Apprentice Program - Round Thirty Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Probably too late, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Shoddy Battle nick: Frosty
Time zone: GMT -3
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6:00-9:00 PM on Tuesday/Thursday/Friday, 8:00-9:00 PM on Wednesday and Monday, Saturday before 12:00 PM and after 6:00 PM and the entire sunday.
Do you want to play in the tournament: no
Experience level: I've been playing competitively for about 9 months or so and I consider myself to be fairly decent. I've also participated in some tourneys with some success.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Ubers, OU (UU not so much)
A little about myself: I joined the program for two rounds some time ago and was tutored by Jackal on both. While it was quite productive, a hell lot has changed since then (mainly with the ban of garchomp and plat) and I find that creating teams is becoming even harder than usually. Oh, and I am a law student currently on vacation (2 weeks left) and...yeah. That should be all.

Got to make it this time, can't let this be the..... I lost track.

Shoddy Battle Nickname: theproxy
Time Zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7:00 PM- 12:00 AM on weekdays, 2:00 PM - 12:00 AM on weekends (but occasionally my internet will be down).
Do You Want To Play In The Tournament: Yes
Experience level: I have never played competitive, though I've been introduced to it a few years ago. I know a little of the basic and a little theory, but that's it.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, OU, Ubers
A little about myself: I've been a lurker to Smogon for about a year, until I decided that I wanted to learn how to play, when I finally had some time to allow myself to do so. I was beginning to think that 'regular' Pokemon games were getting boring, so I was hoping that competitive Pokemon would rekindle my interest in the series. I am currently a high school senior planning to major in video game programming and development next year.

D/P Apprentice Program - Round Thirty Seven

Shoddy Battle nick: h3h.exe
Time zone: -5gmt
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 3pm-6pm 9pm-x Mornings 6:30-8pm Those are times i go on usually if not x then y
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes
Experience level: I understand the OU metagame well. But i can improve. Ubers i really know nothing. Like what counters what Etc.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Uber , OU , UU
A little about myself: I currently hit 1530 on my account. But i'm struggling on Standard Ladder and could use help. I also enjoy playing fps games. And i'm a very competeive when it comes to pokes. I be pretty easy to teach, I really tho need to get to learn the uber tier.

Edit: Age typo

Shoddy Battle nick: vaca
Time zone: Western Europe Time (GMT)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Tuesday and Friday: 12:00 AM to 3:00 PM; Sunday and Saturday: 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?
Yes
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Uber, UU, BL
Experience level*: Not much, I know what are Walls, Sweepers, Supporters, Clerics, oh well that things. I know about the Natures, the EVs, the IVs.
A little about myself: I'm a guy who likes fun and being with friends.

Shoddy Battle nick: adub_banded
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I’m on pretty randomly between 4-9 on weekdays and all day weekends.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? No
Experience level: I’ve played pokemon for many years, but not competitively until this past summer. I’m not that good (maybe 6 out of 10), but I love to learn. My prediction is decent, but my teambuilding sucks.
Teirs: OU, UU, Uber
A little about myself: I am an honor student with a 4 point, so I may not be able to get on all the time when homework catches up with me. I play on the soccer team. I listen to rock music and play the saxophone. I want to be an engineer when I grow up. I lurk around the forums a lot. That’s about it.
Anyone tutor will be fine. Thanks!

Way too late but oh well!

Shoddy Battle nick:
Dan_Dan, Tlaloc
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 2-6PM weekdays, whenever weekends
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? No thanks
Experience level: I've been playing pokemon since GSC, albeit not that well! I've never won a major tournament, and frequently get dumped out in the early rounds. I feel somewhat detached from the "new age" of pokemon battling, and frankly don't feel I can compete with the whipper snappers of today.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Ubers, UU
A little about myself: Hey I'm Dan, I'm 20 and live England. I'm studying Chemistry as an undergraduate at Univeristy at the moment, and also work in analytical chemistry. I'm signing up to the apprentice program so I can reignite my teambuilding skills and try to compete with the top battlers.

Shoddy Battle nick: SuperBored

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5-10pm the week and 2-10pm weekend
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? No
Experience level: Well I did some battles, I know EV training but Im not a super battler and thats why I want to improve =3
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): I would like to begin with OU and maybe try UU
A little about myself: Well my name is David, I live in Montreal, Quebec. I would love to get a tutor to get better and learn but at the end of the journey, getting a new friend is cool too =3

Shoddy Battle nick: ziamatt

Time zone: EST (GMT-5)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays-3 to 10 pm sporadically, Weekends-12 to 10 pm sporadically
Experience level: Played Pokemon since the days of Red & Blue but never competitively
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Overused
A little about myself: I've been playing Pokemon since Red and Blue, but I've never been to serious about it competitively. I understand the concepts that drive teams but have difficulty putting it together into a team. The biggest problem I have is using a mixture of concepts to create a balanced team.

Scimjara

Bert Stare
is a Tutor Alumnus
Shoddy Battle nick: Rahi123
Time zone:Gmt-8 America Canada
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): On every day Weekdays 5 pm-8 pm Weekends 10Am-10Pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? YES
Experience level: 1600+ shoody team before good skills
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU
A little about myself:
Well i like pokemon and i just want to get better at it better meaing battling and perdiction skill wise. Other than that i play basketball alot and alot of baseball i do watch football yes go Steelers lol yah.

