VGC '11 US East Regional - Washington, DC - June 11th - WON BY superwolfe & Cybertron

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you were 2-0 not 3-0 in the finals. I needed you by my side to help. Me keep track of all of those things in other's battles

Hitmonrocker aka Vincent had it won
Mitch aka ips had it won
Both messed up at the end, Vincent shadow balling the wrong thing and ips not going for HH dark pulse again

TTS vs Mitch was great though in T16
I streamed more of the second half of that though

I missed Rick, darkmaster491, vs Jibaku which seemed like it would have been good.

Fina cocy vs wolf was a bit funny

Seniors division I had a stally mirror match that wasted far too much time to make a comeback
Making a change to my team for Newark to fix that. And get past T16. But overall wasn't that hard.

Overall great meeting all of you
Still feel like I didn't talk to you enough.

P.S.
mingot is a troll telling us sankey would be there
cocy vs wolf? o.O

See you all next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Lost in R3.

I beat sandman's sister (according to Cybertron) R1. R2 was a 4-0. R3 I had full HP Hydreigon vs. 33% Whimsicott and lost to SubSeed stall :|

edit: vs. recorder: 38-43201-67255

Congrats everyone!

I'll probably post a more detailed warstory after Newark, but here is the short version of my dc experience:

Got paired with Sapphire Birch round 1, lost 1-0.

So that was an awesome first VGC. :) Everyone was so nice, and the battles were INSANE. Got knocked out in the first round, but it was totally worth going. Congrats to the champs.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
congrats aaron and his little bro! new family dynasty! was fun hanging out in DC and getting a private tour of the capitol building but bs hax in the actual tournament

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Haxed out R2, a critical heat wave miss, then a rock slide flinch :/. I had a lot of fun hanging out and watching finals with Saphire Birtch. The final match was really amazing, congrats wolfe!

Congrats to Aaron and his younger bro! Thanks to Indie Evan for the great tour :D
Got my invite to Nationals. My opponent has the weirdest team which through me off. I saw terrakion/jelly/whimsicott so figured maybe tailwind. WRONG, BOTH JELLY AND WHIMSICOTT RAN TRICKROOM lol. Either way had a great weekend (got my nats invite which was the main goal) and will post pics in my warstory :D Special thanks to andrea who gave me my mons last minute :)

Hey guys, new to Smogon and this VGC was my first ever. Really enjoyed it and was the first casualty of Wolfe. Congrats to him. I just threw my team together and hoped for the best which obviously wasn't that great XD. Grats to everyone going to Nationals!

Wolfey

VGC 2016 Masters Champion
Thanks to everyone who supported me, someone let me know when we get a video of that final because that was intense with half my pokemon sleeping.

Well it was nice this year.

So TTS made it into the top 16? That makes me feel a bit better now, considering that I barely lost to him in round 3...

Really fun event. Lost to Tyler round 4. Had a super close match with tehderek. I thought I was gonna lose round 1 haha.

Great hanging out with chibo, enfuego, and king emerald :D

whimsicott is god btw.

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Congrats again Wolf. Our match was frustrating and silly at times but I got my invite and Indy only 30 minutes away I can't complain.

Hell of congrats to fellow Scooter Jibaku pulling down a t4 finish and $300 as well as strong finishes from the Mighty Ducks and runner up imperfectspider. Newark is just around the corner and I know we'll see more of the same from our guys. Great meeting people and great battles.

I'll see everyone in Indy!

Oh and the new Zheng family Dynasty! So pwrfl

Super fun event :P. Ended up losing in the 3rd round partly due to rockslide missing both low health pokemon at the same time (it happened again in a casual match T_T), but also partly due to cofagrigus.

Other than that, it was a good and close match. I ended up switching Terrakion out for Gigalith last minute near the front of the line since I had Trick room and mainly slow pokemon (except for Volcarona and Krookodile to an extent, I badly needed a hydreigon counter :<).

I had fun. Knocked out in round 3 by muffinhead. I'll be at newark and I will do a combined warstory of the 2. It was great seeing everyone I saw. I'll see some of you next week.

Congrats to Aaron and his younger bro! Thanks to Indie Evan for the great tour :D
Got my invite to Nationals. My opponent has the weirdest team which through me off. I saw terrakion/jelly/whimsicott so figured maybe tailwind. WRONG, BOTH JELLY AND WHIMSICOTT RAN TRICKROOM lol. Either way had a great weekend (got my nats invite which was the main goal) and will post pics in my warstory :D Special thanks to andrea who gave me my mons last minute :)
You don't like Ms.Pac-Man and FernGully? lol. Good match, man. Other than the one I lost to Mitchell next round, you were the only one to push me. I got a lucky crit on my earlier opponent (Cocy) and ended up with full HP with all four pokes at the end of the battle. BTW that Terrakion wasn't EV trained, it was just there to throw people off lol.

Decent. I think we had like ~260 Seniors and ~300ish Juniors. I left before Masters so I don't know about that...
I'm not sure about the total number, but there were only 19 people who made it to the final's lounge. 13 people got byes while 6 of us had to battle for our top 16 spot. I had to play it out. Congrats to Wolfe and Mitchell, awesome job guys!

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Wow, I had a blast at this place. For my first VGC and for having absolutely no experience in Doubles matches prior to 2 months before thid, I did well. Lost in round 4 to a TR team. I'm sort of miffed about that, seeing how I tried to add Imprison to my Chandelure, only to find out that only it's pre-evos learn it. I might've won if I had that. Oh well.

If you saw a 17 year old white kid wearing glasses, jeans, a red-and-white striped polo shirt, and a green duffle bag, that was me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)