US Regional Qualifier - Dallas, TX, May 29, 2010 - WON BY JGILES

Status
Not open for further replies.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Still in:
kongler top 16

Out:
teej in round 2 (lost to a hacker 510 evs in special attack)
lonelyness in round ?
seto kaiba in round 3
biffster in round 3
obi round 3
kevin (konglers friend) round 3
roy round 4
alaka round 4
tyler top 32
omegadonut top 32

That solrock team muct be lucky. No ubers and weak to water and ground. You would think a kyogre could take down the solrock team.

He just had amazing luck with matchups I assume. He wasn't very good from what I heard about the match he lost.
Gahhh, not cool bro. After seeing some really unlucky matchups, that really stinks.

COME ON KONGLER, TAKE FIRST BRO.

Hack checks take place after the 4th round or so, so he would have went undetected until then..
You're supposed to notify the judges if you suspect your opponent of hacking though... do they change the decision if this is the case before the 4th round?

Also, reaaaaally curious about this near-mono rock team.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
You're supposed to notify the judges if you suspect your opponent of hacking though... do they change the decision if this is the case before the 4th round?
You have to call a judge during or immediately after your battle if you think your opponent is cheating. After that, it's too late to change the result.

It depends when you decide to tell the judges. If it's during the actual battle, they could intervene, check, and then disqualify the hacker, netting you a bye to the next round.

However, after a battle is over, all results are final, so make sure you report during the battle!

EDIT: Beaten!!

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Kongler lost in the semis, it was a good run Father Pokemon.

Leads for the finals:

[15:45:05] <TJfone> finals groudon tangrowth vs top ogre

I must say, this metagame has become way too stagnant for my taste. The fact that you are more or less required to use two ubers (let's face it, they have great bulk/power relative to other pokemon) eats up half of your teamslots, which then limits what strategies you can run. When TopOgre dominates that easily, I see a problem in the centralization of the metagame.

Anyways, congratulations to whoever won, and sorry to teej who lost to a bad hacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)