Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, there's a lot that can beat Aron. Poison, Burn, Hail, Ghost Pokemon, Steel Pokemon, Substitute, Multi Hit attacks, Mold Breaker, etc. It's only normal attacks that don't work against it. A well prepared team should have SOMETHING that can counter Aron.

Ninja'd 4 times over. I need to learn to type faster.
Also Rock and Ground pokemon, since they are immune to SS too. The main issue, however, is stopping Shell Bell from working, and that's why Steel/Rock/Ground can't beat it. You need a Ghost, Taunt, etc.

The other option, and the one i personally run, is TrickScarf. That gets rid of Shell Bell, so even if all things fail, you can still sac your TrickScarfer, and then the next pokemon can take out Aron with it's measly 1HP left.

My question: I run a TrickScarf Jirachi, which i love to use to cripple Burungeru. I find, though, i often outspeed Burungeru even after having tricked away my Scarf, in-game. I just forgot how many Speed EV's i run, and also how many a standard Burungeru would run competitively if any. So, if i want to outspeed after Trick, how many EV's do i need to outspeed the average Jellicent with Jirachi?

My question: I run a TrickScarf Jirachi, which i love to use to cripple Burungeru. I find, though, i often outspeed Burungeru even after having tricked away my Scarf, in-game. I just forgot how many Speed EV's i run, and also how many a standard Burungeru would run competitively if any. So, if i want to outspeed after Trick, how many EV's do i need to outspeed the average Jellicent with Jirachi?
Sorry if I missed it, but what nature are you running? I want to figure it out, but the nature affects my calulations. :p

Okay, so I'm going for a mixed Hydreigon here:
-Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
-Crunch
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake
Nature: Hasty/Naive
EVs: 64 Atk/252 SpA/192 Spe or 252 Atk/64 SpA/192 Spe
Item: Life Orb

The only problem that I have here is deciding on the EV spread. Should I go for the first or second one?

Okay, so I'm going for a mixed Hydreigon here:
-Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
-Crunch
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake
Nature: Hasty/Naive
EVs: 64 Atk/252 SpA/192 Spe or 252 Atk/64 SpA/192 Spe
Item: Life Orb

The only problem that I have here is deciding on the EV spread. Should I go for the first or second one?
The second one would be alot more reliable, as you have decent enough SpA and STAB Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse to make up for it, while nearly everything weak to fire (Skarmory, Nattorei, Scizor, Forretress) can barely / rarely survive a Fire Blast due to their lackluster SpD, so you don't need much investment. 252 / 64 / 192 would probably end up being of more use / help anyways.

The second one would be alot more reliable, as you have decent enough SpA and STAB Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse to make up for it, while nearly everything weak to fire (Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Scizor, Forretress) can barely / rarely survive a Fire Blast due to their lackluster SpD, so you don't need much investment. 252 / 64 / 192 would probably end up being of more use / help anyways.
Ferrothorn has nearly equal Defense and Special Defense (not that it's ever surviving Fire Blasts anyways).

Ferrothorn has nearly equal Defense and Special Defense (not that it's ever surviving Fire Blasts anyways).
Sorry, that was a mis-statement by my part. He's discluded for his cool SpA, but since he's rarely run with Sassy 252 HP / 252 SpA, and Fire Blast is still 4x super effective, he's included in the group.

I dunno why you'd use Special Attack EV's on Ferro.
Exactly, Nattorei isn't used to take Special hits, which adds more to the fact he won't be taking 4x Super Effective Fire Blasts anytime soon, even un-STABed

Also a slip on my own words as well

He's discluded for his cool SpD
Unlike the others, his SpD is great, just his typing in this regard.

Uhm.. the Special Attack stat is used for calculating the Special Attacks that you use, not the opponent.

You're thinking of Special Defense.
No-no-no, I know. lol, sorry, I'm getting things all mixed up.

Okay

Nattorei has respectable SpD, more than respectable actually, which duscludes him from the group of bulky steels with lackluster SpD (temporarily, once I get to my point). Sazandora, however, also has respectable SpA+Life Orb. Nattorei is therefor included with all the steel types I listed because Sazandora and his 4x SE Fire Blast with LO won't be leaving a scrap of Ferrothorn left. The fact that very few people use Specially Defensive sets adds on to the fact that Fire Blast will be doing an excess amount of damage.

