Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
poccil:

My answer does imply that all hits of a multi-hit attack are counted. My description for Normal Gem and the like reads:

"As an attack by the holder begins, if it would deal damage against at least one of its targets
and has the same type as that named by this item, that attack's power is multiplied by 1.5 and this item is consumed before damage calculation. (Counts all hits of a multi-hit attack. Attacks used on different rounds are considered separate attacks.)"

The way I worded this description, attacks like Earthquake, which can have multiple targets, will have boosted power against all those targets.

Moreover, the Grass Gem effect combines with Technician, since Bullet Seed's power is 25, thus less than or equal to 60.

I have got some questions: If i hack TWO pokemon and make them breed (of course, legally breeding, they are from the same egg group,female and male) will the newborn pokemon be considered as hacked or legit ????? What if only ONE of the parents is hacked and the other legit????

Hi guys, I'm trying this guy in OU:

Crustle @ Mental Herb; Sturdy
Shell Smash / X-Scissors / Stone Edge / ???

Mental Herb cancels Taunt from faster pokemon (um... it's all of them). What move should I use in the last slot?

I have got some questions: If i hack TWO pokemon and make them breed (of course, legally breeding, they are from the same egg group,female and male) will the newborn pokemon be considered as hacked or legit ????? What if only ONE of the parents is hacked and the other legit????
I don't see how the offspring is any different from a legit pokemon, as long as the combination of egg moves are legal.

Back to my question: Does Cherrim Flower Gift boost Special Attack in GenV? Been seeing conflicting answers on the web. But on Smogon, Serebii, and Bulbapedia, it says Attack and Special Defense, but that info is from Gen4 I believe.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Shroomisaur:

The Normal Gem and the like would only affect the first turn of attacks such as Thrash, since the attack is used on different turns, not the same turn as is the case with multi-hit attacks such as Tail Slap and Bonemerang.
Huh, that's interesting to know. I guess the in-game description is somewhat misleading; I would have assumed the gems would not boost all of the bullet seed/icicle spear/etc hits. Thanks poccil!

Hi guys, I'm trying this guy in OU:

Crustle @ Mental Herb; Sturdy
Shell Smash / X-Scissors / Stone Edge / ???

Mental Herb cancels Taunt from faster pokemon (um... it's all of them). What move should I use in the last slot?
Maybe add in Rock Blast for 'Sashes and Substitutes?

Gosh, I tried to think about an answer for this question, but your avatar is keeping me in a trance... So... Disturbing...
Heh, lol.

Still trying to find answer for this question, will Max Adamant Vanilluxe w/Ice Shard KO Mienshao that lost half HP with HiJumpKick missing?

Still trying to find answer for this question, will Max Adamant Vanilluxe w/Ice Shard KO Mienshao that lost half HP with HiJumpKick missing?
No. Mienshao (with 4 HP EVs) has 272 HP at level 100, so if loses exactly half its HP, it will have 136 HP. According to Marriland's damage calculator (Metalkid's is down, so I had to use a different one), Ice Shard will do between 90 and 105 damage.

No. Mienshao (with 4 HP EVs) has 272 HP at level 100, so if loses exactly half its HP, it will have 136 HP. According to Marriland's damage calculator (Metalkid's is down, so I had to use a different one), Ice Shard will do between 90 and 105 damage.
Forgot to say, but what if it's boosted with an Ice Gem.

I have a question about male only pokemon Such as Tauros and Nidoran M. Is it at all possible to breed for their DW abilities?
Tauros, you'd have to catch it for the DW ability, you cannot breed it. About Nidoran, get a female one and breed the DW ability to the offspring Nidoran. The offspring is 50% Male or Female gender.

Hey guys, haven't been on here since last August. I've been unsuccessfully searching for a link to download whatever program Smogon uses for metagame battling. I recently bought a new laptop when my last one died so no chance of getting anything off of the drive. Help?

Has anyone else had trouble finding an Adamant Synchronizing Munna in the wild?

I've literally been at it for 2 days and have probably wasted over 8 hours trying for one and I've found every other nature but Adamant. What's the deal with this? Am I just really unlucky?

Forgot to say, but what if it's boosted with an Ice Gem.

Tauros, you'd have to catch it for the DW ability, you cannot breed it. About Nidoran, get a female one and breed the DW ability to the offspring Nidoran. The offspring is 50% Male or Female gender.
Just make sure you don't evolve the Nidoran F; Nidorina & Nidoqueen can't breed

besides looking 10 times cooler?
Nice opinion.

Scyther is faster, that's about it. Being 4x weak to SR (along with Electric and Ice weaknesses) bites and it doesn't hit as hard. Also lacks Superpower and BOOLET PANCH.

Has anyone else had trouble finding an Adamant Synchronizing Munna in the wild?

I've literally been at it for 2 days and have probably wasted over 8 hours trying for one and I've found every other nature but Adamant. What's the deal with this? Am I just really unlucky?
Synchronize Elgyem at the top of Celestial Tower has higher encounter rate. That aside, you're just unlucky.

I think Eviolite Scyther is an OK baton passer...

Is there any advantage to using Scyther over Scizor in OU besides looking 10 times cooler?
Considering Stealth Rocks are not as dominant as they once were that weakness isn't it's biggest threat any more. It has a nice niche against fighting types (which have become quite dominant) however it lacks the overall stats that Scizor has and there are better pokemon suited to the role that you would have it do.

Competitive Battling Novice

Hey guys.

I'm comepletly new to this. An example would be creating a thread somewhere where it shouldn't have been :/ xD

i want to get into competitive battling. But i need to know how this all works. I realise most of it comes with experience... but do get experience i need a good team.. so i guess i need tips on creating a good solid begginers team. so tha i can branch out into other areas when i get more confident.

because i really know nothing and would get swamped if i even tried to have a battle with anyone.

I don't know if it's just me, but rocks are still very much everywhere. I practically have to pack a spinner if I want to use Volcarona.
It's more with this whole Team preview you can run anti-leads all over the place and either shut down their rocks or they just don't bother/get around to putting them up (or get them up late game) but it's certainly not like last generation when we had dedicated suicide leads to get up rocks Aerodactyl as an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)