Tournament World Cup of Randbats 2023 - Playoffs [Won by Team Benelux]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpclaw

is a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Host
Random Battle Lead
It's all come down to this.

After weeks of commitment, determination, and commanding performances, we've got our final matchup. And folks, it's a good one—so good, in fact, that doing it once before apparently wasn't enough to settle the score.

Will Team Benelux, the team many identified as championship material from the outset, finally exact revenge for the upset loss handed to them last year and take their place at the top of the podium?

Or will Team China—last year's dark horse, this year's quiet juggernaut, fresh off a 7-1 sweep in the semifinals—continue its seemingly inexorable march to the prize and establish a bonafide WCOR dynasty?

It's time to find out. Ladies, gentlemen, and esteemed nonbinary peers, it's the...

WORLD CUP OF RANDBATS: FINALS

Logo by Syrinix

Logo-China.png
VS_small.png
Logo-Benelux.png

Team China (2) vs Team Benelux (8)
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo5: Separation vs Michielleus
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: RainListener vs Fant'sy Beast
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: lza vs Jordy004
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo5: llxwd vs YveltalNL
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo3: the dance of Alice vs Wubben
Gen 7 Random Battle Bo3: burstbean vs Ruft
Gen 6 Random Battle Bo3: Quagmander vs TheFranklin
Gen 5 Random Battle Bo3: Raceding vs Ainzcrad
Gen 4 Random Battle Bo3: ksicide vs Drud
Gen 3 Random Battle Bo3: Indulge in dreams vs xGang
Gen 2 Random Battle Bo3: Yuudachi0811 vs livid washed
Gen 1 Random Battle Bo3: cscl vs Chains of Markov
Team China (0) vs Team Benelux (0)

The deadline for this round is Sunday, October 1st at 11:59pm GMT-4. Good luck, and have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
first of all, here's the results of semifinals predictions:
1695607875097.png

Now for my upcoming predictions:
1695608045607.png

all stats can be found on my spreadsheet
Lots of close games, with even a dead-even tie between The dance of Alice and Wubben - though thats mostly because they don't have many games to their name (both originally being subs)
Set is leaning towards a china victory, but my heart is still with benelux. Good luck everyone! May the best-generated teams win

Last edited:
Gen 1 Random Battle Bo3 : cscl vs Chains of Markov
7-5 china
rooting fow big W and LW

seems like I went from 0-5 to 14-7 in predictions last week, but these could be way off again...
Team China (5) vs Team Benelux (7)
glhf all please make the rematch exciting

Prediction
China (6) vs Benelux (3)
Gen 8 Random Battle bo5: Separation vs Michielleus
Gen 8 Random Battle bo3: llxwd vs Fant'sy Beast
Gen 8 Random Battle bo3: xn9999 vs Elgino
Gen 7 Random Battle bo3: ctmrdwl vs Ainzcrad
Gen 6 Random Battle bo3: Quagmander vs Monkey
Gen 5 Random Battle bo3: dragonitenb vs TheFranklin
Gen 4 Random Battle bo3: ksicide vs Aliss
Gen 3 Random Battle bo3: Indulge in dreams vs xGang
Gen 2 Random Battle bo3: Yuudachi0811 vs Tony
Gen 1 Random Battle bo3: cscl vs Chains of Markov
Something feels off about my prediction but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Petros

Always Jacked
looks like my most accurate prediction from last week was the benelux vs latam total score. my china vs us west prediction went the total opposite way, so overall we did ok i guess, not too good, not too bad. finals predictions here, this time with a bit of justification (cause you know, finals):

