Event Discussion

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So they're doing the villain team leader Pokemon promotion again, but with a twist. Since they gave out their Signature Pokemon already, they're giving out another of their Pokemon. Interesting idea (though I would have maybe given out their Signature Pokemon's pre-evolution or maybe focus on the Admins/Grunts Pokemon). Just a reminder, here was last times Pokemon:

Giovanni's Nidoqueen
Maxie's Camerupt
Archie's Sharpedo
Cyrus's Weavile
Ghetsis's Hydreigon
Lysandre's Pyroar

So, this time we're getting:

Giovanni's Nidoking
Maxie's Crobat
Archie's Mightyena
Cyrus's Honchkrow
Ghetsis's Cofagrigus
Lysandre's Mienshao

Okay... let's go through them.
Nidoking and Honchkrow are nice choices, essentially the alternate choice for their signature Pokemon.
Cofagrigus was memorable, it was Ghetsis first Pokemon sent out to try and hinder the player as much as possible.
Mienshao... guess is alright but why not Gyarados? "Well Cyrus used a Gyarados". Lysandre used a Honchkrow, Cyrus and Archie used a Crobat, and Maxie used a Mightyena but that's not stopping them from picking those. Speaking of which.
I get it, Maxie and Archie originally only had their signature Pokemon being different from one another (why was Archie never given a Wailord/Pelipper and Maxie a Flygon/Claydol (I tried ignoring other's Signature Pokemon)?). BUT ORAS and Team Rainbow Rocket's version of them were given two Pokemon to make them a bit more different from each other: Maxie's Weezing and Archie's Muk. Why not use them?

Have a question regarding the VC Mew that was given away in Japan and the UK. Was the DVs always set to 15 for each stat? I have seen people claim all DVs we're set to 15 which would mean it was impossible for the Mew to ever be shiny, and I have also seen others claim they got Shiny Mews.

The actual event was always FFFF, so a more robust version of Poke Transporter would be able to use the combination of OT name, ID number, and IV bytes as the full signature to check for on Mew. But in the procedure that actually exists, it only checks OT/ID, so when people use code execution to forge the correct signature on a Mew or whatnot, they still have enough freedom to set the IV spread to anything they desire, including one of the results that produces a shiny, and Transporter/Bank will let that through without a fuss.

But in the procedure that actually exists, it only checks OT/ID, so when people use code execution to forge the correct signature on a Mew or whatnot, they still have enough freedom to set the IV spread to anything they desire, including one of the results that produces a shiny, and Transporter/Bank will let that through without a fuss.
I know Pokebank only checks for the OT/ID on the Mew and that we can modify Mew using 8F but I was wondering if the actual Mews distributed at the events we're able to be Shiny.

Similar to the 20th anniversary Legendary distribution, this year we also get one legedary per month, called Legendary Year 2018. This time we get opposite legendary of our version (for example, in US you get Kyogre, in UM Groudon). These event will be available not only for USUM, but also for SUN and MOON, tough they will differ. In USUM, they will be level 100 holding gold bottle cap, in S/M they will be level 60. They will be as follows:

February: Dialga and Palkia (in GAME in UK and Gamestop in US)
March: Regigigas and Heatran
April: Entei and Raikou
May: Xerneas and Yveltal
June: SHINY Zygarde
July: Tornadus and Thundurus
August: Kyogre and Groudon
Sempember: Lati@s
October: Reshiram and Zekrom
November: Lugia and Ho-oh

At this time it´s not known if they will have any special moves (I am looking at you, Extremespeed Entei!) or hidden abilities (that means YOU, Lugia, Ho-oh and Zygarde! - yes, I know Zyg don´t exactly have hidden ability, but you know what I mean), but they will probably be just your standard poke. The only one interesting at this time is Zygarde, as it is the first time we can get shiny one. Sadly it will probably have Aura Break.

Momentarily, I am rather dissapointed, because they are just your average ´mons you can easily capture in opposite version/trade from previous gens, only they can´t be shiny. I hope GameFreak will prove me wrong and make them special in some way, but somehow I doubt it.

