ORAS UU x Flinched!

First off, go into this RMT knowing it's probably going to suck. I'm pretty new to this, but I felt this team was almost as good as I could do. Alright, onto the RMT:

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
I picked forretress because it's pretty much the premiere hazard setter of uu. When I think of hazards, forretress comes to mind. It also has access to rapid spin, and slow volt switch, which are great for setting up and then getting out of there!

Cinccino @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tail Slap
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off
I picked cincinno as a wall breaker and trevonant counter. Knock off does pretty nice damage, and harvest works against trevonant, making knock off consistently do more damage. The high king's Rock flinch is also a nice touch, working well with Cinccino's high speed.

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Protect
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
I mainly picked beedrill as a pivot, but adaptability and high speed very easily turn it into a devastating sweeper. To be honest, there's not a lot to be said about beedrill.
Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
Speaking of trevonant counters, goodra pretty much stops it in it's tracks. Horn leech and leech seed are useless, and fire blast damages trevonant nicely.
Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Water]
Chandelure works great on my team due to how will o wisp cripples Cinccino and Fire moves pretty much decimate forretress. Flash Fire makes people a little bit more careful when using fire moves, and a choice specs boosted hidden power water does serious damage to common fire type switch ins on forretress. It also makes a pretty nice late game sweeper and win condition.
Kingdra @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Focus Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Kingdra is the last win condition, and my answer to physical walls. Critical Draco meteors, hydro pumps and HP fires blow all but the tankiest of pokes away.

Once again, keep in mind that I'm a beginner, but this team has done pretty well for me so far.

Last edited:
Quite an odd team. Hmm. I find the HP Fire on Kingdra a bit odd, but thinking that it might catch people off guard. I like it. Imho Agility is another really good choice but it gets predicted very often, and it also often requires Kingdra to take a hit, which it mostly can't. Overall a solid team but I think you're going to get problems with CroCune (Suicine with Calm Mind, Scald, Rest, Sleep Talk). Its popularity is vastly rising and you have not much to nothing to counter it. If it gets a chance to set up you're screwed. You don't have any Taunt/Encore/Haze users to back you up in that.

Quite an odd team. Hmm. I find the HP Fire on Kingdra a bit odd, but thinking that it might catch people off guard. I like it. Imho Agility is another really good choice but it gets predicted very often, and it also often requires Kingdra to take a hit, which it mostly can't. Overall a solid team but I think you're going to get problems with CroCune (Suicine with Calm Mind, Scald, Rest, Sleep Talk). Its popularity is vastly rising and you have not much to nothing to counter it. If it gets a chance to set up you're screwed. You don't have any Taunt/Encore/Haze users to back you up in that.
Good point. I'll work on getting haze in somewhere in my team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)