US Regional Qualifier - Dallas, TX, May 29, 2010 - WON BY JGILES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

So guys, same place, same day, who's looking forward to it, who's gonna be there, what's gonna win?

Competitor slots are limited to 512 for the Junior Division (born in 1998 or later) and 768 for the Senior Division (born in 1997 or earlier). Players may only sign up for the event during their age division's registration times. Competitor slots will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Preregistration is not available for these events. Finishing in the top sixteen will grant you an invitation to play in the National Championship in Indianapolis, IN, June 26th-28th, 2010! First place gets full flight and hotel for one, 2-4 gets a 300$ travel allowance and top 4 will receive a Nintendo DSi

Its going down at the Arlington convention center again this year:

Hall E1
1200 Ballpark Way
Arlington, TX 76011
(817) 459-5000
Junior Registration: 8:00 A.M. to 8:30 A.M.
Senior Registration: 1:00 P.M. to 1:30 P.M.

Tournament Rules & Regulations
Team Information Sheet
Info & Prizes
Frequently Asked Questions

People attending:

Elly, Alaka, fortegoddx, obi, Seto Kaiba, Krevino 491, LonelyNess, ru23, Delio, JRank, Tyler422, Travfiji, Werecario, CaptKirby, PokemanMaster, Macks, Ferrouswheel

I may be there, it depends on if I can get this RNG abuse thing down well enough for me to get a competitive team in time.

I have an excuse to visit Dallas anyway, so might as well be that weekend.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm going, gonna see my cousins and then go. I do have a question, though, do you play immediately after you sign up? Also, what time should I get there to be guaranteed a spot? (Seniors)

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well there is really no way to gurantee, but being there in the morning before the Junior competition should be plenty enough. There is a small break after sign ups, maybe an hour or so.

I think I'll come, I don't believe school or my job interferes.

About how early should I get there for the Seniors competition?

I'll be there. I will be one of the ones chearing other smogon members on after i get beat first round. First round losers ROCK! lol

I'm totally going!
I've been on the Smogon Shoddy battle server for awhile now, but haven't registered on the forums until just now.
It'll be the first tournament I've ever gone to.
Hope to see some of you guys there. :)

As I stated previously, I have an open spot on my schedule for this, and I will probably find an excuse to attend, regardless of a good team or not. There's only one problem: I'm busy on the first day of the actual tournament (on that Saturday in June). Should I still go to the Regional Qualifier? I suppose there is the "oh its the experience that counts", but I don't know.

Hotels?

Is anyone here who is going to Dallas staying in a hotel the night before? If so, have you already picked out the hotel and everything? If so, could I get a link to the hotel's website so I have somewhere to stay when I get to Dallas? I don't think hotels are all going to be full or anything, but they might be.....

Careful about where you pick your hotel. There are some pretty crappy ones around here, especially near where the convention center is. Just warning you. There are also good ones as well, just pick carefully. Unless, of course, you don't care

Oh, I care. Since you know the area, could you tell me which hotel would seem ideal, in terms of quality, location, and (though not as important as the other two) price? A link would be great too.

I honestly no nothing about which hotels are good in the area, you could probably find out which ones are good just as well, if not better, than I could. I did find a hotel that seems pretty good real close to where it is here is the link. http://www.hiarlingtontx.com/. Idk exactly what you are looking for in a hotel. I found this by google maps the adress of event and searched nearby hotels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)