Want to see your Original sprites on the X-Box Live Arcade?

The encyclopedia has been updated to reflect recent changes.

How are the sprites you guys are working on going? Fixed Armadillo + Juvenile? Juvenile Gorilla? Sea Epic revisions?

Here is our working 'To Do' list:

Sprites that could be redone/QC'd:

Water Platypus
Fire Thylacine
Ice Ibex
Shadow Angler baby
Atomic Spider
Electric Porcupine
Electric Red Panda
Earth Elephant
Earth Ant

Add those that are missing:

Shadow Tiger Baby
Shadow Turtle Baby
Atomic Gorilla Baby
Metal Armadillo Baby
Metal Concept
Earth Bull Baby
Earth Lion Adult

@Energy Storm - I have put your lamprey in Metal for now just because I am not certain where I want to put it. It may actually end up replacing the adult Shadow Lamprey/Bat as it is a similar concept.

So, I decided to take a break from the Armadillo for a bit and decided to spruce up one of our existing creatures. The result? New Ice Ibex!

Tell me what you guys think!

Status Report: Next up will be the a fixed Armadillo, and after that, some mix of the Armadillo and Ibex infants, with maybe a Thylacine redesign mixed in somewhere. Whatever the case, I'm calling the Fire Thylacine for redesign purposes. Next update will hopefully be over the weekend if all goes well. +/

@Studio 534: Might I recommend adding the Lamprey to Atomic? The green mouth and disentegrating tail, along with its sickly coloration make me think Atomic. Just my two cents.

So, I decided to take a break from the Armadillo for a bit and decided to spruce up one of our existing creatures. The result? New Ice Ibex!

Tell me what you guys think!

Status Report: Next up will be the a fixed Armadillo, and after that, some mix of the Armadillo and Ibex infants, with maybe a Thylacine redesign mixed in somewhere. Whatever the case, I'm calling the Fire Thylacine for redesign purposes. Next update will hopefully be over the weekend if all goes well. +/

@Studio 534: Might I recommend adding the Lamprey to Atomic? The green mouth and disentegrating tail, along with its sickly coloration make me think Atomic. Just my two cents.
I really like this aXl! There are some minor things we might tweak but nothing you need to worry about! Looking forward to seeing the sprites you mentioned above!

EDIT: One thing though. I would really prefer to fill in these blanks before we do a ton of redesign of our current stuff, just so I can hand this back to Jon for management and he can walk you guys through that. So finish the Ibex infant but leave the Thylacine for now. I would really like to see you take another crack at your Earth Bull juvenile.

Also I agree that the lamprey is a great candidate for the atomic type but right now we have similar atomic types (and a lot of aquatic creatures oddly in there too) so we may make some tweaks and use it somewhere else.

OK, so you want gap-fillers, eh? This should help out a bit. Metal Armadillo Infant!

Timid little bugger, tries to keep most of its body protected at one time as possible. Works pretty well for it though, as every part of it's body can act as a shield when used right. +)

Also played around with the Metal Armadillo Adult, and my brother pointed out that, instead of increasing the left arm's size, I could instead slim the Right arm down as well. Tried this a bit, and the result looks pretty good. May slim it down a bit more if need be, but here's a comparison of the two:

If this looks like a good direction to proceed with, I'll play with the width of the arm a bit more in the future. Tell me what you think!

EDIT: Hmmm. Side by side, it appears Mac .png saves increase the brightness of the original colors. If possible, in the final game, the original colors would be much better, IMO. Just pointing that out, as I'm not sure if I can fix that on my comp... +(
EDIT2: Nevermind. Doing this mindless job myself. +)

OK, so you want gap-fillers, eh? This should help out a bit. Metal Armadillo Infant!

