Apprentice Program - Round Thirty Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
We are ready to begin Round Thirty Seven of the tutoring program; if you wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. We are here for you...so take advantage!

The first 16 people to indicate interest in placement in the next apprentice tournament will be given a place in the seventh official Battling 101 tournament, which will be commencing during this round.

NEW! We now tutor the UU and Ubers tiers rather than just the OU tier. Please do not forget to indicate which tiers you would like to learn in order of preference, and we will accommodate you as best we can.

This round will last until January February 22, 2009.

Shoddy Battle nick:
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?
Experience level:
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):
A little about myself:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

YOU MUST BE ABLE TO USE SHODDY BATTLE TO PARTICIPATE!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Round Thirty Seven Match-Ups

Seven Deadly Sins - Tucker
DawnBringer - xX_reaper_Xx
Olie - kingdra-13
Twash - FrozenRose
Twist of Fate - Reno
Aeroblacktyl - Valantaro
MS - animenagai
maddog - Thebattler1
JabbaTheGriffin - Jiovaine11
Bass - Spidy
LonelyNess - The Urkman
Jackal - cyberzero
Limitless - umbreonleader
tennisace - IceTime
Gouki - Macle
Max - Mr_Goodbar
Calciphoce - iBojangles
darkie - tangramman
Stathakis - lionking
zerowing - Lunar Fang
Tangerine - Dragonknight08
Caelum - MagicMaster87
Beej - Megaman_Z
chaos 9 - PirateMetalTroy
RB Golbat - Phantom
Legacy Raider - 13blue101
TAY - X-Unknown019
Kevin Garrett - Bon Jovi
Articanus - tripe
moi - Thorns
reachzero - Aevealon
Great Sage - XxBlueCleric.xX
Jimbo - NeoNazi
Colonel M - Chickensandwichk
Bologo - NunoDude
Elevator Music - I PWN YOU
august - C. Falcon
Sapientia - Vashta Narada
__

Best of luck!

Assigned to Seven Deadly Sins

Shoddy Battle nick: Tucker
Time zone: PST +1; GMT -5
Do you want to play in the tournament: I'd be delighted
Experience level: After recently building what I consider to be my best team, it wasn't that great but good for me I decided that my team building skills were dismill, my prediction is decent, and plan ahead thinking is above average.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU
A little about myself: Turning 16 this year woot ^.^, Sophomore Honor student, blah, blah, blah, I would like a really good team builder like SoT as my Tutor. I have been refreshing looking for this to start for a few days, and I just got home and then it gets posted talk about fate. Some of you know be as a breeder, (the whole superpoke incident), I decided to return to battling after a large break, however that means after I finish all my pendings assuming my Wi-Fi works I won't be trading for a while.

Assigned to Dawnbringer

Shoddy Battle nick: daniel_cosmo, xX_reaper_Xx
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6:00-7:00
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? No thx
Experience level: I have played some time in shoddy but im not really good and my prediction skillz suckz i always made bad predictions and i get owned really easily,
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Uber
A little about myself: I took a course before but i think i need to improve more, and improve my prediction skillz too...

Assigned to Olie

Shoddy Battle nick:kingdra13
Time zone:standard mountain time(GMT -7)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):anywhere between 7-10 pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?no
Experience level:rookie
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):I only play OU.
A little about myself:Just your average Pokemon player!

Assigned to Twash

Shoddy Battle nick: Bobtail
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7-9 am & 3-5 pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes
Experience level: I've been playing for a quite bit but i don't think i'm that good, whenever i have a match with someone i can get down two or three of there pokemon down but in the end they beat me.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Uber, UU
A little about myself: I live in England and i've been playing pokemon since Fire Red and Leaf Green.

Assigned to Twist of Fate

Shoddy Battle nick: Reno or unfaithful

Time zone: GMT

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Varies... generally after college (4pm) till about 11pm, but weekends I am on for quite a lot of the day.

Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes.

Experience level: I would say I am average. I tend to overpredict a lot and haven't achieved a high rating, but I can play well as long as I concentrate.

Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU/UU.

A little about myself: 17, currently at college studying History, English Literature and Resistant Materials. At the moment I am obsessed with darts as it is fantastically fun. I used to unicycle, but I kind of stopped that as I am lazy. I am into films, music, books, games, quite a lot of stuff. I am pretty impatient and can get annoyed easily, but I have got better with keeping my temper in check. I have been playing Pokemon competitively since 3rd gen, although I joined a little late. Not a fan of using the generic Heatran/Salamence/Scizor etc. team, I try to find ways of using the cooler stuff like Moltres and Hitmontop and fitting them into my OU teams. OU is really the only tier I play, although UU would be interesting to try again.

