5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Yay, my first successful RNG, I got a Timid Kyurem with 31/7/31/31/31/31 :D, the thing is though, it was seeded to be a shiny, but it wasn't, is that normal? I mean, I'm really happy with it either way, but would I just have to continue resetting to the right time until it was shiny if I really wanted it shiny?
A - Wrong SID
B - You landed on another PID that would give you Timid.
C - Same as above except that you used a synchronizer, which worked on whatever PID you hit.

Most likely B or C.

Plug the seed into Method 5 PIDRNG, catch roamer, look for ur pattern after 0, 1, 2, ... Chatot Calls
Isn't there only going to be a pattern if the same exact number of frames advance through the cutscene every time? It seems like that will be unlikely, even with good mashing.

Is there any way of determining what my PIDRNG frame is for a roamer after I catch it? I want to know if my frame advancement through the cutscene is fairly consistent through my multiple attempts.

My first thought was to just catch several Pokémon after that and use their abilities/genders/natures/species to find a pattern, but that won't work, as the NPCs in the area would advance my frame between each catch.
I don't think the NPCs are going to really hurt you there. In fact, the more Pokemon you catch, the easier it would be to narrow down a sequence, and you'll be able to completely ignore any NPC involvement. There will be gaps between the catches, sure, but I don't think that's going to matter.

The only problem I can see with this is that I think the starting frame you find from catching the Pokemon is probably going to be somewhat far away from the roamer's starting frame. It depends on when the PID of the roamer is generated and how long the rain lasts after that.

Speaking of which, does anyone have the picture of when exactly the roamer's PID is generated? I can't seem to find that anywhere.

Isn't there only going to be a pattern if the same exact number of frames advance through the cutscene every time? It seems like that will be unlikely, even with good mashing.
From my experience, getting consistent results isn't a problem. It should be fairly easy to reproduce your results, and you should get a consistent pattern (assuming you mash through the cutscene about the same each time). Finding the starting PID is the more difficult part.

Awesome, thanks. I remember seeing that in the research thread but wasn't able to find it again.

I guess that means the wild Pokemon's starting PID should be pretty close to the roamer's PID, then. That should make things a lot easier.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I was able to get consistent results every time I hit the seed. The advances weren't consistent, but any particular number of Chatot calls gave me the same result every time. That's how I got it without using a Master Ball.

I was able to get consistent results every time I hit the seed. The advances weren't consistent, but any particular number of Chatot calls gave me the same result every time. That's how I got it without using a Master Ball.
Ah, okay. I've noticed that there's only a few times during the cutscene where the "A" button actually does anything, so the constant mashing is just to keep those few meaningful presses on the same pace. Therefore, if your finger gets tired and you accidentally let up on the mashing during a part when the "A" button has no effect, if you can resume mashing at the same pace before the button actually does something, you'll be fine.

I can stop mashing after I dismiss the "Apparently it's that Pokémon's doing!" text, right?

Holy crap, I got the nature (and IVs) I wanted on my first try (0 Chatters)! So if I do the same thing again, I should get the same nature (there's not a >50% chance that I won't get it again because I won't match the button mashing well enough)? I'm tempted just to save and keep it in the Master Ball, especially since the Mean Look + Baton Pass combo I came with apparently doesn't work in 5th gen...

Holy crap, I got the nature (and IVs) I wanted on my first try (0 Chatters)! So if I do the same thing again, I should get the same nature (there's not a >50% chance that I won't get it again because I won't match the button mashing exactly)? I'm tempted just to save and keep it in the Master Ball, especially since the Mean Look + Baton Pass combo I came with apparently doesn't work in 5th gen...
Gallade is the ultimate roamer catcher. Mean look, false swipe, hypnosis, t-wave. :D
You should be able to get the same nature again. It doesn't matter how you button mash. It takes a few seconds for the PID to start advancing during that little scene where your talking to the roamer so unless you're waiting like 5 seconds to press the button, it's not going to make a difference.

Gallade is the ultimate roamer catcher. Mean look, false swipe, hypnosis, t-wave. :D
You should be able to get the same nature again. It doesn't matter how you button mash. It takes a few seconds for the PID to start advancing during that little scene where your talking to the roamer so unless you're waiting like 5 seconds to press the button, it's not going to make a difference.
Alright, I'll give it a go. My Mean Look + Baton Pass Pokémon was a Watchog (was planning to BP to Breloom after a ML, then Spore + False Swipe), but he already knows Super Fang, and I can go to the Move Relearner and get Hypnosis back.

EDIT: YES, I DID IT! 31/31/31/31/31/31 Jolly Tornadus in a Premier Ball! :) Thanks so much to everyone for your help!

