SM UU coming home [breloom/suicune BO, 1700~] [Nominated for RMT of the Week!]

coming home
[Breloom/Suicune BO]
by dondyxd
(good song)

~~~

Introduction
Hello Smogon,
Welcome to my fourth RMT (god that's four too many). I recently got back into UU, so I thought I might as well share the team I had been using as of late. The squad uses the newly-UU Breloom and old threats in Scizor and Gliscor, as well as the best 'mon of ADV OU, Suicune.

When I first got back into competitive 'mons again in early 2017, I exclusively played UU. My reasoning was that OU was too "unbalanced," citing the everpresent Pheromosa, Metagross-M, Protean Greninja and of course, hard Dugtrio/Sableye-M stall. I was tired of getting 6-0d in the late game by Quiver Dance + Z Move Pheromosa. I enjoyed UU for it's relatively balanced nature - sure, Keldeo and Clefable were really strong and somewhat obnoxious, but they both had very visible counterplay. My first team consisted of nothing more than two type-cores lazily slapped together - Scizor/Clefable/Latias as a FDS core and Decidueye/Infernape/Sharpedo-M as a FWG core. I made it to a decent ladder rating before Clefable got sent up to OU. I retired from the tier the very next day.
Then the Breloom/Buzzwole suspect test came around. At this point in time I had just watched pokeaim play UU with Ambipom for a month straight and I was desperately looking for an excuse to get back into the tier.
RMT.PNG

Well, I guess the suspect test was the motivation I needed, since I dropped everything in my life for a week and grinded the ladder pretty much nonstop. I abused a team I stole off Cookees and sat at my computer clicking buttons for hours on end in an attempt to get suspect test requirements. I played my last game in front of a bunch of my friends and I was getting hyped after every play. After I trapped my opponent's Amoongus with my Azumarill... I knew it was over. My hype went through the roof. My ego shot up to the stars. I had never been quite so excited about a +20 ELO game on Pokémon Showdown before.
After the suspect test was over, I struggled to get back into the tier. Buzzwole was obviously banned, and I had pretty much abused Buzzwole's stupid physical bulk to even get reqs in the first place. Checking Breloom was another issue, since without Buzzwole in the tier, there really weren't many 'mons that could 100% shut it down outside of... Safety Goggles Crobat? I tried my hand at laddering again, but found myself hardstuck at 1350 ELO, which didn't exactly reflect well on my skills as a player.
Sent back to the drawing board, I started to build this team. It also wasn't very good to begin with.
But to be fair, when I first started my ascent up the ladder in Feburary 2017, I also wasn't very good to begin with. And I still have so much to improve on, but it's a very satisfying process to see yourself gradually improving at the game you love. That's why I continue playing, day after day. That's why I initially came back to the game in 2017, and that's why I continue coming back.

I actually, unironically started the team with both Serperior and Breloom on the same squad. My (pretty terrible) reasoning was this - one of them can lure in 'mons like Togekiss and Amoonguss that the other struggles with, and break it with something like Z-Hyper Beam, leaving the door wide open for the other to sweep. While that sounds like... just a great idea, since it's the principle used by typespam cores in OU if I'm not mistaken, I forgot to account for one thing - Serpeior has trashcan attacking stats. Slapping Z-Hyper Beam on Serperior won't actually leave it with enough power to break through its checks like Muk-A or Togekiss. It just doesn't have the raw power available to it, even at +2. But nonetheless, that's where I started the team.

So then I was on the hunt for fire resists in UU. Well, the search criteria was moreso "physically defensive 'mons that wouldn't instantly die to Scarfed Infernape," and Suicune was the first 'mon that I found. It has stupid bulk with it's CM+RestTalk set, can act as a terrifying sweeper in the late game, can pressure stall grass checks, notably Amoonguss, and it only got better with the nerf to crit rate. Furthermore, with the abundance of grass types in the tier right now, it's oftentimes an underprepared for threat, with many teams relying on Breloom or Serperior as their sole way of breaking through Suicune.

See, the thing about grass types is that... they're terrible defensively. Breloom, while boasting an impressive base 130 attack, also died to just about every super-effective coverage option in the game. Serperior had slightly better bulk, but it's pure-grass typing wasn't doing it any favours. Defensive Mega Altaria was added to provide Defog support, seeing as neither of my grass-types had any way of avoiding Rocks, Spikes, Toxic Spikes OR Webs, as well as a secondary fire resist and Breloom check on my side of the field.

I had three poison weaknesses and one poison neutrality. Adding something that could not instantly die to Beedrill-M was almost the only reason I added Hippowdown to the roster next. Hippowdown also served as a pretty decent check to Mega Manectric, could get Rocks up and could pressure teams by spreading Toxic around in conjunction with Whirlwind.

I also had four Ice weaknesses, and was looking extremely weak to Latias, since not much on my team could really stomach a Choice Scarf Draco Meteor/Psychic outside of a +1 Suicune. Assault Vest Alolan Muk was added to be able to pursuit trap fast special threats like Latias and the newly UU Gengar, as well as providing a somewhat decent blanket check to many special attackers in the tier like the everpresent Manectric.

Hippo was the first to go. The specially defensive set left me deceptively weak to physical hits, and sand was oftentimes hurting me more than helping me. It was also a complete momentum drain, so bringing in Gliscor shored up all those issues. Gliscor's access to U-Turn while still retaining much of Hippo's usefulness gave me a better way to bring in my grass-type breakers.
At this point, it was clear that my team had numerous issues, but I just couldn't pin them down. Due to my lack of intellect, I failed to see that once Gliscor went down, Mega Beedrill absolutely tore this team apart, and my speed control consisted of priority Mach Punch from Breloom and the 113 Speed Serperior, meaning that Mega Aerodactyl also thoroughly ate this team up for breakfast. Not having a steel type was really beginning to hurt me - UU might not have Tapu Lele, but steel was still one of the better defensive typings out there.

Getting rid of Serperior for Scizor was the final change I made. Serperior was undoubtedly threatening, but it was just too slow and lacked the immediate power I was looking for (it also sucked defensively). Scizor gave the team another strong priority user, which served as the team's speed control, as well as another solid win condition outside of Suicune and Breloom.
UU peak.PNG

I'm going to continue playing with the same team, however. Hopefully, I'll be able to climb even further.
Approximately ten months ago, I hit my first peak on the UU ladder. It's kind of interesting to see the progression - I used to take screenshots after every single game I won, in order to make sure that I wouldn't "lose" that peak.
UU.PNG

Just thought that was interesting. And god damn my name was cringey :/

