VGC '12 Locations - Canadian Nationals Announced (Updated March 4th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't appreciate the Providence VGC location. It's over $100 from what I can tell to just attend. I'd appreciate it if they had in NJ again but RI? C'mon. At least have it anywhere but the smallest state in the country.

Oh well, guess I have to attend either Nationals or Philadelphia. Btw, anyone that attends Nationals is eligible to play, correct?
Only smallest in landmass, there are a lot of states with less population (and nearby population centers) that they could have chosen... Also please stop complaining, as nice as this is I still have to go 6+ hours to a regional, don't act like you have it bad =/ And yes, anyone can attend and play in Nationals this year.

I don't want to sound like a snob because I know TPCI has given us plenty this year and I appreciate that. However, the fact I live in one of the most popular cities and the world and still have to travel at least 3 hours to get to the closest regional... it's just not worth it.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't want to sound like a snob because I know TPCI has given us plenty this year and I appreciate that. However, the fact I live in one of the most popular cities and the world and still have to travel at least 3 hours to get to the closest regional... it's just not worth it.
You're complaining about 3 hours? There has never been a VGC-related event closer than 7 hours away from me, and probably won't be in the near future. And I'm really happy about these new changes, not mad I have to pay $100 (which I will be paying well over $100 to attend one regional). As for you being in a very populated city, you get a regional a mere 3 hours from you. You are sounding like a snob, like if you were given a brand-new car then complained you had to pay for your own insurance, something you're expected to do.

You do have other regional's to choose from. Rhode Island is for the New England Area. We have North East Regionals next year(Philly) and I think its like a 2 hour bus ride (I've done it last year). I know plenty of people who travel 3+ hours for tcg and also for vgc.

Also Jrank has a point (minus the snob part). Just because you live in NYC doesn't mean you are entitled to a regionals. I do look forward to tcg+vgc regionals coming back to NYC (vg in 08 and tcg in 07).

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Man I was willing to go international to go to VGC. 2.5 hour bus trip (still just across the border though xD)

It is coming to Canada, we're going to have 2 regionals and the Nationals championship is in Toronto.

You're complaining about 3 hours? There has never been a VGC-related event closer than 7 hours away from me, and probably won't be in the near future. And I'm really happy about these new changes, not mad I have to pay $100 (which I will be paying well over $100 to attend one regional). As for you being in a very populated city, you get a regional a mere 3 hours from you. You are sounding like a snob, like if you were given a brand-new car then complained you had to pay for your own insurance, something you're expected to do.
I'm sorry, I don't live in Antarctica, I expected with 15 stops I'd have one closer to me. Oh well. Also, right DTrain. I do know I'm not entitled to one, I was just saying I'd be happier if it was closer. That's all I meant. I also look forward to the vgc and tcg coming back to NYC. It wasn't very convenient for most people, but it'll be fun nonetheless. Probably won't happen though :/

andrea

/me cresselias
Personally I'm pretty excited about a stop that's only 4 hours away...
Exactly. Wish people would stop complaining! 6 hours was a delightfully short trip for me to Indianapolis this year compared to everywhere else I attended.

Also... am I correct in assuming you'll be at Ft. Wayne? Cause it would be pretty awesome to potentially hang out again like we did at Worlds this year! Perhaps we could even find a TGI Friday's to go to.

At least you're not Seattle. Host company. Not have tournament.
They might still have a Regional in Seattle. I hope they either put one in Seattle or Vancouver, because they need a Westcoast Regional. However, one regional in both places would be a waste, seeing as alot of the people who go to the Seattle Regionals are Canadian. And Vice-Versa.

Also... am I correct in assuming you'll be at Ft. Wayne? Cause it would be pretty awesome to potentially hang out again like we did at Worlds this year! Perhaps we could even find a TGI Friday's to go to.
I'll be there(and looking forward to seeing you, apparently)! We'll definitely have to track a Fridays down, it just wouldn't be the same if we didn't...

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
I really would love it if they held a regional in Philly :D I wonder what the rules and set up will be like for the upcoming year.
There's a thread with the rules already, if you haven't seen it yet.

I really don't appreciate the Providence VGC location. It's over $100 from what I can tell to just attend. I'd appreciate it if they had in NJ again but RI? C'mon. At least have it anywhere but the smallest state in the country.

Oh well, guess I have to attend either Nationals or Philadelphia. Btw, anyone that attends Nationals is eligible to play, correct?
Philly is only 3 hours from NYC, I believe? Go there.

For everyone else: I'll be at Philly (shut up.) If anyone (other than andrea - we've already talked about it) will be attending, let me know.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion

For everyone else: I'll be at Philly (shut up.) If anyone (other than andrea - we've already talked about it) will be attending, let me know.
lol

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
so bummed I have to miss the first-ever INDIANA REGIONAL UGH. oh well!

I'll definitely be attending the atlanta regional, should it remain a trend and exist, and possibly the seattle regional? maybe ending up there springish time, who knows how close it'll be to May or whenever. so yeah go team!

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
They might still have a Regional in Seattle. I hope they either put one in Seattle or Vancouver, because they need a Westcoast Regional. However, one regional in both places would be a waste, seeing as alot of the people who go to the Seattle Regionals are Canadian. And Vice-Versa.
The Northwest Regional has already been announced and confirmed for Salem, OR. There will not be a Seattle regional. The Canada West regional has been in the lower mainland for the past several years. Unless they move it to Calgary, which I doubt they'll do, it will be in the Metro Vancouver area again. Most likely Surrey.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm gonna try to go to Virginia, looks like.

So nobody else go there if they want to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)