Assigned to Aeroblacktyl

Shoddy Battle nick: Mr.T, k1nj3-Rhydon
Time zone: GMT- 5
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5-8pm (Monday-Thursday) All day Friday-Sunday
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience level: Moderate
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Ubers / OU
A little about myself: I'm just your average Pokemon enjoying teenager. School's been getting tough, but I still have time to participate in tournaments and such 8D

Assigned to MS

Shoddy Battle nick: animenagai, nagai - testing, nagai
Time zone: GMT + 12
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 21:00 - 1:00 eastern time (loosely)
Experience level: 2 years I believe. Experienced.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Ubers. OU's the only one where I've really played in, but it's also the one I want to focus on.
A little about myself: In terms of battling, I often make it to the smogon OU top 50. However, once I get thereI lose quite a bit, going on losing streaks and such. I feel that I am a good player, but I want to be elite. That's how my teams are too, so I want to fix that, building with a clear strategy without giving up on individual strength (of pokes) or type synergy. I've also been told that I'm predictable, but that's on and off. I've decided to throw out the prediction concept a bit and just approach each move in a cost/benefit analysis type way, so that could be improved upon too.

I've also been i the program once before BTW, but because of time zone differences and quite honestly, the lack of intuitiive on the tutor's part, I really didn't learn much. MS and puggy/caelum are good e-friends of mine, and we go online about the same time, so that could be cool. It'll be a bit weird with puggy teaching me though, as I always thought of us as being on the same level (for OU anyways) :D

Assigned to maddog

Shoddy Battle nick: TheBattler1
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Anytime prob.
Do you want to play in the tournament: No
Experience level: I know OU inside out but besides that...
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Ubers
A little about myself: This program is awesome, which is why I'm participating again. I want to learn team building in Ubers and practice in Ubers.

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to JabbaTheGriffin

Shoddy Battle nick: Jiovaine11/Starstorm98
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays 3pm-6pm Weekends 3pm-8pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: No thank you
Experience level: decent but I'm would like to become better.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU/Ubers/UU
A little about myself: I play piano and I'm a sophomore in high school. I tend to be a little shy around new people but I'm very open towards my friends.

I request Legacy Raider as my tutor, if not him then anyone would be fine.

Assigned to Bass

Shoddy Battle nick:Spidy
Time zone:-6 gmt
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):2 - 12 pm unless i am working
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?yes
Experience level:Moderate
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU
A little about myself:I signed up for the last session, however midway through it my laptop charger died and i could no longer talk to my tutor, so this session i would like bass as my tutor again so we can finish what we started.
Tutor Requested:
Bass

Assigned to LonelyNess

Shoddy Battle nick: The Urkman
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4-7:30 PM
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? no
Experience level: Medium
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, OU, Uber
A little about myself: I have been playing competitive pokemon for around a year now. I like to win at all costs. I love sports, especially football. I am in 8th grade and I usually get all A's ^_^.

Assigned to Jackal

Shoddy Battle nick: cyberzero, cyberia, CZ
Regular Online Hours: All week, 4-11, varying
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience level: I've been playing OU for about a year, but have been mediocre to decent in that time. I've been tutored last round by Beej, who was an amazing tutor and definitely helped my game, but I'm still looking to get better and get different views. I've passed 1500 on the SU ladder.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Ubers
A little about myself: I've learned about Smogon through the Create-A-Pokemon project where I am very active, and I am a server regular. I consider myself sociable and am always willing to help.

If possible, I'd like to be tutored by someone I know; namely, SoT, Bass, tennisace, Elevator Music or darkie, please.

Assigned to Limitless

Shoddy Battle nick:umbreonleader
Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):3-5PM
Experience level:moderate, decent in prediction, teambuilding sucks.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU, UU, Ubers
A little about myself: I have a little experience, but still have a low rating on shoddy because most of my teams suck. I really like pokemon and smogon. I have an amazing ditto on diamond.

Assigned to tennisace

Shoddy Battle nick: IceTime
Time zone: GMT+8 (Singapore Time)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Eastern is GMT-5 right? Erm... Weekends i'm free just about any time, while weekdays, mondays and wednesdays i'm on 7pm to bout 11pm my time, the other days around 5pm to bout 11pm my time, so that would make

Mondays Wednesdays: 6am to 10am
Tuesdays Thursdays Fridays: 4am to 10am
Weekends: whatever

Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? No =D
Experience level: I'm okay, not too experienced though, predictions are okay for me, teambuilding is more meh.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU! I'll worry about UU and Uber next round or after. If i have the time though, Uber over UU.
A little about myself: I've been here a while now, always wanted to participate in the apprentice program, so here i am now. turning 15 this year, still love pokemon despite what others say. probably the only singaporean smogonite. =D my playstyle is incredibly offensive, so i would like to request an experienced tutor who is more inclined to heavy/all-out offense.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to Gouki

Shoddy Battle nick: Macle
Time zone: GMT-6
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6-11
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes
Experience level: This will be my 3rd time being tutored. I'm pretty good with prediction and my team building is alright. Mostly I want to round out my skills to help me get more involved in the community.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Uber, UU
A little about myself: I don't post that often. My life is pretty busy with school and basketball. I really love pokemon though.