~~~

An In-Depth Look

Bannedloom (Breloom) @
Normalium Z

Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Swords Dance
Giga Impact
Mach Punch
Bullet Seed

Not to brag or anything, but I came up with this super innovative set myself. I'm basically the NJNP of UU.
Anyways, the entire idea behind the set is to lure in stuff like Sap Sipper Azumarill, defensive Mega Altaria and Amoonguss, all of which check Breloom, and then smack 'em with a 200 Base Power Breakneck Blitz. Breloom's powerful priority and access to Spore usually allows it to force a switch, giving you a free turn to set up Swords Dance, boosting your attack stat to deadly levels. Bullet Seed is mandatory STAB that gets boosted by Technician, and even with only three hits its capable of dealing massive damage.
Something that was brought up when I first posted this set was... why not just use Z-Stone Edge, which is undeniably a lot more useful after expending the Z-Crystal? Well, there's a 20 Base Power difference between Z-Giga Impact and Z-Stone Edge, which might not seem like a lot, but it's oftentimes the difference between a OHKO and a 2HKO on the stuff that Breloom wants to lure in. For example, Z-Giga Impact has a ~68% chance to OHKO standard defensive Mega Altaria after Rocks, but Z-Stone Edge has only a ~6% chance to. Now that 20 Base Power difference can be made up for simply by running Adamant over Jolly, but I find that with Breloom being such a centralizing force in the metagame, people often speedcreep a lot of their Breloom answers to 240 speed, aka Adamant Max Speed Breloom. Most importantly, Gliscor is often EVd to only hit around ~241 speed, and Tentacruel often only runs 20 speed EVs as opposed to the 108 required to outspeed Jolly Breloom. Both those 'mons take massive damage from +2 Bullet Seed, and therefore I appreciate the extra speed EVs which are oftentimes the difference between a full sweep and an early death.
+2 252 Atk Technician Breloom Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Gliscor: 306-360 (86.9 - 102.2%) -- approx. 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal
+2 252 Atk Technician Breloom Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 248 HP / 156 Def Tentacruel: 417-495 (114.8 - 136.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
+2 252 Atk Breloom Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 184 Def Amoonguss: 463-545 (107.1 - 126.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
+2 252 Atk Breloom Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Azumarill: 362-426 (89.6 - 105.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Breloom Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Altaria-Mega: 294-346 (83.2 - 98%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

