[UU RMT] Wanted: Help

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi. This is my second RMT, and this time, it's for UU. It's pretty offensive, but it has a bit of bulk in it as well. So without further ado:

IN DEPTH

The Lead

Ambipom@Life Orb
Jolly / Technician
252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spe
-Fake Out
-U-Turn
-Return
-Brick Break

Flinch and flee. Ambipom is one of the best leads in UU at the moment, with that very high speed and decent attack. Fake Out does suprisingly high amounts of damage, and breaks Sashes. U-Turn to scout. Return is for reliable STAB.
I'm wondering whether to replace Return or Brick Break with Payback or Pursuit, because he is completely walled by ghosts. Thoughts/suggestions welcome.

The Defense

Slowbro@ leftovers
Bold / Own Tempo
252 HP/ 212 Def/ 44 SpA
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Slack Off
-Toxic

To say that this thing is sturdy is an understatement. He just sits there on his fat ass , taking physical hits like nothing. Meanwhile, he can actually deal some damage in return. I chose Toxic because Paralysis suppport is already provided by Registeel. Toxic enables it to incapacitate Milotic, who otherwise is a decent threat to the team. Also, Slowbro helps against the plethora of rain dance teams present in UU at the moment. A fantastic and vital member of the team.

Registeel@Leftovers
Careful/ Clear Body
252 HP/ 56 Atk/ 200 SDef
-Iron Head
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Thunderwave

Registeel handles most of the special attacks thrown at the team. He is my main answer to CM Mismagius. He also sets up Stealth Rock, something no team should be without. Iron Head to deal damage, and Earthquake for hitting those Poison types, as well as stuff like Kabutops. It used to be mainly for Raikou, but now that he's been kicked out...
This guy is a good wall, but against Rain Dance, he is superb. He lols at Electrode, Kautop can't do too much to him, and his Thunder Wave nullifies their dear Swift Swim. Also destroys Quilfish. Suffers from a lack of recovery though, so I have to play him carefully.

The Offense

Blaziken@Choice Scarf
Lonely/ Blaze
212 Atk/ 56 SpA/ 240 Spe
-Superpower
-Thunderpunch
-Earthquake
-Overheat

Choice Scarf Blaziken. The EVs place him at 384 speed, enough to outrun Swellow. The rest are distributed among the offensive stats.
Thunderpunch is to nail bulky water switch ins. Superpower fits well with the theme of a choice set, and helps with Clefable and Chansey. Overheat is for steels like Registeel and Steelix, who is weaker on the special side. Earthquake beats Fire types and electrics.

I have mixed feelings about this guy. I'm not sure if I'm utilizing Blaziken properly. Is there a more efficient moveset for him?

Shaymin@ Life Orb
Timid / Natural Cure
252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 6 SDef
-Seed Flare
-Earth Power
-Air Slash
-Rest

Ah, Shaymin. He's only been on the team for a short while, but he's been amazing. He counters bulky waters, provides further defence against rain teams, and perhaps most importantly, stops that absolute BITCH Jumpluff.
We all know what Rest plus natural cure does, so I don't need to elaborate, do I?
He's also decently Bulky, so he can serve as a backup sponge if need be.

Mismagius@ Leftovers
Timid / Levitate
108 HP/ 180 SpA/ 220 Spe
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power Fighting
-Substitute
-Calm Mind

Sub CM Mismagius. One of the best late game sweepers out there, and loves to set up on Chansey. Shadow Ball + Hidden Power fighting provides perfect coverage with just two moves.
The EV spread is taken from the analysis, but I'm pretty sure that it was tailored for UU. Is it better to keep the same spread, or switch to 252/252?
(The speed allows it to outspeed all base 100s BTW)

I've noticed that this team has major problems with Toxic Spikes. Even though it affects only 3 members, Slowbro absolutely hates being poisoned, Blaziken is frail enough as it is, and Ambipom... well, you get the idea.
I also have big time problems with Sub Azumarill, especially if Shaymin is gone.
Oh, yeah, the biggest problem: Typhlosion ABSOLUTELY rapes me. If it's the scarf variant in the sun, it's pretty much gg right there.

So the major issues to be addressed are:
-Typhlosion raping me
-Blaziken's moveset/Item
-Counter to Azumarill
-Mismagius' EV spread
-Any other weaks that I may have

Thanks for your time.

Ok, ill help because i have used a similar team for a long time.

I would use Payback or Pursuit on Ambipom, because Missy will like to switch in to take Fake-Outs, and you can get a surprise kill (Which helps Blaziken alot).

