Weatherless team

So this is a team I've recently made and has worked pretty well so far. Any tips to make it better would be apprieciated.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

The main point of ferrothorn is to get is many entry hazards down, starting with stealth rock as possible, in order to help ensure a sweep by Kyurem-B later on. However, there is probably to much reliance on this pokemon as getting the stealth rock up at least is essential. Not having that up can be very bad for sweeping. I'm thinking about replacing power whip with thunder wave, but I don't want it's only attacking move to be gyro ball.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw

This is the main late game sweeper for the team. Even without stealth rock Outrage can take down a good deal of pokemon. However, if the pokemon does survive, its ice typing makes it very easy to revenge kill. This is especially true with priority users, but I'll get to that later. Dragon Claw is for when there are still steal types or priority users left as it doesn't lock it in. Fussion bolt can be useful for if it has to got against steel (does more damage that earth power) and still hits hard for everything else. I'm not sure if ice beam is that useful, but I can't see anyother useful options.

Rotom-Wash @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

This is put in mostly for coverage and in order to deal with bulky water types with ice beam, rock types such as Terrakion, and the occaisional Infernape. Expert Belt is used instead of Specs in order to trick gliscors and other usual counters of specs Rotom-w into coming in. It's worked quite a bit, but I'm not sure if the power drop is worth it. It's worked as a general counter for rain teams, which can be annyoing especailly with steels.

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I guess this is pretty much a bread and butter Landorus sweep. Good generally at keeping momentum with U-turn, and setting up the stage for an outrage sweep. Hidden power ice is for other landoruses, gliscors, or dragon/flying types. It lacks originality and suprise, but still gets the job done.

Gyarados @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Ice Fang
- Roar
- Waterfall

Roar is used to get stealth rock damage up, and prevent anything from setting up. Its able to take hits pretty well and most people don't suspect rest on it. Ice fang is used for gliscor, and others. Waterfall is the only non-niche attacking move and is useful for Heatrans. It's probably one of the weaker links, and could possibly be changed.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This pokemon is essential in order to get a clean sweep with Kyurem-B. It not only can get rid of steel types that resist outrage, bar heatran, but can also deal with the scizor, which can easily take down kyurem-B with bullet punch. Subsitute is easily set up on ferrothorn and Forretress that lack earthquake. Even if there are no steal types to worry about it usually manages to pull it's weight.

Threat list: All three of these pokemon can hinder me getting stealh rock out and can counter Kyurem

Infernape: Infernape is not incredibly common anymore, but poses a huge threat to any sweep. It can easily take down ferrothorn, magnezone, and Kyurem-B with mach punch and Overheat. Rotom-W, Gyrados, and Landorus (though I have to be carful about being locked into earthquake) can check it, but not as well as I'd like.

Terrakion: Again mach punch can be a big problem, and so can close combat if it is scarfed. Same general problem as Infernape.

Heatran
A pain in the neck for the same reasons. Not as big of a problem as it can't do too much to Rotom.

P.S.: If anyone could find a way to actually incorporate a Wobbuffet into the team, that would be awesome. I haven't (and don't think anyone actually will) but Wobbuffets are badasses and I want to use one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)