infinite choices (Scizor) @
Leftovers

EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Knock Off
Roost
I genuinely have no clue what the "standard" bulky SD Scizor set is nowadays. This is a set that I basically stole off from OU, giving Scizor passable bulk as well as attacking power and longevity with Leftovers. It's not amazing defensively - for example, it struggle to switch into stuff like Mamoswine's Earthquake and Aerodactyl-M's Stone Edge, but the HP EVs in conjunction with its fantastic typing help it survive miscellaneous hits like an Azumarill Play Rough or Beedrill-M U-Turn.
In lieu of any scarfers on the team, I decided to stick with powerful priority moves as my speed control. Bullet Punch, combined with Breloom's Mach Punch, helps me deal with faster 'mons that I have no way of outspeeding, like Manectric, Beedrill or Aerodactyl-M. Indeed, the first iteration of this team struggled greatly with those three 'mons in particular, as I had no way of dealing with them outside of chip damage and Mach Punch.
Swords Dance is used to boost Scizor's attack so that it can set up a sweep for itself in the late game or just be able to threaten fatter 'mons in the early game, while Bullet Punch is mandatory priority Technician-boosted STAB. Knock Off is a strange choice - why not Bug Bite or Pursuit? - but the utility that Knock Off gives in removing items is too great to pass up. Removing Leftovers from walls makes them infinitely easier to deal with, and removing Choice items and Life Orbs from offensive threats helps my defensive core sponge their hits up with ease. Roost gives Scizor longevity and allows it to come in multiple times in a match, giving it presence in both the early and the late game.
16 might seem like an arbitrary amount of speed EVs, but... standard Muk-Alola runs 124 speed EVs, enough to outrun uninvested Scizor. As a result, lots of Scizor end up running 8 speed EVs in order to speed creep standard Muk and make sure that they don't get destroyed by Fire Punch. As a result of THAT, when I was suspect laddering I used a team by Cookees which had a 92 speed Blissey which outsped 8 speed Scizor and could KO it back with Fire Blast. And as a result of THAT, I ran 16 speed Scizor to outrun that specific Blissey set and KO it back with +2 Knock Off. Is that really necessary? Probably not, but it's 16 EVs. Why not.

Crystallize (Suicune) @
Leftovers

Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Rest
Sleep Talk
Calm Mind
Scald

The true star of the show, Suicune. This thing ends up sweeping way more teams than I originally anticipated - it's almost like teams don't run anything that can reliably deal with this thing nowadays. I say reliably... because while 'mons like Manectric-M and Breloom are everywhere in UU right now, neither of them are too reliable. Breloom can't ever switch in on Suicune for fear of a Scald burn, and Manectric straight up loses to Suicune once it has a couple of Calm Mind boosts under its belt. Clear Smog Amoonguss does a pretty good job of shutting down Suicune, but due to a combination of Pressure and Rest it doesn't actually beat Suicune 1v1 in the long run. Late game Serperior boosts up on Suicune with strong super-effective Leaf Storms, but if it has used up Leaf Storm PP earlier in the match Suicune can theoretically beat it out with Pressure Stall and Rest. The only true counter to this Suicune set is Sap Sipper Azumarill, which traps and kills me with Whirlpool into Perish Song. However, that is a set that Breloom has absolutely no trouble luring in and eviscerating with Breakneck Blitz.
Not only is Suicune a deceptively consistent wincon, but it plays an important role in the team composition by absorbing status and being the team's physical sponge. No other member of the team wants to directly switch into a LO Mamoswine Earthquake, for example, but Suicune can do just that, reply with a Scald, and simply Rest off the damage later on in the game. It's also one of the 'mons that makes sure I don't just instantly lose to Infernape and Darmanitan, and can easily beat Aerodactyl-M 1v1 due to Pressure stalling out Stone Edges.

