Tournament VGC Swiss Tour - Round 6

ToastNoButter

is a Forum Moderator
:sv/flutter-mane: VGC Swiss Tour - hosted by ToastNoButter and Eeveon7 :sv/urshifu-rapid-strike:
:sv/iron-hands:

PLEASE READ THIS THREAD IN ITS ENTIRETY, PARTICULARLY IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST SMOGONVGC TOURNAMENT

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard VGC Regulation E tournament
  • This tournament will be Swiss, followed by Single Elimination in Top Cut. You will be removed from the tournament after losing 4 times, or a record of x-4. Records of 7-2 or better will qualify to the single elimination top cut stage.
  • Rounds will be Best of Three. You may not switch teams in between battles of the same set, but may switch teams every week. PLEASE OPEN ALL 3 GAMES AT THE SAME TIME TO PREVENT TEAM SWITCHING.
  • Matches must be played with Open Team Sheets
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown! (main server only due to SmogTours timer rules)
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, replays are required for all matches. If neither player posts replays of the match, a coinflip will occur. REPLAYS ARE MANDATORY REPLAYS ARE REQUIRED POST REPLAYS OR I WONT COUNT YOUR WIN.
  • Do not cheat. Cheating will result in a disqualification. Additional punishments may be applied as necessary. Cheating includes, but is not limited to:
    • Signing up with more than one account
    • Ghosting or being ghosted by another player (e.g. while playing a set, asking for advice about what team to bring or what plays to make)
    • Manipulating match outcomes (e.g. throwing a match in exchange for Smogon likes)
  • Do not harass or insult your opponents. I reserve the right to disqualify anyone breaking this rule. Additional punishments may be applied as necessary.
  • Standard Rules and Clauses
    • Team Lock Clause: Players must use the same team for all games of a given round. You can switch teams in between rounds/weeks, however.
    • Item Clause: Players cannot have two of the same item on the same team.
    • Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.
    • VGC 2023 Regulation E is a non-restricted format. This means players can use all Pokemon available in Scarlet/Violet besides the following:
      • Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Lunala, Solgaleo, Necrozma, Zacian, Zamazenta, Eternatus, Calyrex, Koraidon, Miraidon
      • Other Pokemon banned include Walking Wake and Iron Leaves
    • Mythical Pokemon are banned. These include:
      • Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Victini, Keldeo, Genesect, Diancie, Volcanion, Zeraora, Magearna, and Zarude
    • Matches will be played at level 50.
    • The format used for challenges is VGC 2023 Regulation E
  • Your match result will not be considered valid if:
    • You change teams (if only one player changes teams, they will be given a game loss for each game they do not bring their game 1 team to)
    • You do not post replays
    • You play a different VGC format. This is a Regulation E tournament!
  • What are we playing for?
    This tournament will award Tournament Points towards the 2023 VGC Circuit, which awards a prize banner and custom avatar to the winner of the entire circuit. If you win the seasonal itself, you will also get the "Hall of Fame" role in the official Smogon VGC Discord!
1st - 200 TP
2nd - 175 TP
3rd/4th - 140 TP
5th-8th - 105 TP
9th-16th - 75 TP
Top Cut - 50 TP
x-3 final record - 30 TP

If you have questions, you can send me a Forum PM or ask in the SmogonVGC Discord!

HOW TO SCHEDULE
^ watch this if you don't know how
Message your opponent on their Smogon wall (linked in pairings) publicly and work out a time between the two. Please be clear and timely with your scheduling so there is no confusion! Use concrete dates and times (with timezones) for clarity!
Don't say Friday at 5pm, say August 25th 17:00 GMT-4. [This is an example]

CALLING ACTIVITY

You may find that your opponent will not respond to your attempts to schedule the game. If this happens, make sure these rules happen before calling activity:
  • It's at least halfway through the week. Don't be the person trying to call activity Tuesday morning, be reasonable! Try to wait until at least Friday to call act
  • If it's later in the week, that you've been without a response for 24 hours
  • You should be scheduling on each other's Smogon wall, but if you're scheduling using Smogon PMs, Discord DMs, or Twitter DMs, please either post the scheduling conversation or send it to a host privately.
  • Extensions STRONGLY recommended against, only request one if you have no other option.

5-0 Bracket

LilPurpp19 VS Zeepel
DaanvirVGC VS AaPokemon
FunneeMonkee VS Mattadome02
z0mOG VS JMOdri

4-1 Bracket

eragon11145 VS jonago
TheInfiRed VS Mr.GX
Bunnyhop VS Finabas
SoapierMage5794 VS Slow Homie
Sela133VII VS p4bloL
LawrenceVGC VS JRL
bage1 VS Clas
sempra VS Borghi
KingC VS SquidCookie
Ivaryzz VS KingOfBees
head0fthetable VS TheEeveeAnimations
Happidoodledoo VS MudkiperVGC
gossifleur23 VS Dzhupito
Doles VS TyphoeusVGC
Magicalarcher57 VS PinkSylvie
DreamPrince VS Grandmas Cookin
ScalonetaPibe VS ChrisVG
papiloco VS Jay is decent
Herv VS SvenVGC
Reddo161 VS calvonix

