XY LC Analysis Reservation Index

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
what's the set? if it has roost i can see the merit, however itemless can be slashed on either berry juice set

anyway, archen has 4 sets which are all really similar, i feel like we could condense them somehow. idk if both eviolite sets need to be there, idk if anyone uses the slow one anyway, and its value has gone down since the super powerful threats it needed to counter have been banned (yanma, krow, gligar)
Acrobatics, Rock Slide / Rock Tomb, Eq and Roost. The main advantage of this set is that you have a more spammable, powerful, and reliable main STAB, unlike Stone Edge, right on the go. EVs should be the ones used for offensive set 76 HP / 180 Atk / 196 Spe. If your team cover the things that EQ hits well enough, Knock Off is an option.

I'vent used slow set much. It is kinda weird that it can the best is the best switch in to Fighting-types compares to the other ones yet it lacks Acrobatics. Fast support and Fast Evio could do essentialy the same thing, while first is more suited to fast-paced teams the other for teams that want a setter that can set it multiple times. Maybe, maaybe they could be mixed, but while Fast Support is straight-forward, Fast Evio can either be just a good enough bulky attacker with reliable recovery (seems to be the main intention for the set), while it can instead be a supporter with good bulk with Rocks. If we condensed these sets it might be just too confusing. The remaining 2 are honestely water and oil. Although when I've used Defensive set it's proven to be effective, I would slash Acrobatics on it though, as, if it's supposed to switch in on Fighting-types, it will switch in on Knock Off.

Could be good to slash Itemless with BJ, but then we would have to slash Roost on BJ set, making clear that it's only meant to be used with Itemless Archen. Or we make a separate. Your opinion?

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Do you refresh my prevous QC ?
Yes, it will be a revamp; we talked about that in the QC convo, as the previous analysis lacks important mentions such as Heat Wave and Tailwind - I think these moves weren't even released when you started writing your analysis. However, a Life Orb 3 attacks set will be added being way more viable than the Specs one. The people who will check my revamp will decide whether to keep a Specs set (which, of course, will be updated), or just to get rid of that by adding it to Other Options.

Yes, it will be a revamp; we talked about that in the QC convo, as the previous analysis lacks important mentions such as Heat Wave and Tailwind - I think these moves weren't even released when you started writing your analysis. However, a Life Orb 3 attacks set will be added being way more viable than the Specs one. The people who will check my revamp will decide whether to keep a Specs set (which, of course, will be updated), or just to get rid of that by adding it to Other Options.
Good work. Anyway, I'll lost my QC ;)

Someone can revamp Chinchou. The biggest things we want changed are removing things like Soak, Dazzling Gleam, or Discharge from the main sets and adding Ice Beam to the Scarf set, so keep those in mind!

Someone can revamp Ponyta as well

The biggest changes we want for Ponyta is to change the EV spread to 76 Atk / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe and to change the moves to:
Flare Blitz
Morning Sun
Will-O-Wisp
Wild Charge / Toxic / Hypnosis

Someone can revamp Ponyta as well

The biggest changes we want for Ponyta is to change the EV spread to 76 Atk / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe and to change the moves to:
Flare Blitz
Morning Sun
Will-O-Wisp
Wild Charge / Toxic / Hypnosis
i ll do it

ok! - OP

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to revamp Corphish - the existing analysis has Dragon Dance in OO when all the Corphish I've seen have used a Dragon Dance set. It also lists a Choice Band set, when in reality Choice Band / Specs are bad items in LC since Life Orb offers similar power without being locked in. In my opinion, the sets listed should be:

Dragon Dance
Swords Dance
Choice Scarf (?)

4 attacks + Life Orb set in OO

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
I'd like to revamp Corphish - the existing analysis has Dragon Dance in OO when all the Corphish I've seen have used a Dragon Dance set. It also lists a Choice Band set, when in reality Choice Band / Specs are bad items in LC since Life Orb offers similar power without being locked in. In my opinion, the sets listed should be:

Dragon Dance
Swords Dance
Choice Scarf (?)

4 attacks + Life Orb set in OO
Swords Dance is way a better option in terms of power with Corphish's access to Adaptability Aqua Jet which deals with faster Pokemon. However, Choice Band has better rolls than Life Orb on Corphish, and synergizes with Switcheroo, which is cool against bulky Pokemon; 4 attacks Life Orb is useless in terms of Corphish's bulk. Thus, Corphish doesn't need a revamp. The only problem is with Swords Dance being only slashed on the first set when it is the metagame trend atm, but we can just change it from the on-site analysis without doing a revamp.

Can I make one for Snivy? I see it has two already, but I've got an idea I think is viable for it.

If you've got an idea for a new set or an edit to an existing one, let me know, but Snivy doesn't need a revamp to its analysis currently. - OP

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)