Preemptive (Altaria-Mega) @
Altarianite

Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 4 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
Defog
Roost
Hyper Voice
Flamethrower
With so many strong Grass-types running rampant in the tier right now, it almost mandatory to have at least one mon capable of shutting them down. Altaria-M was that 'mon for me over Crobat, due to its better typing, superior bulk and the fact that it was actually capable of threatening Scizor with Flamethrower. Moveset is fairly self-explanatory, Defog is put on Altaria-M as it's able reliably come in on many of the Rocks setters in the tier (bar Cobalion) and at least be able to get rid of their hazards. Roost gives Altaria longetivity throughout the game, Hyper Voice is fantastic STAB that has a nifty side effect of going through Substitute, essentially shutting down SubSeed Serperior and any nasty variants of Substitute Breloom that I might run into on the ladder. Flamethrower destroys Scizor, and Altaria's very serviceable bulk means that it's able to always stomach a Choice Banded Bullet Punch from Scizor and reply promptly with a Flamethrower.
EVs are as simple as they get - 16 Speed to hit 200 speed, which is a benchmark that I admittedly brought over from OU since I can't name many 'mons off the top of my head that hit 200 speed in UU. The rest is simply dumped into HP and Defense to maximize physical bulk.

within this trial (Gliscor) @
Toxic Orb

Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 200 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
U-turn
Toxic
After my failed experiment of Specially Defensive Hippowdown in this slot, I went back to the tried and true Gliscor. Gliscor gave me better physical bulk and a Ground immunity, which was always nifty, as well as the utility of Stealth Rocks and the momentum-grabbing ability of U-Turn in one slot. Not really much to say here - Earthquake is mandatory STAB that hits decently hard and deters threats like Cobalion and Muk-Alola from staying in, Stealth Rocks are mandatory on every single team in any Smogon 6v6 singles format, U-Turn is nice for scouting and momentum, and Toxic was chosen over U-Turn to actually be able to damage bulky walls like Swampert or Hippowdown. EVs maximize special bulk, allowing it to eat stuff like Hydreigon Draco Meteors with ease, and 60 speed EVs creep Adamant Breloom, making Gliscor a semi-safe switch in to it. The lack of Roost on the set is a bit annoying, but Poison Heal more than makes up for it most of the time.

