5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

No, no that's a good question. But no, I'm booting with A at a set time.

I will go back and put in some ranges though. Metalkid said the IVs were exact, but it wouldn't hurt to set them to 1 below and above. Thank you for the suggestion.
Also, do you think that you are pressing A for too long at boot? (Another n00bish question, since I am a n00b!)

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy

got it
thanks so much KingN for suggesting I widen the IV range
i never thought metalkid would be off like that (could have been my putting something in wrong too)

[edit]
Also, I've never searched for Wondercard seeds for gen 5. I read in Kaphotic's guide that the starting frame should be 60+. Am I misunderstanding this, or should I set the starting frame in Time Finder to 60 -80?

The question: Does RNGing effect what you will encounter?

Don't know if I worded that right but here are the details.

I was trying to catch a Elgyem using the seed FA6EA87451753022 which has a Timer0 of C7F.

But here is the strange thing, every Elgyem I catch is in the seed that has C80. I know they can flucuate, but I've also caught litwicks as well but everyone one of those have been in the C7F seed. I've caught in a row twenty pokemon. All the Litwicks were in the C7F and all the Elgyems were in the C80. So does this mean that I can not catch Elgyem using this seed and that I should try to look for another one?

Hopefully someone will understand what I'm asking. Thanks!

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The question: Does RNGing effect what you will encounter?

Don't know if I worded that right but here are the details.

I was trying to catch a Elgyem using the seed FA6EA87451753022 which has a Timer0 of C7F.

But here is the strange thing, every Elgyem I catch is in the seed that has C80. I know they can flucuate, but I've also caught litwicks as well but everyone one of those have been in the C7F seed. I've caught in a row twenty pokemon. All the Litwicks were in the C7F and all the Elgyems were in the C80. So does this mean that I can not catch Elgyem using this seed and that I should try to look for another one?
welcome to the wonderful world of encounter slots. You are catching a Wild Pokemon, so you have to deal with them.

Celestial Tower 5F has the most Elgyem slots... but your encounter slots that you get for the proper seed (and initial frame) are Litwick. Here's why:

Select method 5 PIDRNG, select Wild Pokemon, press the calculate initial frame button. Generate your seed.

You start on frame 42, which has slot 0.

Frame 43 has slot 0 as well.
Frame 44 has slot 4, which is litwick on every floor.
Frame 45 has slot 1, which will get you an Elgyem on floor 5.

Encounter slots. yay.....

==

Also, here's information how to RNG the Shiny Wondercards:
I already told mattj how to over IRC, so this is for anyone else

Find a bunch of Wondercard 5th Gen seeds.
Generate each one, noting the nature of the frames 2-4 past your target frame.
If one of those is your target nature, you have a chance of getting that nature. It will always be one nature.

This is because the shiny PID generation takes a different amount of frames for different Frames/Seeds compared to unshiny cards, which the method is programmed for.

You just have to keep trying different seeds, until you get what you want. Also, each card may cause different natures to result.

While on an adventure to catch a shiny Timid Deino, I'm running into problems with PID's. However, I got the IV's correct, so no need for help on that part.

First off, I did not use a synchronizer as I'm only trying to verify frames. I'm in Victory Road 1F, and I verified my starting PID frame and such, which is 38. However, after walking 128 steps, turned once and sweet scented, I encountered a Level 38 Durant (Lonely, Encounter Slot 2, male, ability 1, which is Hustle). I looked up the results in the RNG Reporter and found nothing in the first 2500 frames, but rather, in frame 2469...but I can't possibly advance 2000+ frames in two minutes. I was supposed to be in frame 296 with Adamant and Encounter Slot 0, but it wasn't for some strange reason.

By the way, the seed I used is 9690E97569255235. My ID/SID is 30051/21060. My target was frame 1182 (with a Timid synchronizer), but without a synchronizer, Mild. Is there possibly anything that advances the PID in some way? Because I'm somewhat lost and had been figuring it out for a couple hours now. I can't seem to locate my PID after this test...so any help would be appreciated.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
did you pid%6 it to see if that was what you really hit?

