Yet Another Nintendo Direct Thread (9/23/21)

Calling it right here and right now. They're going to do a combined Deltarune Chapter 2 Switch announcement and Frisk in Smash reveal trailer, just like what they did with Isabelle in Smash and ACNH. You heard it here first, folks.

Also I think there's a good chance they show something new for Legends Arceus. This Direct is focusing on winter games, after all, and Legends Arceus is Nintendo's most prominent winter release. Pokemon has had a good track record of showing up in September directs, and if it's a mainline game, they will usually show off two new Pokemon as well (Blacephalon and Stakataka in the Sep 2017 Direct, Cramorant and Polteageist in the Sep 2019 Direct), so I think they will continue that trend here.

edit: screw it here's my bingo card
true (2).png

Last edited:
Gonna be honest here, I'm mostly interested in more info on the Advance Wars remake, particulary how the multiplayer is going to work. Not confident that anything else that's been revealed is going to have much that can change my opinion on them.

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
if i were in charge of nintendo i would make the nintendo indirect.

Instead of having one official channel I would use to get the news out to everybody, I would anonymously leak news on twitter/forums/discord servers. i would slowly leak more and more accurate info and more and more trustworthy looking documents

eventually, once the widespread fervor hit its breaking point, i would spontaneously release the actual product and watch as the tidal wave of hype washed the flotsam of high sales numbers onto the beach of nintendos stock price

Last edited:

Mr. Uncompetitive

What makes us human?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Give me Sin and Punishment Star Successor HD you cowards

Anyways, so far we've heard that Klonoa remasters might be happening and leaks of a GBA Castlevania collection, so hopefully they get confirmed here. It would be really funny to watch both of them crash the secondhand market, but I do legitimately want that Klonoa collection

Aren't half of these spaces unusable since the announcement says it'll focus on games releasing this winter (aka already announced)
The February 2021 Direct was supposed to focus on games releasing in the first half of 2021, but Splatoon 3, which was announced there, isn't releasing until next year.

People tend to take the timeframe stated too literally when it comes to Nintendo Directs. If Nintendo feels like a game is in a state where it can be released within the next year, they'll announce it as soon as possible.

Didn't find much that got me excited personally. 64 NSO might be interesting eventually, but there aren't that many of their current headliners that I haven't picked up through a previous VC or a remake. I guess I should be excited about a full 3d kirby game? I was never one to push for 3d entries in traditionally 2d series (given my profile pic, there's a joke to be made about megaman x7 somewhere in that).

hey pesky plumbers, i'm trying to find an octagon!

i have made this joke so many times and im waiting for someone to get it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)