Muk-Alola @
Assault Vest

Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 204 Atk / 180 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant
Nature
Pursuit
Knock Off
Gunk Shot
Fire Punch
Lastly, we have Muk-Alola. This serves as the glue of the team, being able to switch in to threats like Manectric, Gengar and Latias and either dispose of them entirely or heavily maim them with Knock Off and Pursuit. The major draw to using Muk was that it heavily threatened almost all the 'mons that Breloom hated to play vs, notably Latias and Gengar, and being able to consistently trap Latias makes it all the easier for a Breloom sweep to happen in the late game.
Gunk Shot was chosen over Poison Jab mostly due to it's higher Base Power, and while the lower accuracy and PP does kind of suck, rarely am I put into a situation where I find myself forced to count PP in order to win. Fire Punch makes Muk an actual threat against Steel-types, notably the omnipresent Scizor, but to a lesser degree against 'mons like Cobalion or Aggron-M (not that you'd want to stay in on Aggron-M with Muk anyways, but still). EVs were stolen straight from Smogon, with enough speed to creep uninvested Scizor and enough Special Defense to be able to check Choice Specs Primarina more consistently.

~~~

Manectric gives me trouble, but I can play around it. There's one 'mon that I actually do want to talk about, however, and it's this thing:

I actually do not deal well with NP Salazzle. If Muk is weakened, then it can't actually take two Fire Blasts very well, and if it has a Z-Crystal it can OHKO Suicune at +2 if I don't have any CM boosts on it yet. It resists both Mach Punch and Bullet Punch, meaning that I just barely 2HKO it with Bullet Punch into Mach Punch if Rocks are up, and that requires me to sack one of my two priority users. Overall just a huge pain in the ass to deal with.

Opposing Suicune also give me problems, since my way of beating Suicune almost can never switch in on it safely due to fearing Scald burns. Scizor can sort of boost up a little bit on it, but it too fears the Scald burn. Really I just have to keep Breloom alive and hope that it can OHKO Suicune in the late game, or else I just straight up lose. Very annoying 'mon to play against.
heh, I guess I'm a tournament winner now too, since I won NJNP's GSPL thing on his discord server. I mean, I went 1-2 with my only win being a timeout and I totally got carried by starmaster (GOAT manager btw) and the rest of my team, but still lol. so really, shoutout goes to all the people on that team, thanks for carrying my undeserving ass to victory Togepis best team :))).

i always do this, every single RMT, but i always do want to shoutout the people from my draft league. KuraiTenshi26 thanks for literally being the reason i got back into OU LMAO, someday we have to build subswarm volc together :), Waszap thanks for getting me into monotype the best tier, Derziks thanks for being best mod and not drafting suicune at B+ LOL, and the rest of the fam y'all really are half the reason i even bother to play this trashcan game anymore. idk why some of you guys don't have smogon accounts, @Gustafio (suicune is a B+ tier threat btw :^)) @Preemptive come on i took MAJOR inspiration from you guys and i can't even tag you?? @marty13612 idk why u don't have an account either but you really are the GOAT player, it's too easy and i appreciate you donating to my ironic patreon LMAO. @Geofreeee miss me with that stall shit, you're always fun to talk to but holy shit i swear to god if u actually draft stall next season imma kms. @abidoofthatcares and @wotato thanks for memeing with me, memes a lot :) and appreciating the shitty writeups i post. seriously though, I've met some really cool people through draft so thanks so much to everybody and i'm sorry if i missed somebody but just know that y'all are amazing people
crocune is ASS.PNG

wtf

kabukixd i see u playing monotype now wtf get a smogon account so i can shout u out
So I did one of these in my last RMT. Reading it back made me cringe pretty hard, but at this point I don't care.
Bannedloom? Very self explanatory. It was banned for the longest time. I still see a lot of people saying that it should be banned, which I absolutely do not disagree with, but that's another story for a different time.
infinite choices? It's always interesting to see how a game of 'mons can vary in infinite ways due to the way the game is set up. Sometimes I'll play the same person multiple times and each match will be wildly different based on the smallest differences. I am also ignoring the much more obvious DDLC reference, which was the reason I originally came up with the nickname.
Crystallize? I play in a draft league at my university, and somebody is infamous for drafting Suicune season after season. It's his signature 'mon, he terrorizes the league with it, and Crystallize is his nickname. So obviously I stole it :).
Preemptive? From the same draft league, it's just the name of the player with Mega Altaria this season.
within this trial? If you check my signature, you'll find another RMT featuring Dragonite titled "A Cruel Angel's Thesis." I absolutely love that song (I haven't watched the anime yet, however. I keep on meaning to, but each time I'm about to do it I put on reruns of The Office instead), and it's just a snippet from one of my favourite lines in the song. "If there is meaning in two people meeting, then maybe we're doing it right. Within this trial, that might be the Bible, the way that we'll both reach the light!"
Muk-Alola? Well I'm not creative enough to come up with a good nickname for Muk. I honestly hate the design of Muk and it's Alolan counterpart, but whatever, it's a good 'mon so I'll continue to use it.
Bannedloom (Breloom) @ Normalium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Giga Impact
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

infinite choices (Scizor) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

Crystallize (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Scald

Preemptive (Altaria-Mega) @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 4 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Hyper Voice
- Flamethrower

within this trial (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 200 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 204 Atk / 180 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch

Conclusion
i had to write this entire rmt in microsoft edge cuz google chrome cant handle pokemon gifs anymore ffs