Source: serebii.net

Similar to the 20th anniversary Legendary distribution, this year we also get one legedary per month, called Legendary Year 2018. This time we get opposite legendary of our version (for example, in US you get Kyogre, in UM Groudon). These event will be available not only for USUM, but also for SUN and MOON, tough they will differ. In USUM, they will be level 100 holding gold bottle cap, in S/M they will be level 60. They will be as follows:

February: Dialga and Palkia (in GAME in UK and Gamestop in US)
March: Regigigas and Heatran
April: Entei and Raikou
May: Xerneas and Yveltal
June: SHINY Zygarde
July: Tornadus and Thundurus
August: Kyogre and Groudon
Sempember: Lati@s
October: Reshiram and Zekrom
November: Lugia and Ho-oh

At this time it´s not known if they will have any special moves (I am looking at you, Extremespeed Entei!) or hidden abilities (that means YOU, Lugia, Ho-oh and Zygarde! - yes, I know Zyg don´t exactly have hidden ability, but you know what I mean), but they will probably be just your standard poke. The only one interesting at this time is Zygarde, as it is the first time we can get shiny one. Sadly it will probably have Aura Break.

Momentarily, I am rather dissapointed, because they are just your average ´mons you can easily capture in opposite version/trade from previous gens, only they can´t be shiny. I hope GameFreak will prove me wrong and make them special in some way, but somehow I doubt it.

Source: serebii.net
What about Shiny Zygarde? Anyway, the Heatran giveaway will be huge to UM players, since Gamefreak clearly hates since they gave us Regigigas instead.

To be fair, it gives player with only one version acces to stuff like Lando, Suicune, Ray and others. And yes, Heartan is definitely another league than Regigigas :-D

Zygarde, in all games it appears in, has been shiny locked. It was also never given an event release, even in gen 6 where they had shiny xerneas & yveltal give aways.
I know that. I just don’t know how AZ has anything to do with Zygarde.

So, the locations in Latin America for the Dialga and Palkia events were announced and... I dunno why I'm still surprised, but I won't be able to get them.

I know, I know, there's trading but when it comes to events it simply does not feel the same.

Mexico - Best Buy
Chile - Zmart
Peru - Phantom
Colombia - Alkosto
Panamá - EstiGames
Costa Rica - Vértigo
Guatemala - El Duende
Nicaragua - Zona Cool
Honduras - Gamestation

Last edited:
Shiny Zygarde is the only worthwhile one from that list unless of course they give the others insane moves they wouldn't otherwise learn but I doubt it.

Ultimately aside from Zygarde the point of the promotion is to give all version exclusive mons to both versions. Sadly there's no particular reason to expect them to have anything special aside from maybe being in a cherish ball

To coincide with the opening of the new Pokémon Center in Tokyo, Pokémon Center Tokyo DX, two distributions have been announced. First, only at the Pokémon Center Tokyo DX, from March 14th to April 22nd you can receive a Snorlax that knows the move Sunny Day. In addition to that, at the same time at all Pokémon Centers and Pokémon Stores across Japan, you can receive a Pikachu that holds a Lemonade to celebrate the opening of the Pokémon Café in the Pokémon Center Tokyo DX building.

~Serebii

Snorlax with Sunny Day, thank god

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
To coincide with the opening of the new Pokémon Center in Tokyo, Pokémon Center Tokyo DX, two distributions have been announced. First, only at the Pokémon Center Tokyo DX, from March 14th to April 22nd you can receive a Snorlax that knows the move Sunny Day. In addition to that, at the same time at all Pokémon Centers and Pokémon Stores across Japan, you can receive a Pikachu that holds a Lemonade to celebrate the opening of the Pokémon Café in the Pokémon Center Tokyo DX building.

~Serebii

Snorlax with Sunny Day, thank god
And Pikachu holding Lemonade, finally that item made available!

BTW, Snorlax learns Sunny Day via TM so I don't get why they point it out like it's something special. Unless it's also getting Morning Sun or Moonlight.

And now for an event people actually care about!

For those of you in many countries, the Dialga & Palkia event has begun. This event gives a Palkia to Sun and Ultra Sun and a Dialga to Moon and Ultra Moon. In Sun & Moon, these are Level 60 while in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon they are Level 100 and hold Gold Bottle Caps. This is the first month in a year long campaign giving away the version exclusive Legendary Pokémon. It runs until February 28th 2018.
In the US & Ireland, you can get codes at Gamestop until February 28th
In Canada & Australia, you can get codes at EBGames until February 28th
In the UK, you can get codes at GAME until February 28th
In Spain, you can get codes at GAME until February 23rd
In Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland & Italy, you can get codes at Gamestop until February 23rd
In France, you can get codes at Micromania until February 23rd
The codes can be redeemed until May 23rd 2018

~Serebii

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)