Registeel looks fine.

Slowbro could definately use a better attack over Toxic. You should use either Thunder Wave, so you dont mess with Registeel's Thunder Wave, or Hidden Power Electric. There are so Many sub-punchers now, which you rely on Slowbro to take out.

Missy and Shaymin are fine.

I think you should use my Mixed set i came up with a while ago for Blaziken, its a much more effective Wall Breaker, especially for Missy.

(Blaziken) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 236 Atk/20 Spd/252 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Fire Blast
- Vacuum Wave
---

The Speed is not needed, because nothing can switch in to Blaziken. It really destroys teams, and has Priority to boot.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
First, thanks for the rate.

Will definitely try out Pursuit on Ambipom.

While that Blaziken really looks powerful, I need someone on the team who can outspeed Swellow, as it does a number on everyone but Registeel. Will try it out though.

Well Registeel AND Slowbro can both take on Swellow, its really not much of an Issue.

But if you were concerned, it is very easy to Revenge kill with this Blaziken, look at this Vacuum Wave vs Swellow.

349 Atk vs 136 Def & 261 HP (40 Base Power): 144 - 171 (55.17% - 65.52%)

It can attack maybe 3 times before its dead from Vacuum Wave. Or once if you have SR up.

Well Registeel AND Slowbro can both take on Swellow, its really not much of an Issue.

But if you were concerned, it is very easy to Revenge kill with this Blaziken, look at this Vacuum Wave vs Swellow.

It can attack maybe 3 times before its dead from Vacuum Wave. Or once if you have SR up.
It's 60 BP (due to STab) and not 40. Then add LO and you get 60+3/10x60=78B

Lets say it hit now 90-100%,assuming that now i have almost 2 times than you first calc. Clean OHKO with SR.

One thing I don't like is how this team is mainly specially based. Blaziken and Registeel have the only physical attacks on this team, and Blaziken just has Superpower. While I can't find a spot now, a phyiscal sweeper on the team would be nice, maybe over Missy or Shaymin.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
One thing I don't like is how this team is mainly specially based. Blaziken and Registeel have the only physical attacks on this team, and Blaziken just has Superpower. While I can't find a spot now, a phyiscal sweeper on the team would be nice, maybe over Missy or Shaymin.
Currently, Blaziken is Physical, and Ambipom is too. And it's going to be hard for me to replace Shaymin or Missy, especially if you don't give me an alternative.

That's not bad, but how does this Blaziken play? Do I just switch it in on a Chansey?

Thanks for the suggestions.

It's 60 BP (due to STab) and not 40. Then add LO and you get 60+3/10x60=78B

Lets say it hit now 90-100%,assuming that now i have almost 2 times than you first calc. Clean OHKO with SR.
No thats wrong, the calc i did was WITH stab.

Most teams are "Forced" to be specially based because of the removal of the main Physical forces like Gallade and Staraptor. Blaziken is too frail to do the SD set Gallade did, so its best doign a CB/Specs/LO set.

However, he could try Honchkrow over Missy.

That's not bad, but how does this Blaziken play? Do I just switch it in on a Chansey?

Thanks for the suggestions.
You switch Blaziken in on Steelix's SR and Ambipom's U-turn to name a few. The Former allows you to possibly OHKO/2HKO something with Steelix being forced out, and the latter keeps your opponent on their heels, unable to set up.

You can send it in on certain Chanseys, but they shouldnt be trouble for you really because Missy sets up on them.

HeYsUp, but you remembered LO?

Btw, i would highly recommend the mixed Lo blaziken, as it can break walls for missy and shaymin.

I will think a way to resolve your Typh/Azumarill problem... until that (and to help that) can i use your team?

On the subject of Azumarill, you already have the perfect counter in Slowbro, you're just not using the right coverage move. Simple solution: Psychic over Ice Beam or Toxic so that you can consistently break Azu's Subs. Also helps with the Rain teams you said you rely on it for as your current set has nothing on Qwilfish or Toxicroak.

As for Typhlosion, your team probably requires a member change to counter it effectively, but using HeYsUp's Blaziken set will give you some extra priority assurance in Vacuum Wave, which is helpful for checking those in or close to Blaze range.

I RYT now ;)

Ok. I say that it is a good team, because for one, it has good backup on each other.

Two, I like the moving. It really helps annoy the pants off people who use nothing but offense.

Three, I like the offense too, although return on ambipom isn't great. Use shadow claw instead for any pesky Gengars.