thanks for reading tho hope u enjoyed it​

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Great team thanks for sharing.

A couple minor changes that I think would improve the team, or at least give you some ideas for the future whilst not really making the team worse:

Normalium Z Breloom could be changed to Ganlon Berry Natural Gift (Ice base 100). It gets practically all of Z Giga Impacts targets like Amoonguss, Altaria Mega, and Crobat for the same damage. It also frees up the Z slot which in my opinion is a worthy trade of having Giga Impact after the Z move is used.

That leads me to my second idea, Z Super Power Scizor over Knock Off. This makes you quite a bit less Cobalion weak as you can lure it in. Using Knock Off on Scizor already has a wee bit shaky synergy with Muk-A because they reduce each other's power. Knock Off does hit a few targets like Latias and Chandelure for good damage but hopefully Muk-A can trap them anyways.

Lastly I recommend Roost on Gliscor over U-Turn. Your team doesn't really have that many slow heavy frail hitters like say Lucario that really appreciate a free switch in nor does it have a U-Turn or Volt Switch core to abuse Gliscor's U-Turn. I think Roost helps the stall matchup a lot since you can then keep up Rocks versus most hazard control Pokemon and overall just makes Gliscor more reliable, in exchange for having a tad worse offensive synergy.

Anyways it's a great team overall. I really like how you have good logical choices in your teambuilding. Good luck with your team and games in the future!

Normalium Z Breloom could be changed to Ganlon Berry Natural Gift (Ice base 100). It gets practically all of Z Giga Impacts targets like Amoonguss, Altaria Mega, and Crobat for the same damage. It also frees up the Z slot which in my opinion is a worthy trade of having Giga Impact after the Z move is used.
That would remove the utility of luring in Azumarill which afaik is key to having Suicune sweep in the late game.

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
Yo Dondyxd, cool team, pretty sure we've met on ladder before too lol. Seeing as how Breloom was banned from UU and this team can still be extremely solid without it, I figured I'd give you my input and try to make it up to date :toast:

======================

Let's get more in-depth into some threats, as there's a few more besides Salazze and Suicune that I would like to touch on.

Mega Manectric has a really good matchup against your team because your Ground-type is Gliscor, and although it's a SpDef one, all it has to do is catch it once with HP Ice and wear down Altaria until it's good game.

Muk helps with Latias (unless it's CM Z-Dragon, which beats it after some chip), but it doesn't help with other Dragon-types like Hydreigon and Kyurem. Specs Kyurem 2HKOs Scizor after Stealth Rock with a very small amount of chip or can catch it with HP Fire, while Hydreigon (if not Scarf) also puts in a lot of work against your team with a Z-Move.

Since your Steel-type is Scizor, you have no resists to things like Mega Pidgeot, Crobat, and Togekiss on your team. I don't think I have to explain these much, as they beat your team quite easily whenever they get a free switch and you rely on priority or keeping things like Muk / Altaria completely healthy for them.

Strong wallbreakers that can boost up and hit with a Z-Move like Cobalion and Serperior can become quite problematic after they boost their stats. Muk and Altaria both need to be kept at mostly full health for Seperior's Breakneck Blitz, while you need to keep Suicune / Gliscor healthy for Cobalion.

======================

Here are my suggestions in order to slightly improve this team.

>

Now that Breloom is banned, I think the best immediate replacement here is Serperior. You can have Serperior hold a Normalium Z and this will help you beat threats to your team like Hydreigon, Kyurem, Togekiss, Suicune, and Cobalion. This set also lures in the same things that the Breloom set does while having a much better Speed tier than Breloom.

VinCune > SleepTalk
Okay so you might be a bit more hesitant on this suggestion at first, but I think VinCune helps your team more than it hinders it. You mentioned that Rest allows Suicune to absorb status and be a physical sponge, and although you lose the ability to absorb status, you have a Gliscor in the back to do that. You do lose out on a bit of longevity, but Substitute + Protect allows you to PP stall threats like Leaf Storm from Serperior and Stone Edge from Aerodactyl. It also allows you to scout against Choice locked Pokemon like Hydreigon and Infernape while still beating Substitute users.

Roost > U-turn
I agree with pif here in that running Roost is better than U-turn. Losing out a bit of offensive momentum hurts (though you really don't have frail hard-hitters that appreciate this), but with Gliscor being your only Ground-type (and especially being specially defensive), I think you really need reliable recovery here. Being able to Toxic things like Mega Pidgeot and Dragon-types on the switch to tank a hit and staying healthy throughout the game for the likes of Mega Manectric is very important for this team.

As far as suggestions go, I know it's not many, but the team looks pretty good on paper and there weren't many changes that I could make without changing the team too much. Losing Breloom's Mach Punch hurts your team because you don't have a Choice Scarf user. If you really wanted to, you could try making Scizor Jolly Fightinium-Z and then replacing Serperior with a Choice Scarf user (or maybe even Scarf Serp lol), but you might have to change the team a bit more depending on what exactly you pick.

Lastly, this might just be my preference, but I would probably play around with Scizor's and Suicune's EV spread and optimize them. I'm not a big fan of both of them being really slow, but if it's been working out for you, then feel free to leave them as is.

======================

(click for import)

Overall, I think you should try the new version of the team out, even if it's only three changes that were made; I think it'll play better than before with most of the threats I listed out.
is still a bit of a threat, but at least with Roost, you can try to tank an HP Ice with Gliscor and heal later on in the game. Flying-types like
are both faster than Serperior, but VinCune should be better than before at PP stalling them and there's no "quick fix" without changing the team much.

Good luck with the team; I hope my advice was helpful!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)