3-2 Bracket

arcticfish VS Winnie1906
MyStarseiei VS Molten Tower
G50 VS ruuko
SoulboyVGC VS Faulty Avalugg
Akaru Kokuyo VS christianfinity
RikyCube VS AkumaVGC
Licenciado Pan VS aizakkoo_
DrFilo VS Hys
NecasInTrouble VS InkVGC
godlyreal VS TJRaynes
Real_Corviknight VS bdov
Claudio40034 VS Renju859
Daviron VS DomarpVGC
Pikachu Bagels VS Choruto
Jesuuuus VS Cao Jie
Incendorus VS Blimax
Lunala VS Trout In Space
Exotic64 VS Hypersonicly
Jake0743 VS krangune
Heika VS VGCsavant
AtomX7VGC VS Robbie35646
CreeperClash VS Bartek577777
EatFoods VS Ryum
Geight VS dunscy
fields1 VS ClumsyYuki
DarkJorch VS ramierdo
RustyChair13 VS DuckiiVG
Asuya VS glowbrogang
Remake VS probrn
Frixel VS A Welcome Guest
ToastNoButter VS Vinc2612
E-create VS GetPilfered
udhhfd12345 VS LegacyVGC
Ashleemaster VS yuki
KBro VS Indi01
Verdicello VS Bacon122
Eeveon7 VS BYE

2-3 Bracket

Orange Steve VS Deathninja952
Jtinouye13 VS xqiht
Surfy VS kythr
bdogplatinum VS maestro de hydreigon
Teka VS Glacier24
OriginalLynn VS trace
Gaboswampert VS ultralane
zaydwithyomom VS TheGamingMammoth
winteredsoul VS 413X
nis298 VS mako76
Henkkake VS SmogonIguess
Sir Aaron07 VS Alolan Serena
Rubyblood VS WWCelta
Kiyo VS Azick
Deez Is The Way VS Axily
iWill VS Walrain
aizenthepoggers VS SleepySilverVGC
silvxr VS LameLiarLeo
deathdragon25o VS Delta4
AlexanderB0399 VS iPetBigfoot
jellybean64 VS Benditokpo
nicolas rainier VS TheManOfSausage
camille2010 VS SizzleySnom
ItsCorredera VS SpikeMike
Mister McLovin VS CodeVG
Ace98121212 VS Gurrasnurra5
Flipsicle VS Radio Free C-Side
DHUVANESH VS SnazzySwampert
Drud VS Poggersmans
Potato_Dev VS JoeUX9
Mvic1ous VS CarriFran
Zazac VS DanMNC
Piloufis VS MatRod
Sheep.Professional VS Ducktile
Socrates1O1 VS BYE

GAMES ARE DUE BY SUNDAY OCTOBER 1 23:00 GMT-4. PLEASE FINISH GAMES ON TIME

Last edited:

ToastNoButter

is a Forum Moderator
For those that are in the habit of not reading the whole of the round instructions:

THE FORMAT FROM THIS ROUND ONWARD IS REGULATION E!

Anyways, as always if there are any repeat pairings or other issues, let me know.

It seems strange to change the format for the tournament halfway through it. I've been avoiding Reg E specifically to prepare for this, and now I have to learn a new format in a couple days. I understand why you want to follow the hype, but it would have been nice to know ahead of time to be properly prepared.

ToastNoButter

is a Forum Moderator
It seems strange to change the format for the tournament halfway through it. I've been avoiding Reg E specifically to prepare for this, and now I have to learn a new format in a couple days. I understand why you want to follow the hype, but it would have been nice to know ahead of time to be properly prepared.
Ye that's my bad, wasn't sure how to announce it. If something like this happens again, it's going to be announced in the post of the round before like it should've been this time.

I also wanna add on to this that we technically don't even know what reg e is, and it also isn't the format that is currently going on still.

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
act call, have been waiting 33 minutes and dont have time any longer. lunala i want to see you go 4-0 now, make it to top cut please
I also wanna add on to this that we technically don't even know what reg e is, and it also isn't the format that is currently going on still.
we have general ideas + cart ladder is effectively E rn, and the format has had multiple big grassroots tournaments (including the most stacked limitless tour i think ever? someone will have to check that)

Predictions for 5-0:

LilPurpp19 vs. Zeepel: I really wanna see this match because I’m not very familiar with both of these two. But they seem to have done extremely well in previous rounds. Knocking TheEeveeAnimations(Who’s a really good player and team builder) and SvenVGC(Who won the Summer Seasonal) down to x-1 respectively. But just because this is Zeepels first Smogon tour from what I’ve seen, I‘ll give it to them.

DaanvirVGC vs. AaPokemon: AaPokemon is really good and while Daanvir has some good results, AaPokemon is one of the best players so far in this tour.

FunneeMonkee vs. Mattadome02: Mattadome02 I’m not very familiar with, and while they did beat Robbie, FunneeMonkee I’m familiar with and is really good as well, so I gotta give it to them.

Zomog vs. JMOdri: This match was decided.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)