Timid little bugger, tries to keep most of its body protected at one time as possible. Works pretty well for it though, as every part of it's body can act as a shield when used right. +)

Also played around with the Metal Armadillo Adult, and my brother pointed out that, instead of increasing the left arm's size, I could instead slim the Right arm down as well. Tried this a bit, and the result looks pretty good. May slim it down a bit more if need be, but here's a comparison of the two:

If this looks like a good direction to proceed with, I'll play with the width of the arm a bit more in the future. Tell me what you think!

EDIT: Hmmm. Side by side, it appears Mac .png saves increase the brightness of the original colors. If possible, in the final game, the original colors would be much better, IMO. Just pointing that out, as I'm not sure if I can fix that on my comp... +(
EDIT2: Nevermind. Doing this mindless job myself. +)
It still looks like there is way too much of a difference between the two arms. I think the right arm is at a good size now so you will just need to adjust the left arm to make it bigger and a bit more round.

For the juvenile I think it should have a bit more rounded carapace... something less harsh than the sharp edges that the current version has. Below is the concept for the metal anklyasaur but I think the juvenile could possibly resemble something along the lines of the this juvenile.

It still looks like there is way too much of a difference between the two arms. I think the right arm is at a good size now so you will just need to adjust the left arm to make it bigger and a bit more round.

For the juvenile I think it should have a bit more rounded carapace... something less harsh than the sharp edges that the current version has. Below is the concept for the metal anklyasaur but I think the juvenile could possibly resemble something along the lines of the this juvenile.

Hmmm. OK, I'll play around with it using these recommendations.

with school coming to a close, I'm getting really busy so I cant do much spriting. withing a few weeks we should be able to go in FULL FORCE

ZUUUUUL

Yeah school's also kind of killing me right now. However, I HAVE been able to work on the sea epic here and there. Here's a another update.

Again, colors are tentative

Yeah school's also kind of killing me right now. However, I HAVE been able to work on the sea epic here and there. Here's a another update.

Great start, and quite possibly the best thing I've seen yet from the Epics. Just saying. Needs arms and claws though, IMO.

Should update with the adjusted Armadillos in a bit. Also, reserving Adult Earth Lion. +)

Great start, and quite possibly the best thing I've seen yet from the Epics. Just saying. Needs arms and claws though, IMO.

Should update with the adjusted Armadillos in a bit. Also, reserving Adult Earth Lion. +)
See that's the problem. I'm having a lot of trouble figuring if I want fins or claws, and the positioning of it so that it doesn't look awkward in this pose. If anyone one can help me in that regards, it be much appreciated.

EDIT: I was looking at the encyclopedia and I was wondering about the Metal Rhino and Tortoise? Do we really need both of them? I mean, no offense, but if you think about it, those two are almost the EXACT SAME thing. I suggest editing the Rhino into something a little more defined. Just my opinion.

Whoa that's an awesome sprite. My only suggestion is to add a bit of highlight to the left (ones in the back) teeth on the upper jaw, even though they're in the back and should be darker.

POST 1000! wooooooooo

that epic is looking pretty...well...EPIC! but the colors of the teeth and under belly are too similar and blend together. I'd say maybe just give it arms because in that position it would be too awkward to add legs.

POST 1000! wooooooooo

that epic is looking pretty...well...EPIC! but the colors of the teeth and under belly are too similar and blend together. I'd say maybe just give it arms because in that position it would be too awkward to add legs.
Yeah, I kind of was planning on using that peach color for the underbelly, but I may have to change the tone in order to differentiate from the teeth.

Here's me copping out for the arms. Do these stupid-ass flippers look good enough? These arms are really killing me >:(

EDIT: What if I tried something like this? Yes? No?

I was exactly allready working on the adult earth lion, and since I made the baby form, I would like to make the adult too. I hope you don't mind.
OK, sounds good to me. I wasn't sure if you were still working on it, but ifyou are, that's fine by me. +)

POST 1000! wooooooooo

Agree with DD here. So give it arms..and I suggest tiny arms, like rayquaza has.