Team China (4) vs Team Benelux (8)
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo5: Separation vs Michielleus (can go either way, both great players but i have to bold my mewtwo bro)
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: RainListener vs Fant'sy Beast (again can go either way, bolding rainlistener to be fair)
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: lza vs Jordy004 (very slight edge on iza i think)
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo5: llxwd vs YveltalNL (yveltal has been amazing, should win unless autoloss mus)
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo3: the dance of Alice vs Wubben (was not impressed at all by the dance of alice's games vs shadows)
Gen 7 Random Battle Bo3: burstbean vs Ruft (ruft has the edge, but it's gen 7 you know...)
Gen 6 Random Battle Bo3: Quagmander vs TheFranklin (i know i keep bolding against quagmander, but thefranklin wins an even mu everyday)
Gen 5 Random Battle Bo3: Raceding vs Ainzcrad (can go either way, let's bold china this time, or they might send assassins after me)
Gen 4 Random Battle Bo3: ksicide vs Drud (again can go either way, both solid players, let's give one more to china to make things interesting)
Gen 3 Random Battle Bo3: Indulge in dreams vs xGang (iid proved to be a great challenger for gang after his set vs anna, but gang is the adv god)
Gen 2 Random Battle Bo3: Yuudachi0811 vs livid washed (livid has proven to be extremely consistent, clear edge here)
Gen 1 Random Battle Bo3: cscl vs Chains of Markov (anything can happen in gen 1, both know what they're doing, bolding benelux this time)

will be extremely funny if the chinese prove me wrong again. go benelux!

yonmd

Formerly Yes or no my dude
is a Tiering Contributor
Gen 1 Random Battle Bo3 : cscl vs Chains of Markov

7-5 China

Tarrembeau

le moi est incommunicable
is a Community Contributor
Last but not least, we have a rematch from last year's finals! will the history repeat itself or will Team Benelux manage to find the right dynamic to win this time?

Team China (5) vs Team Benelux (7)
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo5: Separation vs Michielleus - A rematch from last year but in a different format! both player has been on fire this year and this is as much as an highlight you can expect from the bo5 cg slot. Could go both ways at this point and this is true for pretty much every of the coming series so I won't say it again. Very slight tiny edge to Michielleus who I think can be more consistent in the newer gen.
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: RainListener vs Fant'sy Beast - another great match ups, Fant'sy has been a key part of Benelux success in several occasion now, but same can be said for RainListener and China, so we'll see how it goes
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: lza vs Jordy004 - two capable players, slight edge for the Chinese
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo5: llxwd vs YveltalNL - bo5 is long an grueling when you have to watch 10 dynamaxed mons. YveltalNL is proven in this hell of a format (hell, but rather balanced) so I'm gonna favor them
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo3: the dance of Alice vs Wubben - Wubben won an important game last week against Enzonana and I wasn't much impressed by the Chinese sub
Gen 7 Random Battle Bo3: burstbean vs Ruft - two strong players in a rocky format
Gen 6 Random Battle Bo3: Quagmander vs TheFranklin - arce9 won in a very convincing manner last week after a difficult season, but the n°1 SCL ranked RU player is familiar with high stakes game
Gen 5 Random Battle Bo3: Raceding vs Ainzcrad - two strong contenders is the worst of all time format (this hell will stop soon, thankfully), but I like Raceding plays better overall
Gen 4 Random Battle Bo3: ksicide vs Drud - ksicide impressed me throughout the whole tour, I'm favoring them here
Gen 3 Random Battle Bo3: Indulge in dreams vs xGang - indulge in dreams do be strong, but so is xGang, I've been told, something like "rands player with the best results in team tours" or something like that
Gen 2 Random Battle Bo3: Yuudachi0811 vs livid washed - another strong pair of players, kinda went with my guts here
Gen 1 Random Battle Bo3: cscl vs Chains of Markov - the third (out of 12!) rematch from last year. Chains of markov is most likely a bit more used to gen1 than they were last year, but cscl, without having stellar results, showed that they can play and win in this format

For those following along at home, these are the presumptive scheduled times at this point, which I will attempt to keep up to date. To spectate them, stick around in the Random Battles room on PS, where the games should be linked. All times are in GMT.

Gen 5 Random Battle Bo3: Raceding vs Ainzcrad - Sunday 1 PM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)