Bad Luck You've Had So Far

Doing a Nuzlocke in X.
  • Begin fight against Snorlax. Land Karate Chop with Pancham. Critical hit, does about 60%. Snorlax heals back up to about 55% with Sitrus, then paralyzes me with Lick.
  • Snorlax uses Defense Curl, full paralysis on the Pancham.
  • Snorlax uses Defense Curl again. Pancham uses Karate Chop again, crits again, and kills Snorlax. Cue rage. No idea how I killed it with +2 defense, but now I don't have anything to show for Route 7.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Doing a Nuzlocke in X.
  • Begin fight against Snorlax. Land Karate Chop with Pancham. Critical hit, does about 60%. Snorlax heals back up to about 55% with Sitrus, then paralyzes me with Lick.
  • Snorlax uses Defense Curl, full paralysis on the Pancham.
  • Snorlax uses Defense Curl again. Pancham uses Karate Chop again, crits again, and kills Snorlax. Cue rage. No idea how I killed it with +2 defense, but now I don't have anything to show for Route 7.
Crtis ignore tue users stat drops and the targets stat raises

While I was practicing for the Kanto Classic a week or two ago, I was setting up with my Clefable. I had +6 Evasion, yet my opponent's Flamethrower (I can't remember what the 'mon was, but it had nothing to change accuracy or ignore my Evasion boosts, I know that for sure) hit me four times in a row. That's 33.3...% accuracy, for a total chance of 1.234567890123...% of that happening.

While I was practicing for the Kanto Classic a week or two ago, I was setting up with my Clefable. I had +6 Evasion, yet my opponent's Flamethrower (I can't remember what the 'mon was, but it had nothing to change accuracy or ignore my Evasion boosts, I know that for sure) hit me four times in a row. That's 33.3...% accuracy, for a total chance of 1.234567890123...% of that happening.
Tbf, you were using Evasion so I am happy for your opponent.

Tbf, you were using Evasion so I am happy for your opponent.
It's the Kanto Classic! Everyone is using Minimize Clefable! Just ask Gary Oldman:

EDIT FROM A MONTH LATER SINCE NO ONE WANTED TO REPLY TO THIS:
I was battling in the Rock Gym in X and I was facing a Dwebble. I used a Water attack. It had Sturdy. Then it used Rock Blast and got every single hit. Every. Single. Hit.

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
"I see... I see...
This Pokémon has outstanding potential overall.
That's how I judge it, anyway.
Incidentally, I would say that its greatest potential lies in its HP.
Hmm. And its Defense is good, too.
Although its Sp. Atk stat is equally good.
Its Sp. Def stat seems just as good, though.
And, well, its Speed stat is good, too.
Stats like those... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it.

But this Attack stat... It's terrible..."
The Pokémon in question was a Shroomish. Right IVs, wrong Pokémon.
Edit: Of course all the babies are inheriting the 0 Attack, lol

Last edited:
"I see... I see...
This Pokémon has outstanding potential overall.
That's how I judge it, anyway.
Incidentally, I would say that its greatest potential lies in its HP.
Hmm. And its Defense is good, too.
Although its Sp. Atk stat is equally good.
Its Sp. Def stat seems just as good, though.
And, well, its Speed stat is good, too.
Stats like those... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it.

But this Attack stat... It's terrible..."
The Pokémon in question was a Shroomish. Right IVs, wrong Pokémon.
Edit: Of course all the babies are inheriting the 0 Attack, lol
Along those lines, I DexNaved a Shroomish with a perfect IV...in Special Attack. That was Timid. With Poison Heal (Effect Spore is better for in-game purposes due to Poison Heal being so situational).

I did end up with my first-ever Pokerus doing so, though, so it worked out alright.

EDIT: No, no it didn't.

So yes, I get Pokerus for the first time ever. Except I can't actually play that much right now because I have a crapload of schoolwork. Great timing.

Last edited:
Can anyone calc the odds of being fully para'd no less than FIVE times in a row, with the chance for a crit occurring the turn after all five full paralysis-es? Because I had a recent wifi match like that, complete with replay.

