5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Hello,

I was working in BW1 with seed DB332BB547461120, International breeding, ditto parent, no everstone or any other item. I was aiming for shiny frame 86 (timid). I hit it, got right nature, right EVs, but no shiny. I checked if by chance I was hitting the same seed but non-international but it appears the frame is entirely different (Lonely, different EV inheritance.) Not sure what is wrong. Any help?

Hello,

I was working in BW1 with seed DB332BB547461120, International breeding, ditto parent, no everstone or any other item. I was aiming for shiny frame 86 (timid). I hit it, got right nature, right EVs, but no shiny. I checked if by chance I was hitting the same seed but non-international but it appears the frame is entirely different (Lonely, different EV inheritance.) Not sure what is wrong. Any help?
And you have input your TID and SID correctly?

Did you remember to check the International Parents box in the Time Finder, and the Ditto parent boxes in the Time Finder and main window? And everything else matches too, right (ie ability, gender)?
Both are checked in both windows, yes. But actually, RNG generator indicated that 50% gender ratio was supposed to be female, and this one shows up as male. That's the only discrepancy though, everything else matches, including ability.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Both are checked in both windows, yes. But actually, RNG generator indicated that 50% gender ratio was supposed to be female, and this one shows up as male. That's the only discrepancy though, everything else matches, including ability.
Hmm. I've never seen the reporter be wrong like that. The fact that the gender is wrong would seem to indicate that you hit the wrong seed and it's just coincidence on it's other characteristics...but that's unlikely considering you apparently got the correct IV's. It's possible that your parents are not international and you actually hit frame 85. That would explain everything I think, assuming your Pokemon only has 1 ability. Are you 100% sure they're international parents? That might be the problem...they're really not.

edit: not that I'm saying the reporter is wrong...I've just never heard of that being a bug. Sorry, that wasn't clear.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hmm, another dumb question

So I'm on the point where I can capture Tornadus. So to make it harder on myself, I decided I wanted to catch a Hasty/Naive perfect Shiny Tornadus (because, why not? >___>)

So I got this seed: eaa27a0559d84b04

So the first two times I shifted my starting frame, and both times they came out with a Tornadus with a PID of 85EB8381 (Frame 740), so I tried and advance the frame 289 times (1 frame to 740, and 288 more frames to 1028 (the frame I want to hit) so I did that and I got this Tornadus with the PID of 3F5C6CBF (Frame 911) so I was no where near the Tornadus I wanted to hit. What is it that I did so wrong? .__.

Edit: Also, just wondering. How much does hail advance your frames?

According to the guide it states that:
  • No Weather Present: 550-750
  • Rain Present: 1500-1900
  • Snow Present (Winter Only): 260-300
But had no info on Hail. I assume it's the same as snow?

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/pprng_gen5_07_roamers

Last edited:

So I'm on the point where I can capture Tornadus. So to make it harder on myself, I decided I wanted to catch a Hasty/Naive perfect Shiny Tornadus (because, why not? >___>)

So the first two times I shifted my starting frame, and both times they came out with a Tornadus with a PID of 85EB8381 (Frame 740), so I tried and advance the frame 289 times (1 frame to 740, and 288 more frames to 1028 (the frame I want to hit) so I did that and I got this Tornadus with the PID of 3F5C6CBF (Frame 911) so I was no where near the Tornadus I wanted to hit. What is it that I did so wrong? .__.

The weather will advance your frames variously, so unless you consistently press A the same everytime, you will get varied results..
Try again and see where you end up as you'll probably spend days doing so :( I RNGd my Bold shiny Thundurus in 2 hours, but I'm still trying for my shiny Timid HP Flying one, as it just does not want to happen :P

Just because you're asking a question compared to this one that you've asked, doesn't mean it's a dumb question, it just means that you're learning and trying to understand.

So just to let you know, there is no such thing as a stupid or a dumb question. You can still ask questions even simple ones only if you're trying to understand whenever you wish.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Hi. I've been trying to RNG abuse hidden grotto for a prankster murkrow, to no luck.
After reading through the smogon guide, I spent some time looking at every single hidden grotto before the one I want to abuse (the pinwheel forest interior one) to make sure they had something in them. They do, so I go to the grotto, pick up the item that was in it, and save. I go to RNGReporter, and look for a seed which allows for a Slot 0 Sub-slot 0, 1, 2, 3 30% Female spread. I find one, and it has a timer0 of 1106 which is the one I most frequently get on my Black 2 and a keypress of start. I change my DS time, enter the game, go outside the grotto, walk 256 steps (a little more, using a repel to keep count)) then when I go back in, there's nothing in it (i've done it about 10 times). Am I doing something wrong? Or am I just being timer0 trolled? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Never mind, I screwed up because I was walking around outside to reset the grotto generation xD murkrow is safely sitting and waiting to be IV abused.

Last edited:

Maybe you can use a summer month? Also this page lists all the days you should avoid for each month as they have the weather in effect.

Also the frames said on the guide are not yet updated IIRC, if you check the guide on pprng it states that:

In order to better assist with determining the Roamer's shifted PID frame, you can use the following tips. Tornadus and Thundurus each have a different range generated for their shifted PID frame, with Tornadus's range between frame 600-620+ while Thundurus's lies between frame 440-460+.

