VGC '12 Locations - Canadian Nationals Announced (Updated March 4th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jrank big props for being able to realize and accept your mistakes from last season and trying to look out for others :)

I'm really looking forward to this season and meeting loads of smogoners

Hawaii or bust

I guess since we are talking locations here and this seems like the best spot, I figured I'd ask:

Aprrx how much would it cost to take me, and two others to Hawaii for Worlds? This summer I will be going to college so for once I don't start school before Worlds and I'd LOVE to go but that means I need a part time soon. I also live in Indy for an estimation on distance. But anyways, anyone whose saved up, about how much did it cost in 2010?

I guess since we are talking locations here and this seems like the best spot, I figured I'd ask:

Aprrx how much would it cost to take me, and two others to Hawaii for Worlds? This summer I will be going to college so for once I don't start school before Worlds and I'd LOVE to go but that means I need a part time soon. I also live in Indy for an estimation on distance. But anyways, anyone whose saved up, about how much did it cost in 2010?
I've been told that it cost around 600-700 USD (I remember I found a ticket for 800 a few weeks before the event) for a plane ticket for one person in 2010. this is obviously not including hotels and other costs.

Hmm so factoring in two tickets (surely they don't charge for a one (will be two then) year old right?), hotel costs, I'm looking at around $1800?

Yikes....

breh

強いだね
I haven't been following this thread, so I apologize if anybody said anything about this:

Is it possible that NorCal have a regional? The closest one is currently 6 hours away, which is kind of silly.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I haven't been following this thread, so I apologize if anybody said anything about this:

Is it possible that NorCal have a regional? The closest one is currently 6 hours away, which is kind of silly.
They might have one in April, but I'd be surprised since they already have them in both SoCal and Oregon. I drove about six hours for Worlds this year, it really isn't that big a deal.

Sweet, Metro Vencouver in April! Are you sure though? I went to several site and none of them said anything about Metro Vancouver. However I'll take your word for it.

Sweet, Metro Vencouver in April! Are you sure though? I went to several site and none of them said anything about Metro Vancouver. However I'll take your word for it.
Pretty sure. We were talking to a staff member of Organized Play at Battle Roads today. For like two hours.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There will not be any Washington regionals. The November locations are all in the OP. Do not expect any more.

Here's to Atlanta being in April. Closest event so far is the Florida event and I can't drive 6 hours to FL in the middle of my school year.

Its highly unlikely there will be one in New Jersey as there is regionals in Virginia and possibly another in Pennsylvania so having 3 regionals all with in a 1-2 day drive of each other is highly unlikely

I meant if anyone thought the Northeast regional spring was in Newark instead of being in Pennslyvania because I live in New Jersey and I was hoping it was in Newark for 2012.

I meant if anyone thought the Northeast regional spring was in Newark instead of being in Pennslyvania because I live in New Jersey and I was hoping it was in Newark for 2012.
Ah ok well depending on who told the person that made the post that the regional was in Philadelphia I'd still say its unlikely as it was probably like a local Professor that was helping out at a Battle Roads event or something like that for the TCG.

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
There's still hope for a Phoenix Regional. Even though I don't live there any more, I want a reason to visit if there is one xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)