Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
That depends; for something such as VGC, no. For something such as Random Wifi matches, I don't think your name really matters...
What about trading on Smogon? I am trying to learn to RNG and bought the AR to check IVs, and I realized I really don't like my name (it's Shofu on my White and even though I named it before even knowing about THE Shofu , I don't relish having the same name as someone who is banned)

lol but Shofu is awesome...

Anyways, you should be ok; anything that you owned BEFORE you changed your name will stay legit, although it will all appear to be received in a trade.

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

lol but Shofu is awesome...

Anyways, you should be ok; anything that you owned BEFORE you changed your name will stay legit, although it will all appear to be received in a trade.

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.
Shofu IS awesome... but he is on the wifi blacklist and I don't want to someone to mix me up with a hacker.

Thank you very much for your help.

Another thing, has there been a release date for how soon we'll have B/W incorporated into the strategy pokedex? I know that Pokemon Online has them included.

What exactly do I have to do in order to get furniture from Loblolly? I've never been to the Dream World until right now; I tucked my Reshiram in, and she still wouldn't give me anything. Do I need to wake it up after visiting the Dream Word in order to get furniture, or what?

EDIT: Yep, apparently, that's it.

If you use a move like thief to steal an item off of another trainer's pokemon in-game (for example, from one of your rivals), does it remain with you after the battle or disappear (presumably given back to the trainer)?

@Misdreavus

1.Talk to her and pick a furniture
2. Tuck in a pokemon and go to your house.
3. Look for furniture that you picked.
4. Place furniture somewhere.
5. Finish DW and untuck.
6. Talk to Loblolly again for more furniture.
7. Rinse.
8. Repeat.

All I did was talk to her, pick whichever one I wanted, and then I went to the dream catalouge and you get it for free.

There's Two Responses I Found On Gamespot GameFAQs. Oh, And Thanks For The Help On My Question Es.Rayky

@Shepard

I'm Pretty Sure There's Someone In Driftveil That Says Something Like "You Get Most Items Back, But One Use Items (Gems, Berries, Etc) Seem To Disappear.

What was the first non-legendary pokemon put in Ubers?
i think it was Wobuffet but not sure
There wasn't really a first non-legendary poke in ubers but Garchomp was voted ubers rather quickly. Woobuffet was in it's own tier a long time (Limbo).
In gen 5 it's Blaziken.

Toon Abw:

No, because the Pokemon with the substitute is never "hit" with the attack, but rather its substitute. My description for Weak Armor:

"Whenever bearer is hit by a physical attack by a non-bearer, bearer's Defense is decreased by 1 stage and its Speed is increased by 1 stage. "

If you use a move like thief to steal an item off of another trainer's pokemon in-game (for example, from one of your rivals), does it remain with you after the battle or disappear (presumably given back to the trainer)?
No. I used Dusknoir's Thief to take Cheren's Emboar's Focus Sash, and I didn't keep it after the battle (and it didn't activate in the battle either)

No, it just means it will always survive one attack due to Sturdy. After that, it'll have 1 health, and be knocked out by almost anything.

The idea of the Aron is question, is to use it in a SS team (or any other residual damage, but SS is preferred), where it uses Sturdy to stay alive at 1 health, and then Endeavour on the same turn (being level 1, it'll move second) to bring you down to 1 health, after which SS damage will kill you.

But you can easily beat it simply by using Taunt, to shut down Endeavour. Or, entry hazards to stop it's Sturdy from ever activating. It's certainly not unbeatable.

EDIT: quasi-Accelgor'd

Anyways, it's a real gimmicky pokemon, so it's likely you won't even see it that often. It's like FEAR, hilarious but not very practical.

No, it just means it will always survive one attack due to Sturdy. After that, it'll have 1 health, and be knocked out by almost anything.

The idea of the Aron is question, is to use it in a SS team, where it uses Sturdy to stay alive at 1 health, and then Endeavour on the same turn (being level 1, it'll move second) to bring you down to 1 health, after which SS damage will kill you.

But you can easily beat it simply by using Taunt, to shut down Endeavour. Or, entry hazards to stop it's Sturdy from ever activating. It's certainly not unbeatable.
Also note that it should carry Shell Bell to restore all of its HP from Endeavor.

@ Silent
Aron is Rock/Steel. His "killing" move, Endeavor, is Normal-type.

Yeah, that is a pain, since Sturdy will continuously replenish due to Shell Bell. Still, yeah, a ghost or a multi-hit move is best, but i wouldn't go about building my team with Aron on the top of my threat list. You might lose one or two matches, but chances are you'll be more concerned with other threats.

Nah, there's a lot that can beat Aron. Poison, Burn, Hail, Ghost Pokemon, Steel Pokemon, Substitute, Multi Hit attacks, Mold Breaker, etc. It's only normal attacks that don't work against it. A well prepared team should have SOMETHING that can counter Aron.

Ninja'd 4 times over. I need to learn to type faster.

Nah, there's a lot that can beat Aron. Poison, Burn, Hail, Ghost Pokemon, Steel Pokemon, Substitute, Multi Hit attacks, Mold Breaker, etc. It's only normal attacks that don't work against it. A well prepared team should have SOMETHING that can counter Aron.
Aron is Steel-type. It can't be Poisoned.

Also, Endeavor breaks Subs and still heals Aron's HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)