@aXL: thnx.

Yeah, I kind of was planning on using that peach color for the underbelly, but I may have to change the tone in order to differentiate from the teeth.

Here's me copping out for the arms. Do these stupid-ass flippers look good enough? These arms are really killing me >:(

EDIT: What if I tried something like this? Yes? No?
How about whale-like flippers with claws on the ends?
This guy is looking good!

With the flipper idea you are going with it really looks a lot like a kronosaurus:

Which is fine because kronosaurus is awesome, lol. I would, however, agree with Energy Storm and say that they need to be a little more bad ass looking than the rounded whale ones you have on there right now.

What does this look like with the old arms on it?

Agree with DD here. So give it arms..and I suggest tiny arms, like rayquaza has.
I think the problem with this idea is 1.) because rayquaza has tiny arms and I don't want to invite a comparison, and 2.) As this is a Sea creature the tiny arms would probably make it kind of clumsy in the water where fins would help.

So, a few quick edits on my armadillos. Slowly adjusting them until their perfect, but here's what I got.

Infant also was edited, but can't upload him due to school Internet right now. But yeah. tell me if I should expand the shield a bit more on the other arm.
EDIT: Bing!

So, here's the bad news. You guys know how the Mac I've been using was school-issue? Well, they decided it's time to collect. NO LAPTOP FOR ME OVER THE SUMMER. Nooooooooeesssss!

Good news is, I should be getting in a new Dell in a week or so. So, that means I'm getting my hands on a better laptop soon as well. But until then, the idea of me spiriting has been completely neutered. I'll still be able to dew and post concepts using my iPhone, but no actual Sprites for awhile. +(

So yeah. That's it for things on my end. Bad time I'm going through right now, but I should be out of it by next week. And by then, I'll also be off for Summer Break, so that means I got whole months with which to spend on fleshing out the encyclopedia. +)

This guy is looking good!

With the flipper idea you are going with it really looks a lot like a kronosaurus:

Which is fine because kronosaurus is awesome, lol. I would, however, agree with Energy Storm and say that they need to be a little more bad ass looking than the rounded whale ones you have on there right now.

What does this look like with the old arms on it?

I think the problem with this idea is 1.) because rayquaza has tiny arms and I don't want to invite a comparison, and 2.) As this is a Sea creature the tiny arms would probably make it kind of clumsy in the water where fins would help.
EXACTLY! I think these guys were exactly what I was trying for since the beginning. It was just that now I had trouble with the flippers and I forgot what the kronosauruses were called, so I had no useful references. Thanks!

So, a few quick edits on my armadillos. Slowly adjusting them until their perfect, but here's what I got.

Infant also was edited, but can't upload him due to school Internet right now. But yeah. tell me if I should expand the shield a bit more on the other arm.
EDIT: Bing!

So, here's the bad news. You guys know how the Mac I've been using was school-issue? Well, they decided it's time to collect. NO LAPTOP FOR ME OVER THE SUMMER. Nooooooooeesssss!

Good news is, I should be getting in a new Dell in a week or so. So, that means I'm getting my hands on a better laptop soon as well. But until then, the idea of me spiriting has been completely neutered. I'll still be able to dew and post concepts using my iPhone, but no actual Sprites for awhile. +(

So yeah. That's it for things on my end. Bad time I'm going through right now, but I should be out of it by next week. And by then, I'll also be off for Summer Break, so that means I got whole months with which to spend on fleshing out the encyclopedia. +)
The adult is looking a little better but the juvenile didn't really change much... the pose on that guy is way too much of a side view. Did you look at the concept I posted for you?

EXACTLY! I think these guys were exactly what I was trying for since the beginning. It was just that now I had trouble with the flippers and I forgot what the kronosauruses were called, so I had no useful references. Thanks!
Well glad I could help, lol. Despite what some people are saying I think it definitely needs some back flippers, even if they are smaller.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)