Okay I'm still having problems with the C-Gear method to RNG for Shiny flawless eggs, (though it's due to my error from what what I can tell). I don't know how to do a screen capture however I can post how I am doing it.

I am working with an R4 (primary game) and have a retail copy (back up) and a DSi xl and I'm aiming to breed shiny flawless pokemon (in particular F Ralts). I put in my full MAC address and I when to Time Finder: Method 5 (C-Gear) and set my desired IVs leaving Atk 0. Encounter Type: Gift Pokemon Min Frame: 8 Max Frame: 8 Min Delay:1800 Max Delay: 9999 Shiny Only: Checked with ID and SID entered Max Shiny Frame: 300. I generated some with Frames and picked one and when to Generate more times. Seconds: 56 MAC Address: fully entered. Then I hit Generate. -Delay: 999 +Delay:999 + - Sec: 9 Min Frame: 8 Max Frame: 8 Then I hit Generate and follow whats underneath Roaming Pokemon locations (??? should I follow the one on the bottom? Sorry I was following bearsfan092drums C-Gear video)

I then enter the data on EonTimer and DSi and start the timer and DS and start the game before the timer goes to 0 and soft reset at 0 for the first timer instead of the R4 title screen where you load the games from. I have these cheats activated:
IV checker
Fast Hatch

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong even if it's through PM. If this is not were I should post this I'll delete before it becomes a problem. Thank you in advance.

I have a question. Exactly how does snow affect the PID? Because I am abusing Thundurus in Winter and I found my initial frame but after 3 advances the nature pid goes erratic. Im not sure if its changing the PID severly or not. I am saved right before you encounter it and make sure it always fly away before the rain falls so I can actually try to hit a PID frame. Im just trying to figure out what exactly its doing so I can finally get the nature I want.

Well, judging from this picture, which details when the roamer's PID is generated, the PID is generated after it flies away and after the rain stops. So, getting through the cutscene before the rain starts isn't really going to do much of anything.

The snow (or rain, if it's not winter) will really sort of just pad the PID results by adding frames before the roamer's PID generation. If you mash through the cutscenes as fast as possible, the PID advancement from the snow and rain should be pretty consistent.

It seems that most people agree that getting consistent results isn't a problem, but that getting sequential results is (eg., PID frames 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, etc. don't match with PID advancements 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.), so that's why you're experiencing erratic results. Doesn't look like there's much you can do about that, unfortunately, and you just have to hope that your PID advancements land on the correct frame.

I've done that but I still don't know how to start or to set up the Reporter so I can begin doing the C-Gear method for eggs.
What do you mean? You're not doing anything wrong (other than aiming for shiny eggs with c-gear which is nearly impossible/pure luck if it happens). Just hit your delay and get the egg. If you hit the wrong delay a few times just enter the delay you keep hitting into the timer to recalibrate.

What do you mean? You're not doing anything wrong (other than aiming for shiny eggs with c-gear which is nearly impossible/pure luck if it happens). Just hit your delay and get the egg. If you hit the wrong delay a few times just enter the delay you keep hitting into the timer to recalibrate.
But to check if I hit a frame don't i have to to search IV's? I did this and it said no Iv's were found. I know I'm doing something wrong I just don't know what. Is it because I'm following what's under where it says Roaming Pokemon Location instead of the box on the bottom?

Edit: Do you think I'm not getting IV results is because I'm not advancing my frames after I start C-Gear with 5 Pokemon in my party and walking 128 steps?

But to check if I hit a frame don't i have to to search IV's? I did this and it said no Iv's were found. I know I'm doing something wrong I just don't know what. Is it because I'm following what's under where it says Roaming Pokemon Location instead of the box on the bottom?

Edit: Do you think I'm not getting IV results is because I'm not advancing my frames after I start C-Gear with 5 Pokemon in my party and walking 128 steps?
You're not getting any results because the IVs of the hatched Pokemon don't correspond to the delay you hit because 3 IVs are inherited from the parents in breeding. You could fly to victory road and catch something after getting the egg to figure out what delay you hit.

You're not getting any results because the IVs of the hatched Pokemon don't correspond to the delay you hit because 3 IVs are inherited from the parents in breeding. You could fly to victory road and catch something after getting the egg to figure out what delay you hit.
Okay I'll try this then. This is to help calibrate to get the egg am I correct on this?

Yes, if you can't hit the right delay you will need to calibrate or vary your timing until you hit your target delay.

Isn't there a moving NPC in the house?
Thank you so much for the help and I am sorry for being a pest about this. I finally realized that it almost like gen 4's method. I feel so stupid; thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 12)