SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, I've got a few questions if anyone is willing to answer:

1- How does Pokeball inheritance work? Let's say I want a Contrary Serperior in a Dusk Ball for example; I would have to breed a Male Dusk Ball Snivy + Female Contrary Snivy correct?
(And another way would be Male Contrary Dusk Ball Snivy + Ditto but I don't think that Snivy is readily available...)

2- Can someone please explain to me the whole pentagon thing? Is there a new one (a cross?) for Sun & Moon?
If there is, does that mean that anything we move over from XY/ORAS is "useless"?

Hello guys, I've got a few questions if anyone is willing to answer:

1- How does Pokeball inheritance work? Let's say I want a Contrary Serperior in a Dusk Ball for example; I would have to breed a Male Dusk Ball Snivy + Female Contrary Snivy correct?
(And another way would be Male Contrary Dusk Ball Snivy + Ditto but I don't think that Snivy is readily available...)

2- Can someone please explain to me the whole pentagon thing? Is there a new one (a cross?) for Sun & Moon?
If there is, does that mean that anything we move over from XY/ORAS is "useless"?
Sun & Moon use a + sign, yes.

XYORAS transfers will be "useless" in certain formats. They eased off the requirement as time went on and not every battle event requires them (though VGCs definitely will).

Thank you R_N,
That's disheartening to hear. There goes Serperior IV, all that time breeding HP Fire for nothing.
And the new one doesn't seem to chain >_<"

Last edited:
Truly, it might take a bit of time to breed it again, but with the new bottle caps it should be easier.
That brings up another question regarding breeding. How is the breeding locations this time around? I'm trying to stay spoiler free and I apologize for clogging this thread up with questions, but is there a long breeding route or an infinite loop?

So in S/M you have something called a "Battle Style" which is basically your stance when you begin and during battle.

https://archive-media.nyafuu.org/vp/image/1479/16/1479164444194.png

I mean, half of them are okay....the other half are just...ugh. I understand these are kids games, but now I'm just gonna make my character wear edgy clothing and make them do the "girlish" style cause of how ridiculous it is.
Is it the same for the guys and gals? If it's different... PLEASE tell me the female smug is doing the Oujo Laugh pose. You know, what Karin does when she does her "OH HO HO HO HO" laugh.

I don't know if this has been asked before, but do we know what the egg groups are on the new Pokemon yet?? Looking to breed a drampa with hurricane for in game play through

I'm sorry, but where is exactly the Move Relearner? Does He/she still need Heart scale?
She's at the Pokémon League's PMC. Which seems to be the official abbreviation for Pokémon Center.

1 - Where can I get more Apricorn Balls? Also, where in heavens is Love Ball?
One is given to you by Professor Oak when you show him an Alolan Meowth in the Library (Ula'Ula Island's first city). If you want more, level up your Festival Plaza and hope for a high-level Ball Store.

So in S/M you have something called a "Battle Style" which is basically your stance when you begin and during battle.
It also changes the way your character throws the Poké Ball. I love my Idol Style pirouette throwing technique.

Firstly I apologise if this is a dumb question I did try and search the thread to seek the answer to my question but couldn't find it. I have two 3ds so how soon on game can I trade over from xy oras to sun moon via infrared or local wireless thank you

Firstly I apologise if this is a dumb question I did try and search the thread to seek the answer to my question but couldn't find it. I have two 3ds so how soon on game can I trade over from xy oras to sun moon via infrared or local wireless thank you
Sun/Moon can only trade with other Sun/Moon. Transfer from Gen VI will be possible via Bank starting January.

Can anybody tell me where the Hyper Training place is and how to unlock it?

Ok I just watched Gameexplains review and they say there is some major slowdown for double and Totom battles on the old 3ds'. Not sure if anyone is able to confirm since the game is technically not out yet, but has anyone seen anything like that? I really did not want to upgrade my Blue XY XL system... but if double battles become almost unplayable...

Ok I just watched Gameexplains review and they say there is some major slowdown for double and Totom battles on the old 3ds'. Not sure if anyone is able to confirm since the game is technically not out yet, but has anyone seen anything like that? I really did not want to upgrade my Blue XY XL system... but if double battles become almost unplayable...
If it's like the demo, then it shouldn't be THAT bad. It mostly lags when you're selecting your move and the camera focuses on too many things, when the pokemon do their moves it runs fine for some weird reason.

Besides, it can't get any worse that Hyrule Warriors 3D. Nothing runs smoothly when playing it on old 3DSs, unlike SuMo.

I can tell you from first-hand experience that it is playable but the frame drops are serious during battles with more than 2 Pokémon on the field. Especially if the background is very scenic.
Some move animations also significantly slow down your frame-rate (I once had an Electro Ball Pikachu almost freeze my screen for a second during a very scenic battle.)
The camera minigame also can be pretty laggy.

PS: I'm playing Moon on an old 3DS XL.

Not really a battle mechanic, but Pokémon hatched from Eggs now have an apparent 50-50 chance to be in either parent's Poké Ball - except for Ditto who doesn't pass Poké Balls. This greatly increases legal Ball options, including that infamous Dream Ball Aegislash.
eworm can you confirm this? Is this affected by Everstone/items? Does this happen when breeding with different species? Do hidden abilities also have a 50/50?

Let's say I leave a male Friend Ball Cottonee and a female HA Snivy caught in a regular Poké Ball in the nursery. Is the resulting offspring able to inherit Contrary and the Friend Ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)