Can anyone calc the odds of being fully para'd no less than FIVE times in a row, with the chance for a crit occurring the turn after all five full paralysis-es? Because I had a recent wifi match like that, complete with replay.
(One in four chance of full para)^5 x 1/16 chance of a crit = 1 in 16,384. Yikes, dude, that really sucks.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
Last edited:

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I have 600+ hours on one game and no shiny (other than the ones I crammed on my PC box from GPS bringing in Pokemon and Hackmons)
and hatched about 100+ Charmanders even with one parent from a different country, no shiny.
This was Pokemon Black (1 out of the few games I actually went Shiny hunting in. The other was Black 2 in which I eventually did get a shiny.) Although, I have hatched a bunch of Charmanders on other games as well, but never got a shiny one.

But then, I found 2 Wild Shiny Poochyena in Emerald within less than a 24 hour time span (Real life not game play) just training Ralts which evolved into Kirla before I found the 2nd Poochyena, in game play it would be somewhere between 2-5 hours. I forgot since I didn't pay attention to the play time and it was in 2013.

1 Shiny Mudkip as a starter on one Emerald game (I restarted Emerald many times)

On Heartgold, I found a Shiny Geodude and found out that I wasn't using an Action Replay. This was around the time I used Action Replay for so many things on Gen 4 and 5 games.

On Emerald's battle factory, I found a level 100 Shiny Arcanine and managed to beat all 7 trainers with it. Too bad I can't keep Battle Factory Pokemon.

I haven't really gone shiny hunting on Emerald.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
HP.
Ice.
Thundurus.
I've done 61 resets so far, among them these gems:
31/e/30/31/31/1
31/e/16/31/31/29
I mean, yeah, the RNG hates me. But I hate the RNG more.

Reactions: JES
Last night I got a Jolly Zekrom with 31 IVs in everything but Attack! Why is it that the RNG seems to have a propensity for SpA, especially when I don't want or need it?!

I guess this counts as both good luck and bad luck:

In a Hackmons Cup battle, there was a moment where I had a Genesect at 1 HP vs a Litleo. My only damaging move is Needle Arm, but Genesect happened to have Serene Grace. I say "Well, let's get some chip damage", and I click Needle Arm, even though it only does 10%. And it flinches... "Cool!", I thought. And it flinched again, and again, and again, and again until the Litleo was at about 10%, flinching about nine times in a row.

The Litleo happened to carry a Custap Berry.

No need to explain how it ended.

I've been having a hard time finding a 31 IV in HP and Speed Zekrom. Last night, only one out of probably 30 had IVs in that category. And I've double and triple checked to make sure that the stats are correct. I don't know if I'm unlucky, or what!

A couple of months ago, I was training a Charizard in ORAS. I had just fought the Gentleman on Route 121, and Zard was paralyzed from his Manectric. I just needed a little more experience to level up so I walked around for a wild encounter.

Found a wild Shuppet, which would work.... only it didn't.

RNGesus decided that I was a heathen and made Charizard become fully paralyzed four turns in a row. The Shuppet had used Curse, so I could do nothing but watch as Charizard lost to a wild sock puppet ghost stabbing itself in the head with a nail.

Needless to say, I was reduced to a state of dumbfoundedness and blind rage for the rest of that afternoon.

Being critted 6 times in a row without the aid of Scope Lens/Focus Energy/Super Luck is really game-breaking.

These are the times I'd like to play in-game with the "luck controlled" mode*.

* This is a particular metagame in which a move with i.e. 90% accuracy hits 9 times in a row, but the 10th time you know it will fail. Moves with higher or lower accuracy are treated accordingly to this. Other examples: moves like Stone Edge (80% acc) hit 4 times in a row, but then fails in the 5th ones and so on. The same concept is applied to the crit chance.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Being critted 6 times in a row without the aid of Serene Grace is really game-breaking.

These are the times I'd like to play in-game with the "luck controlled" mode*.

* This is a particular metagame in which a move with i.e. 90% accuracy hits 9 times in a row, but the 10th time you know it will fail. Moves with higher or lower accuracy are treated accordingly to this. Other examples: moves like Stone Edge (80% acc) hit 8 times in a row, but then fails 2 times in a row and so on.
Serene Grace does not increase the chance to crit. You're thinking of Super Luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)