Shoddy Battle nick:hellflames
Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):from about 4-6 and then 8-9 on weekdays and weekends vary
Experience level:enough
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU
A little about myself:I'm not new to the OU environment i just left pokemon for a bit and lost all my prediction skills and I need some help with making team and I'm willing to pay attention XD

Shoddy Battle nick: SkyNet18
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): weekday 1-4pm weekdays, whenever weekends
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yeah
Experience level: I've been play for about a year now, but I still have to learn alot.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU
A little about myself: I'm Steve I'm 19 from England by day I'm a HGV Technician by Night I'm a hardcore partyer, I'm of course a gamer too, I'm into action games, driving game, sports sims and of course pokemon.

Shoddy Battle nick: Mr.L
Time zone: CMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): like 1:00PM-11:00
Experience level: out of 10, 6 or 7 i believe
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Ubers, UU
A little about myself: I am experienced in using stall teams, and hope to use it to my full potential

Shoddy Battle nick:Weroup

Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):10:00 to 11:00 pm i can do Sunday Afternoons too
Experience level:I have been trying to play since i was 10
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU,Uber,UU
A little about myself:I am sixteen years old,a professional lazer tag player by trade,(number 1 in Maryland),I also like Brawl and Halo.I play Yugioh too.That is about it

Shoddy Battle nick: Micaiahs Togekiss
Time zone:PST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 9:00-10:00
Experience level: probably 4/10
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Uber
A little about myself: I like yellow mice.

Shoddy Battle nick: Xeorr
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 3-8 pm weekdays, 7am - 10 pm weekends
Experience level: know how to breed, ev train etc, but need help with team building
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU->UU->UBER
A little about myself: im canadian (eh?), im very outgoing i have decent marks and im a nice person, im very willing to learn, i love eating, so you may often find me going for snack breaks.

Shoddy Battle nick: I don't have one yet...
Time zone: GMT -5 (Eastern Standard Time)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): A few weekday evenings and weekends.
Do you want to play in the tournament: Probably not.
Experience level: I've played pokemon forever, I've just never tried to be competitive at it. I've EV trained a handful of pokemon but never made a fully functioning team
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Uber
A little about myself: Typical stuff... music, movies, games, sports, etc. Just looking to get competitive at this Pokemon stuff :D

Shoddy Battle Nick: Shelcario
Time Zone: Eastern Time
Regular Online Hours(Eastern Time):Whatever time I need to be on, except Mondays-Thursdays(4:00-8:00)
Do you want to play in the tournament:Yes
Experience Level:I've been playing pokemon ever since RBY days but, I believe I could use some mentoring.
Tiers I need help in:OU,Ubers,Maybe UU
A little about myself:I love playing games, and when I get bored of that I usually enjoy watching TV to see what's on, and keep up to date with what's going on in the world.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
We have more than enough sign ups for the time being!

I'll close this for now, and pairings will be updated soon enough.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Official Battling 101 Tournament #7 - Round One

It's that time again people! We have 32 competitors scattered from throughout rounds 36 and 37, all ready and raring to prove themselves on the battle field! Good luck to everybody!

Flashstorm1 v Cattle
Accipender v Valantaro
TNearPM v Misaki-chi
Mr_Goodbar v lionking
Jenta v Lunar Fang
R2 v Burzum
Xia v burnpsy
Tucker v Archibald_83
Megaman_Z v Fenix
Reno v cyberzero
animenagai v umbreonleader
Spidy v FrozenRose
Macle v iBojangles
MagicMaster87 v PirateMetalTroy
13blue101 v X-Unknown019
Bon Jovi v Dragonknight08

Rules:
~ Evasion Clause enabled
~ Freeze Clause enabled
~ OHKO Clause enabled
~ Sleep Clause enabled
~ Species Clause enabled
~ Timed Battle enabled
~ Avoid scouting (scouting on purpose will result in a disqualification from the tournament)
~ No illegal movesets (such as Pursuit & Selfdestruct Snorlax)
~ Any Pokemon defined as "Uber" by Smogon is banned from the tournament (yes, this means Garchomp!)
~ Please PM logs to me after completing your battles to clear up any conflicts should they arise

If you have any queries, please forward them to myself or Havak.

The deadline for this round is February 14, 7:00PM (GMT +8).

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Flashstorm1 v Cattle - KG is a good tutor.
Accipender v Valantaro - I've seen his name in a bunch of tournies...
TNearPM v Misaki-chi - If it's randbat you'll win the tourney
Mr_Goodbar v lionking - :D
Jenta v Lunar Fang- faced you a few times
R2 v Burzum
Xia v burnpsy
Tucker v Archibald_83
Megaman_Z v Fenix
Reno v cyberzero
Spidy v FrozenRose
Macle v iBojangles
MagicMaster87 v PirateMetalTroy - dunno
13blue101 v X-Unknown019
Bon Jovi v Dragonknight08 - I hate Bon Jovi his mullet bothers me

Good luck to all the tutees.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ah, sorry I didn't start this already BK, I didn't know when you wanted it for. I'll take over the rest of the rounds if you want though :)

BLeh I still gotta perfect my team rawr.

Flashstorm1 v Cattle
Accipender v Valantaro
TNearPM v Misaki-chi
Mr_Goodbar
v lionking
Jenta v Lunar Fang
R2 v Burzum
Xia v burnpsy
Tucker
v Archibald_83 I heard Tucker is uber sexy.
Megaman_Z v Fenix
Reno v cyberzero
Spidy
v FrozenRose
Macle v iBojangles
MagicMaster87
v PirateMetalTroy
13blue101 v X-Unknown019 - Indifferent
Bon Jovi v Dragonknight08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)