Maybe the frames are erratic as said in the guide, note that the season change shouldn't happen AFTER you saved in the old lady's house (which auto triggers the cutscene for your roamer). However, I actually HAVE never determined the correct pattern on getting my desired roamer's nature, so I relied on trial and error with the chatot custom chatters, exit the old lady's house, catch my desired roamer, check nature and IVs.

Hi, I'm having some trouble with ID abuse on my W2 game. I hit the time correctly, I know my parameters and everything, but when I put the ID I get into the searcher, it comes up with no results. I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96.5

Hi, I'm having some trouble with ID abuse on my W2 game. I hit the time correctly, I know my parameters and everything, but when I put the ID I get into the searcher, it comes up with no results. I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96.5
It's probably a Timer0 issue. You may have hit the correct time but just got the wrong Timer0. There's nothing you can do but keep trying.

You shouldn't be soft resetting. You need to hard-reset.
Why shouldn't I be soft-resetting? I read that hard-resetting makes your parameters more erratic.

I want to RNG a Staryu, but I can't find the encounter slot on the black/white encounter table. Any advice?

Moderator edit: Please don't double post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Why shouldn't I be soft-resetting? I read that hard-resetting makes your parameters more erratic.
I've never heard of that and you should be hard-resetting for parameters.

I want to RNG a Staryu, but I can't find the encounter slot on the black/white encounter table. Any advice?
Because you're not looking at the right encounter table click [Surf Spot] at the bottom of the page [White] or [Surf] for [Black] or [Fishing Spot].

Hello. I'm kinda of new to the forums and to RNG as well, but I've already succesfully abused a few pokes. So I'm about to attempt Dream Radar Abuse, and I have a question. When calibrating with PPRNG in order to find my parameter, should I boot the game at the same time consistenly? And also, since I'm using a 3DS, should I start the game at exactly the same time I input into PPRNG, or should I take into account the 3DS delay and start the game 8 seconds prior? I've only RNG'd in BW and using RNG Reporter, so I'm not really sure if the calibration process for PPRNG is the same.

Art Vandelay

Banned deucer.
learning how to RNG in White, got my parameters. I'm in front of Zekrom, using Reporter 9.96.5 BETA, Method 5, stationary. However when I try to find Hex 31 IVs seeds I click Generate and get nothing. What's wrong?

learning how to RNG in White, got my parameters. I'm in front of Zekrom, using Reporter 9.96.5 BETA, Method 5, stationary. However when I try to find Hex 31 IVs seeds I click Generate and get nothing. What's wrong?
Did you try ticking all the months in a given year? You could also have more keypresses ticked on the parameters tab. If it still doesn't help, maybe you could post a screenshot.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Hello. I'm kinda of new to the forums and to RNG as well, but I've already succesfully abused a few pokes. So I'm about to attempt Dream Radar Abuse, and I have a question. When calibrating with PPRNG in order to find my parameter, should I boot the game at the same time consistenly? And also, since I'm using a 3DS, should I start the game at exactly the same time I input into PPRNG, or should I take into account the 3DS delay and start the game 8 seconds prior? I've only RNG'd in BW and using RNG Reporter, so I'm not really sure if the calibration process for PPRNG is the same.
It doesn't matter what time you start it at, so you can use the same time if you want. You'd put in the time you start the game from the 3ds menu without taking into account the delay (so if you push A at 00:00:15, you'd put in that time). So, yeah, with the exception of the exception of the availability of Unova Link Calibration, it's the same as before.

Last edited:
I've found that the website which offers the encounter table(http://eggmove.com) is unaccessible recently.(the domain is for sale~)

So where can I get the encounter lists of all generations pokemon games now?

Could someone provide me with a website, or an excel file? Thanks.
I also find this question and can anyone post the encounter table please?Thanks a lot:mad:

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
I've found that the website which offers the encounter table(http://eggmove.com) is unaccessible recently.(the domain is for sale~)

So where can I get the encounter lists of all generations pokemon games now?

Could someone provide me with a website, or an excel file? Thanks.
I also find this question and can anyone post the encounter table please?Thanks a lot:mad:
Here's some for BW2 (they're a little sparse in parts) until I or someone else finds some others :)
B2: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12206225/encounterb2.htm
W2: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12206225/encounterw2.htm

edit: actually I think I was just on the wrong tab >.>. They look good (seeing as how they were ripped from the game by Kaphotics)
edit2: Hidden Grotto: http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12206225/grotto.htm

edit 3: well, by no means ideal but here's a rough translation for Black (thanks, Google). Will probably have to look up the Japanese names for everything.
edit4: and for white best bet is to look up the Japanese name for what you're looking for and then ctrl+f
Japanese pages taken from Maruamyu.net

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what time you start it at, so you can use the same time if you want. You'd put in the time you start the game from the 3ds menu without taking into account the delay (so if you push A at 00:00:15, you'd put in that time). So, yeah, with the exception of the exception of the availability of Unova Link Calibration, it's the same as before.
Thanks for the clarification. Really appreciate it. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)