Also, you won't be able to hit your target frame because walking in a direction consumes 2, turning consumes 2, and every 20 and 17 steps you'll advance 1.

38+128*2 = 294, that just factors in the walking, not even turning. With everything factored in you're in the 300s/400s

While on an adventure to catch a shiny Timid Deino, I'm running into problems with PID's. However, I got the IV's correct, so no need for help on that part.

First off, I did not use a synchronizer as I'm only trying to verify frames. I'm in Victory Road 1F, and I verified my starting PID frame and such, which is 38. However, after walking 128 steps, turned once and sweet scented, I encountered a Level 38 Durant (Lonely, Encounter Slot 2, male, ability 1, which is Hustle). I looked up the results in the RNG Reporter and found nothing in the first 2500 frames, but rather, in frame 2469...but I can't possibly advance 2000+ frames in two minutes. I was supposed to be in frame 296 with Adamant and Encounter Slot 0, but it wasn't for some strange reason.

By the way, the seed I used is 9690E97569255235. My ID/SID is 30051/21060. My target was frame 1182 (with a Timid synchronizer), but without a synchronizer, Mild. Is there possibly anything that advances the PID in some way? Because I'm somewhat lost and had been figuring it out for a couple hours now. I can't seem to locate my PID after this test...so any help would be appreciated.
In 1F1 of victory, no there should be nothing that messes with your PID but your own steps/turns.

As for the PID, even though you estimated 296 as your starting frame after 128 steps, if you said you got the Durant where you sweet scented, how did you figure this out exactly or is it an estimate? You must of had turned more times than just once, as 1F1 does not have 128 steps route from Top to bottom or vice verse. With 128 steps and turns + how many extra frames the game does every 20 steps or so you should have a starting PID after your route of 310-330. It is usually is around 20 extra frame for me after 128 steps and 31 turns as I almost always walk a route of 4 (4 x 32 - 128) steps when I do none frame 1 captures.

As for that Durant, are you sure you got the right IV's on it? Cause your timer0 may be fluctuating as you are right and that slot 2 lonely male Durant is nowhere near where you should be (around 310-340 PID frame).

Edit:

did you pid%6 it to see if that was what you really hit?

Also, you won't be able to hit your target frame because walking in a direction consumes 2, turning consumes 2, and every 20 and 17 steps you'll advance 1.

38+128*2 = 294, that just factors in the walking, not even turning. With everything factored in you're in the 300s/400s
Oops, did not see Kaphotics post, these are those extra frames I was referring to xP

Is it possible to use a roamer seed to abuse your id's because everytime i try and use one in pandoras box i hit the seed its given me but it never comes up with results when i press find seed hit.

@Kaphotics
I didn't. Not really sure what the PID%6 is, but I'm gonna look into that now.

@iDeath
It was an estimate. I encountered this PID before, and I simply walked up and down and only turned once. And yeah, I got the right IV's (30/14/30/31/30/31). If you need the seed for this, I'll edit this post. And I'm pretty sure the timer0 is C7C, as calibrated before.

Also, I didn't know PID increases by 1 every 20 steps. Gonna keep that in mind now.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Is it possible to use a roamer seed to abuse your id's because everytime i try and use one in pandoras box i hit the seed its given me but it never comes up with results when i press find seed hit.
Double check what you're putting in as date, time, frame and all that good stuff. Usually that's where things go wrong.

To answer your question though, it is possible. Just more difficult.

What PID frame range is the most recommended for searching shiny stationary legends that are not frame 1?
Why would you not use frame 1 for IVs? I always use frame 1, 3 keypresses, a syncronizer and 1000 for the max shiny frame and I get results in after searching 1 or 2 months.