Good job! I give it a 4.5/5

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
HeYsUp, but you remembered LO?

Btw, i would highly recommend the mixed Lo blaziken, as it can break walls for missy and shaymin.

I will think a way to resolve your Typh/Azumarill problem... until that (and to help that) can i use your team?
Sure. Go ahead.

On the subject of Azumarill, you already have the perfect counter in Slowbro, you're just not using the right coverage move. Simple solution: Psychic over Ice Beam or Toxic so that you can consistently break Azu's Subs. Also helps with the Rain teams you said you rely on it for as your current set has nothing on Qwilfish or Toxicroak.

As for Typhlosion, your team probably requires a member change to counter it effectively, but using HeYsUp's Blaziken set will give you some extra priority assurance in Vacuum Wave, which is helpful for checking those in or close to Blaze range.
Ok, great. So Blaziken becomes mixed chicken.

Three, I like the offense too, although return on ambipom isn't great. Use shadow claw instead for any pesky Gengars.
I'm using Payback or Pursuit.

Thanks a lot guys, for the help!

I'm not much of a team rater, but a lot of your team is pretty similar to my team (or teams past) so I guess I have a few things to say.

Ambipom: IMO, besides breaking screens, Brick Break on Ambipom isn't very useful (do you have problems with DS teams?). He's really fragile, and the Pokemon you'd be using Brick Break on are probably tanks like Steelix or Registeel. I think BB does around 20% to each of those, while any hit from either of them will 1 or 2HKO Ambipom. Or they can set up in your face. You can't really hit them on the switch either, because (1) you lose a chance to Fake Out (2) ghosts are just as likely to switch into a predicted Fake Out.

Pursuit over Brick Break. It can trap low HP threats pretty well with technician, and Pursuit is a clear 2HKO on even Mismagius who stay in (even if you're WoW'd first turn, if they switch out the second turn you still have a decent chance of 2HKOing).

Slowbro: My SubPunch Azumarill hates Psychic Slowbro. It's a great counter.

Blaziken: HeYsUp's mixed Blaziken works wonderfully for me. Nothing can really switch into its attacks except for maybe defensive Altaria (offensive versions are still 2HKO'd more often than not with SR up, in my experience). I think chenman333 figured out that only 96 attack EVs were needed to OHKO Chansey and Clefable and 2HKO Milotic (w/ HP Grass), so I moved those extra EVs into speed.

Hope this helps.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
I'm not much of a team rater, but a lot of your team is pretty similar to my team (or teams past) so I guess I have a few things to say.

Ambipom: IMO, besides breaking screens, Brick Break on Ambipom isn't very useful (do you have problems with DS teams?). He's really fragile, and the Pokemon you'd be using Brick Break on are probably tanks like Steelix or Registeel. I think BB does around 20% to each of those, while any hit from either of them will 1 or 2HKO Ambipom. Or they can set up in your face. You can't really hit them on the switch either, because (1) you lose a chance to Fake Out (2) ghosts are just as likely to switch into a predicted Fake Out.

Pursuit over Brick Break. It can trap low HP threats pretty well with technician, and Pursuit is a clear 2HKO on even Mismagius who stay in (even if you're WoW'd first turn, if they switch out the second turn you still have a decent chance of 2HKOing).

Slowbro: My SubPunch Azumarill hates Psychic Slowbro. It's a great counter.

Blaziken: HeYsUp's mixed Blaziken works wonderfully for me. Nothing can really switch into its attacks except for maybe defensive Altaria (offensive versions are still 2HKO'd more often than not with SR up, in my experience). I think chenman333 figured out that only 96 attack EVs were needed to OHKO Chansey and Clefable and 2HKO Milotic (w/ HP Grass), so I moved those extra EVs into speed.

Hope this helps.
Wow, thanks. So basically, 252 SpAtk, 96 Atk, 160 Speed, Mild?

Wow, thanks. So basically, 252 SpAtk, 96 Atk, 160 Speed, Mild?
Well I had two different sets, one of which was fast enough to outspeed certain Pokemon(the one you just listed), and the one that 2HKOs everything in the metagame minus Altaria.

The one you just listed can NOT 2HKO Milotic, which is a big reason to use 236 Atk/ 20 Spd/252 SATK(My personal preference) imo, but if you dont mind then go ahead and use the speed EVs.

The Speed EVs make you faster than min Speed Uxie (Jolly and MAx Speed is becoming common actually...), and Drapion if i remember correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)