Assigned to Max

Shoddy Battle nick: junebug
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yea but I think I'm in it from last round
Experience level: Pretty good, but room for improvement still
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU
A little about myself: I'm in college, I'm a bum, that's it in a nutshell lol

I'd like to request that I get a tutor who has been in the program for awhile if I could.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Assigned to Calciphoce

Shoddy Battle nick: iBojangles
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): weekdays - about 7:30 to 9 PM, anytime friday night or saturday
Experience level: Fairly decent. Mainly OU, but a bit of Ubers
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Ubers, UU
A little about myself: I started playing pokemon again early last year and I found Smogon soon after. I've never been tutored before.

Assigned to darkie

Shoddy Battle nick: tngram
Time zone: Mountain
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7 - 11 PM, save for Mondays.
Do you want to play in the tournament: No
Experience level: Virtually none, although I do build my own teams and battle frequently. If that helps. =\
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Ubers.
A little about myself: I like battling, I'm just no good at it. So I decided to join the program. Let's hope it helps.

Assigned to Stathakis

Shoddy Battle nick: Thekingofhamsters
Time zone:
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): (4-6) - (10 - 12)
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? If I'm not too late, I'd like to play in the tournament. I shall not lose the first round!
Experience level: I think I started playing last October. I've been gone for a while, but I'm used to everything. I need to figure out what works. I'm not a completely bad player, but I tend to build teams that just fail. I'd like to correct this, so I can build decent teams everytime, and play fairly well with 'em. I happen to be a Canadian. Canadians ftw <3
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Ubers
A little about myself: I can be really chatty, despite being an introverted person in real life. In battles, I tend to play rushed unless I want to take my time, and I don't formulate plans very often. Sure I will notice things, but it does not always win me games. I've got an appreciation for all sorts of food. I'm into cartoonish strategy games like Fire Emblem.

I request somebody that isn't DB, GreatSage, Havak(because I already had 'em before).

Assigned to zerowing

Shoddy Battle nick: Lunar Fang
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4- 11
Experience level: I'd say I'm decent.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU
A little about myself: Long story short -Sports, School, Work,

(I request that I don't get a tutor from CAP since I'm pretty much already tight-knit with them all.)

Assigned to Tangerine

Shoddy Battle nick:Dragonknight08., Dragonknight_08
Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):5-10
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?yes
Experience level:im ok, not the greatest.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, UBER
A little about myself: i try to always be fair. i've been playing for many years now, got into competitive ~4 months after diamond came out. still not very good at making new teams. i enjoy helping people, and hope to become a tutor eventually.

Assigned to Caelum

Shoddy Battle nick: MagicMaster87, MagicMaster87 Test
Time zone: EST; GMT-5
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 12PM - 3AM
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes, although I think I'm too late :(
Experience level: About two months, I think
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, OU
A little about myself: I'm a little older than the average user, but don't worry, I'm a kid at heart. :P I've only been playing for a few months, but I think I've played enough to memorize which Pokemon run which kind of sets (suicide, physical offensive/defensive, special offensive/defensive, etc.) and react accordingly. My main problem seems to be building a coherent team, which is especially important in OU. I've been playing OU longer, but I like UU better, so I'd prefer help with that if possible. I have no clue how to come up with good EV spreads for custom sets either, so I'd appreciate help with that as well.

As for non-Pokemon stuff, I'm an avid fan of Negima and Bleach, as well as the Yugioh TCG. I'm not the most talkative person, especially around people/places I don't know, but I'll usually open up more after a while. I'd like to say I have a good sense of humor, but like beauty, that opinion changes from person to person. :P

Assigned to Beej

Shoddy Battle nick: Kos
Time zone: CST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6pm -11pm (usually)
Experience level: Moderate
A little about myself: Well I am have been playing Shoddy for a year or so now. But ever since Brawl came out it has taken over and haven't played Shoddy in the longest. I am determined to come back in the competitive environment. Areas where I really need help in is getting use to the metagame again and building well structured teams. Thanks.

Assigned to chaos 9

Shoddy Battle nick: PirateMetalTroy
Time zone: GMT -5 (Easter Standard Time)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 9:00am - 10:00am and 6:00pm - 11:00pm The only exception to this is Saturday when I'm on all day.
Do you want to play in the tournament: Sure, couldn't hurt. Someone has to lose in the first round right?
Experience level: None. Casual play at best.
A little about myself: I'm primarily a musician (guitar player), and I've been doing it for 10 years now. It's my life's passion, but I've been really into pokemon lately, but really only ever played pokemon for fun. I love the games, and I'm really more of a pokemon collector, and always prized my complete collections. But after you "catch em all", there's really nothing left to do but pit your skills (and your pokes) against someone else. That's why I'm here. I just want some help in building teams, and prediction (way too many bad switches) so I can actually win a few matches here and there. So that's me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)