You can use the approximation Kaphotics posted to approximate where you'll end up.

Expanding on Toast's formula with simplification:
Code:
Frame ~= NPC 
         + Steps * (377/170)
         + Turns * 2
         + Initial

Steps must be divisible by 2, 5, and 17.

Alternatively...
[IMG]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12206225/RNG/steps.gif[/IMG]
I'd approximate it like this: 128 steps*(377/170)+60=344

For 128 steps (IV frame 2-6 | 1-5 in party) you'll have to aim for PID frame 350+
256 steps (IV frame 7, 9, 11 | 3, 4, 5 in party) you'll have to aim for 630+

i've got a problem in abusing tornadus: rain has different "behaviours" when I get out: in particular, when tornadus flies away, sometimes the storm stops after few seconds of "common" rain, so after the storm there's a little moment in which common rain appears, and other times the storm stops directly. this stupid trick influences my results, so how can i fix it?
i'm abusing on 26/4/2057 (winter), 01:08:37

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
i've got a problem in abusing tornadus: rain has different "behaviours" when I get out: in particular, when tornadus flies away, sometimes the storm stops after few seconds of "common" rain, so after the storm there's a little moment in which common rain appears, and other times the storm stops directly. this stupid trick influences my results, so how can i fix it?
i'm abusing on 26/4/2057 (winter), 01:08:37
That only happens to me when I miss my Timer0

That only happens to me when I miss my Timer0
mmm it is a bit strange because even in this case i can catch a flawless tornadus, so the timer0 is correct, but the pidrng is not... its frames are higher than the others frames obtained when there is only the storm... =(

EDIT: i'm going to change spread, so should I rng abuse the roamer when it's snowing or what should I do? and also, how can i know when there is the snow?? because the old spread was set in winter, but there wasn't any snow...

When you're rng abusing your own pokemon on the 5th gen., does the frame already start with 1 frame and does clicking on a legendary pokemon advance the frame by 1?

When you're rng abusing your own pokemon on the 5th gen., does the frame already start with 1 frame and does clicking on a legendary pokemon advance the frame by 1?
Iv frame starts on frame 1 and stay at one, unless you walk 128 steps, use your box etc...

and PID frame varies, rng reporter can tell you what your starting frame is, then you use chatot to advance to the nature/ability/gender you want.

Okay, the two frames that I can use to rng capture the zekrom with.

One of the spread has 13 frames and the other has 20 frames.

So if I'm going to do the 20 frames, does that mean I have to do steps to make it even?

Okay, the two frames that I can use to rng capture the zekrom with.

One of the spread has 13 frames and the other has 20 frames.

So if I'm going to do the 20 frames, does that mean I have to do steps to make it even?
Are you talking about IV frames? I suggest doing the frame 13 one, because the frame 20 one needs 19 advancements (Which would be very tedious without the PC in one of N's Castle's rooms). It would be much easier to bring 6 pokemon and walk 256 steps (128 steps advances by the number of pokemon in your party, 128 *2 is 256) or bring 3 pokemon and walk 512 steps (128*4 is 512). I hope this helps.

Edit: If you want to use the frame 20, you should save in front of the PC, withdraw one pokemon (So after you withdraw one pokemon you'll be at frame 8, so 12 advancements left) then have either 6 or 3 pokemon with you and walk the required steps. For example, I would save in front of the PC with 2 or 5 pokemon in my party. Withdraw 1. And walk either 256 steps (If you bring 6 pokemon) or 512 (If you bring 3). Remember, though, you'll have to count your steps while walking back up to Zekrom to keep track of your frame advancements (Or use Repels to keep track).

Oh. PID frame? Well, what's your target PID and starting PID (RNG Reporter will tell you if you press "Calculate initial PID frame")?

Edit: If the frame 13 and 20 are your target PIDs, you can't use them because they are under 40. In BW, for some reason your starting PID frame varies from about 40-70.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)