Edit: I'm quite aware of the difference between SpA and SpD, lol, I was getting my thoughts and words mixed up.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask, but I've been on the Smogon PO server recently, using a UU team and it's always placing me in the Dream World tier ( 1 poke with DW Ability ). Is it always going to be like that or can I change it? I'm a noob to competitive battling, by the way.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask, but I've been on the Smogon PO server recently, using a UU team and it's always placing me in the Dream World tier (Moxie Heracross [don't judge me] ). Is it always going to be like that or can I change it? I'm a noob to competitive battling, by the way.
It's always going to do that, since Moxie Heracross isn't released yet.

Guts is good enough for the time being, IMO.

It's always going to do that, since Moxie Heracross isn't released yet.

Guts is good enough for the time being, IMO.
Ahhh, well thanks. Guts is good, I've been toying around with Moxie and Choice Scarf. Guess I need to make a Guts set for now.
There was actually a set from its thread same as the one I made up. Bahah

I'm Running

Quiet (I Think) Hydreigon (+SpA,-Atk)
Something Golurk (+Atk,-SpD)
Something Metagross (+Def,-Spe)
Brave Bisharp (+Atk,-Spe)
Timid Klinklang (+Spe,-Atk) (Not Picky With Natures)

What Would My Team Benefit More From, An Eviolite Quiet Porygon2, Or Leftovers Porygon-Z, And Adding To That, Trace Or Download On P2, Or Download Or Adaptability On P-Z?

Oh, And On Porygon-Z, Read Its HG/SS Entry

Its programming was modified to enable it to travel through alien dimensions. Seems there might have been an error...

Hehe.

^ Eviolite Porygon2 would provide alot more bulk, which your team desperatley needs. If you want Quiet, then....

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
DOWNLOAD
Quiet - 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
~Thunderbolt
~Ice Beam
~Recover
~Thunderwave / Tri-Attack / Hidden Power Fire

Oh, Sorry. Its Modest I Want. My Hydreigon Is Quiet, But I Got Them Confused. -_-. Sorry If I Seemed Like An Idiot. Thanks For The Set.
No-no-no, it's fine, lol. The nature doesn't matter much since it's doing the same thing. Well, if you run Modest, running T-Wave would actually allow you to outspeed some things as opposed to just crippling. Regardless, Porygon2 is as slow as propaneless steak, I'll tell ya' hwhat.

OK, Thanks. King Of The Hill Reference Ftw. Hank Hill Is Epic, And I'd Go Tri Attack, Personally. Paralysis, Burn And Freeze? And The Hax In The Current Metagame. Yes Please. I Like T-Attack Better Anyways.

the abilty magic guard defends against non direct attack moves. does that means the pokemon is unaffected by attacks like surf? if not, what attacks does not affect the pokemon with this ability?

edit nvm found the answer :)

Sorry if I missed it, but what nature are you running? I want to figure it out, but the nature affects my calulations. :p
Oops, sorry bout that. I run Adamant, iirc. Anyways, it's a neutral speed nature.

warweeny said:
can a pokemon have all stats 31 iv?
While this looks like a simple question, it must be added that this is only true for Gen V games, like Black and White. Gen 4 games are a maybe. For example, Brave 31/31/31/31/31/31 Dialga is unobtainable in DPPtHGSS, as the RNG mechanics are set up such that only 4 of the natures can have hex-flawless (I.e. all 31) IVs. Iirc, those 4 are Docile, Modest and two others that elude me right now. This is because the PIDRNG and IVRNG are the one and the same in Gen IV, and hence some combinations are impossible. Gen V introduced the Mersenne Twister RNG, a separate one for IVs versus Natures, and hence any combination is possible.

Anyways, if you're playing on BW, it's nothing to worry about. It's only if you are working with DPPtHGSS that it becomes an issue to watch out for when trading to make sure you aren't getting a hack.

Someone fill in the natures please, I forget the other two which are able to have hex-flawless IVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)