SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the Battle Maison known to use illegal sets? Since the Battle Tree is Gen 7's version of it it's probably just another one of those scenarios.

Without giving any story spoilers, can someone say how easy it is to catch Tapu Koko with competitive play in mind? I hear there's a long ass cutscene before you battle him.
You can run away/kill it and it'll respawn later. Not sure -exactly- what the conditions for that are though.

So, do we have a compiled list of all the Pokemon that can be found vis "Trace Encounters" yet? The Mine Resources Thread doesn't have one yet, so I thought I'd check in here. Basically I just want to know if it allows us to find the Alola Starters in the wild so that maybe we can get some HA's on them, and which past Gen Mons that got movepool/stat/Ability buffs show up.

I don't see Corsola having any recoil move, so why would it die when you're checking Mareanie's ability ?
Can't you just use Skill Swap/Entrainment on the Mareanie then kill it if it doesn't have the right ability ? (leaving the Corsola alive to let it call for more allies).
And when the Corsola starts being out of PPs, you kill it and leave another Corsola alive (if Corsola appear oftenly enough to find one before Struggle happens).
Mareanie's favorite food, as stated by the Pokédex and multiple NPCs I've found, is Corsola's branches. Mareanie comes when a Corsola calls for help, but not exactly with the intention to help. It's a Seviper/Zangoose situation, so when I keep that Corsola at 1HP with False Swipe, the little bastard scores the KO.

Mareanie's favorite food, as stated by the Pokédex and multiple NPCs I've found, is Corsola's branches. Mareanie comes when a Corsola calls for help, but not exactly with the intention to help. It's a Seviper/Zangoose situation, so when I keep that Corsola at 1HP with False Swipe, the little bastard scores the KO.
Oh okay, I forgot that point. Damn..
Since Corsola has Recover at Lv 8-19, would leaving it to half-HP with Super Fang be a nice alternative ? (if one Mareanie attack does less than half of Corsola's HP).
You could also use Heal Pulse first in order to heal Corsola, then put Mareanie asleep and check its special ability.

So has there been any datamine info revealing what the point of recruiting pokemon from Pokapelego is yet? Like is this an alternative way to chaining to get their HA's and maybe this is how we can get the starter HA's like how the safari got us starter HA's in the past?

I don't know if the Battle Tree has been datamined or not, but someone should look into it and see if there are any 7th gen mons who have currently illegal movesets.
Someone posted in the Kommo-o thread about seeing a Shell Smash variant there.
I just wonder if there are others in the Battle Tree with similarly illegal movesets, because maybe there might be some kind of hint of future move tutors (especially if we see obvious tutor moves showing up like drain punch, elemental punches, etc)...
Battle towers didn't had enought with just haxxing you, now they straight up use hackmons

So, do we have a compiled list of all the Pokemon that can be found vis "Trace Encounters" yet? The Mine Resources Thread doesn't have one yet, so I thought I'd check in here. Basically I just want to know if it allows us to find the Alola Starters in the wild so that maybe we can get some HA's on them, and which past Gen Mons that got movepool/stat/Ability buffs show up.
Yeah. Id like to know if any Pokemon outside of the Alola dex will be obtainable by other means. We know about QR codes but are there any others outside of the Alola dex that can be caught?

Yeah. Id like to know if any Pokemon outside of the Alola dex will be obtainable by other means. We know about QR codes but are there any others outside of the Alola dex that can be caught?
I know there are, which is why I'm curious if there is a full list, or at least a compiled list of confirmed Mons. By tracking "the trace of a Pokemon", non-Alola native Mons can be found, even Starters (Chikorita is confirmed).

Im sorry, I dont know where to ask this, but can someone give me tips on how to SOS chain ditto? it seems very hassle to get those max IV's

Is there any efficient pokemon(s) and moveset to do this?

I know there are, which is why I'm curious if there is a full list, or at least a compiled list of confirmed Mons. By tracking "the trace of a Pokemon", non-Alola native Mons can be found, even Starters (Chikorita is confirmed).
the only ones we know about are the ones via qr codes/trace of pokemon/island scan/whatever its called. There's 28 families, i listed the mearlier.

I'm not sure where else to ask this here, but how does someone access the QR reader for Sun and Moon, for those who do have the game...

