VGC '11 US West Regional - San Jose, CA - May 21st - WON BY zerowing & Unreality

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
VGC was pretty damn fun, I made Top 16 and beat Bad Intent in Top 32. That was a really good game and I read something about Specs Cobalion, never saw any of those. It was cool meeting other smogon people like the Ha Family and Zwing irl and guess this is a good time to say thanks to The Chaser, Ditto, muffinhead, and Jibaku for helping me get ready. Zwing's game was intense and hopefully I can go to nats and see more. Oh, I'm gonna need to pick up a pair of pants like zwing had.

I ended up competing today with almost the exact team that Metabou took second with, but ended up losing to a Trick Room team before top cut. I chalk my loss up to inexperience and I'd definitely like to try this again.

For those who don't know, I was Deagle and Metabou's tag-along for most of the day. Even though I was a stranger to most, I had a great time and am definitely glad I went. Before today, I hadn't decided between doing TCG or VGC at Worlds grinder (since they're the same day), but after today I'm certain that I'll be at the San Diego LCQ for Worlds. (I'll still probably be bringing a deck of proxies to play for fun, since there's nothing like a game of Pokemon to take your mind off Pokemon.)

kamz

VGC 2011 Seniors Champion
.... Yeah, probably not going to want to try anything ultimatedra suggested... especially from local branches of companies that probably don't even have the authority to make that sort of decision with their budget.

You could try, oh, I don't know, getting a job...
im only 13. anyone want to donate to me just tell me

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I love all the Smogoners getting their VGC entries clinched

that's less good people I have to face in LCQ

YAY PAULIE

They had some bullshit hack tests... My friend got "busted" for having an amoonguss that was level 51, and knew spore. The guy said that because amoonguss gets spore at 62, it was hacked.... I tried to explain that you can breed moves onto pokemon, but he got mad and threatened to DQ me too, so I stopped.... Oh well.. At least I got top 16.

They had some bullshit hack tests... My friend got "busted" for having an amoonguss that was level 51, and knew spore. The guy said that because amoonguss gets spore at 62, it was hacked.... I tried to explain that you can breed moves onto pokemon, but he got mad and threatened to DQ me too, so I stopped.... Oh well.. At least I got top 16.
LOL Nick was telling us about that while we were in line.

He said something about Amoongus being caught, not bred.

breh

強いだね
wait, what?

That's hilarious and simultaneously terrible, actually.

My amoonguss is level 55 and knew spore from being a Foonguss at level 50 (NEVER AGAIN WILL I DO THIS). In all seriousness, I'm sure they had to have DQed your friend for a more... uhh... viable reason. That doesn't seem intelligent because literally every single Amoonguss in this tourney had Spore, lol

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Was it a hacked Pokemon? (if it was hacked to look like a normal Pokemon, for the purpose of this question still count it as a hacked Pokemon)

I managed to get into the top 32 for Masters Devision. Since I was the last match or second to last match played in the 32, I'd say that puts me at... 17th or 18th place....

Not bad for an idiot with autisim that has no clue how to RNG and a team of pokemon with some lousey IVs.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I managed to get into the top 32 for Masters Devision. Since I was the last match or second to last match played in the 32, I'd say that puts me at... 17th or 18th place....

Not bad for an idiot with autisim that has no clue how to RNG and a team of pokemon with some lousey IVs.
I'm pretty sure the order you played in the top 32 shouldn't matter, you'd be tired for 32nd no matter what.

Well I had fun going today with voodoo pimp. Too bad I lost in my second match because my team was totally unprepared for Vanilluxe. Hopefully I'll do better next year.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey guys, just got back from some after tournament fun with everyone, now chilling at Huy's house. First off thanks to everyone for the support and congratulations, it means a bunch. I didn't think I was going to play this year, just because a lack of interest, but a few people sort of talked me into it and I booked a ticket right after the Seattle Regional and set about training with Synre. Thanks to all the Ducks, for talking me into going and giving me some motivation to play this year. Going into the tournament today, the last thing I expected was a win but with some tough matches, Deagle, Huy, Duy, and Metabou in the final rounds I was actually able to pull it out. I do want to thank all my opponents, this year was definitely the hardest of my 3 regional wins competition-wise, there was not a single easy win this year.

Metabou you were a great opponent in the finals, and I couldn't have asked for a better match, the amount of thinking I had to put into the match drained me and it was one of the greatest matches I had ever played, VGC or not. You're a great dude, hope to see you in Indy.

And again I have to thank all the Ducks for being supportive and driving me to be the best I can be. Fish and caffwin for being great friends and pushing me to take another shot at VGC. Synre and Carl helped me immensely this week and without either there would be another champion, I can't thank you both enough for your help this week and I am eternally grateful regardless of what happens in the future. And last but not least the Ha brothers and their family for taking me in and giving me a place to stay this weekend (and not kicking me to the curb after our matches xD).

I may write a warstory, whether or not I do I just want to say this was a great experience today and I'll see those of you going to Indy at Nats this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)