NOC Why is there a gun in my popcorn? GAME OVER SCUM WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
MoodyCloud iso:
1) confirm; 2) remove living winners
3) aloof
4) brief WIFOM analysis re: Texas first gunbearer, scrumreads Josh
5) Seems conflicted on giving him the gun; suggests shooting less active to prevent issues.
6) Goes after UncleSam for partial defense of the inactives
7) joke defense
8) Agrees with Asek's analysis. I'd like to note that I do, too. Haruno was demonstrably a wrong shot, but I agreed at the time that Haruno needed to be reined in somehow, and the others are at least okay shots in my book (note, I'm the most iffy now on FH; my opinion of him has faded to "I need to look at him again")
9) Rehash, wants to go after shubaka neutrals
10) Goes against Yeti's justification for shooting me/Josh/DLE
11) joke
12) anti-WIFOM, and anti-Sam
13) joke
14) aloof
15) more anti-Sam, but his defense is odd. I would expect a lot more from a mafian

Conclusion: Don't shoot him. I think if he were mafia, he'd act a fair bit different.

I disagree. He's like a reverse town and gets way more defensive when he's under pressure if he has nothing to hide. I look at that ISO and it doesn't give me the same reaction it does you.

In any case the only REAL question to ask is whether someone is above or below the median on whether you'd keep them to the end. Anyone below the line's getting shot eventually it's just a matter of when and IMO the gunbearer should not be predictable in that regard.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Day was busy than i thought it would be, rip @.@

So rather than be admittedly redundant and make a full list again that includes reads that haven't changed, i'm just rereading the thread since my last major post (that being the Yeti ISO) and giving some thoughts. Maybe i can put a more cohesive list together later if i find more time than what i have currently.. because those big posts don't just take time to write, it takes more time on top of that to analyse them and research precisely who said what.

"Thoughts on stuff since my last big post" thing

-right off the bat i'm seeing more people riding off my stuff, as after my Yeti ISO, there's a fair chunk of people who townread Yeti a lot more than before my ISO. I get i'm one of the most universal townreads and all, but i'd like people to think for themselves a bit (town), or stop trying to buddy me already (scum)

-quite a fair bit of people pointing out "if x flips scum look at Flyhn", for no reason i can see. Are these people buddying me? Should i do twin/Blazade ISOs to figure out why i'm somehow connected to them, and whether or not they're being scummy, or what? I mean, those two seem to be the most prominent (twin especially, Haruno first coined the connection there, but why is this a thing?)

-Now that we have more dead townies and sadly only 1 dead scum, it may be time to pull out my DBZ Mafia strat of analyzing everyone who's only done scumreads on those who are now confirmed town. If i can't find anyone fitting that criteria, i'll continue my same pattern up to now: ISOing people whom i'm less confident in my reads on/occasionally giving some other thoughts. I'll look through that soon enough

-DBW was lower on my shot priorities for idlers.. i mean i had him as either a Slight townlean/Townlean iirc, whereas other idlers ranged from Null to flat out Scum. Although yeah, the dle defense was really weird and i believe if i remember right that came.. after my readspost? I can't remember, but i feel like that's right. I was expecting this shot, but if it were me in Empoof's position i would've taken out Jalmont first, and from there... twin/moody/blazade?. dle IS starting to post a bit more now, i may have to read back through other games and compare posts to get a feel for him tbh

-Moody seems.. weird. Weird usually isn't good from my perspective, honestly i'd be fine with this shot, but i believe there are much better ones to make namely Jalmont. his idling feels worse to me somehow. Idk, just a gut feeling. Plus this
nah i'm good
Feels eerily similar to this
i'm not idling you're idling
This is what makes idlers feel scummier to me (well that and the meta, which was reason #1 for shub. Jalmont idles regardless, so that point's moot for him). When they make these kind of shitposts to actively continue idling. It's anti-town to just keep idling like that

And... that's basically the most major points i wanted to make based on the last few pages or so

Fifth Shot - End

Guns are made for shooting, right? So the drowsy man spots a target and fires.

Maybe he should have stood up first. The bullet hits the wall and the angles take the wheel from there.

Spang! Ptang! Bying! Sploit!

Jalmont rushes over to the man who just became well-acquainted with his namesake and finds a gun.

Sixth Shot

DeathByWobbuffett shot a Townie and died. Jalmont is the new Gunbearer. Jalmont, you have ~48 hours to shoot another player.

Deadline for Sixth Shot is April 5th 10am UTC-6.

Yeah, Vote Sam I guess.

At the very least, we get a bit of insight regarding Yeti.

Also, why is it all my scumreads are flipping town? I mean, seriously. Except Former Hope. Jalmont what would you say about shooting him next?

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Does seriously no one have an issue with Josh and Leet both instantly bandwagoning that?
Yeah, I may look into that. Ever since my town conclusion on my leet ISO, he's been doing little things that just feel... off. Thay and Josh flat out REQUESTED him next, so I may look into that as well. For now though, i'm at school, so it'll have to wait

No, because I have a scum read on Leet and a lean scum read on Josh and so them bandwagoning that worries me.
Alternatively, you're doing exactly what I accused you of doing in the first place, and one of the big reasons I think you're scum: Purely throwing shade, without real scumhunting behind it.

Also, after Jalmont's Town flip, I'm going to have to go over my reads. Expect that sometime today.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I may look into that. Ever since my town conclusion on my leet ISO, he's been doing little things that just feel... off. Thay and Josh flat out REQUESTED him next, so I may look into that as well. For now though, i'm at school, so it'll have to wait
I take issue with you and fh taking issue. if I had the gun rn I would not be shooting Sam, I would be shooting fh. however, the entire point of this setup is that the power is in the hands of the gunbearer. I don't town read Sam and thus I'm alright with him being shot, and if I'm alright with it it should happen because that's jalmont the gunbearers choice of kill. you defeat the purpose of this if you don't put stock in the Gun.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
if jalmont was just a random person in a noc telling me to vote Sam, is laugh and keep leading your (fh) lynch. here, he's confirmed town, telling us his strongest scum read and asking for our opinions. I'll get to shoot you if i get the gun, and jalmont should be able to shoot who he wants now that he has the gun. again, id argue if I thought Sam was probably town, but I don't tr him and therefore shouldn't argue. this game has an interesting mechanic: you need EVRRYONE to tr you to succeed as scum or some random dude will shoot you. if you direct the gunbearer to your read of choice you're removing the inherent huge advantage town has.

in simpler words: there's somebody almost every game who nails the scum team, by chance if nothing else. in this game they get to do something about it! that one person who nails the scum team is enough to win the game. that person shooting someone outside their scum reads removes that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)