Are there any missing Mega Stones in Sun & Moon? I keep hearing that a few are missing from the games.

Seems like the only ones missing are possibly Mewtwo X/Y, Diancie and some of the starter stones or they at the very least aren't purchasable.

Last edited:
The full list of Island Scanner pokemon is...

71 - Victreebel
154 - Meganium
157 - Typhlosion
160 - Feraligatr
184 - Azumarill
230 - Kingdra
289 - Slaking
365 - Walrein
398 - Staraptor
405 - Luxray
407 - Roserade
464 - Rhyperior
468 - Togekiss
473 - Mamoswine
497 - Serperior
500 - Emboar
503 - Samurott
534 - Conkeldurr
542 - Leavanny
545 - Scolipede
576 - Gothitelle
579 - Reuniclus
601 - Klinklang
604 - Eelektross
609 - Chandelure
612 - Haxorus
635 - Hydreigon
681 - Aegislash

I'll note that you're actually getting the pre-evolutions in most of these cases - i.e. Chikorita, Honedge, Horsea, Vigoroth, etc. - but I only kept track based on full evolutions so that's how I've noted them above. Based on the GameFAQs chatter, you can pretty much nab one of these each day and if you're offered one you don't want on an island after submitting your QR codes, you can soft-reset, go to a different island and will be offered a different one. You'll then have an hour to track them down.

The full list of Island Scanner pokemon is...

71 - Victreebel
154 - Meganium
157 - Typhlosion
160 - Feraligatr
184 - Azumarill
230 - Kingdra
289 - Slaking
365 - Walrein
398 - Staraptor
405 - Luxray
407 - Roserade
464 - Rhyperior
468 - Togekiss
473 - Mamoswine
497 - Serperior
500 - Emboar
503 - Samurott
534 - Conkeldurr
542 - Leavanny
545 - Scolipede
576 - Gothitelle
579 - Reuniclus
601 - Klinklang
604 - Eelektross
609 - Chandelure
612 - Haxorus
635 - Hydreigon
681 - Aegislash

I'll note that you're actually getting the pre-evolutions in most of these cases - i.e. Chikorita, Honedge, Horsea, Vigoroth, etc. - but I only kept track based on full evolutions so that's how I've noted them above. Based on the GameFAQs chatter, you can pretty much nab one of these each day and if you're offered one you don't want on an island after submitting your QR codes, you can soft-reset, go to a different island and will be offered a different one. You'll then have an hour to track them down.
So how exactly does this work? Can they be chained? Able to get Hidden Abilities?

So how exactly does this work? Can they be chained? Able to get Hidden Abilities?
Unfortunately it seems like it can't be chained...
I tried it before, false swiping Totodile, i even restore the PP once, but no SOS call...
I hope someone prove me wrong though...

Unfortunately it seems like it can't be chained...
I tried it before, false swiping Totodile, i even restore the PP once, but no SOS call...
I hope someone prove me wrong though...
Did they have their Hidden Ability when caught?

Personally it doesn't matter too much to me, mainly because I only want a couple on that list inside a Moon Ball. XD

Did they have their Hidden Ability when caught?

Personally it doesn't matter too much to me, mainly because I only want a couple on that list inside a Moon Ball. XD
Nope, HA ones only appear when SOS Chaining...since this one isn't doing that, so no...

Nope, HA ones only appear when SOS Chaining...since this one isn't doing that, so no...
Well, that's kinda disheartening. Really lowers the amount useful of Pokemon on that list. Ah well, at least I'll finally be able to get my Moon Ball Haxorus, Elektross and Hydreigon. <3

I'm also guessing there's no non-alolan pokemon that show up in pokelego, otherwise I feel we would have heard about at least once instance of it by now (unless it, too, is by some arcane set of triggers).

I do think the QR scanner will be used to get special pokemon eventually, though. Not as a direct gift like Magearna, but something like pokemon link or mystery gift or some other trigger. I base this on this piece of official artwork that was used to show off the QR scanner back when it was unveiled

which depicts Serperior (which is available through the island scan and dont through its own QR code thing) but also Medicham & Dunsparce. Medicham off whats probably meant to be a pokemon product & Dunsparce off a promotional flier.
Neither of those are island scans and neither are in the alola dex so there's really no reason to depict them here unless QR codes can be used to get pokemon outside the alola dex/islands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)