what about their development could they talk about? Some ideas:

Regigigas:
Was it thought up around the same time as the Golem Trio?
If it was, what was the decision process to keep it until a generation later?
If not, how was it decided to give the Golem Trio a master?
Why in ORAS did you need a nicknamed Regice holding an ice item to unlock it?

Heatran:
What is it?
Why even make it if it has nothing to do with the story nor relation to anything else?
Why does it have genders?
What's it connection with the Magma Stone?

So what did we get?
Discussion about their Abilities which tells us nothing except what they do.

Okay, now for Regigigas this had merit. Why did GF feel they had to give Regigigas such debilitating Ability instead of making it have lower stats? But for both of them and they only talked about what the Ability does? WE KNOW THAT!

Like if they wanted to talk about something they both had in common how about why Sinnoh had so many extra Legendary Pokemon and maybe how you decided what these extra Legendary Pokemon would be, or maybe even talk about their freaky and intense battle theme?

Who decided this? Or who thought the answer given was worth making the video on? We have the developers of the game talking about two of the more mysterious Legendaries, one of the rare times which they are, and what they decided to talk about was something everyone knew (and honestly sounds like they're trying to push Regigigas which, yeah, good luck, maybe lower Slow Start's counter to at least 3 than we'll talk).

Looking at the other Legendaries, Regigigas and Heatran are the only odd pair so hopefully the others we'll learn some development info on. Though Raikou & Entei (April) and Tornadus & Thundurus (July) are more of a trio than a pair so they may be in danger of getting something odd (though I don't think anyone would care if they just talked about their group altogether instead of just the two being given away). Also we'll see what they say about the Shiny Zygarde.
I know the reason why GF chose Regigas as the UM exclusive: They were obviously upset that Lunala turned out to be much better than their favorite poster child Solgaleo, so they tried to nerf UM players by giving us Regigigas.

In all seriousness though, GF is aware that Slow Start was a mistake, but they were clearly trying to hide it. I don’t know why it has to be every time it comes in. Why couldn’t it be like once for an entire battle you have to wait 5 turns once, then proceed to attack, rather than it reset when you switch. I hope GF learned their lesson.

In all seriousness though, GF is aware that Slow Start was a mistake, but they were clearly trying to hide it. I don’t know why it has to be every time it comes in. Why couldn’t it be like once for an entire battle you have to wait 5 turns once, then proceed to attack, rather than it reset when you switch. I hope GF learned their lesson.
I dunno, it sounds like they still think it was a fair downside because Regigigas is so strong when it wears out.

(Even if it's Regigigas, at least I will be able to get the code this time)

I call this the road to Shiny Zygarde. I still haven't got any Dialga code since I don't want to go to Game Stop. They never have the codes when you arrives and Nintendo Zone rarely works if they have it that is.

Tenebricite

Leader of the Pawniards
is a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
I call this the road to Shiny Zygarde. I still haven't got any Dialga code since I don't want to go to Game Stop. They never have the codes when you arrives and Nintendo Zone rarely works if they have it that is.
Really? The game stops that I go to are usually really competent. I suppose it's based on whoever's responsibility it is to set the cards out, but I'm not sure how much the greater authority really enforces it. Anyway, it's interesting to see them doing something like the 2016 distributions, but with legendaries instead of mythicals. I never play ingame, but I still like to collect the events. They're a pretty interesting part of pokemon history, in my opinion.

Thought I'd post this here just in case someone has PAL Marshadow codes that they haven't redeemed yet.

Codes starting E748, E747 and E743 can no longer be redeemed but it looks like the Australian Marshadow codes are still ok. Myself and someone else have been able to redeem codes today starting E729 successfully.

If anyone else has unused codes not starting E748, E747 or E743 it might be worth you checking to see if they are still active. If anyone has success with other code prefixes please can you say. Thanks

I'm seeing reports that the nature of the shiny Poipole being distributed in Japan starting today is fixed. I'll be able to confirm that later on when I get it myself.

UPDATE: due to snow storms, I will be getting mine tomorrow.

UPDATE 2: It looks as though the shiny Poipole comes in a Cherish Ball, locked to modest, with 3 IVs and the moves Venom Drench, Nasty Plot, Poison Jab, and Dragon Pulse.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
For those of you who participated in the Ultra Sinnoh Classic Battle Competition, the entry gift is now available to all qualifying players through this link after logging into the Global Link. This gift is 50 Battle Points and can be redeemed by April 29th 2018
... You know, because of Mantine Surfing, 50 Battle Points ain't that much anymore. Yeah, sure, it's a participation prize essentially, but what happened to the Apricorn Poke Balls? Those were "good" prizes (and good is in quotes because you should be able to get more Apricorn Poke Balls in-game but even in USUM you still only get one of each...).

You know I actually like the fact that Apricorn Balls are so rare, it makes having a pokemon in one feel special
also why I like ribbons only obtained through events, if only there where more kinds of them :<

7th generation starters with their Hidden Ability (Long Reach Decidueye, Intimidate Incineroar, and Liquid Voice Primarina) are now being distributed via Pokémon Bank.
Yup, can confirm that. You'll need an active suscription to get them as Mystery Gifts, as soon as you log in.

They are at Level 50, have no guaranteed IVs, random natures and are itemless.

Decidueye has Leaf Blade, Phantom Force, Shadow Sneak and Brave Bird.
Incineroar has Fake Out, U-Turn, Darkest Lariat and Flare Blitz.
Primarina has Hyper Voice, Moonblast, Icy Wind and Perish Song.

(For some reason, Decidueye has no Egg Moves)

Should check if it's once per account or once per game, though... I assume it's the former.

Last edited:
Notable random things, Incineroar comes with Fake out egg move, and Primarina comes with Perish Song egg move, poor Decidueye gets nothing as they are all leveling moves

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)